Blushing Rain

180° GIRL

Taehyung had a piece of toast hanging in his mouth whilst he busily fried eggs for breakfast. He had heard a scream coming from next door but naturally ignored it, knowing that Chorim had a weird tendency to scream and yell at the most trivial things. He suddenly heard Chorim’s yelling getting more aggressive and rushed outside to see what was going on, worried she might actually be in danger. He was just in time to witness Chorim shove Jungkook out of her apartment and repeatedly beat him up with a clenched fist.
“Out! Out! Out!” She furiously yelled at the poor boy who was topless and stumbling over whilst he hugged a pink hoodie. Chorim was small next to him but she was twice as vicious. Taehyung grabbed the piece of toast out of his mouth and watched on cluelessly from his side. Clearly does not need my help...
“Hey! Is this how you treat an injured person?” Jungkook shouted, still shielding himself from Chorim.
“I don’t care if you’re injured, you.are.an.intruder!” Chorim yelled and slammed the door shut behind her. Jungkook rubbed his aching shoulder and then kicked the air with his foot, frustrated. He had already been kicked out twice in a morning.
“Aish!” Feeling the cold breeze against his bare skin, Jungkook tried to put on the tiny pink hoodie and despite it being such a simple action, his injured shoulder was making it a challenge. The hoodie was only partly over his arms and head when he became stuck and couldn’t move. Sensing Taehyung was still watching, he blindly walked over with his arms in the air stuck inside the hoodie and pitifully said, “Please help me.” Taehyung reluctantly pulled the hoodie down and Jungkook’s head popped right out with his hair all messed up.
“She could have at least given me something bigger.” Jungkook grumbled, fixing his hair with his long fingers. He did look quite ridiculous in the pink hoodie, not because it was pink but because the front was stretched out by his broad chest, the sleeves came down to just below his elbows and the hem, just above his hip.
“How are your injuries?” Taehyung asked. Having treated Jungkook, he knew how bad the injuries actually were and was slightly concerned about Jungkook not going to the hospital in the first place.
“It hurts a little but I think I’m much better. You helped me right?”
“And the other two.”
Jungkook scrunched his face up, clearly not fond of the idea, “Really? Are you sure they weren’t the ones who bashed me up?”
Taehyung smiled at Jungkook's snide comment, “Go get yourself properly checked by a doctor.” Jungkook nodded and politely bowed before departing down the stairs in Chorim's tight pink hoodie.

~

Man, why did he make me bring an umbrella? I’m literally just going to be 5 minutes. I’m not even wearing a bra! Annoyed, Chorim swung the small umbrella around in circles by the handle with her hand. She only intended to be at the store for a few minutes before the live gaming stream session began back at Taehyung’s place but Taehyung was so insistent that he literally threw the umbrella at her as she was leaving. Chorim’s mood worsened as soon as she saw Jungkook sitting on the curb just outside of the convenience store. It had been a few days since she last saw Jungkook and from his expression, she could tell he wasn’t glad to see her either. Ungrateful brat…
“Why, if it isn't Mr. Jeon Jungkook...” Chorim remarked.
Coming from behind Chorim was a pair of neighbourhood police officers on patrol and Jungkook was quick to play the victim and put his hands up in the air just as Chorim was walking towards him.
“Please! I’ve learnt my lesson! Please don’t bash me up again!” He cried out in fake distress, loud enough so the officers could hear him, and intentionally cowered in fear with his arms covering his head. Astounded by his sudden acting, Chorim took a step back and then looked back at the officers who were glaring at her as they walked by. She waved her hands in the air in denial and innocently smiled at them. Fuming, she returned her attention to Jungkook who had a smug smirk on his face, one which rivalled Yoongi's in terms of how highly irritating it was to receive. He was lucky the officers were still around otherwise Chorim would have really bashed him up.
“That's for kicking me out the other day.” Jungkook leaned back on his arms, “You should have let me recover at least. My shoulder still hurts.”
“Well, you should be recovering in your own home.” Chorim harshly replied to him. She felt a tinge of regret as soon as she said it, forgetting he might actually be homeless.
Jungkook's eyes aimlessly drifted off and he said, in a rather subdued tone, “I would if I could.”


Chorim was only inside for a minute or two when it started lightly spitting rain outside. She curiously peeked outside and noticed Jungkook was still sitting on the curb, not minding the rain at all. Is he looking to get sick or what? She shook her head and told herself not to bother worrying. She gathered all the snacks and drinks she was after and went over to the counter.
“Forgetting something?” Nayeon asked her as she swiftly scanned through the items. Chorim clicked her fingers and ran over to the freezer section to get her favourite Strawberry yoghurt. Nayeon giggled, amused by Chorim's oddball character.
“Hey Nayeon, that guy…” Chorim beckoned Nayeon to lean in closer, “do you know him? Does he live around here?” She said in a whisper, discreetly pointing at Jungkook outside. Nayeon tilted her head to the side to take a quick look.
“Aaahh, no, I don’t know anything about him,” Nayeon shook her head, “but I know he comes here to eat ramen every night.” Chorim noticed Nayeon clench her fist and begrudgingly narrow her eyes at Jungkook, “Like, tonnes of it.” Ramen every night… Chorim was no stranger to the diet of instant ramen but that was because she was in college. She fondly remembered her mother’s home-cooked dinner when she was in high school and couldn’t help but feel a bit sorry for Jungkook. It was just how Chorim was as a person. She was quick to help others and cared more than she would ever admit. She knew he was probably still badly injured and considering what she knew of him (or assumed anyway), he didn’t seem to have anywhere to go either.
“You should head home quickly, there’s going to be a storm soon.” Nayeon warned her.
“A storm...” Just as Chorim was paying, a sudden downpour came down outside.

Jungkook, who still hadn’t budged from his spot, heard the sound of an umbrella opening behind him and looked back to see Chorim standing there. Chorim was kind of startled by the way he looked up at her. Gah, what kind of sad puppy dog eyes are those!?
“You shouldn’t sit out here like this. You’re bothering the girl inside the store.” She bluntly said. Jungkook knew that she was most likely lying from her awkward tone to the way she looked up at the sky to avoid eye contact with him. She then threw a carton of strawberry yoghurt into his lap and chucked the umbrella on top of his head before running off. Jungkook watched as Chorim ran down the street in the rain, pulling her jacket over her head like an idiot, and was slightly touched but mostly weirded out by her random act of kindness.

~

Just as Nayeon had warned, the storming rain really did come down, accompanied by loud whispering winds, and unfortunately for Chorim, she was stuck in the crux of it on her way home. Chorim forced the door open and quickly ran inside, out of breath from running and completely soaked from head to toe. I totally regret giving the umbrella away...
“I ing made it…” She gasped for air, trying to catch her breath. Taehyung was baffled to see her in such a state and noticed there was something missing.
“What happened to the umbrella I gave you?”
“Um...I forgot it at the store.”
“You were literally there for like five minutes, how did you…”
“Hey!” Chorim waved the plastic bag covered in droplets of water in front of him, “I got the snacks, alright?”
As soon as Chorim took off her soaking jacket and threw it on the floor, Taehyung immediately got flustered and averted his eyes. Chorim cluelessly walked over to him whilst digging into the bag, “Where do you want me to put the stuff?”
Taehyung panicked at the sound of the toilet flushing and taps running from the bathroom which meant Jimin was going to walk out at any second. In what was a split second decision, Taehyung wrapped his arms around Chorim and hugged her tightly, just as Jimin was walking into the living room. Jimin’s happy whistling awkwardly ceased upon seeing Taehyung embracing a stiff Chorim in the middle of the living room. Chorim was too dumbfounded to say anything but could feel Taehyung tighten his hug when she tried to loosen herself from him. What...what’s happening!? Chorim was dizzy with confusion, realising it was the first time she was receiving a hug from Taehyung. She often hugged Taehyung and Jimin in a friendly manner but didn’t know how she felt about receiving one from Taehyung especially. He had locked her in so suddenly that her hands were against his chest, feeling the light rapid thumping of his heart underneath her fingertips. So warm… Chorim couldn’t see but Taehyung and Jimin were exchanging glances with each other as if they were telepathically trying to figure what to do with the other person.
What have I walked into? Wait, no, why is Taehyung hugging Chorim? Since when was he this ballsy? Sh*t, Taehyung is glaring at me now. Mate, I didn’t know you were going to pull the moves in the living room...Quick Jimin, do something...be natural...
“AAAHHH…” Jimin bent over and grabbed onto his stomach, “AAaaaahhhhh, I-I think I got food poisoning…” Jimin let out an agonisingly fake groan and walked backward into the bathroom, giving Taehyung a big obnoxious wink.
“Um...Tae-Taehyung…” Chorim said in an unusually soft voice. Taehyung loosened his arms but didn’t let go completely and pulled her into his room by her arm. W-W-WAITT…

Taehyung rummaged through his wardrobe and threw a black long sleeved shirt and an old navy jumper at Chorim.
“What’s going on?” She sternly asked him, still very confused. First he hugged her, now he was throwing clothes at
“Put those on.”
“What? Why are you making me…?”
“Please just…” Taehyung turned to look at her but at the last second, shut his eyes closed, “just do as I say for once.” As he tried to make an exit, he blindly stubbed his toe on the edge of his bed but still managed to desperately hop his way out of the room. He shut the door behind him and immediately squatted on the ground and shyly cupped his red hot face with his hands. He could still feel the sensation of Chorim in his arms and wanted to go crawl in a hole. I feel like I’ve sinned. Jimin eagerly watched Taehyung clumsily make his way from the bedroom into the kitchen and then to the couch in the living room. Taehyung tried to pretend nothing happened but Jimin was not going to give up so easily. Not when he noticed that his naive best friend was actually blushing.
“Sooooooooo…” Jimin proudly grinned at Taehyung, “do you need a night alone or…?” Taehyung ignored his cheeky friend and remained dead silent. Ah, Taehyung...what to do with you… Jimin mockingly wrapped his arms around Taehyung and tightly squeezed him.
“Yah! Get off me!” Taehyung barked at him.
“What’s wrong? I want a hug too!” Jimin was having way too much fun with this new-found side to Taehyung.

~

Chorim winced at the sound of the door slamming and curled her lips in displeasure. Gosh, what's his deal? She was about to get changed as told but was absolutely horrified when she looked down at her shirt. She ran to the nearest mirror in the room to check if she was hallucinating and covered her chest. Her entire soul was shrouded in embarrassment, realising that not only was her thin white shirt utterly soaked and see-through but she wasn’t wearing a bra either.

 



In the darkness of her own room, Chorim laid in her bed with her eyes wide open and mind still abuzz, unable to stop thinking about the moment Taehyung hugged her out of nowhere. Ah, why can’t I sleep? Chorim tossed around underneath her blankets, still wearing Taehyung's clothes. After the ordeal, Taehyung didn’t seem to act any differently which is what you’d think Chorim would want but it actually bothered her immensely. I guess he doesn’t see me as a girl...that’s a good thing isn’t it? That’s why I can be the way I am around him…But then again, he’s such an impassive person, it’s a bit… But despite him being so aloof all the time, Chorim knew Taehyung was a very considerate person even if he was easily misunderstood by others. She started to think that it was a rather cute trait of his, always pretending he doesn’t care about anything. Her warm and fuzzy mood was disrupted when she realised her thoughts were wandering off to strange places. GAH CHORIM, GO TO SLEEP PLEASE!  

The storm didn’t show any signs of stopping as the night went on and only seemed to be getting worse. In her restless state, Chorim heard loud knocking on her front door. Curious about the time, she lazily lifted up her phone, knowing it would emit a blinding light, and let out a groan. 1AM...who the …
“Who is it?” Chorim called out, digging her feet into her fluffy slippers. She rubbed her tired eyes and made her way over to the door, curious as to who it was. She honestly thought the worst case scenario would be a drunk Yoongi which she knew she could handle. Chorim had only opened the security door slightly when a hand grabbed the edge and swung it wide open. Jungkook stood in front of her, breathing heavily and physically shaking from being absolutely soaked by the deafening rain behind him. He dropped his black duffel bag and a broken umbrella onto the ground and then grabbed her by the shoulders with his wet ice cold hands and looked straight at her.

“Nuna, let me stay with you.”