Artistic passports

180° GIRL

Chorim stared at the cabinet beside her seat for the longest time as Jin was driving. The passport isn’t there...maybe I was imagining things....
“Chorim? Chorim?” Jin called out to her when they were at a red light. Chorim stopped spacing out and looked at Jin with bewildered eyes.
“You seem a bit distracted. Should we go watch a movie another time?” Jin asked her. He was worried he had forced her to leave with him when all he intended was to take her out for a surprise date during her break. She vehemently shook her head and waved a hand in the air.
“No, no. I just have a lot on my mind...” Thanks to that brat… “I’m happy to be with you.” Chorim couldn’t believe what she had said and shyly looked out of the window. That came out a little more forward than I intended. Jin couldn’t stop himself from letting out a shy chuckle but didn’t comment to avoid embarrassing Chorim. Out of nowhere, Jin’s phone lit up with an incoming call and he put it through to his bluetooth headset.
“Hey, it’s me…” Jin glanced over at Chorim and then back to the road, “I can’t, I’m busy right now…” The caller seemed to be giving Jin a hard time for a few minutes until Jin ended the call with a irritated look on his face.
“Chorim, I’m so sorry, I don’t think we’ll be able to watch a movie today.”
“Is everything alright?” Chorim gently rubbed his shoulder with her hand. By now, she was used to sudden change of plans. She accepted it as the downside of being beside someone important who came from a different world.
“I need to stop by my place to grab something and I’ll drop you off at uni on the way back. I’m really sorry.” Jin said apologetically as he grabbed her hand to hold it.
“It’s fine really!” Chorim sweetly smiled at him. Jin made a turn at the next street and they were on their way to his apartment.

Jin opened the door for Chorim and welcomed her inside. She was still impressed by his place despite having been there a couple of times already.
“Please make yourself at home. I’ll be right back.” Jin said whilst rushing up the stairs. Chorim put her bag down on the couch and walked over to the kitchen to get a glass of water. When she leaned back on the counter, her nose picked up on a strong spicy scent. She looked around the kitchen and noticed a large garbage bag in the corner, looking out of place in the pristine white kitchen with marble counters. Unable to control her curiosity, she walked over to take a look at what was inside. It was filled to the brim with empty takeaway food boxes of all kinds, some with sauces still oozing out. If she had found such a thing at any other place like Taehyung’s or Yoongi’s, it wouldn’t be questionable but for some reason, it definitely seemed unusual in the home of someone like Jin.

~

Nayeon walked out of the staff room of the convenience store in her casual clothes and lazily leaned her hip against the counter whilst letting out an obvious sigh.
“Are you sighing because he didn’t come by today?” Her co-worker asked even though they already knew the answer.
“No…” Nayeon pouted and looked outside with fleeting eyes, “Maybe.” She couldn’t deny that she was slightly upset her store manager had changed the roster which meant she had less chances to see Taehyung. Due to how close it was to the apartment, he often came by in the evening and at night time to buy random snacks and drinks. Out of nowhere, Nayeon saw Taehyung stop just outside the store, concentrated on his phone with a big umbrella over his head. AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH, IT’S TAEHYUNG. Without another word, Nayeon threw her umbrella over the counter which nearly hit her colleague and hurried over. She made it look like it was a coincidence that they bumped into each other when she walked through the doors.
“Oh, Taehyung.” Nayeon exclaimed with the brightest smile and waved at him.
“Nayeon.” Taehyung greeted her with a nod, surprised to see her.
“Are you here to get something?”
“No, I’m just passing by...” Taehyung noticed she wasn’t wearing the store uniform, “You’re off work now?”
“Yeah, I’m just going to head home since the weather’s terrible.” She said as she popped the hood over her head. She waved at him and just as she was about to jog away into the rain, Taehyung stopped her at the last second and shyly held his umbrella up higher.
“I’ll walk you home.” Taehyung said, albeit a bit bumbly. He wasn’t the type of guy to have Nayeon walk in the rain like that.
“Oh, I’ll be fine, I live really close by.” Nayeon said despite hoping Taehyung wouldn’t give up on his offer.
“No, I insist.”

~

Chorim wandered around the apartment now that she was more comfortable with Jin. She was impressed by how immaculately clean the place was which also made the garbage bag seem more suspicious. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hoseok is the one cleaning this place… Chorim giggled to herself, finding the thought of Hoseok busting into Jin’s apartment wearing full cleaning gear amusing. Unfortunately, as she came across the dining table, amongst the documents that were piled on top was a passport just begging for her attention. Okay. This is some weird-*ss coincidence that I do not appreciate at all. Chorim looked up to make sure Jin was still upstairs and then back at the passport. Is this a test? She picked it up and stared at the front cover. Chorim don’t do it...do you really trust what that brat said? Chorim placed the passport back onto the table but didn’t let go of it completely. Okay but checking it would just be me confirming that I am right so.... Chorim closed her eyes and dramatically lifted the passport up opened to the front page. She then slowly opened one eye to take a peek and was extremely relieved to see a photo of Jin, looking ridiculously handsome for an ID photo.
“I knew it...” Chorim said out loud.
“Knew what?” A pair of hands caressed her shoulders from behind, the timing sending chills down her spine. She spun her head to the side and was centimetres away from Jin’s face. She immediately slammed the passport onto the table and turned around. Wait, there’s nothing to be scared of…
“Ah, nothing. I just thought your passport photo was cute.” She nervously laughed. Jin pinched her soft cheek and smiled, “You’re cuter.” He then leaned forward until their foreheads touched and eyes met. Chorim innocently blinked, unable to look away from his soft brown eyes.

~

The weather had taken a turn for the worse and hail started coming down heavily. Still out on the streets, Taehyung and Nayeon were lucky enough to come by a small neighbourhood park and went to hide under the pergola. They both laughed about how they still managed to get fairly wet despite having Taehyung’s umbrella. Nayeon watched quietly as Taehyung closed the umbrella and gently shook the water off of it. She could feel herself getting more nervous around him despite having wanted to spend more time with him. Ah, why am I like this? She tried to keep herself composed when he finally sat down next to her on the bench. The silence between the two of them was killing Nayeon inside because it reminded her that things were still slightly awkward despite her efforts to get closer to Taehyung. She knew it was going to be hard but it was moments like being able to watch the rain with him that made it worth it.
“I nearly forgot, I bought the sketchbook you recommended!” Nayeon excitedly dug into her tote bag, “It’s the best one I’ve come across so far honestly…” She was in too much of a hurry to take it out that she accidentally dropped it into a puddle in between their feet. Nayeon picked it up and wiped away the water in a panic even though some of the pages were already thoroughly soaked through. She meekly smiled back at him, a bit bashful, and didn’t feel like showing him anymore. Even though she remained quiet, Taehyung could tell she was visibly upset. He kindly took the sketchbook into his own hands and carefully flipped through the pages, looking at Nayeon’s various sketches of flowers and animals.
“Your drawings are beautiful,” Taehyung smiled, “when did you start?” Nayeon was slightly surprised by Taehyung’s interest but gladly went along with it.
“Mmm, not too long ago actually. Maybe 3 years ago?” Nayeon watched as Taehyung’s eyes glossed over  her drawings, feeling her chest getting tighter. Nayeon, go for it. “I started because of a senior of mine when I was in high school.”
“Oh? An upperclassman?” Taehyung’s questioned, finding it quite a peculiar answer.
“Yeah,” Nayeon shyly giggled, “he was in the year level above me. His work became really popular online but not many people in school knew it was him because he worked under an alias.”
“Is that so?” Taehyung uttered. Nayeon noticed the slight change in his expression and smiled.
“This is going to sound super lame but I admired him because he was so skilled yet so humble.” Nayeon turned to Taehyung, “If I were him, I would have told the whole world!” Taehyung remained unusually silent for a while, as if it was a warning for Nayeon to stop.
“You might know some his stuff actually. Beautiful Moment In Life, The Dark and The Wild…”  Nayeon paused for a bit and added some more titles, with each one making Taehyung more nervous, “His latest work is my favourite though. Army X.”  Taehyung abruptly stopped flipping through the pages and looked at Nayeon. He had his lips pursed shut as they made eye contact, a sense of unease swallowing him. Nayeon took advantage of Taehyung’s stunned self and caressed his hand with a sweet smile on her face, “Not many people know V's real name but I do, Kim Taehyung.

~

The hail was really coming down onto Jin’s car as he parked at the campus. Despite not going to the movies, Chorim had a strange sense of satisfaction and fulfilment, most likely from confirming that Jungkook was just talking sh*t about Jin to annoy her. Just you wait til I get my hands on you, Jungkook...
“I’m sorry about today. I’ll make it up to you, I promise.” Jin said as he gently Chorim’s cheek. She was loving all this affection she was openly receiving from him. It felt surreal that they had become so close. He still hasn't asked me out though but good things come to those who wait... Just as Jin was leaning to the back to grab the umbrella, Chorim suddenly sneezed and had to cover her nose with her hands.
“I hope that’s not a cold or else I’ll feel responsible.” Jin chuckled. He came back to the front and opened the glove box in front of Chorim. She froze up as soon as she saw the passport that was inside it beside the tissue box. Jin’s passport is definitely back at his place because he didn’t take it with him when we left. So...whose...passport… Jin grabbed a few tissues and slammed the glovebox shut before handing them over to Chorim.
“Thanks…” She said quietly and took the tissues into her hands. He got out of the car and ran over to Chorim’s side to open the door for her with an open umbrella.
“I’ll call you.” Jin said, gazing at her warmly. He then then pulled her in with one arm for a hug, placing his chin on top of her head. The poor guy didn’t realise Chorim was still too stunned to process anything else. I’m just imagining things, right? Chorim stood by the curb, holding onto to Jin’s umbrella, and waved at him with an empty smile as he drove away, leaving her in a daze and just a tad scared.

 



A/N: What a shocking reveal! Well, I tried to make it shocking but most of you already knew anyway, hahahaha.
Haven't seen the other cuties in a while so I'll be sure to write about them. Thank you for all the comments that kept coming through!
I love reading what you guys think of the story so please continue doing so because it honestly gives me so much motivation.
Subscribe, comment and upvote it you haven't already, hehe.

Thank you for reading as always and I'll see you soon.