chapter 71

THE MAGICAL PAINTING

Jaechun and risa stood near yoohun's building …they were looking at anything but each other …silent fell heavy on them ..

Yoochun said in a small voice :

" umm…you should go back home risa …its late already"

She nodded ….its dark already …she said in a small voice too :

"ehm…we didn’t talk about what I came to talk about "

Jaechun's eyes widened ..she wanted to talk about something other than aya ??...

Jaejoong's heart started beating fast …she must mean the talk about him …he lowered his head but risa looked up smiling and said :

"but that is not important anymore "

Jaejoong looked up at her and said :

"really?"

She nodded a quick yes ….

"risa I don’t want you to decide anything while you are in difficult emotional position …like today's"

"but jaejoong ..you too were in a difficult emotional position today ….plus I think people show their true colors in hard times "

He gulped …yeah he has to admit …things went out of his control today …he was not able to control himself like he should have …

Risa smiled and said :

"aya used to hurt you since so long ago …but you cried for her with us so thank you "

His ears reddened …he is lost again ….should he be happy or sad ?..is this praising or scolding ?...if yunho heard this he surely wont be happy about it …

He murmured :

"I .. was only being a human …"

Yoochun and risa exchanged a smile then yoochun said protesting :

"hey you two …why are you talking about things I don’t understand ?"

Risa said pissed off :

"don’t play stupid …I know you know everything "

"me ? I know what ?"

"you knew that jaejoong was a girl and that aya hurt him a lot and you didn’t tell me anything "

Yoochun looked at her with horror in his eyes and said :

"I cant believe it !!...i thought the spirits of the dead are reborn in new born babies …how come aya's spirit was reborn in you this fast ??!!"

Risa kicked his leg hard and he jumped up in pain while laughing …jaejoong thought in horror that what yoochun is saying as a joke might really happen in reality …

Yoochun stood up straight after rubbing the place she kicked and said :

"ofcourse I wont tell you …I will never tell anyone someone's secrets "

"all of you knew except me …lahi and top must have known too "

Jaejoong looked to the side so risa wont say his expressions …his expressions that was screaming ..yes …yes they know …

Yoochun said :

"you don’t have the right to be angry …I understand how you feel but you know that I don’t tell anyone somebody's else secrets for any reasons …"

"that is reassuring ….thank you yoochun …and I …"

So said jaejoong then he took a deep breath ,released it , looked at risa and said :

" I am sorry because I didn’t tell you before ….but I was worried you wont love me if you knew …or that you would think I am in love with yunho or yoochun like aya used to think …or that I was just trying to see if I can go out with a girl …"

Risa's face reddened …that is exactly what she was thinking …

Yoohun said :

"risa wont think like that …risa knows that you love her …right ?"

 Risa nodded with a red face and jaejoong blushed ..he then cleared his throat and said :

"that is great to hear …mind if I walked you home ?"

Risa looked up at jaejoong who stretched his hand for her to grab but she went for his arm to cling on it and put her head on his shoulder …

jaejoong laughed and waved good bye to yoochun with risa while walking away leaving yoochun standing there alone ….

Yoochun looked at jaejoong and risa walking away together ..he remembered himself and aya …

Yoochun looked up at the sky and screamed at it :

"ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh…."

 

******************************

 

Top walked into the research room carrying a tea tray to be surprised that yunho was not behind his desk …

Top looked around to find yunho standing next to the table that has the painting on it …yunho was hunched down on the table  while writing something ..

Top thought for a moment then put the tea tray on the desk so it wont be near the painting and get it dirty then he walked to yunho and said :

"yunho sama ..the tea .."

"good ..bring me a cup .."

Top went back to the desk, poured a cup of tea for yunho then walked back to yunho to hand him the cup when his eyes widened in horror and he said :

"yunho sama !!!!"

Yunho looked up fast and said :

"what is it ???"

"what are you doing ??"

So said top while looking at the painting that was full of arrows ,circles and notes that yunho wrote on it ….

Yunho sighed and said :

"what ?..you are asking me about this ??...dont scare me!!! .."

"yunho sama …doesn’t the painting get ruined like that ??"

"ruin it ? are you an idiot ?...the painting is drawn by magic ..this is a normal ink …it wont effect its magic at all …plus I am writing here just so I wont forget … I am going to clean it off carefully before using the painting …after all letters are dangerous in any magic operation …"

Top exhaled loudly …thank god …

Yunho smiled and said while returning to writing again :

"I see that you care very much about the painting …I don’t blame you though…its your way to freedom …"

Top thought for a moment then said :

"to tell the truth yunho sama …I wasn’t thinking about that …I was just worried about all the effort you and jaejoong sama went through to get this painting .."

"and you think I would waste all that effort by a stupid mistake ??"

"I know you are greater than that sir …but I was really surprised at that moment …please forgive me sir "

"so ? how is the operation going?"

"actually sir the master said he wants to see you "

Yunho looked up at top surprised and said :

"he is already awake ?"

"yes … he just barely can open his eyes and the moment he did he asked to talk either to you or to jaejoong sama …"

"oh…ok"

So said yunho then he put the pen he was writing with aside, straightened up and disappeared in the thin air …..

 

**********************************

 

Yunho stood in the middle of the room staring at changmin who was sitting on the chair right infront of him … he took a deep breath and said :

"hiroshi?....kimura hiroshi?"

Changmin looked up at him smiled and said :

"you look older "

yunho smiled and said :

"you look like a brat "

Changmin smirked back and said :

"knowing you there must be an important reason for you to call back my memory …..or did you miss me ? "

"like I would miss a pain like you "

Changmin smiled lovingly and said :

"you are still a brat …"

 yunho snapped his fingers and a chair appeared behind him …he sat on it facing changmin and said :

"as much as I hate to admit it I called back on your memories because I need your help …you are the best magic thief I ever knew and I need your experience in that "

Changmin sat straight and said :

"this sounds interesting …tell me more "

"its about your old friend…. Ichiro"

"what about the bastard ?"

"he made a painting  that can help traveling through dimensions"

Changmin stood up and said surprised:

" he was able to make it ?"

Yunho simply nodded …changmin gulped ,sat back down and said :

"you want me to help steal it from him ?"

yunho smiled and said :

"I already got it …and he is already dead …I took it from his son ….yoochun"

"yoochun is his son ? "

"you always amaze me hiroshi …I tell you I got the painting and ichiro is dead and you ask me if yoochun is his son!!"

changmin smiled and said :

"what do you want from me lord brat ?"

yunho got up and said :

"for now I want you to rest ..then top will come and get you when the painting is safe for you to see and then we will talk "

changmin smiled and said :

" I will be here then …oh and if it is possible I would like to talk to jaejoong "

yunho nodded and said :

"we will see about that …"

Then he disappeared leaving changmin staring wide eyed at the place he was standing in but then after few minutes changmin started laughing loudly and said :

"you never fail to amaze me brat "

 

***************************************

 

Jaejoong and risa were walking in silence the whole time …they didn’t know what to talk about ..but it was a comfortable silence in which jaejoong and risa enjoyed the feeling of being close to each other and completely alone ….

When they reached risa's building risa turned to face jaejoong and said :

"we are here "

jaejoong looked in her eyes ,smiled and said :

"thank you "

"you are the one who took me home I should be the one doing the thanking ….why are you thanking me anyway ?"

jaejoong looked to the side and said :

"for taking me even after knowing about my past "

Risa reached her hand to touch jaejoong's cheek and when he looked at her she said :

"you are an amazing person jaejoong …have more confidence in your self  ..*wink* see you tomorrow ?"

jaejoong nodded and risa turned around and was about to enter the building when jaejoong said :

"risa"

Risa looked back at jaejoong to be surprised by him kissing her on the cheek ….risa blushed a deep shadow of red and said:

"see you tomorrow jaejoong …I love you "

And she ran into her building ….

jaejoong smiled while watching her disappearing back …

"you look happy jaejoong sama "

jaejoong almost jumped out of his clothes ..he turned around to find a smirking top ..jaejoong said through gritted teeth :

"you scared the hell out of me …don’t sneak on me like that "

"I didn’t sneak on you jaejoong sama you just weren’t paying attention to anything or anyone but your girlfriend"

"shut up "

Top smiled ,bowed and said :

"yunho sama asked me to take you home "

"isn’t he busy ? I thought maybe I would sleep at yoochun's or my apartment today"

"he has a guest he wants you to meet "

"a guest ?"

Top nodded ,put his hand on jaejoong's shoulder and they both disappeared in thin air ….

 

*******************************

 

jaejoong's eyes doubled in size the moment he saw the person in the room…changmin ….why is changmin here ? why is he in yunho's house ? why did top take him here ??...

"hi jaejoong …how are you ? …have a seat "

So said changmin while pointing to the chair yunho was sitting on a while ago …

jaejoong threw himself on the chair while staring at changmin …something was off about him …changmin never calls people by their first name and ….just ….something was off ….

jaejoong looked back at top to find him gone he then looked back at changmin who sat back in his chair ….jaejoong gulped and said :

"changmin?"

changmin smiled and said :

"not ..exactly "

"huh?"

"do you believe in past lives jaejoong?"

jaejoong shrugged and said :

"I never thought of it before, why ? and what does that have to do with anything?"

 "you can say I am changmin and more"

"huh?"

"I am changmin ….but it seems that yunho needed the help of one of my old lives and that is why he called back the memories of that life…so now I remember the life I had in that time as additional to the memories I have from this life …the memories of the time that I was involved in magic and the life that I met yunho in for the first time… "

jaejoong stared at him for a minute then said :

"are you serious?"

 changmin smiled and said :

"yeah yunho can do that "

"not that …I mean I know yun chan can do amazing things but that is not my point …you mean you seriously knew yun chan before ? you know the young him ? how much do you know about him ? how old was he when you knew him ? how old is he now ? is he living another life too or did you know him as yun chan ? …how was he ? –"

"hahahhahhah…calm down"

jaejoong blushed and said :

"sorry "

changmin smiled and said :

"its ok … I will tell you all the things I know"

Jaejoong sat up straight ,looked at changmin with shining eyes and said :

"really? "

changmin nodded and said :

"first of all nice to meet you jaejoong my name is kimura hiroshi and I used to be yunho's magic teacher ….."

changmin smiled at the awed face of jaejoong and continued :

"the first time I met yunho he was about 16 years old …it was a gloomy snowy night …in that night I went out of my house after deciding that life was not worth it and that I will kill my self ….i decided to throw myself of the highest bridge in town which happened to be in the rich part of the town …when I reached the bridge I saw a teenager standing there looking up at the dark sky …the teen was dressed really nicely which suggested that he was some rich brat…. I decided to ignore him and wait there until he leaves so I can do what I came for but few hours passed and he didn’t move from his place which to tell the truth bored me so much that I was afraid I would die of boredom before I get to kill my self so I walked to the teen and intended a conversation with him but he was silent the whole time not responding to any of my tries to get him to talk or leave so I came out and said it like it is …I said to him:

'hey brat look here I want to jump off this damn bridge and end my life peacefully mind leaving me alone?'

 and in that moment he finally looked and me and said :

'idiot old man '

I got mad and said to him :

' and what does a rich brat like you know about life …life can be a real you know '

The teen smirked and said :

' I know but the answer is not by killing your self …the answer is there somewhere'

I followed his eyes and laughed while saying :

' another planet ? you want to go live on the moon ?'

The teen looked at me like if he was feeling sorry for my stupidity and said :

' in another dimension '

 His answer knocked the air out of my lungs and suddenly I started laughing so hard tears fell from my eyes …the teen didn’t even look at me like he didn’t want to see the old stupid man laugh at his genius answer ….when I was done laughing I said to him :

' you know why I want to kill myself brat?'

He looked at me uninterestingly and shrugged so I said :

' because of what you just said '

In that moment he looked at me seriously and said:

'traveling through dimensions?'

I looked down at the river and said :

' I am a magician you know …I spent most of my life trying to find a way to travel dimensions and when an idea that seemed half reasonable came to my mind I thought in my stupid little mind that I should share the joy with my best friend who happened to be a magician too …my idea was simple …to make a book that would make us travel through dimensions each page to a different dimension ….i tried a lot of ways to make it happen alone but I failed all the time so I asked my friend for help …he agreed and we worked hard together for a long time and finally we were able to send an apple from one dimension to another ..we agreed to show our invention off in the magicians Friday meeting …on Thursday he asked me to have dinner with him at his home and I agreed ... I slept at his house and when I woke up it was Sunday and he was one of the best magicians in the world with the best ideas and best invention and I was just plain old me …aint life a ?'

'why didn’t you go to the next meeting and expose him ?'

' because I am known as a magic thief …I steal magic ideas and develop them ….they would have never believed me over the genius golden boy ..that is life '

' that is not life that is  people ….life is not a ..people are …'

I looked at him and I saw so much emotions dripping from his eyes that I had to ask …

'why don’t you tell me your story?'

'why would I ?'

' I don’t know ..maybe plain old me can help a teen before committing suicide ?'

He looked troubled but then he shrugged again and said :

'ok ..but my story is not as impressive as yours … I just lost trust in people …you can say I learned that most of the people in this world are monsters if not all …that is why I want to travel through dimensions …I want to find a world that angels live in not demons like this one …'

'why do you think people in his world are monsters ?'

'a week ago my dad died ….he was killed …the one who killed him was my mother …the one who always appeared as an angel to me killed my father who trusted her with his life …she killed him just so she can have his money and share it with her lover …it might sound like simple thing to you…but to me its not …. I always thought that people hide behind pretty masks …kids in school try to get closer to me only because their families push them to do so and that is ofcourse so they can get closer to my parents and my parents' money and business …girls try to make me fall for them or even try to make me commit a sin with them in hopes of getting pregnant with my child and that is ofcourse only to get to my family's money …the only angel in my life was my mother …I thought of her as the last angel on earth but then after what I found out today …I know now that in this world there are no angels …'

' I know kids in your age would have thought of suicide like I did –though I am way older than you- but why dimension traveling?'

'because I am not stupid '

I rolled my eyes and said :

' yeah but why dimension traveling? How did you get that idea?'

'a novel I was reading'

After that we stayed silent for a long time and when sun started to appear behind the river I looked at the snow around us and it was shining like diamonds in the light of the warm sun …I felt peace that I didn’t feel in a long time so I smiled and said to the teen without looking at him :

'want to be my student?'

'huh?'

'I told you I am a magician …I can teach you things and maybe when you learn enough of the world of magic we together can invent something to travel dimensions through …'

The teen looked at me with wide eyes then he smirked and said :

' you never learn huh?...you are the type of person who falls in the same mistake several times without learning right ?...how can you trust me after what your friend did to you ?'

I smiled wildly at him and said :

' If I manage to make you a great magician and help you in making the greatest invention in magic history I would be making a huge enemy for my ex friend and by that make life harder for him if not make him stand in my position last night …and that is more than enough for me '

And from that day on that teen became my student…..i took him everywhere and showed him the world of magic …I taught him everything I knew and he taught me much more …the kid was a genius for sure and he knew it …he was cocky about it and he refused my ways …he learned everything I taught him but he refused to learn anything that has to do with stealing magic .now you might call that integrity but sadly that was not the case with him ..he was just too cocky to admit he needed to steal something from anyone and that made me call him lord brat ….

But the more time I spent with him the more I forgot about my ex friend and the more I was convinced that there is no way that lord brat would do show off things or try to win fame over the golden boy but I also knew that this didn’t mean that he forgot his promise to me …. I knew he was going to revenge ichiro for me and I think he is doing just that …"

jaejoong's eyes widened and he said :

"ichiro …Ichiro is your ex friend ?"

"yeah "

"and the teen is yunho ofcourse"

"well he wasn’t called yunho then but yeah "

"you know his real name?"

changmin smiled a meaningful smile and said :

"even at that age and before knowing anything about magic he didn’t give away his real name ..so no I don’t know his real name "

"you said he was 16 when you met him …how old is he now then?"

"older than you "

jaejoong turned around in his chair to find yunho leaning on the wall behind him while smiling …jaejoong pouted and said :

"meanie…why wont you tell me ?"

yunho straightened up ,walked to stand next to jaejoong , leaned closer to him and said :

"you knew much much more than I thought you would ever know about me in just this last hour .. isn’t that enough?"

Jaejoong smiled up at yunho and said :

"nothing is enough …I want to know everything about you …but I will wait until you decide to tell me more "

"and how did you know that I wanted you to know this ?"

"why else would you make me come here to meet your teacher for?"

yunho smiled at jaejoong lovingly then straightened up ,looked at changmin and said :

"lets go … I am going to show you the painting …*looking at jaejoong* you come with us too jaejoong"

"me too?"

yunho nodded ,put his hand on jaejoong's shoulder and changmin suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder too …he looked at the owner of the hand to find top standing behind him …and then in a blink of an eye the four were standing in the research room …