chapter 63

THE MAGICAL PAINTING

 

"so?"

Said it yoochun without looking at risa who was sitting next to him against the fence …

She sighed so yoochun said :

"are you going to tell me what happened between you and yunho ?"

He scratched his head and continued :

"actually I am just curious about it …I mean I cant imagine what kind of conversation could go on between you and that kind of person …if he was the one who asked to talk to you I would have been worried …but you are the one who wanted to talk to him so I am curious .."

Risa felt her heart beats go faster …she smiled nervously and said :

"yeah I will tell you "

She took a deep breath then continued :

"first we went to the office room …he asked me to tell him what I want fast …I said to him that I want him to help us find aya…"

Yoochun's eyes widened so risa said in a nervous voice :

"I know that you don’t want that …but I don’t agree with you …so I decided to ask him myself .."

"and ? what did he say to you ?"

"he said he doesn’t have to do me any favors….aya doesn’t mean anything to him more like her leaving was pleasing to him .."

"he said that ??!!!"

"yeah"

"damn it …he really is rude "

Risa looked down and said :

"actually he said that aya's leaving pleased him because she hurt jaejoong "

Yoochun gulped and stayed silent …yeah and hurting aya to jaejoong is nothing new …jaejoong said that yunho was with him in the time he turned from a girl to a guy …that means that yunho most likely knows what aya did to jaejoong all those years …

Yoochun murmured :

"that is just silly ..aya was always jealous of jaejoong and I don’t deny that but …yunho also hurt him a lot then "

Risa suddenly looked at yoochun and said :

"is it possible that maybe yunho has something to do with aya's disappearing ?"

Yoochun looked at her with a horror and said :

"no ..no I don’t think so "

"why?"

"he ..because he promised me …he said he wont hurt anyone from the people around me if I helped him and im helping "

"you believe him ? you think he would keep his word ? he is crazy "

"you are right but .."

He remembered …

"there is that letter from aya that explains everything …plus when she disappeared he was sleeping in my house ..so I don’t think it has something to do with him …and I don’t think he would have answered you like that If he was evolved in that ..he would have faked sadness at least ..he wouldn’t have said he was pleased she is gone …"

Risa looked down again and said :

"that is right ..but he then said something else .."

Yoochun looked at her with interest and said :

"what did he say ?"

"after he refused to help in aya's thing we talked about jaejoong .."

Risa sighed then continued while looking ahead :

"after yunho started acting weirdly lately I was really confused because jaejoong stayed friends with him ...specially after you told us yunho was hurting him …then you told me he has some super powers …so it accord to me that maybe jaejoong staying with yunho is because yunho himself …maybe he did something to jaejoong …what they call it …"

"a spell ? magical spell ?"

" yeah exactly ..i mean how do I know that jaejoong is not under some kind of a spell ??...i thought that because jaejoong is so kind but still I didn’t understand why he would be this close and clingy with yunho "

She smiled while tugging some of her hair behind her ear and continued :

"but when you left us alone I talked with jaejoong about yunho….and I noticed that his talk was the result of a long hard thinking …he was talking about an old friendship … sometimes he looked like he was remembering some memories while talking …so I understood that this is about jaejoong …maybe his kindness what is making him remember only the good stuff about yunho …"

Yoochun murmured :

"yeah ..when you two left jaejoong told me that yunho is not the bad person we think he is "

He looked at her and said :

"and ? did you tell that to yunho ?"

She sighed and said:

"yeah but in indirect way …in the start ofcourse I told him im not stupid and that its very much clear that he is not a normal person …but I knew that jaejoong is the one who choose to stay with him …I said to him : 'why are you hurting jaejoong though you know that he loves you much ?'...because I really don’t get it … its clear that jaejoong loves yunho and yunho is clingy and possessive about jaejoong but that relationship is not understandable to me …"

"and he answered ?"

"he said he did everything or jaejoong and jaejoong will be grateful "

Yoochun nodded .yeah yunho could be thinking like that …he is doing all of this so he can have the painting and travel with jaejoong using it …he sighed and said :

"you are talking in confident about him hurting jaejoong ..what do YOU know about that ?"

She said defensively :

"you said that !!! plus its clear that this situation is not normal "

Yoochun sighed again while risa smiled a bothered smile and said :

"here I said to him something I shouldn’t have said …."

  Yoochun looked at her and said :

"what did you say ?"

"I said that this is his opinion …and that in my opinion all he is doing is using jaejoong's kindness and hurting him ….and that even if jaejoong forgave him later then that is because of jaejoong's kindness not because he is grateful to him …and that I will work on making jaejoong get away from him if he kept hurting jaejoong .."

Yoochun's eyes widened to unbelievable size and he said :

"and what did he say ????"

"it looked like he was bothered by my words …"

Yoochun sighed in relieve and said :

"only that ?"

"then he said that jaejoong staying close to him is something that is up to jaejoong and that I have no right to interfere in that ….so I … I said …"

She gulped and said in a lower voice :

"I said …and its not your right either right ?"

Yoochun's eyes were now a comical size …he said :

"and????????"

Risa looked at him and said :

"here there was a weird look on his face … and something weird happened "

 

*******************

Yunjae stood behind the table that yoochun was standing behind it before …

Jaejoong took the painting in his hands and said :

"so this is the painting "

He stared at it for a while touching it then looked at yunho and smiled widely …yunho laughed surprised and said :

"what is wrong with you ???"

"we have the painting ..its in our hands "

"yeah ..but remember ..the original painting is in there "

Jaejoong looked at the golden coffin like table …yeah that is right …then he looked back at yunho and said :

"yoochun is the one who drew this ?"

"yeah thanks to a spell from me ofcourse "

"because he is the only one able to see it "

Jaejoong smiled and said :

"yunho you are really smart "

Yunho smiled back and said :

"I know ..now tell me what you think of the painting "

Jaejoong stared at the painting for a bit then said :

"what do you think ?"

"I am waiting to hear your opinion to come out with the final result "

Jaejoong looked back at the painting and said :

"what did yoochun say about it ?"

"he didn’t comment much but top did "

"and what did he say ?"

Yunho said while pointing to several points in the painting :

"you see here the man who is lighting the place is the same one who broke everything …"

"and he is looking ahead "

"exactly ..so his point of view was that humans hold good and bad in their hands …and that the human is his own enemy …and that him being good or bad he is always looking somewhere else that he never continue his job …because if the evil one completed his job the good one wouldn’t have been able to light the place …and here is the good one looking somewhere else instead of continuing his job though that chair wont hold him up much longer "

"hmmm…"

So said jaejoong with a smile on his face …yunho said :

"so ? did you come up with a point of a view of your own ?"

"yeah ..top's pov is interesting but mine is totally different "

Yunho tipped his head to the side while hiding a smirk….he expected something like that and said :

"and that would be ?"

"top came out with his pov based on the idea that the man was up there to connect the light .."

Yunho's eyes widened and jaejoong continued :

"I see it this way …this man broke all the chairs and while he was breaking the last chair he noticed that he didn’t break the light he was working under …so he got up on the half broke chair to disconnect the light and destroy It …this look on his face …"

Jaejoong bit his lip while looking at the painting then said :

"I think he was looking around the room to see if there were any unbroken lights left or any far light to destroy before this last light …"

Yunho felt a shiver go through his whole body …He didn’t shiver out of fear but out of euphoria ….He looked at jaejoong with huge smile on his face …

Jaejoong lowered the painting and said to yunho :

"you know this time it looks like im looking only at the empty half of the glass "

"there is something that not a lot of people get jaejoong and that is that the glass is empty ..totally empty "

Yunho took the painting from jaejoong and put it back on the table while jaejoong said :

"don’t say that .. how do you know that ??..there is top's pov …actually maybe top's pov is closer to the truth .."

"and your pov is closer to mine …and to what I think that bastard wanted to say in his painting …projecting all his black philosophy in this painting "

"and what is your pov ?"

Yunho smirked and said :

"my pov is not important now ...i might write later "

"heyyyy …you always do this to me ..you never say what you think while I say all I think innocently "

"you don’t do that innocently ..you do that to see my facial expressions "

Jaejoong was surprised …ok he doesn’t deny that …yunho makes him always feel that he is waiting for his opinion and that his opinion is important to him …

Yunho brushed jaejoong's cheek with the back of his hand while saying :

"there is a conversation that I think pleased yoochun .."

Jaejoong closed his eyes while leaning on yunho's hand and said :

"what is it ?"

"me and top told him that his dad sent him a special message through this painting since he is the only one who can see it "

"oh right ..that .."

Jaejoong remembered how yoochun cried hard when he found his dad's message …he smiled and said :

"that would make him very happy "

"I think so too …we saw his happy tears .."

Jaejoong opened his eyes and said :

"really ? he didn’t look like he cried "

Yunho crossed his hand to jaejoong's hair to work his fingers through the silky hair for a moment then said :

"come on lets get out of here "

They walked together to the door but then yunho looked at jaejoong and said :

"do you want to see the original painting ?"

"can I ?"

"yes I made It safe …but the only one who can see its real contains is yoochun "

Jaejoong looked at yunho with a raised eyebrow and said :

"so if I looked at it I will see something other than what yoochun drew ?"

"and different from what anyother person would see …you will see something only you would see "

"I want to see "

"take a look then "

Jaejoong walked slowly to the weird golden table and looked at the night cube that had the painting in it moving slowly from one side to the other …he looked at the painting and his eyes widened …he felt the hair stand at the back of his neck … he looked back at yunho is horror then back at the painting …

"what ? what do you see ???"

Jaejoong was about to say when suddenly he closed his mouth ,smirked and said :

"why do I have to tell you ?? you never tell me anything "

Yunho was taken back …he said :

"is that so ?"

"would you tell me what you see if I told you ?"

Yunho didn’t answer so jaejoong smirked and said :

"see?"

Jaejoong then walked to yunho ,took yunho's arm and put it on his shoulders ,kissed yunho on the cheek then said :

"come on ..lets leave this weird room  "

Yunho looked at him for a minute then sighed and said :

"you …you entered your rebellious stage .."

Jaejoong laughed and said:

"what am I ? your teenage son ??"

"come on ..lets go "

And they disappeared ….

*******************

It was night and risa was laying in her bed ..she didn’t even change her cloth …

"risa ..its time for dinner "

"ok.."

She said it weakly …she cried a lot today …she sighed …

Her mobile rang ..damn it who is it now ???..she doesn’t want to talk to anyone right now ..the mobile's vibration is on and its on the desk if she doesn’t take it the mobile will fall into the floor …

Suddenly she thought …what if it was aya ??..

She jumped off the bed and ran to the mobile ,looked at the screen …

Its not aya but she didn’t regret getting up for the call …

Its jaejoong ….

"yes ?"

"good evening "

"good evening "

"how are you ?"

"im ….fine …"

"your voice doesn’t say so "

"yeah well …im not exactly great .."

"can I see you ?"

"when ? today ?"

"I know ..its late ..sorry "

"no ..no problem ..i will meet you ..where ?"

************

Jaejoong and risa met near a small river that runs near her house …she was wearing a jeans pants with a summer shirt while he was still in his school uniform ..

"yo"

Jaejoong said with a nervous smile …

"good evening "

She said with a small smile ..

They exchanged greetings and went down to a grassy place right near the river …

"so how are you ? why are you not ok ?"

She smiled while looking at the black river and said :

"nothing …actually there is something …"

She looked at him suddenly and continued :

"why did you ask to meet me ?"

He said with a small smile :

"cant I ?"

"you can ..but I don’t think you want to ask me about what me and yunho talked about because he must have told you …right?"

"yunho didn’t tell me anything ..i wont lie I did ask him …but he refused to tell me and said you told him not to tell me "

Her eyes widened and said :

"he didn’t tell you anything ?"

"not at all …he refused to tell me anything …and he said if someone going to tell me its you "

He then poked her cheek and continued :

"but I didn’t ask you to meet me just to talk about this …we today had some alone time but all we talked about was yunho "

She smiled happily and said :

"yeah that is right "

He got closer to her and said :

"so it was yunho's conversation what is bothering you right ?"

She nodded then said absent mindedly :

"tell me jaejoong …"

"what ?"

"I know that yunho is not normal ..i mean he can do super natural things .."

"yeah"

"how much do you trust his powers ?"

"how much ?"

" I mean if he gave you an opinion would you trust it ?"

"an opinion he took using his powers ? I would trust it totally "

"totally …how much is that in percent ?"

" 100% …either I agree with him or not when yunho talks about something he got from his powers he is surely correct "

She looked down so jaejoong got closer to her and said :

"why ? what did yunho tell you ?"

"he said …"

She looked up at the sky ,sighed and said :

"he said that aya wont ever come back "

Jaejoong felt cold water pouring on his head …

"yunho said that ?"

She nodded yes …

"that .."

He cant deny it now …she trapped him …he had to be more careful ..damn it …

He said calmly :

"what happened ? did he say he used his powers to know that ? just tell me what he said "

She sighed and said while really trying not to cry :

"I asked him in the start to help us find aya ..he refused ..then we had a small conversation and I kind of made him mad and provoked him "

"provoked him ? you ?"

Her ears reddened and she looked down …its clear she didn’t want to talk about it but she said :

"yeah ..it was an argument that was pointless but it made him angry and then suddenly he walked towards me while pointing at me with his finger …"

Jaejoong's eyes widened and he said :

"then ?"

"then I found my self standing two meters away from yunho while top holding me "

"top ?...."

"yeah ..then he said to yunho 'yunho sama remember your promise ' then yunho lowered his hand ,took a deep breath and looked like he calmed down "

Jaejoong exhaled …thank god …

Only god knows what yunho would have done to her if top wasn’t there to hold him back …

jaejong then gulped while looking at risa's face …she is sitting her next to him thanks to top …if it wasn’t for top who knows ..maybe there wouldn’t be risa anymore …

top~…

he said to her then :

"actually …what DID you tell yunho ? he is not the type to get mad easily .."

She smiled at him and said :

"it was about you …it seems like the conversation bothered him because he thinks you are his "

Jaejoong sighed …actually he expected something like that ..after all he is the only thing in common between risa and yunho …jaejoong then was surprised by her poking his cheek ..

"look ..you are smiling "

"me ?? really ?"

"yeah …you are happy we were fighting about you "

"ofcourse im not happy about that …I wish you two would become friends "

"maybe …but don’t deny it ..you look happy "

"you two are not the same to me anyway "

He said while meaning one thing while she got another and that made her blush and say :

"actually sometimes I feel like we are .."

He smiled at her and said :

"back to the conversation between you and yunho …then ?"

"then after he calmed down he smiled happily and said that he might not help me in finding aya but he can tell me one thing for sure and that is that aya will never come back …he said he doesn’t feel her aura in this world anymore "

Jaejoong felt like someone squeezed his heart …risa continued softly :

"I asked him does that mean she is dead ?he smirked and said that or she moved to another world "

Jaejoong sighed ..s yunho said it ..

Well ..they had to know one day and it seems he made that one day abit closer ..

They stayed silent for sometime then risa said :

"yoochun said calmly don’t believe him …but you said it’s a 100% sure "

"you told yoochun??"

"yeah I told him in school..but he didn’t really care for what yunho said …though it was bothering me so much …but yoochun said that yunho said that clearly to hurt me since he couldn’t hurt me directly because of his promise to yoochun .."

He looked at her and sighed ..so that is what was bothering her .he couldn’t help her  .. he maybe even made things worse …

He sighed again and said :

"risa"

She looked at him and he kissed her chin quickly and looked away …

Her face turned into a tomato ..

"wh..what ..i mean.what was that ?"

He smiled at her and she hit him on his arm saying :

"what was that ? you surprised me …it wasn’t fair "

"what? I should have taken permission ?"

He laughed ..he was nervous too but she was making him laugh …his heart was beating fast in his chest …he whispered to her :

"I love you "

She looked at him in the corner of her eye and he continued :

"you are beautiful kind and lovely girl and I love you "

She didn’t answer …her voice was gone …did he miss her lips and ended up kissing her chin ?...her face reddened more …

He continued softly :

 " I am sorry if my friend bothered you or hurt you …even if he is my friend don’t believe for a moment I would stop loving you because of him "

She nodded and didn’t say anything then she looked up and said in small voice:

"I too love you so much "

She then looked at him 'don’t believe for a moment I would stop loving you because of him '..she was sure the opposite was true too …he wont let go of yunho because of her …its clear he wont ..he is even apologizing in his place to her …

She smiled and said :

"come here "

His eyes widened and he said :

"here where ?"

She patted his lap and said :

"here …put your head here "

His face was tomato red in one second but she smiled and said :

"come on ..lay down "

"you ..you don’t mind ?"

"ofcourse I don’t ..i am telling you to do it "

"o..ok"

He laid down and put his head on her lap ..the sky was above him clear with not even a star in the sky …

She sighed and said :

"so aya wont come back ...i wonder why …where did she go to ?"

He sighed too then he reached for her cheek and creased it like yunho does to him …he doesn’t know what to tell her ..

Yun chan ….