House of Cards Part 2

180° GIRL

Chorim waited for a few minutes underneath the roof and Jin soon came back and presented a small bowl full of steaming hot Tteokbokki in front of her as if it was gift. It felt like it was love at first sight for Chorim as she stared at the food and gulped, trying her best not to salivate too much. Jin stabbed a pick into a rice cake and gave it to Chorim before happily popping one into his mouth with another pick. He had to fan his tongue after realising how hot they still were. Kim Seokjin eating street Tteokbokki and burning his tongue. Not anyone can witness this. Chorim watched him as he cutely dug through the bowl for a fish cake. As Chorim was stuck in a trance, Jin suddenly reached out to wipe the corner of so naturally and then warmly smiled at her. Holy sh*t. Chorim shyly shrunk back and wiped with her napkin. This is a dream right? As she awkwardly tried to look away from Jin, she caught sight of trouble coming towards them down the street. Yoongi was walking with his hands in his pockets and head up in the air. Chorim found it strange that he was dressed so formally in all black and white with a vest and a loose skinny black tie. Ugh… Jin noticed her sudden discomfort and turned his head to see Yoongi walking towards them.
“Do you know him?” Jin quietly asked. Chorim relaxed her face to tone down the hate in her expression and smiled sweetly. She pretended to lean forward to take a look at Yoongi as if she didn’t realise he was there in the first place. At that moment, Yoongi spotted her and as usual, a sly smirk crept across his face.
“Nope.” She chirpily replied, trying her best to ignore Yoongi as he walked past them, not giving them an ounce of attention.

It wasn’t long until Namjoon realised the two of them were gone and insisted they return. Both Jin and Chorim reluctantly obeyed in fear of more spamming of angry nagging texts. As soon as they were back inside, Chorim found it a bit odd that a lot of male seniors in the faculty started approaching her, offering her free drinks. They seemed to be making a real effort to separate Jin away from her. As night went on, she had great difficulty declining even though she had had a lot to drink already. Chorim thought she would be okay if she sat down but as she was stumbling towards the couches, her body and mind had reached their limit.

“Chorim!” Jin called out. That was the last thing she heard before complete darkness overtook her.

~

In a drowzy state, Chorim forced herself up and and tried her best to hold her painfully dizzy head afloat. What time is it? 1PM...1PM!?!? She suddenly jolted up as if lightning had struck her and took the blanket off and checked her arms, legs and clothes. Everything was still in place, even the heels on her feet. She sat on the edge of her bed and tried her best to recall last night. Her memory ended with a close-up of Jin’s handsome face calling out her name and then faded into complete darkness. No way…did Jin bring me home? She looked around her place, hoping that it was miraculously clean and didn’t look like a beast’s lair. Wishful thinking.
“Okay, let’s stay calm Chorim. Maybe it wasn’t Jin…” She took a deep breath. But then who did? Maybe I got home myself. Chorim knew that wasn’t very likely. If she couldn’t remember anything else past the point of passing out, there was no way she would have been conscious enough to bring herself home. Look, at least you’re at home, safe and sound. She looked down at the ground and saw two red splatters on the ground. Is that...is that blood? Repulsed, she retracted her feet off the ground and stared at the ground. That’s definitely blood, what the ? In a daze, she turned to the other side and stood up, scratching her head. Her eyes were dry from keeping her contact lenses in all night so she went into the bathroom to put eyedrops in to remove them. She properly examined herself in the mirror once she had her glasses on and wasn’t surprised by the faded slightly smudged makeup. She looked around her apartment and nothing seemed out of place but she couldn’t help but feel uneasy. Her mind suddenly comically manifested the worst possible scenario which she thought was highly likely:

    Jin: I will take you home!
    Chorim: Oh yes prince Jin, this is my address!
    (Jin steps into the dumpster that is Chorim’s home)
    Jin: I thought you were beauty but alas *turns away dramatically* you are a beast!
    Chorim: No, don’t leave me!
    (Jin is already at the door)
    Jin: This is farewell! I will never date you!

NOOOOOOO! Chorim wore a hoodie over her dress and kicked her heels off before slipping her feet into flats and rushing over to Taehyung’s. She entered the house and bumped into Jimin as he was walking out of the bathroom, still brushing his teeth. He had fluffy bed hair and was wearing a white singlet with boxers that had cute game controllers printed onto them.
“Jimin!” She grabbed his arm. She was surprised by how firm his muscles were and withdrew her hand.
“Morning.” Jimin casually greeted.
“Morning? It’s like 1 in the afternoon…” Chorim said. Jimin paused his brushing and looked her cluelessly.
“Is it? Well, I woke up only a moment ago so…” Jimin goofily smiled and scratched his the back of his head before resuming his brushing.
“Okay, anyway, I know this is a stupid question but...do you know how I got home last night?” She asked, a bit ashamed of herself. It was a drunk question you never wanted to ask anyone.
“No?” Jimin knotted his eyebrows. “How am I supposed to know that?” He took a step back and eyed her from the top to bottom, “Is everything alright? Are you okay?”
“Yeah, yeah, I’m fine. I just really need to know how I got home last night...” She crossed her arms with her eyes wandering off into the distance, clearly disgruntled, “and who helped me.”
Jimin unintentionally copied  her, crossing his arms and staring off into space with his toothbrush hanging out of his mouth.
“Wait, were you at that club last night? House of Cards?” He asked, waving his toothbrush in the air. Chorim slowly nodded, surprised that Jimin hit the nail on the head.
“How did you know…?”
“Taehyung and I were there too! I don’t think I saw you though...but maybe Taehyung will know?”
“Where is he?”
“Seems like he’s out.”
Chorim just sighed out loud. Sensing her distress, Jimin bent over so their faces were leveled and fixed her messy fringe up with a bright smile on his face. His cheerfulness rubbed off onto Chorim who relaxed her hardened expression.
“Why don’t you call who you were with last night?” He suggested.
That’s exactly what I’m avoiding.

Just as Chorim was exiting Taehyung’s place, she spotted Yoongi walking up the stairs. He had a light bruise on his cheek and a visible cut on the corner of his lips. Chorim looked at him with judging eyes but was caught off guard when he suddenly threw something at her as soon as he reached the top. Chorim clumsily caught the small bottle in her hand and examined it. It was one of those small hangover recovery drinks they sold at convenience stores. Why is he giving me this…?
“Morning princess.” He greeted whilst tapping in the code to his place. Hmph. Chorim ignored him. She was in such a rush to get inside that her fingers slipped and she entered the wrong code to her place.
“That’s a good look you have there.” He remarked as he hanged around his open door, not yet walking inside. Chorim looked down at the slobbish outfit she had put together in a rush and felt the embarrassment seep into her soul.
“You too. The bruises really bring out your cheekbones.” Chorim sarcastically said before finally getting the passcode correct and slamming the door behind her. Instead of getting irritated like he normally would from her comments, he had an amused look on his face instead.

Chorim landed on her bed and kicked her legs around out of frustration. She hated not knowing what happened as she wasn’t the type to drink to the point she would black out. Chorim realised her phone was buzzing in her clutch bag on the bed and promptly grabbed it out. There was one missed call from Namjoon and two from Jin last night. She had a few new messages and bit her lip as she went to read them.

Jin: Give me a call when you get the chance
Jin: Sorry I couldn’t take you home myself

Chorim drew the phone closer and re-read the second line before reading the rest.

Good news - it wasn’t Jin after all.

Bad news - ...then who the was it!?

 


Next Chapter Preview:
LAST NIGHT.


A/N: As promised, a new chapter! Next part will be out in a few days, hehehe. I just want to treat you guys to a stream of updates for once! ヽ(。・ω・。)ノ
Hrm, I wonder who kindly helped our Chorim home? Will it be who you expect it to be? All will be revealed soon!~
Anyway, here is a photo of fluffy Jimin:

Thanks for reading!
(๑>ᴗ<๑)