chapter 55

THE MAGICAL PAINTING

 

Yoochun and jaejoong ran to the door only to be stopped by yunho saying :

"hey you two"

The two looked back and yoochun said impatiently :

"what ? come on we don’t have time "

"do you think you can reach school in 4 minutes ? you are in jaejoong's house not yours .."

"it will be less than 4 minutes if we kept on chatting "

"we'll go with yun chan "

Yoochun looked at the smiling jaejoong who said :

"you see yun chan can get us there in seconds"

Yoochun looked nervous and said while pointing at the door :

"cant we just go to school?"

Yunho sighed and said :

"you can go however you want ..but me and jaejoong .."

So said yunho then he grabbed jaejoong and pulled him to a hug that surprised both yoochun and jaejoong then he smiled and continued :

"we are going this way ..with you or without you "

Jaejoong sighed ,took yunho's arm off him ,went to yoochun and said :

"come on..quick..lets go "

"is ..is it safe ?"

"yes ..dont worry ..we will be there in a second "

Jaejoong went back to yunho and put yunho's hand back where it was while yoochun came to stand next to them feeling embarrassed …

Jaejoong looked at yunho to find him standing also nervously while eyeing yoochun ..yunho pushed himself and said :

"come ..i will put my hand on your shoulder "

Jaejoong smirked then said :

"no need for that"

Then he pulled yoochun to him ..holding him by his waist …yoochun's face turned red while yunho was a mix of confusion and rage …jaejoong !!!!

Yoochun said embarrassed :

"is ..ehm..is this necessary ?"

"yes ..didn you see yun chan ?"

Yoochun gulped then he held jaejoong by the waist tightly …

Yunho looked at yoochun with fire coming out of his eyes and said through clenched teeth :

"what are you doing ??"

Jaejoong said smiling :

"yoochun ..you don’t have to hold on to me this hard ..hahhah..you wont fall down or something "

Yoochun looked up and said :

"o..oh ..really?"

"yun chan is hugging me so I will be able to jump with him ..if I didn’t hug you yun chan would have had to do it ..that is all "

So said jaejoong then smiled sweetly ..

"o..ok ..im sorry"

So said yoochun and let go of jaejoong ..

Jaejoong looked at yunho then smiled an innocent smile that was dripping evilness and said :

"we can go now like this ..right ?"

Yunho sighed and murmured :

"what the hell are you doing jaejoong"

He stole a quick look at that room then at jaejoong who was holding yoochun right infront of him ..he tightened his arm around jaejoong then said :

"right ..yeah ..lets go "

And they disappeared to leave jaejoong's house empty …

 

*******************

 

In the next second the three were on the roof of the school..yoochun's eyes widened and said :

"wow!!!!"

He ran to the edge of the roof and looked down to see the student running to the school ..he gulped ,looked at yunho and jaejoong then said :

"we really are in school !!"

Jaejoong smiled and said :

"told you  "

He looked at yunho in the corner of his eye and continued :

"if it weren’t for some of his idiotic things yun chan is really amazing"

Yunho looked at jaejoong pissed off ..whats wrong with him today !!!

Yoochun smiled thinking it really is amazing ..then he walked to the other two and said :

"yes ..he can do things with his magic other than hurting people "

Yunho said :

"hey ..what do you think I am ?? if I wanted to hurt people I wouldn’t have needed magic to do so I would only have to be aya "

Yunho then smiled while yoochun's face turned red and jaejoong gulped …

Yunho said while walking to the door :

"aren’t we going down ? we are going to waste the time we saved by jumping "

 

**************************

 

The three entered the class only to be face to face with risa at the door …

"yoochum..jaejoong"

He looked at yunho nervously the nodded to him and he nodded back ..

Yoochun and jaejoong said with a smile on theirfaces :

"good morning risa "

 "good morning …jaejoong you are ok thank god "

"Ofcourse im ok why wont I be ok ?"

"I don’t know ..you left suddenly ..we didn’t know where you went and you didn’t call"

Tsuki said nervously :

"yeah ..when I went home i found out that he forgot his cell phone at my apartment …but I went to his apartment this morning and found him there "

Risa said to jaejoong chiding :

"then why didn’t you call us from any other phone ..i was worried sick about you yesterday "

He said with a small smile painted on his face :

"im sorry ..i was reckless ..honestly I tried to call any of you but I don’t remember any of your phone numbers because I have them saved on the cell phone …when I noticed that I don’t have my cell phone with me I wanted to go back to yoochun's apartment but it was too late at night .."

"ohh…so did you check on top san ?"

"yeah ..he is ok don’t worry "

"so ..what was all of that last night ?"

Yunho sighed impatiently and said :

"it was a private thing between me and top and we discussed it together and he is fine now "

"o..oh ..really ?..thank god"

Yoochun looked around the class then asked risa :

"so where is aya ?"

Jaejoong jumped alittle at the question ..here we go …he looked at yunho only to ind him heading to his seat normally …

Risa said worriedly :

"she didn’t come yet "

Yoochun eyes widened and said :

"not here yet ???"

Risa nodded so yoochun said :

"did she call you last night ?"

"she didn’t call and the weird thing is that when I called her –"

"her phone was closed …I know ..i too tried calling her last night "

"I wonder what happened with her "

Yoochun gulped and looked at yunho who was sitting in his seat and looking out of the window …does he have something to do with this ??...no ..maybe he said something about aya this morning but ..he was passed out when everything happened last night ..and he promised he wont hurt anyone in exchange of the painting ..he is even back to friendly with us …wellas friendly as a bastard can be anyway ..

He said and murmured :

"I hope she is ok "

Risa said while laughing :

"what are you talking about ?this is aya we are talking about ofcourse she is ok ..she might be pissed off and doesn’t want to talk to us that is all .."

"and not see us too apparently"

"maybe ..lets go after school to her house and check on her "

"yoochun"

So said jaejoong who was looking down nervously ..he continued :

"excuse me ..im going to my seat "

"ok"

So said yoochun so jaejoong went to his seat ..

Jaejoong sat on his seat then leaned on the desk and burred his head between his arms …why does this happen ?..why others have to disappear ??...

"jaejoong"

So said yunho from behind him ..he didn’t reply so yunho went on :

"I will allow you to feel guilty in one condition ..if you really believe that you are sick and disgusting and that I am trash like she said "

Jaejoong took a deep breath couple of times then let it out and lifted his head up …

That is right ..he shouldn’t mix things ..

He looked at his arm …there was a scar there ..a scar he had when he was a girl from a bully at school …though that wound left a scar after it but it doesn’t hurt anymore ..hell he doesn’t even remember the name or face of that bully..but aya's words ..they never left his mind and they still hurt so ing much ..

He looked at yunho's reflection in the window ..yes he might have made a mistake by punishing top and him like that but aya ..aya had to be punished ..as long as there was an aya it was bound that someone will get hurt ..if not him then yoochun and risa ..maybe yunho should have punished her long ago ..maybe things would have went smoother and faster …maybe if he made her disappear when jaejoong was still jenna yoochun would have found a girl that loves him and he loves her back ..pushing it until now only made it harder on everyone ..

Jaejoong sighed ..he loves yoochun and risa and seeing them like this hurts him but ..

'if someone had to get hurt it doesn’t necessary has to be you '

So shouted yunho at him once ..he closed his eyes and remembered …yunho then was mad ..his face was red and his chest was shaking with his raged breathes ..he said ..that doesn’t mean to hurt others but you should first of all protect yourself ..if something bad was going to happen then protect your self and after that think about protecting others ..that is something natural and no one would blame you for it …

"yun chan"

So said jaejoong while spacing out when the teacher got in the class ..yunho looked at jaejoong who was standing infront of him so jaejoong continued :

"really ..you are amazing if it weren’t for the small idiot things you do sometimes "

 

********************

 

The school day was over and jaejoong and yunho got out of the class heading to the gate when yunho said :

"we will go now to get the painting from park's apartment right ?"

"I don’t think so ..yoochun said he will go with risa to aya's house to check on her "

Yunho said through clenched teeth :

"that aya !! in her existence and her disappearing she makes problems "

Jaejoong smiled and said :

"what is the problem in this ?"

"we will be late in getting the painting ..i want it now "

"what do you suggest then ?"

Jaejoong said so to be surprised with a hand patting his shoulder ..he turned around to find risa and yoochun ..

"yo"

"yo"

"im going to aya's house with risa ..want to come too ?"

"actually yoochun about that -"

"can I ask a favor from you yoochun ?"

So said yunho and all looked at him shocked ..yoochun said :

"yeah ..what is it ?"

"can you go to your apartment before you go to aya's house ?"

"why do you want so-..ohhhhh"

So said yoochun remembering the painting ..he looked at yunho and yunho nodded ..yeah what you just remembered ..

Yoochun said :

"I don’t have a problem with that ..but .."

He looked at risa and said :

"do you mind stopping at my apartment first ?there is something I need to give to yunho "

"no problem ..just lets not stay there along time so we wont be late "

"good ..then lets go "

Then they started walking till they noticed that yunho and jaejoong weren’t following them ..yoochun said :

"what is it ? aren’t you coming ?"

"no yoochun ..you will go without us "

"what ?"

Yunho walked to yoochun and said to him :

"go to your apartment and put it in a big box ..bigger than the painting so no one will know its actual size ..and I will talk to top and send him to pick it up from your apartment "

Yoochun scratched the back of his head ..his dad said don’t show it to humans but isn’t yunho being just alittle over bored ?...

"if I will put it in a box why wont you come pick it up your self ?"

"me and jaejoong has something to do together now "

"really ?we have something to do ?"

 said jaejoong confused so yunho looked at him and said with a sweet smile :

"yes jaejoong we have something to do …I need you in something "

Risa said :

"aren’t you coming with us to aya's house ?"

Jaejoong looked at her …that is right they are going to aya's house ..he gulped and said :

"no sadly ..like yu heard I have something to do with yunho ..i forgot about it but I remember now "

Yoochun said :

"is there a problem ?what is it ?"

Yunho said in boredom:

"there should be a problem or me to talk to jaejoong ? I need to finish something with him and I want to finish it now that is all "

Yoochun looked at jaejoong and jaejoong smiled at him ..ok..it seems to be something safe ..plus yunho doesn’t have a reason to hurt jaejoong anymore ..and he loves jaejoong …so he said :

"ok then ..we will go now "

He and risa waved to the other two and were about to leave when …

"yoochun"

Yoochun looked at jaejoong who said :

"when you meet aya say hi to her for me "

Yunho smirked while looking at jaejoong's innocent face …

Yoochun smiled a wide smile and nodded saying :

"ok"

Then he turned around and left with risa while thinking how good hearted jaejoong is ..wish aya would listen to him abit ..

 

******************

 

Yoochun went up to his apartment after he bought a big box from the store next to his house ..when he reached his door he found top waiting for him there …

"oh..you are already here ..hi "

Top smiled a small smile and said :

"hi"

"you talked to yunho?"

"yes"

"ok wait a minute ..hold this for me "

And he gave him the empty box to look for the key in his bag …

"so how are you top san ? im glad you are ok "

So said risa to top who simply bowed a short bow and smiled to her a small smile then she said while she is poking him :

"jaejoong was worried a lot about you "

"really !"

Top said that while spacing out ..risa nodded and said :

"you should have seen his face "

Top remembered jaejoong's face when he was getting ready with yunho to go ..he remembered the side look he got and the evil smirk jaejoong was doing then he looked at risa and thought YOU should have seen his face …

Top then smiled and said :

"it seems I missed a lot "

"come in both of you "

So said yoochun while walking through the door and switching on the light ..risa and top followed him ..

They all stood in the hall and yoochun said :

"wait for me here for a bit ..give me this ..thank you "

He took the empty box from top and went to the office room ..

Risa said wondering :

"did yunho forget something here ?"

"kind of ..he came here last night to take it but he passed out then you saw what happened "

"hmm.."

Yoochun got out with the box in his hands which he gave to top's waiting hands ..

"take it "

When top took it he opened the top a bit to take small look then he said :

"it got a piece of cloth around it "

"yeah ..it was like that from the start "

Top smiled ..he and yoochun are the only two who are able to see this thing ..it made him feel kind of special …

Top bowed politely and said :

"thank you ..now I have to leave "

"good bye "

Risa nodded to him and he left …yoochun said to risa :

"so do you want something from the apartment ? maybe drink some water or something? .."

"no .. thank you "

"ok then lets go "

 

******************

 

Jaejoong and yunho were walking in the street quietly ..they didn’t exchange one word between them the whole way ..jaejoong suddenly said :

"so ?"

"hmm?"

"what do you want from me ? what is the thing you want to do with me ?"

"nothing .."

"nothing?"

"I said that because I know you don’t want to go to aya's house "

"ohh"

Jaejoong got quiet for a minute then said :

"thank you then"

"you are welcome "

They reached a public park ..yunho said :

"come ..lets sit "

They walked to a stone seat ,sat there then yunho said :

"so tell me .."

"what?"

Yunho put his arm around jaejoong's waist and pulled him closer to him then looked in his eyes and said :

" whats wrong with you today ?"

"me ? whats wrong with me ?"

"you are acting weird "

"im acting normally"

"then why do I feel like you are acting weirdly?"

"I don’t know ..ask your self ..maybe its your guilt ?"

Yunho's eyes widened and looked at jaejoong who was looking at him straight in the eyes so yunho said :

"see? You are acting weird ..why are you turning this one me ?"

"im not turning anything on you "

"why would I feel guilt for ?"

"you know why "

Yunho smiled with the corner of his mouth and said :

"jaejoong..i punished top hundred of times before and those punishments were way harsher than this one ..so why would I feel guilty about this one ?"

"aha? And who said I am talking about top ?"

"is there anyone else you think I should feel guilty about ?"

"yeah ..maybe me ?"

Yunho held himself together and said :

"do you feel I hurt you in something ?"

"yun chan ..you shock me ..after last night's talk you still think you didn’t hurt me ?"

"so you really are acting weird because of top thing "

Jaejoong sighed and said :

"let me be honest with you here ..i act with different people in different way each day …with top I act sarcastic and naughty …and now I cant talk to top ..and I cant talk to yoochun like this because it will be overly weird coming from me …"

"so you are acting that way with me ??"

"exactly "

"and you want me to feel guilty towards you ?"

"well..im not the one who made up a story for yoochun that I had to keep saying how stupid I am through it "

"and now you cant handle my jokes ?!"

"yun chan ..im mad at you ..how can I handle your jokes ?"

"so you think I should not punish top?! "

"its not that ..but why this way of punishing ?..and also think with me as a person ..away from you being yunho and top being top ..top is not right even alittle bit in this ?"

Yunho looked away ,shook his head and said :

"jaejoong!!! I don’t believe you are saying this !!!"

"come on ..think with me for a moment ..put your self in his shoes "

"jaejoong top is a servant and lahi deserved to die even ..you have no idea what she was planning to do to you "

"what ever it was they were just threaten they weren’t going to do anything "

"yes they would have ..lahi yes she is too weak to do it but lumian ..he was very much capable of doing it and lahi wouldn’t have minded she only wants to get back at me "

"and why does she want to get back at you ?"

Yunho smiled in the corner of his mouth and said :

"now you are defending lahi and lumian ????? why don’t you defend aya too ? why don’t you ask me to bring her back ?"

Jaejoong gulped and didn’t say anything so yunho said :

"jaejoong im really shocked but I want to believe that this is park's effect on you and that this effect will ware off after you part ways with him "

" I .."

Jaejoong gathered his words ,took a deep breath and said in a weak voice :

"when I met you in the back ally of that café shop ..i cried ..i cried a lot infront of you ..i was hurt …I mean I suffered a lot before this and I thought that I got used to it but I cried infront of you ..i was that hurt .."

Yunho's heart skipped a beat ..yes that is the same person …he imagined jaejoong with longer hair and softer features…that voice …he imagined that voice ..the voice that jaejoong said that he cant remember …the voice that yunho cant forget …

Jaejoong continued :

"all that pain ..all that pain is right now like this scar on my arm ..it has a shape I will never forget but it doesn’t hurt anymore ..what really hurts me now ..and more than those days …and more than the stab that left this scar behind it ..is seeing you act like this "

Yunho sighed and jaejoong continued :

"yun chan ..i was hurt a lot in my life ..but I was an optimistic girl ..optimistic till stupidity ..till I couldn’t see what is going on right infront of me …maybe that is why I managed to keep on living till now …so never ever think that me causing others pain would make me happy one way or another .."

"jaejoong ..my angel ..you used to see things happen infront of you and that is why you were hurt …but you were kind hearted ..kind hearted and good and that is what made you forget and forgive easily .."

Jaejoong said :

"is being kind hearted wrong ? is asking you to be kind hearted and softer is asking too much ?"

 Yunho laughed and said :

"jaejoong im kind hearted enough ..if I was any more kind hearted I will get hurt "

Yunho looked down and said in small voice :

"like you were "

Jaejoong lifted his legs and hugged his knees then said softly :

"but im getting hurt because of my kind heart now … I was forbidden to talk to my friend because I was kind hearted to him …and he was hurt because he was kind hearted enough to feel bad about the girl he loves "

Yunho kept quiet so jaejoong continued :

" I .. all night long last night I kept thinking yun chan "

Jaejoong his lips ,smiled a sad smile and said :

"if I was still jenna ..would you have punished me in the same way ?"

 

***********************

 

Yoochun and risa stood infront of aya's house door …

Yochun reached to ring the bell and in that minute risa's cell rang ..she was holding it in her hand so she looked at the cell phone and her eyes widened …

"whats wrong ?"

She looked at him without answering the phone and said :

"ring the bell"

Yoochun didn’t get it but he rang the bell anyway …

Aya's dad opened the door and his eyes widened when he saw them ..he called :

"honey come here "

His wife came while holding the phone ..she looked at them ,closed the phone and in the same second risa's cell stopped ringing ..she said :

"risa chan ..i was trying to call you "

"yeah ..good after noon "

"good after noon "

Yoochun smiled and said :

"good after noon"

The father said :

"come in ..come in "

Risa and yoochun took off their shoes and followed the mother and father to the living room …

Risa said :

"why were you calling me auntie?"

The mom was nervous then she said :

"you tell me first ..why are you both here ?"

Yoochun said :

"we came to visit aya ..she didn’t come to school today "

The father half shouted :

"she didn’t come to school ????"

 Risa and yoochun almost jumped from his sudden shout so he said while trying to calm his nervous :

"aya didn’t go to school today ?"

"yeah ..she didn’t "

Yoochun said that and looked at risa who said :

"she went out of the house this morning say she would go to school ??"

The mother said in a shivering voice :

"no risa chan..aya .."

The mother started crying while saying :

"she didn’t come back home since yesterday morning "

Risa and yoochun's eyes widened and their hearts dropped ..risa said :

"what is the meaning of this ?didnt she come back home last night ?"

The mom nodded while holding on to the father's arm ..the father said while trying to stay calm :

"we thought that she might have gone to sleep over at some friend's house ..you know her ..she is moody and rebellious and a lot of time she sleep at her friend's houses without asking for permission ..but she calls to tell us where she is atleast ..last night she didn’t call and she didn’t call until now .."

The mother said :

"we called all her friends ..but they don’t know where she is and didn’t see here since some time …and when I was calling risa chan you came here "

She looked at them with tears in her eyes and said :

"you two didn’t see her ?"

The father said :

"when was the last time you two saw her ?"

Risa and yoochun exchanged a look and yoochun said :

"last night ..almost sun set "

"and where were you ?"

Yoochun lowered his head and said :

"we were in my house ..with some friends ..but she left pissed off "

"and after that you didn’t see her ?"

Risa said :

"we didn’t see her since then..we tried to call her but her cell was closed ..we thought she closed it because she was still mad at us "

"she didn’t mention where she was going ?"

Risa said :

"she didn’t say anything ..like yoochun said she was mad and left suddenly "

He mother asked :

"you didn’t go with her ?"

Risa got nervous ..she said :

"normaly I go with her ..but last night ..i don’t know ..i didn’t .."

"how do you let her go alone by her self ..she is a weak girl "

Her words hit yoochun's heart ..why did he let her go alone ?? he is such an idiot …really how could he leave her to go alone ??...

Risa looked down ..why she didn’t go with her ?..jaejoong was there and aya was not polite  with anyone …

She clenched her hands ..even so ..why didn’t she go with her ??this time ..this time why didn’t she go with her ??...

Risa said in a small voice :

" I .. im sorry "

Risa then started crying and with her the mother cried ..yoochun was barely able to keep the tears in his eyes ..risa looked at him and said :

"yoochun ..what should we do now ?"

Really what should we do ??....