Salty tests

180° GIRL

Hoseok woke up to the fragrance of scrambled eggs drifting in the air. His hazy vision took a while to focus but it wasn’t long until he realised he was not in his own bed or even his own home. Alarmed, he sprung up and frantically looked around albeit too quickly with a wave of dizziness hitting him in an instant.
“Morning senpai.” Jin mockingly greeted him from the kitchen bench. Hoseok’s guard was relaxed as soon as he spotted Jin, realising he had slept over at his friend’s apartment.
“Sen...pai…” Hoseok’s expression darkened at Jin’s unusual greeting, “Oh god, I don’t remember a thing.” Why do I have an ominous feeling...? 
Jin let out a chuckle, “Don’t worry. As far as I’m aware, the weirdest thing you did was calling me to pick you up.” Hoseok’s eye twitched as he tried to figure out what Jin was referring to. Pick me up from where?.... THE PARTY! JIMIN’S PARTY. THE ROOFTOP PARTY. THAT PARTY.
“Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait…” Hoseok waved a hand in the air.
“I’m waiting…” Jin walked over and placed a plate of steaming hot scrambled eggs and toast in front of Hoseok.
“You’re saying you picked me up from the party I was at last night?”
“Yes.”
Hoseok gulped and tried his best to conceal his fear. CHORIM IS GOING TO KILL ME. 
“Did you, um, meet anyone else?” Please say no, please say no, please say no…
“Hrm, a few people?” Jin urged Hoseok to have some food, “I’ll be right back.” He then walked off and went upstairs to his room, leaving Hoseok to drown in paranoia on his own. A few people? A FEW PEOPLE!? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? Who were these people? Was one of them Chorim? Did they meet? Should I start planning my own funeral? Hoseok shakily spread some of the scrambled egg on a piece of toast and took a bite. The more he chewed, the more grim his face became and he had to force himself to swallow the food down. It was natural that Hoseok had temporarily forgotten about Jin’s cooking skills because it had traumatized him in the past when they were younger. The worse part about Jin’s cooking, apart from how awful it tasted, was that he always somehow managed to make it look deceivingly appetizing. Hoseok looked at the plate in front of him with despair. It’s confirmed. Jin is trying to kill me first by serving me the saltiest scrambled eggs on Earth.

Just as Jin was putting on his jacket and gathering his wallet and keys off of the sidetable, Chorim’s phone started violently vibrating with Hoseok’s contact name and display photo on the screen. Her phone was in his possession because it had fallen out of Hoseok’s jacket last night when Jin was dragging him into the apartment. I should probably give this back to him… Jin swiped the phone up and went back outside.
“Chorim-ah...pick up...pick up...please pick up....” Hoseok nervously mumbled to himself with the phone to his ear, not realising Jin was carefully listening and approaching him from behind. So it’s Chorim’s phone… Jin tightly gripped the vibrating phone in his hand and then hit Hoseok’s head with it before dropping it into his lap. Hoseok dumbly stared at the phone and as soon as he realised who it belonged to, he clumsily scooped it up and shoved it into his pocket.
“Whose phone is that? You’ve been calling nonstop for a few minutes now.” Jin asked as a test. He was curious as to why Hoseok had been so fidgety the whole morning. It didn’t seem like a big deal to Jin that Chorim was at the same party but Hoseok hiding it made it seem more suspicious.
“A friend’s. I must have accidentally taken it…” Hoseok awkwardly laughed, hoping Jin wouldn’t pursue it any further. It came as a relief when Jin seemed to shrug the matter off and headed towards the door to put his shoes on.
“Wh-where are you going?” Hoseok asked.
“I have a test in an hour, watch my place for me.”

~

Jimin kicked the blanket off of his body and rolled over on the couch, clearly frustrated. He had been on his laptop and phone the whole morning, not leaving the couch even once. Occasionally, he would mumble to himself with a highly concentrated expression as he scrolled through his phone as if he was searching for something. Taehyung left him alone for most of the morning and now that the afternoon was approaching them, he was busy preparing lunch in the kitchen. His back and shoulders ached, having slept on the floor last night on a thin futon after leaving Chorim to sleep on his bed. It was almost 2PM and there was still no sign of Chorim recovering. She should be struggling to wake up right about now…
“HOOOOOOOLDDDD ON!” Jimin cried out loud with so much excitement he rose from the couch. His sudden cry startled Taehyung who in turn squashed the tomato instead of slicing it with the knife. He glared at Jimin from the kitchen bench, watching him bring the phone closer to his face as if he was blind.
“Is it really him? No way…I should have asked for a selca...” Jimin mumbled. Taehyung shook his head and ignored Jimin. He had cut off the ruined half of the tomato and was about to slowly start slicing the other half up when Chorim ran out of the bedroom and went straight to the bathroom, aggressively slamming the door shut behind her. Taehyung looked with devastation at the other half of the tomato under his hand which was now also squashed. He couldn’t even get angry at Chorim who was already suffering enough as far as he could tell from all the echoing vomiting noises coming the bathroom. After a few minutes, Chorim sluggishly walked out of the bathroom with a deathly sunken face, her whole appearance looking sloppier than usual.
“Uuuggghhhh…” She leaned on the kitchen counter and stared at the ground, contemplating all of her life decisions.
“Well, you did this to yourself.” Taehyung bluntly said, the scathing truth stabbing at Chorim’s back. I'm never drinking again. She knew too well she was lying to herself. 
“Food....” Chorim croaked, “Feed me, oh holy saint…” Without hesitation, Taehyung shoved a slice of plain bread into and laughed at how stupid she looked. She took the slice of bread out and slammed it on the table whilst cupping with her other hand, looking ready to puke again. It was hard to deal with starvation when your body was physically rejecting the slightest hint of food.

After a few seconds in the bathroom, Chorim’s scream filled the apartment and she frantically ran back out with her hand pulling on her shirt.
“What is this!?” Chorim’s eyes wavered as she waited for Taehyung’s answer. He glanced down at Chorim’s revealing collarbone and saw the red hickey on her neck.
“It’s better if you don’t know.” He simply said, not quite sure if it was the right reply to give to an increasingly agitated Chorim.
“Was it…” No, Taehyung would never. But who…? “THAT B*STARD!” Taehyung’s stern silence only riled her up even more because she knew she was right. She angrily put the collar of her shirt back in place with a murderous look in her eyes. She casually glanced over at the clock on the wall and grasped onto Taehyung's arm.
“!” Taehyung could tell she was freaking out and watched as she stumbled over to the front door.
“Where are you going at this time?” He was asking more out of concern at the possibility that Chorim was going to go over to Yoongi’s to commit homicide.
“I HAVE A TEST IN HALF AN HOUR!” She yelled as she ran out without closing the door behind her. At this point, Taehyung wasn't even surprised anymore but was, instead, thoroughly impressed by how irresponsible she was. Jimin started chuckling and shook his head, “What an idiot.”

~

And somehow, Chorim made it through. She had rocked up to class with a cap and a pair of sunglasses to barely hide the fact that she was experiencing one of the worst hangovers to date in her entire drinking history. She rushed through the test and was one of the first few to leave the room so that no one would talk to her. She knew her perfect image was slipping away like fine sand through the gaps of her fingers but all she really cared about in that moment was getting home as soon as possible. Euugghhhh...I feel so ill...everything hurts...I don't even know where my phone is...
“Chorim!” A voice called out. Chorim reluctantly turned around and saw Jin heading towards her with his hand waving in the air. Nooooooooo… Chorim forced a fake smile and waved back. His charming face was such a breath of fresh air to the point that she knew she wouldn’t be able to handle him. 
“Oh, you recognise me...hahaha...” Chorim joked, immediately regretting it as soon as she said it. She was not in the right state of mind to be interacting with Jin.
“Of course I do.” Jin chuckled, “I’m just glad I finished at the same time as you.” Chorim wasn’t clear-minded enough to see through his lie. He had finished quite early as usual but had waited for Chorim to finish first before turning his paper in so he could easily catch up to her. It was probably a blessing in disguise that Chorim did not remember the close encounter Hoseok had accidentally brewed up last night when he called Jin over to the party. Well, not yet anyway. Chorim tried her best to maintain a conversation with Jin who seemed a lot more talkative than usual. It was either that or Chorim was really not in the mood for chatting, even if it was with Jin. , I should have just stayed at home...
“Are you feeling alright?” Jin asked as if he was reading her mind. He had bent over a little so he could see her face better but to Chorim, it was too close for comfort. This is so embarrassing,  I look like a goblin… Chorim turned her face away from Jin and had her hands up.
“I’m okay. I just have a slight headache…” More like a migraine that is about to make my head explode…
Chorim knew her efforts to shake Jin off were futile because the school’s gate was located right beside where the car park was which was where Jin was heading. A sense of relief came over Chorim as they approached the car park, knowing she could safely escape Jin's company.
“Well, I guess this is where we part. I might see you to...morrow?“
Chorim saw Jin’s eyes widen with shock as he was looking at her. Is something on my face? Jin frantically patted himself down for some reason and then pulled Chorim across to his car which was parked nearby.
“Wait Jin…”
“Chorim, you have a heavy nosebleed.” WHAT!? Chorim swiped a finger underneath her nose to check and was horrified by the amount of blood smeared across her hand. It was literally gushing out. She saw Jin climbing into the passenger seat and then elbowed him out of the way.
“Jin...I’ll get the tissues myself…if you could please look away...” Chorim said with a shaky voice. Her mind was dizzy from the sudden embarrassment she was experiencing. Chorim desperately opened up the compartment between the front seats with one hand and grabbed a bunch of tissues to cover up her bloody nose. Her hand accidentally grabbed on another object and pulled it out along with a few tissues. Hrm, what's this...? It was a passport and with the way her fingers were placed, the front cover naturally opened up. Chorim’s eyes were immediately drawn to the ID photo in the corner. Wait, why would Jin have this…? The person in the photo was undeniably Jungkook.