chapter 64

THE MAGICAL PAINTING

Jaejoong and risa didn’t talk much after that and then after an hour jaejoong took risa back home on the promise to meet her tomorrow …maybe at yoochun's house ..

Jaejoong called in his head :

"top"

"yes sir?"

"come take me to yunho's house "

"yes sir "

In a minute top was standing infront of him …

"you didn’t take long sir "

Jaejoong didn’t answer him just stood beside him quietly …

Top put his hand on jaejoong's shoulder and in a second they were in the living room …

"do you want something else sir ?"

Jaejoong didn’t answer so top said :

"jaejoong sama you didn’t tell me to leave …im afraid if you didn’t I will be standing here with you longer "

Jaejoong sighed and said :

"leave"

"yes sir ..good night sir"

And he disappeared …

Jaejoong sighed ..

That is right …top saved risa today ..in the end risa didn’t tell him what made yunho so mad at her but it was clear that if top didn’t interfere risa would have been hurt …he knows that yunho is way wiser than to hurt risa but then he was exhausted and top knew that and he acted for the best like always …

Top never acted bad …except for that one time …why did he do that then ?..ok he explained it ..but he cant just let go of the idea that he tried to hurt yunho using him ….

Jaejoong then sighed and looked at the clock …its still 9 pm …tomorrow is the weekend and he doesn’t feel like sleeping already …maybe reading a book ?...

He looked around him at the book shelves …all of those books are philosophy books that will make him dizzy with its complicated stuff …yunho keeps the fun and magical books in that empty room …

He walked towards the room then remembered …

Lahi is in that room …

Its no problem …he will get in ,take a book and get out …

He stood infront of the door …knocked on the door twice and a 'come in ' was heard …

He opened the door softly to find her sitting in the corner of the room on the floor …

He looked at her for a long moment …it’s the second time he meets her since yunho prison her here…

She was a prisoner ,sitting on the floor while he was standing infront of her …it was the opposite from when he was a prisoner to her …it seems she remembered that too so she looked away from him …

"why are you sitting on the floor ? there is a chair right there .."

Jaejoong said that while pointing at the only chair in the room …there was not even a rag in the room …

She said in a small voice :

"that person doesn’t allow it "

"that person ? yun chan ?"

"who else ?"

"oh then you must have meant that master "

She gulped and looked down ..damn it ..

"anyway don’t sit on the floor ..come sit on the chair "

She looked up at him and he said :

"I promise he wont say anything ..ofcourse if it didn’t have anything to do with magic"

"it doesn’t have anything to do with magic …only orders from high above you could say "

"then come and sit down "

She looked at the chair then at jaejoong ..she hate the idea that he is doing her some charity but sitting on the floor this whole time really bothered her …

"ok"

Lahi said that then got up and went to the chair to sit there and let out a long 'ahh~~' while jaejoong walked to the shelves of the books , took the book he wanted  and  was about to leave when he suddenly turned around to face her and said :

"I had a fight with top "

She looked at him without saying anything so he said :

"because of you "

Her eyes widened and she said :

"me ?"

"yeah"

"because I kidnapped you ?"

"no ..he did very well that day"

"then?"

"because he tried to kill yunho"

"and he was punished for that "

Jaejoong looked in her eyes and said :

"no punishment can cover what he had done ..he used me "

"oh for god sake ..you and your friend use people all the time "

Jaejoong felt lahi's sentence like a slap on his face ..top said something like that before ….lahi continued :

"the only difference is that all you two do is acting while top really loves you "

"if he loves me then why use me ?"

"he was hurt ..do you see that the situation then was normal ? he fought ME for you "

"he choose to do that "

"and you don’t appreciate that choice from him …he could have escaped easily if he fought with us but he choose you ..he .."

She resisted the tears in her eyes and continued :

"he came here after that per-master put me here and he talked to me about you …and you don’t even appreciate that from him and you get mad at him for an angry moment he didn’t think much in it "

Jaejoong looked at her for long time then turned around , opened the door and looked back at her then said :

"did you have your dinner today ?"

"yes I get my three meals daily "

He smirked and said :

"yun chan is a nice person isn’t he ?"

"ofcourse he is "

Lahi said that in a sarcastic tone then looked away from jaejoong when he raised an eyebrow at her …

Jaejoong left the room closing the door behind him …he walked through the dark hallway while thinking of everything that happened today …of his talk with risa and top saving her and of his talk with lahi then stopped and said :

"top"

No answer came so he said in a louder voice :

"TOP"

"what is it sir ?"

So said top is a sleepy voice…jaejoong took a deep breath and said :

"good night top"

Top stayed quiet for a moment then said :

"good night to you too but please jaejoong sama could you not wake me up again if it wasn’t something important "

"top"

"yes sir ?"

" you "

Top smiled and said :

"my pleasure sir ..good night"

 "good night"

 

***********************

  

When jaejoong finished the book he was reading he stretched his arms above his head , yawned and put the book on the night table next to his bed then he looked at the clock and his eyes widened …

2am ..no wonder he was so tired and sleepy ..

He laid down on the bed intending to go to sleep but no such luck ..his thoughts kept taking him back to the surprising events of the day…

First risa's surprise visit to yunho's house and her weird request to talk with him alone …though it really didn’t seem to be weird after knowing that she wanted him to help her with aya's disappearing …but then again jaejoong expected her to be scared of yunho specially after that night in yoochun's house …

But risa WAS scared of yunho when she first arrived then suddenly that fear went away to be replaced by confident and demanding if not rudeness since she did manage to drive yunho to a point where he lost his wise side and was about to hurt her …if it wasn’t for top ofcourse.. .but that aside …how come risa suddenly mastered the confidence and heart to stand up to yunho ???....

jaejoong sat up in the bed again and bit his lower lip while thinking back to the things that happened since she arrived until she talked with yunho….something  must have happened to make her not fear yunho anymore …

Their talk …ofcourse …he gave her the confident …he was talking about yunho as a best friend and he and yoochun from the start were acting normally with yunho and telling her that yunho wont hurt them …jaejoong guessed that she must have thought 'them' covers her too …

He should have been more careful with his words …but does he want her to fear yunho ???..maybe on some level he does …maybe even more than he want them to get along together he wants her to fear yunho…yunho has a high self control and he promised him not to hurt anyone anymore but then again there are times like today and yunho could lose it for a second and in yunho's world a second could kill risa ..so yeah on some level he wish she would fear him more than he wish she would think of him as a harmless  friend …

Then there is yunho who told risa about aya ..it was in an indirect way that is true but it was still something that would cut all kinds of hope about her ..which would have been a good thing since that would mean less pain and hoping If it weren’t for two things:

1- he got caught in the middle after risa asked him how much he trust yunho's powers and the opinions he gives based on his powers then by his thoughtless honest answer he was the real bad news deliverer ..  

2-yoochun wasn’t convinced …Sighhhhh….

Aside from all that there was the painting …what he saw in the original painting was confusing him …if he is not wrong the painting is supposed to show the person the place he want to be in the most or the people he want to be with the most ..and he expected to see yunho …but what he saw were his parents …his old house with his parents …him as a girl …does he really want that ? and if he does what the hell does that mean ???....it was really confusing him and making him feel like a lost small boat in a big ocean …

Maybe the only clear good thing that happened today was him making up with top ….

Sighhh…what was it that convinced him of forgiving top really ? ..was it lahi's talk ? or him saving risa ?...maybe it doesn’t really matter ..the important thing is that they are back to normal and that it seems like top learned from his mistake and mostly it seems like a mistake that happened once and no way it will ever happen again …

But also in this there is two points that are bothering him :

1-how will yunho react tomorrow when he finds out that he lifted the punishment off top and that he made up with him …

2- does him forgiving top for what he did and not seeing yunho in the painting means that yunho is losing his place in his heart ???..

jaejoong shock his head hard but the idea didn’t leave his head so he did the next best thing he could think of ..he hit his head hard against the wall behind his head which made him yell in pain but it did make the idea seem less visible in his head due to the pain …

jaejoong rubbed the back of his head in an attempt to ease the pain abit …and when he opened his eyes he was surprised to see a worried looking yunho standing next to his bed …

jaejoong's eyes widened and he pointed at yunho while opening and closing his mouth like a fish with no sound coming out …

yunho smiled and said :

"if you can act this funny then you are alright "

jaejoong could only grab the pillow on his bed and send it flying at yunho who dodged it easily and laughed at jaejoong's red face ..after a minute yunho stopped laughing and sat on the chair next to jaejoong's bed then said :

"now I would like you to tell me how did you mange to hit the back of your head with that wall "

Jaejoong bit his lip ,looked down at his lap then said in a small voice :

"I was reading and I fell sleep while sitting and hit my head "

"jaejoong"

jaejoong looked up and yunho pointed at the book which was sitting on the table neatly away from jaejoong then looked at jaejoong and said :

"and the truth would be ?"

jaejoong sighed and said while pouting :

"ok ok …. I was thinking and then the thoughts became too much ?"

jaejoong expected yunho to laugh at him but was surprised when yunho had a serious face on …

yunho then got up from the chair and got closer to jaejoong then sat on the bed next to jaejoong and held his hand then said :

"what is on your mind jaejoong ? maybe I can help "

jaejoong looked down at their connected hands and sighed …what can he tell yunho ??...tell him that he is feeling like he is betraying him? Or that he is so confused and lost that he is about to break down in this very second ?..just what to tell ???...

yunho sighed ,squeezed jaejoong's hand and said :

"you know you could tell me anything right jaejoong ?"

jaejoong looked up to meet honest ,concerned eyes of yunho ..he sighed …. What to tell ??...

Then suddenly top's thing came to jaejoong's mind …

jaejoong took a deep breath and said :

"I talked to risa …she told me about what happened …"

"what did she say ?"

jaejoong his lips and said :

"she said that she asked you to help her with aya's thing and you refused but told her that aya is gone from this world…"

yunho nodded so jaejoong continued :

"she then told me you two argued and you got mad and were about to do something to her  except top interfered and reminded you of your promise …"

yunho nodded again so jaejoong said :

"she didn’t tell me though why you two argued …"

jaejoong looked at yunho waiting for him to explain but yunho stayed silent so jaejoong said :

"care to tell me why you two argued ?"

yunho sighed and said :

"is that what you were thinking about ? because like I said ..she wanted to tell you about this and if you want to know more details ask her not me "

jaejoong exhaled loudly and said :

"I cant tell im surprised …but that is not what I was thinking about … you see I was thinking about top …I thought that what he did was awful yes and made me hate his guts yes but also I cant say I don’t understand …I understand why he did it and I understand that he is regretting It .. I –"

yunho let go of jaejoong's hand and stood up so jaejoong reached for his hand fast and said :

"no listen …listen to me ..you wanted to listen so listen "

yunho stayed silent for sometime then his back relaxed and he sat back down on the bed then nodded for jaejoong to continue and that is what jaejoong did :

"I lifted the punishment off top .. "

yunho took a deep breath and looked away from jaejoong so jaejoong reached his hand to grab yunho's chin and turn his face around making him look at him then said :

"I did it not because I forgave him yun chan … I did it because like my days with yoochun and risa are coming to an end  my days with top too are coming to an end …I don’t want to part ways with him while we are not talking …I said to you before that I understand the reason he did this but yun chan understanding and forgiving are two different things ..i forgave aya though she hurted me so much but you didn’t right ? that is because she was not hurting you but someone you love ..for me top used me to hurt that someone that I love which is even worse so I cant forgive him but I do understand why he did it and  since I spent a lot of time with him and laughed a lot with him and counted him as a friend .. I just didn’t want to leave him with bad memories alone ….what I mean is that I want to make good memories in this time I have left with top ,risa and yoovhun so when I leave I can leave without regrets …."

yunho didn’t say anything for sometime then he looked at jaejoong's eyes and said :

"you know jaejoong …I am jealous "

"jealous ?"

"yes "

"of?"

"of yoochun and top and even risa …you think much about them and you care much about them and just now you were thinking so much about top's thing that you hit your head to clear your mind …im jealous "

jaejoong was shocked for a moment but then that feeling got clouded by guilt …in reality yeah he is not thinking much about yunho lately or maybe he is taking him for granted ..something he promised himself never to do again ….

jaejoong looked in yunho's eyes and suddenly everything that happened between him and yunho flashed in his mind and his guilt deepened with each memory …

After a while he squeezed yunho's hand and said :

"you don’t have to be jealous yun chan .. I was thinking about a way to tell you and that is why I was burdened and that is why I hit my head …I didn’t want to disappoint you in me …I .. I never want you to feel that I put anyone above you in my heart yun chan…"

jaejoong then pinched yunho's cheek and said with a lovely smile :

"you are my guardian angel "

yunho smiled ,got up and kissed the top of jaejoong's head then said :

"if I am your guardian angel then stop hitting your head because of me ..no matter what you do I know that it is coming from here *point at jaejoong's heart* …wither I agree or not I know that your reason is always your kind heart and I never want you to lose that .. as for top do what you think is the best …like you said our time here is almost over…good night"

Yunho was about to leave when jaejoong stopped him by saying :

" I want to see the original painting again yun chan "

yunho looked back at jaejoong surprised then said :

" if you want to see it I don’t mind but can I ask why ?"

"I will tell you after I see it I promise "

"ok then ..tomorrow morning ?"

"sure ..thanks "

yunho nodded and disappeared into thin air …

jaejoong sighed and laid back in bed …it seems that maybe he can sleep now …weird …even though there were a lot of problems on his mind but a simple talk with yunho seemed to put his mind at ease …

And with that last thought jaejoong drowned in his dream world …