Uncoordinated outfits

180° GIRL

Before she could gloss over to the other details, she heard Jin clearing his throat and nervously turning around, thinking she was caught in the act. He was still facing away with his hands in his pockets, looking up at the sky. She shoved the passport back into the compartment and got out of the car with both of her hands over her nose covered in a blanket of tissues.
“I am so sorry for causing you trouble…” Chorim with a muffled voice, avoiding eye contact so Jin wouldn’t see her slightly tearing up through the lenses of her sunglasses. Jin immediately spun around and rushed over to her.
“Do you need me to take you to the hospital? A GP?” Jin asked her with genuien concern. It wasn’t the first time he had seen Chorim with a bloody face but it was still a shocking sight to witness. Chorim shook her head too violently for someone with a nose bleed and slowly backed away from Jin.
“No, you don’t need to do something like that. It’s just a nosebleed!” Chorim tried her best to laugh off the looming fear that she was now dying as a consequence of drinking too much. She knew it was not going to be easy to have Jin let her go judging from the worried look on his face so she quickly bid him farewell before he could insist and power walked right through the gates without looking back. When she was sure Jin was not following her from behind, her steps quickened and eventually, she was desperately jogging her way home. When she was a block away from her apartment, Chorim threw out the used tissues, rolled up the spare ones in her pocket and shoved them up her nose. It wasn’t a very flattering look but it was definitely the most convenient for someone like Chorim who didn’t care about her image now that she was at home. She could already hear the sound of the TV coming from inside her apartment and wondered if she had forgotten to turn it off herself despite knowing she never used it that morning.

Her curiosity was settled as soon as she saw Jungkook lazily sprawled out on her couch, stuffing his face with chips whilst he watched TV like a typical couch potato.
“Oh nuna, you’re back!” He exclaimed excitedly despite Chorim’s deathly glare. He always acted cute when he knew he wasn’t supposed to be doing something. She was still at a loss as to what to do with someone who roamed so freely around her place, treating it as if it was their own. Deep down, she did feel a bit sorry for him because he was still technically a student but it didn’t negate the fact that he was an obnoxious brat. Jungkook turned the volume down and sat up from the couch. He leaned on the couch arm and cupped his chin with the palm of his hand as he watched Chorim grumpily wonder around the apartment.
“What happened to your face?” Jungkook asked.
“Nose bleed.”
“No, I mean, in general.” I swear to god this little ing...
“Can you just go play next door today or something? I’m not in the mood.” Chorim said in a sullen tone.
“But Yoongi hasn’t been home.”
Chorim was agitated by the mention of his name but knew she wouldn’t be able to lash out at him until shehad the chance to actually confront him. That b*tch better not be avoiding me...
“Well, that’s even more reason for you to be there and not here.”
“I’d much rather keep you company though!” Jungkook beamed, “Come on, I’ll make you an amazing dish. I’m an excellent cook you know?” The mention of food immediately got Chorim’s attention as she remembered she had not eaten since the night before and all she had been doing was vomiting it all out the entire afternoon. She was disappointed in herself for being tempted but had to give in because she didn't have the energy to prepare anything for herself.
“What’s this amazing dish?” She probed.
“Ramen cup noodles.”

As promised, Jungkook prepared his amazing dish for the both of them and 10 minutes later, they were on the floor in front of the couch and digging in, surrounded by all the trash on the ground. Chorim had found it strange that the mess inside of her apartment didn’t seem to bother Jungkook and it almost seemed like he enjoyed it since he didn’t like staying at Yoongi’s place which was, embarrassingly for Chorim to admit, cleaner. After messily slurping up the last strands of ramen noodles from the cup, Jungkook choked and started coughing. When he turned his head, he realised Chorim was creepily staring at him from the side and furrowed his brows.
“Why are you looking at me like that…?” Jungkook with his mouth full, slowly chewing. He gasped and covered his chest with his arms in a cross, “Please, Chorim, I’m a very pure and innocent teen boy.” Ticked off by his obnoxious expression, Chorim grabbed a cushion off the couch and threw it at him as he laughed hysterically.
“You little sh*t...” Chorim cleared and faced the TV, “Anyway, the thing you told me about your passport…” She thought it was as good a time as any to find out more about the passport she had discovered in Jin's possession.
“Yeah, what about it?”
“Is it true?”
“One hundred percent true.” Jungkook paused and then shuffled across the floor over to her on the cushion he was sitting on, “Why do you ask? Do you know something?” Chorim pulled her face away from his orange ramen stained face and sneered at him for getting too close.
“Don’t breathe on me you disgusting pig.” Chorim pushed his face away with her elbow, “I’m only asking because it sounds suspicious. How do I know you’re not a wanted criminal on the run?”
“Chorim, have you ever seen a wanted criminal with a handsome and innocent looking face such as mine?” He said whilst he fabulously flipped his fringe to the side and looked at her with intentional puppy-dog eyes. It seemed like a serious matter if what Jungkook claimed was true and yet, what confused Chorim the most was how casually he talked about it. He probably knows that Jin has his passport but…how do they know each other? Chorim returned her attention to the TV and wanted to focus on something else.
“That reminds me. Where were you last night? I don’t remember seeing you at the party.” Then again, I only remember that first half of it...
“Ah…” Jungkook eyes wavered, “I was out with some friends.” He couldn’t tell her he had jumped off the balcony of her place in order to avoid any chance of meeting Jin and resided in a PC cafe by himself the whole night.

“Hah, you have friends?” Chorim laughed at her own lame joke. Both of them turned their heads towards the door when the bell rang which was followed by loud but short knocks.
“Who could that be?” Chorim uttered.
“CHORIM, ARE YOU HOME? IT’S ME HOSEOK!”

“Coming!”
Jungkook froze up at the sound of Hoseok’s voice and tried to remain calm in front of Chorim who was getting up to head towards the door. He then slowly slid off the cushion onto the floor and crawled towards the balcony whilst keeping an eye on her. As soon as Chorim opened the door, Hoseok ushered her back inside and closed the door shut behind him.
“Hoseok, what’s wrong?”
“Chorim!” He took the phone out of his pocket and gave it to her, “Here. I actually called you on the way here to tell you I was coming but then rememembered I had your phone. Also,
He dramatically grabbed her by the shoulders, please spare me.”
“Wait, what’s going on? Why do you have my phone?” Chorim narrowed her eyes with suspicion, “ And spare you from what?”
Hoseok nervously laughed, “Well, you see…”

Chorim’s face got paler as she listened to Hoseok’s recount of the night before. From him calling Jin on her phone right to Jin actually showing up at the apartment to pick him up. Chorim’s brain was about to explode from thinking what could have possibly gone wrong if lady luck was not on her side.
“I messed up, I’m sorry!” Hoseok bit his fist, “Please forgive me.”
“He didn’t mention anything when he saw me today…” Chorim thought long and hard about it so she would not miss even a word of what Jin said, “Okay, we’re fine. Totally fine. He would have mentioned it right? RIGHT!?” Chorim was straining her eyes at Hoseok who was immensely terrified of her. He knew just how violent she could become despite being so petite. She put her hands on her hips and shook her head whilst mumbling 'It's fine, it's fine' to convince herself.
“Oh, right, have you met…um…” Huh? Chorim’s eyes searched the living room for Jungkook but see him anywhere. The only thing that seemed off was the balcony’s door being wide open, letting in the outside wind, when Chorim had never opened it.
“Met who?” Hoseok tilted his head to also look around.
“Nevermind, nevermind. Did you want to stay or?”
“No, I just wanted to give your phone back and beg for my life.” Hoseok sighed, “I have to go back home now, my parents have been asking where I disappeared to. PLEASE FORGIVE ME CHORIM! I’VE MADE A VOW NEVER TO DRINK AGAIN! I'LL MAKE IT ALL UP TO YOU SOMEHOW!” Hoseok started fake crying in front of Chorim. She couldn’t stay mad at him for long and just ushered him out of her place. When Hoseok left, Chorim went around the rooms to look for Jungkook but couldn’t find him anywhere. She went outside on the balcony and could only conclude that he had jumped back to Yoongi’s place. What a strange kid...

~

The weekend came and whilst everything seemed to have gone back to normal, there were definitely changes brewing up amongst the residents. Chorim was still haunted by the almost-happenings of the party and the mystery behind Jungkook’s passport was constantly on the back her mind. Yoongi had not come home ever since the night of the party. Jungkook had become notably more cautious about staying at the apartment for some unknown reason. Jimin...actually not much had been bothering Jimin apart from the fact that he may or may not have bumped into one his favourite people without realising it. And finally, there was Taehyung.

Whilst busily typing away on his laptop, Taehyung briefly glanced over to Chorim who was sitting cross legged very comfortably on the couch reading manga as usual. Even though he tried not to, he couldn’t help but catch himself trying to glance over at her from time to time. Despite having seen Chorim extravagantly glammed up countless times before, he knew that right now was his favourite look on her. Her long hair was down and slightly unbrushed, with one side tucked behind her ear. She was wearing her actual prescription glasses which was something she avoided doing when going outside. Lastly, she was in her homewear which simply consisted of an old baggy T-shirt she had stolen from him and some worn out shorts.
“Chorim.”
“Mmmm?” Chorim’s eyes didn’t move from the pages beneath her fingers.
“Let’s go eat out for dinner tonight.”
“Sounds good. Where are we eating? Jimin said he wanted to try a new -

“I meant...just the two of us.” Taehyung intervened before Chorim could finish. She lifted her head up and met with Taehyung’s eyes, not realising he had been facing her the entire time. Taehyung cleared his throat and pretended to look for something on his desk, “As in like before we go to the supermarket like we usually do on a Saturday...Jimin will probably complain if we all went together and then -
“Yeah, sure.” Chorim returned to reading with a small smile on her face, thinking that Taehyung being so flustered was pretty cute.

~

“Sungjae, can you go check the warehouse for extra ammo? I think I’m going to need back-up from the side as soon as I’m done with this course.” Jimin said in his serious gamer voice.
“On it.”
Sungjae and Jimin were busy gaming with their laptops and professional headsets. They had already been at it for a few hours but that was just the start of their night. Suddenly, Taehyung quietly walked out of his bedroom and tried to sneak past the two of them.
“Sh*t, do you have any grenades on you?” Jimin asked without noticing his surroundings.
“Well, well, well, what do we have here…” Sungjae pulled his headset down to his neck and grinned at Taehyung. Jimin looked at Sungjae first with confusion and then pulled his headset off as well. Taehyung froze up like a statue and guiltily turned his head towards them.
“Where are you off to on this fine night?” Sungjae questioned with a brow raised up. He had thought it was suspicious that Taehyung didn’t want to join in their weekly gaming night. His curiosity was heightened as soon as he saw Taehyung wearing something that didn’t look like it could also be worn at home. It was as if he had put effort into his outfit. He was wearing a navy long sleeved collared shirt with his sleeves slightly rolled up. He had tucked it into into a pair of black tapered pants, secured by a black leather belt. His hair remained the same, covering a bit of his eyes, but it was noticeable that he had made the effort to brush it. He had also exchanged his dirty old backpack which had holes at the top of it for a new-looking brown leather one (which his mum had bought him for his birthday a year ago). Overall, you could say he was looking a bit different from the usual home hermit Taehyung.
“Dinner with...my manager.” Taehyung quietly said. His answer would have actually been convincing enough if it weren't for the coincidental knock on the door which followed right after.
“Tae! I’ll meet you at the restaurant okay? I need to go drop something off for a friend so I’ll be a few minutes late! See you then!” Chorim cried out before leaving.
Taehyung awkwardly looked away from his friends now that his lie was so openly exposed and slowly put on his shoes. He could already imagine the menacingly obnoxious laughter that would follow as soon as he was gone.
“Sungjae, Taehyung’s manager sounds a lot like Chorim, doesn’t she?” Jimin calmly closed the lid of his laptop whilst trying to keep a straight face on.
“She sure did, Jimin. I remember his manager being a woman in her forties but she sounds surprisingly young.” Sungjae pursed his lips to keep in his laughter.
“Yeah, and the way she lovingly called him ‘Tae’? What a great relationship they have. I wish I had such a good relationship with my manager. Even though I don't have one.”
“Jimin, you’re absolutely right. You can just hear the excitement in her voice when - “
“OKAY, I GET IT. I GET IT. I’M LEAVING.” Taehyung angrily shouted before walking out and slamming the door shut behind him. He could hear the laughter erupt from inside his apartment and face-palmed himself. I'm such an idiot. Just when he thought that that was the last of his misery, he heard someone shout his name from above when he had made it down the stairs and was in the driveway. He looked up and saw Jimin and Sungjae waving in synch with creepy smug expressions on their faces.
“Say hi to your manager for me.” Sungjae shouted.
“Yeah, have fun with your manager.” Jimin added on.
“CAN YOU TWO PLEASE SHUT UP!?” Taehyung raged in an attempt to cover up the fact that he was extremely embarrassed. The two idiots giggled like schoolgirls and continued waving at him as he stormed off.

 



A/N: Happy Comeback Eve! Hope I can survive this comeback so I'm able to continue writing this story, hahaha.  (´。✪ω✪。`) 

ALSO, FOR REFERENCE (dayum boi,what an upgrade):