Bike Hacks

180° GIRL

“It’s taking quite a while, isn’t it?’ Namjoon let out a loud obnoxious sigh from the living room whilst playing on Jin’s PS4. Jimin abruptly stopped his typing to shoot a glare at him from the dining table. The only reason he actually ended up staying was because of Hoseok, even if it actually meant helping that damn Namjoon out. Poor Hoseok had had to be the mediator between the two for the last hour, not knowing why there was such bad blood between the two (and also too afraid to ask). It took a lot of sweet talk and separating the two for the tension to ease off a little.
“Namjoon. Can you please, please, shut up?” Hoseok asked in a threatening manner but with the sweetest smile possible. Namjoon huffed and returned his attention to the game. Jimin promptly returned his focus on hacking into the account and not long after, he triumphantly leaned back on his chair with his arms crossed.
“Okay, done.” He grinned, proud of himself.
“What, really?” Hoseok exclaimed as he rushed over. He was probably more relieved the wait was over because dealing with the other two was mentally exhausting. Namjoon threw the controller to the side and was already hovering over Jimin in a split second to look at the screen. Jimin had successfully hacked into Jin’s online account and managed to pull up the exact real time location of the bike. Namjoon took out his phone and took a photo of the map as well as the address and then placed single coin in front of Jimin on the table.
“For your time and effort.” Namjoon smirked before walking off, heading towards the front door. He had to track down the bike as soon as possible.
“What the is your problem?” Jimin slammed his hands on the table and would have already attacked Namjoon from behind if it wasn’t for Hoseok holding him back.
“Just ignore him. I’m sorry, he’s just really bad with people.” Hoseok pushed Jimin back into the chair.
“Why are you apologizing? Why are you even friends with that *sshole?” Jimin shook his head, gritting his teeth.
“He’s a really good guy, I swear.” Hoseok meekly smiled and wrapped his arms around his friend’s small shoulders and hugged him from behind. He knew how difficult it was for outsiders to deal with someone like Namjoon who had the world at his feet the moment he was born.
“Well, he’s going to get severely bashed one day, mark my words.”
“Oh, don’t you worry, he has gotten into plenty of fights.” It was almost a given considering how easily he spoke without a filter.
“You must be hungry,” Hoseok was right, hacking did make Jimin peckish, “My friend will be home in a bit but he won’t mind us staying here to eat.”
“Oh yeah, this is your friend’s place.” Jimin’s face soured, “It’s not Namjoon’s place, is it?”
“No, no. This is Seokjin’s apartment. You’ve met him before, haven’t you?”
“Are you serious?” Jimin’s expression brightened upon the mention of Jin and he started properly looking at his surroundings, “Is this where all the magic happens?” Jimin beamed.
“What? What magic?”
“Oh my god, I’m going to go look at the fridge!”
“Okay...sure.” Hoseok was a bit weirded out by how excited Jimin seemed all of a sudden. He chose to leave the guy wander alone for a bit and looked at the laptop screen, curious as to where the stolen bike had ended up. His expression darkened upon laying his eyes on the map, a short gasp forcing its way out.
“Hey Jimin.” Hoseok croaked.
“Yeah?”
“Can you just...come here for a sec?”
Jimin promptly walked over with a glass of juice in his hand, curious as to why he had been beckoned over. Hoseok nervously laughed and pointed at the marker on the map, “Correct me if I’m wrong but...the location of the bike...isn’t this your address?”
Hoseok got his answer when Jimin took one close look and spat the juice he was drinking all over his friend’s face and the laptop screen.

Yes, it was indeed his address.

~

Since Seulgi had left for Yoongi’s a while ago, Chorim was surprised by the sudden knock on her front door. In her moment of hesitation, a louder knock followed which forced her to get up from the couch.
“I’M COMING, WHO IS IT...” Chorim’s hand slowly slid down her door frame, “Taehyung.”
“Have you eaten?”
Chorim was tongue-tied and reluctantly shook her head.
“Let’s go grab something then.”
“I’m not really...hungry…” She was an idiot to think that that would work on Taehyung who knew about her monstrous appetite. He had a mixed expression of confusion and amusement and lightly flicked her forehead.
“I’ll see you downstairs in 5.”
Of course, Chorim couldn’t find the courage to outright deny him. She was pretty hungry and secretly wanted to hang out with Taehyung, especially since he was now fully clothed. She closed the door behind her and leaned against it. I mean, this isn’t awkward at all. We’ve always eaten out late at night. It’s not weird Chorim! She nodded to herself like an idiot for self-assurance. I actually am hungry so this is perfect… Chorim suddenly dashed to her make up table and mirror which was an absolute mess as per usual. You wouldn’t really call it a makeup table. More like a table which just happened to have her makeup and tools amongst other things like food, empty cans, cutlery and stationary. Why’d he only give me 5 minutes to get ready!? Her hands started trembling over her brushes. Foundation, eyes, lips...THERE’S NOT EnOugH TIME! It took her a minute into doing her routine to realise exactly what was wrong. She had gone out with Taehyung so many times to eat that she forgot she usually didn’t even get ready at all and went barefaced in her ugly tracksuits...which somehow seemed like a terrifying concept all of a sudden. Chorim laughed to herself like the true madwoman she was as she shakily applied on some lip balm, totally oblivious to the harrowing identity crisis she was having. Taehyung had also just walked past her door in time to hear her laughing, definitely weirded out but not surprised.

After walking back and forth in front of her mirror trying to sort herself out, Chorim decided to change into her grossest all-black tracksuit. One she had not cleaned for weeks with a few hidden stains all over it and made it look like she didn’t own any other clothes in the world. Why, you may ask? She was adamant on reassuring herself that she didn’t need to look good for Taehyung at all. Because she didn’t like him. Because it was Kim Taehyung and Kim Taehyung was just a gloomy and emotionless loser who lived next door.
“BOO!”
Chorim winced and raised her arm in the air to cover herself from whatever the hell just swung over the rooftop in front of her door. She heard Taehyung yell out from the ground level “Jungkook, get down from there!” and slowly lifted her head back up, already pissed off. The monkey boy somehow managed to get down from the roof a bit disgruntled and jumped down in front of Chorim.
“Where are you guys going at this time?” Jungkook’s eyes widened with dangerous curiosity, begging to be invited along.
“Out for food…” Chorim replied rather reluctantly with her eyes shifting to the side. Being rather sharp, Jungkook could just tell from her expression that he was not going to be invited for very obvious reasons. He was rather surprised by the situation he had stumbled upon and being the brat that he was, he was adamant on messing with Chorim even further.
“Hrm…” Jungkook circled Chorim a couple of times like a dog chasing its tail and then stood still with his arms crossed, “You’re glowing. It’s creepy.”
“I’m what?”
“Glowing. Radiant. You know, that glow girls get when they are in luuurrrvvvee.” Jungkook mockingly shuddered and rubbed the sides of his arms. Chorim pretended to be offended by smacking him over the head when in reality, she was flustered by his comment. Glowing because of love? How dare Jungkook suggest such a thing to her. She was barefaced and was wearing a dog’s breakfast of an outfit, he was being sarcastic...right? Jungkook giggled and moved out of the way for Chorim to go down the stairs, beckoning her as if she was royalty.

Jungkook smirked as he watched the two walk off into the night, waving at Chorim every time she turned back to see if he was still watching and making his arms into the shape of a heart to annoy her even more. Yoongi had strictly told him hours before that he wasn’t allowed to hang around inside that night because there would be a guest over (which Jungkook knew would be a woman as always). Hrmm...Chorim or Jimin’s place tonight? Should I call Mingyu over? He assumed they were both empty which meant he would be in for a good night at either. In fact, now that he thought about it, he had been having a good couple of weeks ever since he started staying with them. Sure, they were really weird people with strong personalities but they were nice people. He enjoyed being around them and felt safe (to some degree because Chorim can get pretty violent). Freedom… He knew he would never truly be free no matter how hard he tried.

He went back down the stairs and as he was roaming around trying to get decent reception on his phone, came across the black bike hiding behind the staircase. Jungkook froze up, not quite believing what he was seeing. Nah, there’s no way… He dragged it out (quite surprised that there was no lock on it) and with a bitter smile, he ran his fingers over the cold bike frame.

~

“Well, here we are.” Namjoon looked up from his phone and entered the small apartment block. He knew he had been there before but couldn’t remember for what reason. Ugh...do I have to look around this entire place? Knock on every door? I should have called for some personnel to help me. Without a reason to be suspicious, Namjoon still snuck around the ground floor in search for the bike - near the garbage area, in the small parking lot, near the letterbox - but had no luck. It also didn't help that he had a beanie and a pair of circular sunglasses on. Why? Fashion, he would tell you. Whilst having a look underneath the staircase, Namjoon heard the sound of a door opening on the level above him and was going to ignore it until he heard the sound of people talking. The girl’s voice and giggles sounded way too familiar so he quickly walked out into the open to take a look.
“Seulgi?” He called out, loudly enough for the people to hear. Seulgi had her back leaning against the ledge because Yoongi was up against her with his arms around her waist, one hand already creeping up her shirt and his lips already tracing up the side of her neck. She quickly pushed him away out of panic and turned around, wide-eyed, “Namjoon!? What are you doing here?”
“I could ask you the same thing…” The guy wasn’t stupid, he knew exactly what the situation was. He narrowed his eyes to take a better look at guy next to her. “Wait…” Namjoon rushed up the stairs in order to confront the two.
“What the is going on here...aren’t you the guy Chorim is seeing?”
“What?” Yoongi and Seulgi exclaimed simultaneously, both equally as shocked as the other.
“I don’t know what to say right now. Chorim is going to be so upset when she finds out.” Namjoon shook his head, not acknowledging the backlash he was receiving.

“Look man, I don’t know who the you are, but you better leave before I make you leave myself.” Yoongi spat at Namjoon who was at least a head taller.
“Really Seulgi? You can be with a guy like me and you choose to sleep around with this short and ugly thug instead?” Namjoon sneered. With one look at Yoongi’s threatening glare and tattoo sleeve, Namjoon had seen enough to conclude Yoongi was not worth his time.
“Say that again.” Yoongi was seething just from the sight of Namjoon’s smug face.
“You have such poor judgement, I’m disappointed.” Namjoon shook his head at Seulgi, blatantly ignoring Yoongi who looked like he was about to explode. He took a step forward and looked down at Yoongi with an air of arrogance, “You look like you want to punch me. Do you always solve conflict with violence? Not that I expect any more from such a low-class nobody.”

And that was when the first punch of the night was thrown.

 


 

A/N: Hi guys, you know I love you all right? Yes, that's why I'm posting the next (longer) chapter tomorrow. Yes, you read that correctly. 
(It's so you guys will forgive me for disappearing so easily ha ha ha I'M SO SORRY. No seriously, I am. I'll see you tomorrow!) 
Thank you for reading as always! (ㆁᴗㆁ✿)