chapter 50

THE MAGICAL PAINTING

Risa opened her eyes slowly ..where is she ?

The room was dark but not so dark she could make out some shapes in the dark ..she reached her hand and touched something soft .a blanket …

Her eyes widened ..she is on a bed …but how and when ?..did she go back home ?..no she didn’t ..

Suddenly she sat up ..yes she remember ..

This is yoochun's bedroom !!

She looked around trying to regain her consciousness completely …she then looked down at the bed ..here is where that devil was sleeping …

But no …its not polite to call people devils …what does SHE know about him …

She sighed and shivered ..he was a really peaceful student ..he always had a smile on his lips though it was mostly directed at jaejoong …as If the world to him was just that …jaejoong …but he was nice and never made problems ..just sitting on his desk looking out of the window…why is he doing this now ? what is "this" that he is doing ?...she doesn’t know what that this is but it makes her feel that he is really evil and that she doesn’t want to meet him ever again ..

And now …what she saw ..was that a dream ? its not like a guy go flying in the room with one move from another man ..that only happens in dreams and movies …so did she dream that while she was passed out ? but then why did she pass out ?

She got out of bed and went to the living room …

In the living room jaejoong was sitting next to yoochun ..yoochun smiled at her when he saw her and said :

"risa ..you are up "

She smiled politely and said :

"im sorry I put you in trouble "

"no no don’t say that ..are you ok ? do you feel dizzy?"

She didn’t answer because she was looking at jaejoon who was sitting on the chair ,his hands holding his head and rocking slowly in his place …he lifted his head up to look at her ..he stayed looking at her for couple of minutes with a strange look on his face ..it seems he was trying but not able to do that …he then sighed and gave up …he looked in pain ..she walked slowly to him and when she reached him she said gently :

"it seems its me who should ask if YOU are ok jaejoong "

Jaejoong sighed again and lowered his head again to hold it back in his hands resuming his rocking ..risa looked at yoochun who said while trying not to make eye contact with her:

"top..top and yunho disappeared …we don’t know where they are "

Her eyes widened and she said :

"disappeared ?"

"yes ..yunho took top to my bedroom and locked he door on them both then after a while the door opened and there was no one in the room .."

"did they escape from the window ? but why ?"

Yoochun looked at her …what window is she talking about ? if they escaped from the window this will be a hell lot easier .he  said to her while avoiding eye contact :

"I don’t know where they went or why but I think they went to yunho's house "

Risa stole another look at jaejoong …is this worth worrying like this ?..

But this situation is not normal the way yunho yelled at her …top flying to yunho …she murmured :

"this yunho..he is not normal ..did you notice that ?"

Yoochun's eyes widened and he looked at jaejoong only to find him in the same position he was in before so he murmured back to risa :

"yeah I noticed ..actually he has been hurting me and jaejoong for a while now ..but don’t tell anyone specially aya –"

"yoochun"

Yoochun and risa looked at jaejoong who was looking at yoochun with red eyes ..jaejoong said in a small voice :

"enough"

Yoochun nodded embarrassed ..risa looked at jaejoong …he looks tired …she dropped to her knees infront of him and said :

"then why don’t you both go to yunho's house and see what's wrong ? were you both waiting because I was passed out ?"

Jaejoong said coldly :

"like this said before ..yunho is not normal and he was targeting us for a long time ..do you want us to walk into his house by ourselves ?"

Risa gulped feeling shocked ..'this'???he means yoochun by this ?she gulped again and understood she must have passed some kind of red line by the rude way he answered her ..

"im sorry ..i interfered in something that I should stay out of "

Jaejoong sighed after he noticed yoochun's looks at him and said :

"no its me who is sorry ..forgive me ..both of you ..i think the stress got the best of me "

Jaejoong then lifted his head to face both of them and continued :

"I caused you a lot of problems and annoyance since you met me ..i was never a sign of good luck to you ..and not only you ..all the people I know or get closer to they end up having very bad experiences..maybe it would have been better if I wasn’t born at all .."

Yoochun yelled :

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ?THIS IS NOT TRUE"

Risa looked at jaejoong in the eyes and said :

"yes im glad I met you jaejoong "

He said quietly :

"really ?i saw the opposite of this ..i saw me causing problems between you and your best friend and so did I cause problems between yoochun and his girlfriend …and also I brought a dangerous magician into his peaceful world ..and it seems that I get on aya's nerves on a daily basis either I did something or didn’t .."

They didn’t answer so he went on :

"even my other friends ..what did I give them ?top is now facing something scary because of me ..lahi lost her magic because of me ..even yunho if it wasn’t for me he wouldn’t have done all those evil things ..im a curse to anyone who gets closer to me so I advice you both to stay away from me and not come any closer .."

He said all that then smiled in his mind a small smile ..maybe thought its already too late for that …

"I don’t get it ..i don’t get how you can say all this !!"

Jaejoong looked at yoochun who was talking in a shivering voice :

"you are not responsible for other's choices ..and all of this is not your fault ..its all that damn painting's fault …you are victim caught in a war between two magicians ..how can you not see you are the victim in this ??"

Jaejoong  forced a smile and said :

"yoochun kun ..you are too nice that is why you are saying this ..but what I said was the reality ..im talking about things happened before I met you or even yunho …my parents died together in a car accident ..even my life before I met you guys I was always bullied in school ..no one ever loved me ..so I say this without feeling any sadness ..my existence in this world is just plain wrong …im sure I was born with some kind of  purpose to my existence ..but maybe I did this purpose when I was too young ..maybe I should have just died after I did that purpose ..maybe I lived more than-"

"DO YOU REALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING ??"

So yelled yoochun with a red face ..he couldn’t bare to hear anymore ..

"yoo-"

"LISTEN"

Jaejoong looked at yoochun without another word out of his mouth …

"if you talked like this ever again im going to punish you in the face ..even if you were jaejoong ..even if we were infront of risa ..you understand that ?"

Jaejoong looked at yoochun's eyes but didn’t say anything only nodded a small nod …yoochun then sat back in his seat and said :

"good "

Risa's heart was bounding like crazy in her chest ..she understood there is a lot of things she doesn’t know or understand going on and it seems no one was going to bother himself and explain to her …but she guessed there are something they said that maybe its ok for her to interfere in so she said :

"jaejoong.."

So said risa then she held jaejoong's hand ,looked in his eyes and said :

"don’t believe that there is anyone on face of this earth who lives and dies without anyone loving him or him loving anyone ..maybe you had some difficult time because of aya and others …"

A lump formed in yoochun's throat ..risa continued :

"but we all go through hard times …and life is beautiful…and me and yoochun ..we love you ..we really do"

She said the last sentence with a red face then looked at yoochun and said :

"isn’t that right ??"

"yeah"

He said it in a small voice with a red face too ..risa nodded then squeezed jaejoong hand and continued :

"so ..you are not alone ..and this is life  and people ..you bother them and they bother you ..you give them fun moments and they give you that back …laugh with them and cry with them ..that is why life is so fun to live "

She said that and smiled so he remembered he also had to smile so he smiled back ..

Through all of this jaejoong was going through something weird ..something he never went through before ….

He was thinking of yunho and top and where they went to and what they are doing but that was not what was weird …

The weird thing was that he was connecting every word yoochun and risa said to yunho ..every example risa said he saw yunho in it ..he knows she was talking about him but yunho…

The things they said about being lonely …how much he wants to say those words to yunho …yunho who decided to do everything on his own carrying all the burdens on his shoulders alone …whenever jaejoong talked to him he would smile at him a gentle smile and say there is no problem while he was drowning in the problems..if not so then why would he pass out for some uknown reason even to him and he is the closest person to yunho …

' don’t believe that there is anyone on face of this earth who lives and dies without anyone loving him or him loving anyone ' that is right !! yunho lived alone for a long time but then he met jenna and jaejoong and both of them loved him very much ..

He even think that top is happy living with them ..he might be not free and he has to take a lot of yunho's moodiness but top himself doesn’t deny that he has a lot of fun with them …

'and me and yoochun love you ..we really do' that sentence that was supposed to have a great impact on him ..why didn’t it ?...

Jaejoong looked at risa's face for a long time ..then he noticed that she was holding his hand …he looked at yoochun ….he felt like he just woke up ..

That is right ..he has a real family ..real friends ..family ,friends that are not those two …

He gulped ..he knows that yunho took top home ..but he doesn’t know where yunho's house is ..either yunho or top would always take him there jumping ..but ofcourse he couldn’t tell those two that he doesn’t know where his best friend's house is …

Risa got up and said something to yoochun and both laughed ..jaejoong looked at his hands ..what is he doing ?yunho most be punishing top right now …and that is the thing he hates most to happen …its like your parents fighting …you love them both and want them to be in love all the time ..your dad drinks a lot and has a hot temper and he cant stand anyone standing in his face or challenge him ..while your mom is a smart and sneaky woman who keep challenging your dad and getting on his nervous…so what do you do ?..

He thought for a minute then his eyes widened …

He lifted his hand up and yoochun and risa got quiet ..what will he do now ?

He was about to snap his fingers and call top when he felt a weird feeling in his head then he heard a voice in his head :

"jaejoong ..can you hear me ?"

His eyes widened and became teary ..

That is yunho's voice …

"yun chan ? is that you ?"

"yeah"

This is the first time yunho talks to him mentally ..

Jaejoong jumped to his feet without knowing from the excitement and started looking left and riht while he said in his head :

"where are you ?"

"leave park's house and follow my directions then you will find me and I will take you home "

Jaejoong ran to the door …

Yoochun said :

"jaejoong ? whats wrong ? where are you going ?"

Risa said carefully :

"are you ok ?"

He looked back and them and said :

"no problem ..i mean don’t worry about me ..i remembered something ..i have to go..thank you for taking care of me  "

And he opened the door and left leaving behind him a shocked risa and yoochun ..

Risa murmured :

"I never saw in my life a smile wider than this one "

While yoochun stared at the door unable to say one word …what happened to jaejoong all of a sudden ??...

++++++++++++++++

(one hour ago)

Yunho entered the room to get a book and when he was about out get out he was surprised by lahi calling him :

"listen..jung.."

He said without tuning around to look at her :

"jung sama "

She gulped cursing him for always wanting to humiliate her but then she cant do anything but what he wants her to so she said :

"jung sama"

"what is it ?"

"listen..please don’t take away top's magic"

He said smiling :

"why ? he himself said he deserve a punishment ..after we are able to use the painting ofcourse "

"maybe ..maybe that is what you think too ..but its just not worth a punishment like this "

Yunho sighed ,turned around and said :

"you are really annoying ..how about I take your ability to talk too?"

Her eyes widened in horror then she said :

"no ..i mean please hear me out ..im sure you will find my words convincing and reasonable "

"your words?YOURS ? would convince me ???"

She hesitated for a minute then nodded and said :

" I ..i understand that you are mad at top ..but believe me ..he didn’t want to kill you "

Yunho smirked then walked to lahi and crotched down next to her and said :

"he didn’t want to kill me ?"

She nodded quickly..

"he made jaejoong use the only thing that can effect my life directly and you say he didn’t want to kill me ?"

He looked her up and down then stood up ,turned around and was about to leave the room when she said quickly :

"why didn’t he kill you then?"

He stopped walking so she continued :

"if he really wanted to kill you he would have kept making jaejoong call him until you die ..or do it while you are passed out ..or even just escape from you while you are passed out "

Yunho didn’t answer so she pushed :

"why didn’t he kill you ? why didn’t he hurt you more ?"

"top likes jaejoong and he wont hurt him even through hurting me "

"why didn’t he escape then ? why didn’t he escape and save me then ran away with me without hurting jaejoong ?you are capable of getting another one like top to help you with the painting ..why does he wait for you everytime so you can punish him ?why is he that loyal to you ?i think you too noticed that this is more than just fear of you ..he had many chances to escape from you and he didn’t .."

Yunho turned around to face her and said :

"what are you trying to say ?"

She looked up at him ..opened and closed couple of times before looking at the floor and saying :

"maybe top is now nothing but a servant to you but he is really loyal to you ..his action before was because he was very mad and he said he deserve to be punished ..but please don’t take his magic away …maybe you cant even imagine what this means to us …I mean maybe you do have the right to revenge what he did ..but top is a good person ..you know that more than any of us .."

 Yunho didn’t comment ..

And didn’t look at her ..

He just left the room ..

+++++++++++++++++

(back to after jaejoong left yoochun's apartment)

Jaejoong was running from one street to the other till he reached the back ally that yunho was standing in ..

"yo"

So said yunho while smiling at jaejoong …jaejoong said while panting :

"YUN CHAN "

Jaejoong stood infront of yunho, held him by his shoulders and smiled at him ..yunho laughed and said :

"why are you panting ? were you running ?"

"ofcourse ..i ran a lot !!! I was so eager to see you "

So said jaejoong while he reached for yunho's face ..he lifted yunho's hair from his face then smiled while his cheek and said in a relived tone:

"you are ok "

"as you see "

Jaejoong then threw himself on yunho's chest , inhaled his scent and said :

"thank god "

Yunho hugged him nervously ..its the first time jaejoong acts like this ..but before yunho can enjoy the hug jaejoong pushed himself away and said :

"what happened ? why did you suddenly pass out ?"

Jaejoong gulped and continued :

"where is top?"

Yunho smiled weirdly then said :

"top is ok ..he is home ..lets go back there and we can talk about this "

 

++++++++++++++++++++++

When yunjae got home they went directly to the living room and yunho threw himself on the comfy sofa then sighed and said :

"im so tired "

Jaejoong smiled and sat next to yunho ..he was dying to know what happened to top but he thought he better way till yunho tells him …

Yunho looked at jaejoong and said :

"first let me say congrats to you ..you got rid of that annoying aya "

Jaejoong's eyes widened and said :

"what do you mean?"

"like you heard ..there is no aya anymore ..she wont bother you anymore "

"is ..is …"

Jaejoong thought for a minute …yunho doesn’t like killing girls …he breathed in and out then said :

"what did you do to her ?"

"I sent her somewhere far ..she wont be able to get back here ever again "

"but ..her parents "

"let them call the police to search for her ..not that it would do them any good "

So said yunho and smirked ..jaejoong said :

"and risa ? and you yoochun?"

Yunho looked at jaejoong and said :

"oh for god sake …you don’t think their lives were perfect with her around …atleast now they can move on to their future without that pile of annoyance in their way"

"but yoochun loves her "

"he thinks he loves her ..she practically forced herself on him ..now he is free to pick whatever girl he likes "

Jaejoong got quiet …yunho sighed and said :

"jaejoong are you upset?"

"actually I don’t know if I am upset or not "

Jaejoong remembered the slap he got from her today and said :

" I really do hate aya ..she didn’t bring me anything but sad painful memories ..but punishing her that way .."

"I know ..you wanted to leave this world and leave them living a peaceful good life …but jaejoong .."

Yunho got closer to jaejoong ,looked in his eyes and put his hand on jaejoong's cheek while his full lips with his thumb then said softly:

"even if I forgot what she did to you in the past ..she made a lot of mistakes towards you while you were with me and sometimes right infront of me …those noway would have gone with no punishment …I tried for you to bare all of her actions towards you because of you ..but when I heard that she slapped you ..that she called you a ..i couldn’t take it anymore .."

Jaejoong's face turned blood red  and he looked away from yunho's eyes thinking ..ohhh top must have told him …

Yunho saw jaejoong's blushing face and it made him smile ..then he said :

"and btw she did wish for something like that …she said I wish to never see jaejoong and yoochun ever again …what I did can be also counted as fulfilling her own wish "

Jaejoong thought ..he really doesn’t care what yunho does to aya …to burn her, kill her ,send her to hell…but then risa and yoochun ..he felt sorry for them ..and they don’t even know she is gone now ..

Jaejoong stole a look at yunho who was too busy staring at jaejoong's lips …does he ask him to return aya ? but then no …its too early …he needs to know first what happened with top and where he is …maybe top's punishment was too harsh …in that case he would need to ask yunho a favor for top …but why was top being punished in the first place ? …maybe because he didn’t do what yunho told him to do in yoochun's house and just walked away ?..

Yunho was so close to jaejoong's lips by now which made jaejoong's heart bump like crazy while wondering is he going to kiss me ???...

But then just before their lips touched yunho let go of jaejoong and said suddenly :

"im tired of talking ..top …tea"

Jaejoong looked around ..top???..

Top suddenly appeared from nowhere like usually while carrying a tray with a tea cup and a glass o juice on it …

Top bowed politely then put the cup of tea infront of yunho and the juice glass infront of jaejoong ..jaejoong sighed in relief …top is ok ..

Jaejoong said :

"im glad you are ok top "

But top didn’t answer ..in fact he didn’t even look at jaejoong ..his serious face didn’t even change ..

Jaejoong got closer and looked at top from under like a kid then said :

"top?"

When top didn’t look at him or answer  jaejoong looked at yunho with question marks flying all around him  only to find yunho drinking his tea calmly with a small smile on his face ..

Top then said :

"is there anything else you want yunho sama ?"

"no top ,leave"

"yes sir"

And top disappeared like he appeared …

Jaejoong looked at yunho waiting for an explanation ..yunho said without looking at jaejoong:

"top is in a punishment now jaejoong "

"punishment ? because he left suddenly and didn’t do what you asked him to do ?"

So said jaejoong while remembering ..remembering the pained look on top's face ..the angered look on yunho's face ..the empty room …he kept quiet …yunho continued :

"yes and he wont talk to you until I tell him the punishment is over ..though that wont happen because we would leave this world before the punishment is over "

"yun chan"

So said jaejoong and looked away from yunho ..yunho said while looking at the tea cup in his hand :

"this days I don’t like punishing him anymore ..but what he did …he needed a punishment for that "

"but ..why in this way ?"

Yunho looked at jaejoong who continued :

"I mean why not a short focused punishment ?"

Yunho smiled and said :

"this time the punishment is coming from the thing he did ..top disobeyed me and left without taking a permission and he was leaving everytime you called him and he didn’t listen to you ..so his punishment is to not be able to talk to you ..and he has to listen to my orders and mine only ..he wont even talk to anyone but me except if I told him to do so …he wont even leave this house anymore …there wont be need for that anyway …we can handle everything ourselves ..even the painting we will bring it here "

"yun chan "

So said jaejoong in a shivering voice ..gulped then said :

"but ..but don’t you know you are punishing me too this way ?...i love talking to top ..we spent a lot of fun times together and I see him and talk to him ..and now that our days here are few I want to talk to him more "

Yunho looked at jaejoong  and smiled a sweet sweet smile then said :

"im glad you said that ..because baby jaejoong it seems you too are in need for a punishment "

Jaejoong's eyes widened and yunho went on saying :

"somehow what happened today happened because you spoil top too much ..everytime he needed to be punished you asked me not to punish him..and in the end he rebelled and thought he had a will of his own ..and so…"

Yunho sighed and looked in jaejoong's eyes then continued :

"forgive me jaejoong if not talking to top hurts you but understand that this is a result of your spoiling to him …and because our days here are few think of this as training for the days to come because as you know when we will leave we wont take him with us ..train yourself from now on the idea of him not being around ..and I will make sure your meetings with him will be fewer and fewer …"

Jaejoong didn’t comment …he couldn’t say anything …

He just felt something weird towards yunho..is it disappointment ?is it guilt ?is yunho right ? then why is jaejoong feeling upset ?...

So was jaejoong thinking when he remembered :

"right I didn’t ask you ..why did you pass out ?"

He continued in a small voice:

"does it have to do with top somehow ?"

Yunho waved it off with :

"I was just tired …don’t worry your self over it "

"but you were angry when you woke up and you right away started punishing top"

"ofcourse I will be angry…because of him we wasted a lot of time and i became exhausted because of over using of my magic..maybe you don’t know but I am not exactly having much rest lately ..and above all of this hat stupid servant tries to rebel on me "

He said that then he took a sip of he tea and put the cup back on the table then said :

"anyway his punishment was a light one because he told me about what aya did and said "

Jaejoong bit his lip and said :

"yun chan "

Yunho looked at him and he thought …

What happened to yun chan lately ? why is he always mad and punishing everyone ?he even punished me …its not the first time he punish him but he thought that their relationship is beyond that by now ..is he getting impatient because the painting is so close now ?but what if he didn’t change ? what If he was like this normally ? but then he was not like this before …

Jaejoong remembered ..he remembered yoochun and risa's talk ..he remembered being worried about yunho and top ..he remembered the nervous moments of waiting not knowing what is happening or why …

'me and yoochun..we love you ..we really do '…risa's hand was warm ..she held his hand ..she looked a his hands …he didn’t feel her warmth then but he feels it now ..maybe he feels the warmth in his hand because of the coldness he is feeling is the rest of his body now …

Jaejoong put his hand on yunho's hand …yunho looked at him questioning …

"yun chan ..you told me ..you told me when I had no one but you ..when I loved no one but you and you loved no one else but me .."

Yunho looked at jaejoong's face ..why is his voice shivering like this …jaejoong continued :

"you told me you want to leave this world which is full of devils and monsters right?"

"jaejoong?"

"so please…"

'good morning jaejoong sama those pjs look great on you'

"please…"

'im glad you are ok jaejoong sama'

"pleaseeee…"

Jaejoong looked at yunho with teary eyes and said :

"please …don’t become one of those devils and monsters… "