Fragile Latte

180° GIRL

Chorim shoved Taehyung out of her way, stormed towards Yoongi and grabbed his collar. He glanced over to Taehyung who was standing by the door and then back at Chorim who looked like she was about to bite his head off.
“Is this some sort of new greeting  I don’t know about?” Yoongi tried to laugh it off with his hands innocently up in the air.
“It’s how I greet people who steal stuff from me!”
“Look I think there’s some misunderstanding. I’ve never…” You’ve never….!?!?!? Chorim’s senses blocked out the rest of what he was saying and she immediately dug into her pockets and shoved her phone into his face.
“Doesn’t that phone belong to…” Yoongi brushed her hand away and put on a fake and obnoxious gasp. “You mean…” A smug look melted into his face as he eyed her from head to toe. “Daebak, what a new and refreshing look. I thought you were a different person!” He chuckled. Chorim looked at her own daggy PJs and remembered her face was bare and her hair probably looked like a bird’s nest. ! Having had enough, Suga easily shook away her grip on his collars. Although he wasn’t as tall as Taehyung, he was tall enough to tower over her once he straightened himself up. He then leaned over and wrapped his arm over her narrow shoulders, treating her like a kid.
“Look, it was nice chatting with you guys,” Yoongi said with an irritated smile on his face. To Min Yoongi, an obnoxious girl and a quiet lanky guy was not going to a problem for him. “But I am a very busy man so if…” However, he had grossly underestimated the agitated Lee Chorim. She abruptly kneed him in the area of his fragile manhood, causing even Taehyung who was just watching nearby to cringe a little, and dragged him out of the house by his collar whilst he groaned in immense pain.

~

Jin looked at his watch and then went back to scanning his surroundings. He said to meet up here… At a second look, a figure across the street caught his attention. Silver hair. Pitch black clothes from head to toe. Kim Namjoon… Namjoon was half crouched down, hiding behind a wall at the corner like a shady character. Jin was a bit embarrassed to even approach him but crossed the street anyway. He had received a call from Namjoon just an hour before with great urgency.
“Namjoon...” Jin tapped him on the shoulder and he spun around with a startled expression, “what are you doing?”
“I…” Namjoon straightened up from his crouching position, “was waiting for you.”
Jin rolled his eyes slightly, not the least bit convinced, “So why did you call me here?”
“Coffee.”
“Coffee?” Jin leaned over to see the cafe Namjoon had been watching so closely. Namjoon nodded enthusiastically and abruptly returned to cautiously keeping an eye out. Jin’s ears picked up on the sound of distant shouting. He turned his head to witness a girl in sweatpants and an oversized shirt dragging a guy with blonde hair by his collar down some stairs of an apartment complex with a guy with an extremely long fringe trailed behind them.
“JUST YOU ING WAIT…” The girl swore out loud.
“Hey…” Jin lightly shook Namjoon’s shoulder, “doesn’t that girl look like Chorim?” Namjoon looked to where Jin was pointing, tipped his circular shades down a tad and narrowed his eyes. He couldn’t quite see the girl’s face but could clearly hear her excessive and loud cursing. He shook his head with an offended expression.
“There’s no way that barbaric woman is my Chorim.” Namjoon paused and eyed Jin down, “You’ve been mentioning her quite a lot these past few weeks. What is it? Are you finally interested in someone?” He raised a brow with suspicion.
“No, I just think she’s a good person to be around.” Namjoon sighed, not convinced by Jin’s answer.
“Well, if you ever ‘think’ differently, let me know.” Namjoon returned to looking around the corner. “You sure know how to pick the pretty ones…” Jin heard Namjoon utter to himself. Fed up with standing around like loiterers, he pushed Namjoon forward despite a lot of resistance and they eventually entered the the cafe.

~

“Jungha, you can’t rent your room out to a criminal!” Chorim cried, half pleading, half commanding. Jungha looked on incredulously, trying to understand the situation. Chorim had stormed into the office of the housing complex, dragging the new tenant in by the collar, with Taehyung just lazily following behind them.
“Now, now, let’s not throw extreme words around…” Yoongi said weakly, still putting on a charming smile in front of Jungha.
“Dear, he’s already put down the deposit for 6 months rent.”
“6 months!?” Chorim side-eyed him. “You might want to look into where he got that money. It’s probably not even his.”
“Hey, I work hard for my money!” Yoongi growled back before cowering back to his fragile state after having been viciously attacked by Chorim.
“I don’t know why you’re so worked up about this Chorim. You’re usually such a calm and sweet person.” Jungha rubbed Chorim’s shoulder with a worried look in her eyes. Chorim heard Yoongi utter under his breath, “Psh, calm and sweet my a**…” She already had her fist raised in the air, ready to punch the life out of him, when Jungha calmly intersected and grabbed her hand and Yoongi’s.
“I don’t know what misunderstanding you guys had but I hope you can sort it out soon between yourselves, okay? Neighbours should be kind to one another.” Jungha gave them a fragile motherly smile, loaded with expectations. They may be adults but Jungha still treated them like children. She took both of their hands and wrapped them together in a weird forced handshake. Chorim loved and respected Jungha too much to retaliate further but immediately withdrew her hand away from Yoongi’s as soon Jungha let go. Chorim turned around and glared at Taehyung who started snickering behind them. He dug his hand into the pockets of his hoodie and shrugged at her with a smirk on his face, restraining his urge to laugh out loud.

~

Namjoon and Jin sat down at a table by the window inside the nice little cafe. Namjoon calmly looked through the menu, going about his own business like usual, whilst Jin became increasingly  irritated by his friend’s antics. He lowered the menu and leaned in, “Namjoon, you better have a good reason as to why you called me out here so urgently.” Namjoon shook his head with disappointment.
“Can’t I just get coffee with a good friend without a reason?”
“You don’t even like coffee!”
“That’s not the point here, it’s about....SH*T!” Namjoon suddenly straightened himself and fixed his posture as he looked at the menu with much interest.
“Are you guys ready to order?” A waitress asked them with her notepad and pen ready in her hand. Jin looked up at her. She was radiantly pretty, the type some people would call ‘doll-like’. Namjoon audibly cleared his throat and tried to put on his best natural sounding y and deep voice which made Jin want to punch him.
“I’ll have a latte, thanks.”
Jin handed over the menu to the girl and said, “Just water for me, thank you…”
Namjoon’s eyes adoringly watched the girl as she left their table and went over to the counter to prepare their drinks.

“Yah!” Jin kicked Namjoon’s shin under the table. He lowered his voice and glared at Namjoon. “You called me at 8AM on a Sunday morning just so we can go check out…”
“Jin,” Namjoon whispered back with a serious expression, “I think she’s the one.”
“For this month.”
“No, listen. I’m serious this time.”
Jin closed his eyes and took a long deep breath to calm down. This wasn’t the first time this had happened and he knew it wouldn’t be the last. Without opening his eyes, he sternly said, “Okay, tell me why she’s the…”
“Here's your latte!” The waitress interrupted him. Jin quickly opened his eyes in time to accept his glass of water from her.
“Thank you.” Jin said calmly, whilst Namjoon struggled to even coolly nod with gratitude. Without thinking, Namjoon took a sip of his scalding hot coffee and burnt his tongue. Jin watched as Namjoon pitifully fanned his own tongue before swiftly taking Jin’s glass and drinking some cool water.
“What’s her name?” Jin asked, leaning back with his arms crossed.
“I don’t know.” Jin remained silent and looked at Namjoon unimpressed. “Look, I saw her at the college festival so it’s basically fate that I happened to see her again this morning as I was passing this very cafe...” Namjoon waited for a response from Jin who still looked very annoyed. “I could have never seen her again and here we are…”
Jin slammed his hands on the table and stood up. “Right, I have to go. I suddenly remembered I had something to do.”
“What?”
“Not hang around a stalker.” Jin bluntly said before quickly leaving the store.
“YAH! KIM SEOKJIN!” Namjoon desperately cried after him.


❤ BONUS
“Just my dumb ing luck...I find a good place and what happens...I’m stuck living next to a psycho b*tch…” Yoongi angrily mumbled to himself as he walked down the street with his hands in his pockets. He suddenly knocked shoulders with Jin, who had been too fixated on his phone. Jin was just leaving the cafe where he had left Namjoon. Jin looked up from his phone and apologised. Yoongi naturally glanced at the shiny Rolex watch on Jin’s wrist  to the latest smartphone in his hand and then to the expensive looking longcoat he was wearing.
“Watch where you’re going, pretty boy. You don’t own the ing street.” Yoongi nastily sneered at Jin and continued on his way. Jin silently watched him walk away, displeased with their encounter, but chose to leave it and returned to his phone.

 



A/N: Hello hello hello. A Christmas Eve update? (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑ Yay! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Ah, I'm a bit worried because there's still sooooo much that I want to happen for this story. I've got way too many things planned but not enough time to write! As you can probably tell by now, I'm quite detailed with writing as well so that's why it takes a while and the pace of the story is slow-ish. Slow but steady, I guess? Hahahaha. °˖ ✧◝(○ ヮ ○)◜✧˖ °

Anyway, if you're reading this update at the right time, have a Merry (and safe) Christmas/Holiday! Otherwise, I hope you guys have a Happy New Year! I look forward to sharing more BTS shenanigans in 2016. And I can't forget, thanks for reading! ❀.(*´◡`*)❀.