Moonlit Part 2

180° GIRL

“Hey, what’s a pretty girl like you doing all by yourself? Want to go have some fun with us?”
“No thank you.” Chorim smiled graciously at the sleazy guys who had randomly approached her and reeked of alcohol and cigarettes.
“Not even for a few drinks? Come on.” One of them said with a tacky grin on his face, quite obviously eyeing her chest.
“Sorry boys, she has other plans.” Namjoon exclaimed as he joined in by wrapping his arm around Chorim’s shoulder. Saved by the playboy himself. The guys looked at each other and then at Namjoon who smugly waved them off with his hands. They probably knew not to mess with him. He had his silver hair slicked back and wore a well-fitted striped suit, upkeeping his wealthy playboy look as one would. They also saw Jin jogging towards them from behind them and if Namjoon wasn’t intimidating enough, Jin’s default cold expression was. Although disgruntled, they just went on their way without looking back. It must have been the hundredth time that a guy or a group of them had approached her during the entire night. They were most likely people from other colleges or older guys who were out on a hunt for pretty prey at a night festival full of drunk college chicks.
“I had plans?” Chorim said with her arms crossed, playfully raising her brow at Namjoon.
“To hang out with me!” Namjoon childishly pointed his index fingers at her. “Jin, I don’t need you now. I have found Chorim. You may leave.” Namjoon joked around, waving Jin off with his hand. Jin and Chorim chuckled at him. The air was still slightly awkward between the two of them. They were perhaps more than acquaintances now but they didn’t actually know that much about each other.
“Your sweater!” Chorim exclaimed as soon as she made eye contact with Jin. “I forgot to bring it.”
“You can return it to me anytime.” Jin smiled at her and then shifted his gaze. She looked at Namjoon who was awfully distracted by something. Damn it, the conversation is dead already. Chorim, quickly...
“Are you guys going to the concert? I think it’s starting really soon.” Chorim asked.
“The concert...I don’t know, are we?” Jin directed the question at Namjoon who was still looked enchanted with his mouth slightly opened in awe. “Namjoon?”
Chorim and Jin looked in the direction he was staring at and saw a small but loud group of people walking past them. Chorim spotted Chi, a transfer student she had befriended earlier on, amongst the group and waved. Chi happily waved back and looked like she was about to walk over but was pulled away by a shorter girl with an orange bob cut. Jin clicked his fingers in front of Namjoon’s face to snap him out of his strange trance.
“Huh?” Namjoon turned his head, a bit dazed.
“Are we going to the concert?” Jin repeated.
“Concert?” Namjoon looked at them with genuine confusion. “Oh, concert. The concert.” Namjoon clumsily checked the Rolex watch on his wrist, “No, we’ve got better things to go to. Come on, we’re meeting up with everyone else soon.”
Chorim knew the whole deal. When Namjoon said ‘everyone’, he meant the elite, the young ladies and sirs of South Korea’s most well-off families. The concert was the final major event of the festival drawing the largest crowd because famous singers and entertainers  and popular idol groups often attended to perform. Despite being such a big event, it was rare for any of the elite to attend. Their families were so powerful that they would just need to use their connections to see any celebrity they wanted so there was no need to attend a mere college concert. The elite were instead going to hold their own exclusive luxurious celebration on campus as always, as another a party for both new and old ‘members’.
“Coming with us Chorim?” Namjoon asked. These were the perks of being the perfect Chorim everyone knew her as. She was able to enjoy their world without actually being a part of it but despite that, she knew what her true self wanted more than anyone else.
“No, it’s alright.” Chorim grabbed Namjoon’s wrist and looked at the time. “I’m a bit tired. I might just head off.” Chorim lied. She wasn’t tired but she couldn’t be bothered joining the world of the rich kids for that night. She knew exactly what it would involve: lots of alcohol, socialising with vain people and a great deal of effort to keep up her appearance; none of which she could be bothered with. Namjoon pouted and then smiled whilst taking his phone out and tapping it on her head.
“If you change your mind, call me, okay?” He said, attempting to sound cute. Jin couldn’t help but grin at his ridiculous friend.
“Yes sir.” Chorim replied, “Have fun.” She quietly said, looking at Jin who nodded back.

~

Chorim met up with Suji and a couple of other friends for a while to wander around the festival, play carnival games and listen to buskers. In the distance, they could hear the loud music and cheers coming from the main stage of the concert. After what seemed like a long night, Chorim broke off from her friends and was finally heading home, desperate for the comfort of her own cosy bed. I can’t wait to get out of these damn heels… As she was walking, someone bumped into her shoulder and she fell onto her backside after losing balance. Chorim groaned in pain as she tried to gather herself and stand back up. Whilst she was dusting herself off, the guy who ran into her had stopped to pick up her clutch and gathered some of the contents which had scattered everywhere. He silently handed over the clutch to Chorim.
“Oh thank you.” He was only a bit taller than Chorim was and because his hoodie and cap hid most of his face, she could only catch a glimpse of his pale skin which seemed to glow in the poorly lit path on the outskirts of the campus.



Without a word, he headed off and left Chorim standing aimlessly in the middle of the pathway, dissatisfied.
He didn’t even apologise...ah my hands… Chorim continued on her way whilst examining her throbbing hands. She then slid her hands over her pockets. Hrm, where’s my phone? She frantically dug through her small clutch but had no luck. I definitely had it just a few minutes ago.  Chorim started desperately recalling her steps and then remembered her earlier encounter with the guy who bumped into her. No fxcking way… She turned back and helplessly hoped she would be able to spot the guy. Well shxt. She didn’t even know what his face looked like.

Whilst quickly rushing back and trying to remember what the guy was wearing, Chorim spotted something unusual going on near one of the secluded buildings. A group of sleazy looking guys were cackling out loud, surrounding somebody sitting on a bench. Chorim instinctively walked towards them to see what was going on and squinted her eyes, trying to make out who the person sitting was. Oh, it’s the transfer girl, Chi.  
“Alright, let’s go play.” The blonde guy bellowed. He then proceeded to make Chi’s head nod by holding her chin and slowly slid his other hand up her thigh, beneath her skirt. HOLD THE FXCK UP!  
“HEY!” Chorim growled just in time to stop him and stomped over to the group. She forced her way through their circle and went to pick Chi up but it was a lot harder than she had anticipated. Shxt, she’s completely out of it!
“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Do you want to join us too?” A gross smirk crept across the blonde guy’s face.
“You guys better leave us leave or I’ll call the police.” Chorim tried saying as calmly as possible. Shxt, I don’t have my phone. She continued to stand her ground and fixed Chi up. These douchebags better piss off before I fxcking stab their eyes out with these heels… The blonde guy reached out to grab onto Chorim’s shoulder and just as she was about to snap, a hand grabbed the guy’s wrist and pulled it away from Chorim.

 



A/N: Hrmmmm, can you guess who the new guy is? (It's probably too obvious isn't it? hahahaha) (๑>ᴗ<๑) And I wonder what's up with Namjoon...and who is the one to save Chorim (not that she needed to be saved lol)... Let me know what you guys think! I'm very excited to post up the next parts in the upcoming weeks. Also, for anyone who is interested, I wrote about Chorim and Chi's first encounter here. As always, thanks for reading! Extra love to those who subscribe and comment!!! ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)