Tracking turmoil

180° GIRL

 

"Of course there's a tracking device on the bike," Namjoon exclaimed whilst massaging the side of his temples with his fingers. Hoseok had the usual bright smile on his face and quietly sipped on his cup of tea. He had only sat down with Namjoon for a mere 5 minutes and was already up to speed with the recent drama Namjoon had gotten himself into.
"Why'd you even borrow Jin's bike anyway? You own several cars and you get driven around everywhere."
"There's no logic behind what a man would do for love.” Namjoon melted at the thought of Seulgi. It all started when Seulgi mentioned she wanted to go bike-riding around the city one day. Despite hating any kind of physical activity, Namjoon went ahead and borrowed Jin’s high-end carbon frame mountain bike (which cost a good few grand) to show off to Seulgi. For the most part, it worked on impressing Seulgi but it didn’t end well when Namjoon forgot to lock the bike up in the park and it was stolen.
“Yes, the stupid things you would do for love.” Hoseok shook his head at his pitiful friend. Namjoon was no stranger to spending ridiculous amounts of money to impress girls.
“Anyway, I need to track this bike down before Jin finds out I lost it…”
“Can’t you just...buy him a new one?” Hoseok’s suggestion wasn’t an absurd one. Money would never be an issue for people living in their world.
Namjoon waved his hand in the air and leaned back on the legs of the chair, “No, it’s not that simple. I mean it’s technically not his bike so...there’s that. Enough of this, help me.”
Hoseok pulled his head back with a raised brow and said “With what?” in a cautious tone. How could he possibly help in this situation? Namjoon turned the laptop on the table around and showed the screen to Hoseok, “I need to hack into his online account to locate the bike. What do you reckon his password would be?”
Upon hearing his friend’s absurd question, Hoseok choked on his drink slightly and started coughing.
“You’re kidding.”
“I’ve already tried a couple of things...his birthday...my birthday…”
“Why on Earth would he use your birthday as a - “
“Sshhh ssshhh.” Namjoon brought a finger to his lips to shush Hoseok and then continued to type away on the keyboard. Hoseok was honestly at a loss at how nonsensical his friend was. Why am I friends with this guy?
“Also, another thing since you’re here. I’ve been meaning to tell someone this.” Namjoon beckoned Hoseok to come closer, “I think Chorim is cheating on Jin.”
“Well, she can’t be cheating on him if they’re not actually together…”
“Don’t defend her, Hoseok. She’s pulling the strings on Jin’s fragile heart... I’m telling you, the most beautiful ones are always the most dangerous...”
Hoseok knew there was no point in arguing with the stubborn Namjoon, “And what makes you think so? Are you just pulling this out of the air or...”
“I saw her with someone.”
The dead look in Hoseok’s eyes was enough to convey his disappointment with himself for taking Namjoon seriously for even a second. It was all coming from the guy who thought hacking into his friend’s account to track a stolen bike was a good idea.
“No, I’m serious. I’ve seen her being rather intimate with this other person on several occasions now. My eyes aren’t fooling me.” Namjoon caught Hoseok rolling his eyes, “I’m dead serious!” Namjoon being so insistent in such a manner made Hoseok quite curious as to who this other person could possibly be. Is it someone I know? Jimin? Taehyung? He was startled by the sound of Namjoon angrily kicking a chair from underneath the table.
“This is it. Jin is going to kill me.” Namjoon hit his forehead against laptop keys, “Over a bike. I’ve imagined him killing me over a million other things but never a ing bike.”

~

“Yo man, what’s up? Hhmmm?...Yeah, I can do that. Easy. Hahahaha, don’t underestimate me. I’m a man of many skills. What? Now? Mmmm, yeah I guess so. You’re nearby right? Can you pick me up? I’ll leave the house and walk down the street.
Jimin hung up his phone and stretched out his arms into the air.
“Who was that?” Chorim casually asked. She was snuggled up in a blanket on the couch with Jimin sitting beside her.
“Just Hoseok. He needs me to help with something. He’s coming now, wanna come?”
“Nah, I’m good thanks.” Chorim playfully kicked Jimin’s stomach with her foot, forcing him to get up.
Chorim resumed her mindless viewing of whatever was playing on TV and perked up when she heard Jimin’s voice again, “Long shower, Tae?”
Taehyung had just opened the door of the bathroom and stepped out with nothing but a small towel hanging off his shoulder and a larger towel wrapped around his waist. Chorim gulped as she watched Taehyung run a hand through his wet hair, revealing his well-defined face for a second before his wet fringe fell forward again. Holy… Jimin slapped Taehyung from behind and cackled out loud and walked into the bathroom himself, whilst Taehyung started roughly drying off his hair with the small towel. He made eye contact with Chorim who was quick to awkwardly turn her head away and pretend like she had been watching TV the whole time. Her eyes were looking at the screen in front of her but she wasn’t really processing anything she was watching. From her peripheral, she could see Taehyung place the small towel around his neck again and then walk into the kitchen to open the fridge. She shifted her legs on the couch, forcing her eyes to stay glued on the screen. Oh my god, why would he not put on clothes before hanging out in the kitchen? Does he not realise I’m here?

The last couple of days had been weird for our poor Chorim. She was increasingly conscious of Taehyung and couldn’t seem to stay alone with him for more than 5 minutes without feeling uncomfortable or flustered to some degree. Previously, Taehyung had actually always walked around after coming out of the shower but Chorim would not even bat an eyelid. She herself had done it before as well, wandering around the apartment with only a towel wrapped around her body, whilst yelling at Jimin for turning off the lights as a prank. Those were simpler times. She would never do that again because everything was different now...for some unspoken reason.

“What are you watching?...Chorim.” Taehyung tilted his head to the side, “…Chorim!”
“Hah?” Chorim finally heard Taehyung and turned to face him only to focus on the fridge behind him because the guy was STILL only walking around with a towel around his waist.
“I said what are you watching...why are you spacing out so much?”
“Oh. Just the news.” Chorim replied succinctly, her eyes refusing to meet with Taehyung’s. He took a glimpse at the screen which was actually airing a Korean drama. Is she okay?
In a timely manner, Jimin came out of the bathroom humming and grabbed his phone and jacket off the couch.
“Alright, I’m off.”
Chorim realised what Jimin heading off meant and quickly stood up. She didn’t want to be alone with Taehyung. Not at that time anyway.
“I’m...going to head off too.” She stammered as she fixed her hair and clothes.
“With me to Hoseok’s?”
“No, just um, uh...back to my place.”
Jimin raised his brow at Chorim who seemed unusually antsy and then side-eyed Taehyung who was as equally confused as he was.

~

It had only been an hour or so since Chorim went back to her own apartment so it was a surprise to her when her doorbell rang. As soon as she opened the door, Seulgi pounced on her for a hug and spun her around in circles.
“Seulgi! What are you doing here?” Chorim exclaimed with her eyes lighting up. Unexpected visits from Seulgi were always welcome.
“I needed to pick something up from Yoongi’s…” Seulgi sensed her friend’s curiosity and leaned forward to whisper, “My bra from last night.”
“Too much information!” Chorim walked off, leaving her giggling friend behind.

Soon, they were settled down on Chorim’s couch, each with a cold can of beer in their hands. Like friends do, they gossiped about literally everything they could think of since they last met up properly. Seulgi went into detail about her dates with Namjoon who lavished her in the most luxurious experiences money can buy which came to Chorim as no surprise.
“Wait, and you’re still seeing that bastard next door?” Chorim asked curtly. Not that she thought Namjoon was a good match for Seulgi anyway but at least he was filthy rich and less of an a**hole. Seulgi rolled her eyes and finished off her beer.
“Yes, I’m still seeing Yoongi, it’s the beauty of having an open relationship. He’s honestly such a sweet guy, Chorim.”
“Yeah, he’s probably sweet to you because he just wants to get into your pants.”
“Well, he can get in there any time he wants because he’s ah-maz-ing in bed. Absolute freak.” Seulgi giggled at her friend’s expression of disgust and hugged Chorim’s arm. As much as Chorim disliked Yoongi, she was still friends with him and you just never want to know this sort of information about your own friends.
“Anyway, how’s Mr. Kim Seokjin?” Seulgi’s question caught Chorim off guard even though she had expected him to brought up at some point.
“He’s fine.” She didn’t know what else to say.
“Just fine?”
Chorim nodded lightly and took a big gulp of beer. Seulgi was having none of her bullsh*t and pinched Chorim’s cheek, “Hrrmmmm, I think there’s something you’re not telling me! What happened?”
“Nothing happened!” Chorim forced a laugh, “He’s really just fine.” She wasn’t lying. Nothing did happen but perhaps she didn’t want to admit that that was the problem. Chorim put up a protest and jabbed Seulgi’s stomach so she would stop pulling on her cheek.

There was a lot of turmoil happening in Chorim’s clouded mind upon the mention of Jin - emotions she wasn’t sure of, thoughts she didn’t understand. Seulgi still had her suspicions, noticing the slight telling frown on Chorim’s face and decided to let it go for the night. She had been friends with Chorim long enough to know when the girl needed some time to clear her head over whatever was troubling her.
“Anyway, back to Yoongi being an absolute fuh-reak…” She started hysterically laughing as soon as Chorim screeched and playfully pushed her over.

~

Jimin looked around the apartment as he entered with bewilderment. Even the spare pair of slippers that Hoseok offered him were nicely cushioned compared to his slippers back at Taehyung’s which were falling apart. Wow, this place is huuuuggggeee.
“Make yourself comfortable. Well, this is my friend’s place but he’s not home at the moment.” Hoseok grabbed Jimin’s coat and put it on the rack near the door. They even have a clothing rack! Dayum.
“So you reckon you can help us hack into an online account?” Hoseok asked.
“Yeah, shouldn’t be too hard. It might take a while depending on what sort of decryption is required but we’ll have to see. What’s it for anyway?”  Jimin had never been inside such a luxurious looking place before and was in absolute awe as he walked down the small steps which led into the living room. 
“Ah, it’s a...stupid story. We’re just trying to track something down for another friend.” Hoseok chuckled and went into another room past the kitchen with Jimin following behind.
“Yo, you’re back.” Namjoon leaned back on his chair and then grimaced at the sight of Jimin who was equally as displeased to see him.
“Him? He’s the friend who needs help?” Jimin said with disappointment as he pointed at Namjoon who sat at the end of the long dining table in front of a laptop.
“Hoseok. He’s your friend? Are you serious?” Namjoon interjected.
“Yeah…” Hoseok’s eyes glanced back and forth between Namjoon and Jimin who were shooting death glares are each other, “Do you guys now each other?”
“No,” Jimin purposely sneered at Namjoon, “and I’m suddenly feeling not so helpful.”
“And I suddenly don’t need any help if it’s going to come from someone like him.”
Hoseok cut through the tension in the air with his nervous empty laughter and directed Jimin to the seat near Namjoon. This wasn’t wasn’t turning quite as well as he had hoped.
“Haha, guys, come on…we’re all friends here.” Hoseok meekly said, “I’ll go get some food...” He power-walked away into the kitchen, praying they didn’t kill each other in the meantime.

 




Author's note: Oh my lord, guys, I am so sorry for the sudden long hiatus. I seriously kept thinking about getting back to it but I didn't have the time to flesh things out. I can safely say I am back now. Apologies, it's not a very exciting chapter but we need it to get the ball rolling! I'll be back real soon (and by that I mean like a week or two, not a month LOL). It's a promise! Thank you for staying with me. 

Also, in other great news, I actually got to see BTS last Friday night for their Wings Tour in Sydney! It was such an amazing experience! TT__TT I think my soul left my body multiple times because they were so beautiful up close (I was in the standing section...at the barrier...within arms reach...!!!). Legit human gods. Their solo performances were so touching and their group stages were LIT AF. I miss them already. They've come such a long way from their emo debut days and I just love them so much. 


Finally, in not so important news, I am following BRODUCE101 really closely. I love Kang Daniel. That is all. 

Thank you for your support! See you! ^^