Dumpling neighbours

180° GIRL

Jin and Chorim continued to walk side by side down the street after Yoongi had escaped. Chorim wasn’t in the best mood but nothing could stand in the way of her spending time alone with Jin. However, even though she was right beside him, all she could think about was her chance encounter with Yoongi. At least I got my phone back… Chorim continued to walk with a nasty glare in her eyes as she focused on the ground. But that b*stard changed the passcode! She was startled when Jin started waving his hand in front of her face to get her attention. Shhh**ttt, what are you doing right now Chorim? You’re with Jin, KIM SEOKJIN!
“Oh my god, I’m so sorry.”
“Ah, so this is what it feels like to be ignored.” Jin pouted. It was the first time Chorim had ever seen him to do such an expression and her heart was about to burst. She hadn’t realise the cold prince was capable of making such an expression and was stuck in a state of silent awe but to Jin, she looked anxious.
“I was joking.” Jin said with a concerned smile on his face. “Why does everyone take me so seriously?” He looked away, a bit annoyed.
“It’s because you do it too convincingly.” Chorim tried her best to look pretty whilst giggling. Oh this is it, this is it! Do it! Chorim had to quickly wipe the sly smile off her face before she touched Jin’s arm and strategically asked, “Hey, did you want to grab some food?”

~

Chorim examined the menu which was full of her favourite mouth-watering meat dishes. They were sitting comfortably in a small restaurant Jin insisted they go to just a few blocks away. Alright Chorim, I know you’re ridiculously hungry right now but be conservative. You can’t scare Jin. She quickly sneaked a look at Jin who was calmly looking through the menu. Just order something small. You can pig out later at home… The waiter came to the table and held out his notepad and pen.
“Are you guys ready to order?”  Jin looked at Chorim who promptly nodded back.
“I’ll have a large bowl of Jjajangmyeon, a plate of fried chicken…” Oh he’s ordering for me too, that’s so cute. “ Mmmm, some Kimchi Jjigae and a plate of Tteokbokki with cheese as well.” Jin handed over the menu to the waiter and then he innocently asked, “What are you getting Chorim?” Chorim froze in her seat and started to panic. THAT WAS ALL FOR HIMSELF!?!?
“I...I’ll just have the plate of 6 vegetable dumplings…” Chorim said as she hesitantly handed over the menu to the waiter. NO, REALLY, DID HE ORDER ALL OF THAT FOR HIMSELF? THERE’S NO WAY RIGHT?
“Are you sure that’s enough? Are you not hungry?” Jin inquired whilst pouring the water for Chorim. OKAY HE DOESN’T PLAN ON SHARING, HE REALLY ORDERED ALL OF THAT FOR HIMSELF...WHAT THE ?
“I’m...on a diet.” Chorim looked down to hide the fact that she was lying. Diet...what a lame excuse.
“You shouldn’t be.” She heard Jin say sternly. She looked up a bit stunned.
“What…?” Oh my god, is he saying I’m perfect the way I am?
“Restrictive diets that aren’t related to health-related issues are bad for you.” Jin was visibly frowning in front of Chorim who was at a loss for words.
     Oh....
“You should be able to enjoy all the types of food you want.”
     he’s really…
“It’s just about moderation.”
    ...passionate about food.
She had never seen him get worked up over anything before because he seemed so nonchalant about everything most of the time. She could only manage a quiet nervous laugh before sculling down her water to suppress her hunger.

By the time all of Jin’s order came out, Chorim had already finished her measly plate of dumplings. Chorim only agreed to have some of the Jin’s Kimchi stew after he kept insisting on it. At the beginning, Chorim watched Jin with hanging open as he devoured his food like he hadn’t eaten for a week. She wasn’t sure what it was about him eating that was so fascinating but she couldn’t take her eyes away. Perhaps it was because the way he excitedly ate did not fit his usual calm and collected demeanour. She only realised she was creepily watching him when he slowed down and made eye contact with her.
“Ah, sorry. I get carried away when I’m eating.” He said whilst wiping his mouth with the napkin.
“Don’t worry about it!” She smiled and took a tiny sip of her soup. “I’ve just never seen anyone eat so deliciously before.” She even wiped despite having barely eaten anything. If this was Chorim at home, she wouldn’t have even bothered with wiping until she was done with her meal. After feeling the vibration go off in her bag, Chorim quickly took out the flip phone and opened it up.
    Jimin: did you find the guy?
    Chorim: don’t even ing mention it
“Is that a flip phone?” Jin leaned in to look at it inquisitively. Chorim reflexively slammed the cover down in an attempt to hide the messages from him.
“This...I uh…’’ Oh god, I look like such a loser right now.  “This isn’t - ”
Jin casually went back to taking a bite of the piece of chicken he was holding.
“It’s really cute.” He smiled brightly, “It suits you.”
“Oh...thanks…”

Wait, did he just…?

~

Chorim yawned loudly and openly scratched her stomach in front of Taehyung without any shame.
“Did you just come from a horror movie?” Taehyung said as he moved away from Chorim as if he was disgusted to be around her. He was referring to her horrid dark circles and loose and greasy unbrushed hair. She hadn’t even bothered changing out of her sleepwear which was a pair of worn out trackpants and an extremely wrinkled oversized shirt that looked like it belonged to a 40 year old man.
“Rude son of a…” Chorim was interrupted by another yawn which was longer and louder than the previous one.

It was around 8AM on a Sunday morning and Jungha had asked Chorim and Taehyung to go pick up some cardboard boxes from the nearby grocery shops for her before they were taken away. Otherwise, Chorim would still be sound asleep, not even thinking of waking up before midday. Once they arrived at the store, Chorim made Taehyung carry all the big pieces in one big box whilst she lazily dragged a medium sized box full of small ones.
“Why does your aunt want these boxes anyway?”
“I have no idea.” Taehyung said. Chorim was unable to contain the long groan that followed.

When they returned from their trip, they were met with a small truck parked in front of the stairs and a few boxes stacked on top of each other. Jungha came rushing from behind the truck and greeted them with a big smile.
“Oh Chorim, Taehyung! You guys came just in time. The new tenant just arrived.” Chorim and Taehyung simultaneously looked at each other, both a bit clueless. New tenant!?!?  “He’s just unpacking some of his stuff now. Why don’t you guys go say hi?” Jungha hurriedly grabbed the boxes from them and shooed them up the stairs.
“Of course! Thanks for letting us know!” Chorim sweetly said before returning to Taehyung with an expression of utter confusion.
“What the , did you know we were getting someone new?” Chorim whispered aggressively as they made their way up the stairs.
“No, she didn’t mention anything about it.”
“Hah...I sure hope it’s a girl.” Well, I mean, only because it’s obvious that Jin wouldn’t move to this shoddy place.
“Me too. Then there will finally be a pleasant feminine person in this building.” Taehyung’s smirk was wiped off by Chorim’s slap to his forehead. Once they arrived at the door of the newly occupied apartment, Chorim urged Taehyung to go in first but they became stuck in an exchange of angry whispers.
    “Why the heck do I have to…”
    “Well, I can’t do it. I look like a mess.”
    “And that’s not my problem, is it?’
    “JUST GO!”
Chorim forcefully shoved Taehyung forward and hid behind the wall beside the door frame outside.
“Hey, I live in unit 108, nice to meet you.” She heard Taehyung say in his deep voice. “Oh….aren’t you…?” Taehyung’s tone had changed all of a sudden.
“108? We’re practically neighbours then.” The person replied. Wait a minute… Upon hearing the voice, Chorim stumbled into the apartment herself and the moment she saw the person, her mood soured in a matter of milliseconds. She unknowingly grasped onto Taehyung’s shoulder to hold herself together as she eyed down the new tenant.

Min ing Yoongi.

 



A/N: I really enjoyed writing this chapter and I'm not sure why hahaha. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it and thank you for reading as always! I am very grateful for everyone's support. (◡‿◡✿)