chapter 68

THE MAGICAL PAINTING

Yunho took jaechun to the living room and when they were there he said :

"I will go now to continue my work"

"wait!!"

Yunho looked back at yoochun and the later said :

"you promised me to tell me about aya "

Yunjae exchanged a look then yunho turned completely to face yoochun and said :

"what is it that you are asking about exactly?"

"I want to know where aya is"

"I already said she is not in this world anymore"

"how do you know that?"

"I already told you that I don’t feel her aura anymore …I think you already know what aura means"

Yoochun gulped ..he –maybe- understand why yunho is mad …they are repeating the same words over and over to him …

"then…"

Yoochun cleared his throat and continued :

"then I want to find her body"

Jaejoong's eyes widened and his heart started to beat fast …yunho smiled and said :

"that is not possible"

"why ?"

"to find a person you try to locate his aura ..aya doesn’t have one anymore"

"didn’t you say that there is an aura to everything …then there must be an aura to dead bodies too "

"that is correct ..but the aura that comes from a living body is different from the aura that comes from a lifeless body …that means that the aura coming from aya now is different from how it used to be which means it’s a new, unknown one for me so I cant find it "

 "so you only can know she is dead ..you cant do anything useful !"

So said yoochun in an angry voice while tears were gathering in his eyes …yunho smiled in the corner of his mouth and said :

"I didn’t say she died …I said she is not in this world anymore ..i only told risa the truth I know ...if that truth is unfortunate to you that doesn’t mean that my –evil- has to do with it …I am an evil man  ..but I am an honest evil man  "

Yunho then tipped his head to the side and said :

"is that all ?"

"I ..dont know …all this talk about auras …its all untouchable…I don’t feel its real…"

"let me get this straight …you feel its real when you ask me to find her body but when I tell you I cant find her body you feel its not real ..!!"

Yunho said that with a sarcastic smile playing on his lips …yoochun didn’t answer …he couldn’t say anything …

Yunho lifted his head up then said :

"top finished his work ..i am taking jaejoong and going back to the research room ..you will be fine alone right?"

Yoochun didn’t answer …he didn’t even lift his head up …

"jaejoong …lets go"

So said yunho while signaling for jaejoong to get closer to him …jaejoong felt a bitter taste in his mouth …he knows that aya's disappearance is for the best …for everyone including yoochun but ….this whole situation was so hard …he doesn’t like seeing yoochun like this …

"yoochun.."

Yoochun lifted his head to meet jaejoong's eyes to be surprised by jaejoong pulling him by his arm while saying :

"come.."

Yunho lifted his eyebrow while watching jaechun reach the door frame of the living room when jaejoong stopped and said :

"in the end of this hallway you will find the kitchen ..there are chairs and table in there …take what ever you want from the fridge"

"hmm…"

So said yoochun while nodding slowly …jaejoong patted his head and said :

"see you in a bit "

Then went back to stand next to the sighing yunho who said :

"you invite strangers to open the fridge quiet comfortably "

"you don’t mind right ?..you don’t keep anything magical there and this is my house too right ?"

Yunho smiled and didn’t comment then he put his arm around jaejoong's waist and jumped them to the research room leaving yoochun in the living room alone …

 

*******************************

 

Yunjae and top stood in the research room…

"top.. where is the hozta?"

Top pointed at the table where a jar filled with the clear jelly stuff was right there in the middle of the table ..yunho took it in his hand and said :

"you learn fast ..i did it once infront of you and now you can do it fast and correct "

"that is all thanks to you sir"

"now take it and put it there "

"yes sir"

Top took the jar , float in the air to put the jar in a big circular thing that was in the middle of the room hang up right in the middle of the air …when the jar was in the middle of the circular  thing a light blue light reflected on the ceiling then went off in a minute …

Top went down to the floor and said :

"ready sir "

"ok ..come with me jaejoong"

Yunho took jaejoong's hand and led him to stand with him under the circular thing …jaejoong looked under his feet to see the circle that yoochun was standing on now is under his feet …he looked up at yunho and said :

"what will happen now ?"

"don’t worry this is safe ..we are just going to make yoochun's aura wrap around us "

Yunho smiled at jaejoong ,lifted his face up then touched his lips with jaejoong's in a very soft but comforting kiss …when they parted jaejoong smiled up at yunho ..he cant feel safer than he feels right now …he felt his heart beating fast in excitement and anticipation ..

"yun chan"

"hmm?"

"If this worked how much do we have to wait before we can leave ?"

So said jaejoong while circulating his arms around yunho's neck ….yunho laughed softly after seeing the excitement shining in jaejoong's eyes and said :

"it will leave only one big important step and after that few small details and we are off"

Jaejoong's smile widened and with it yunho's smile …yunho said while pinching jaejoong's cheek :

"there is so much excitement shining in your eyes"

"yeah I cant hide my happiness"

But jaejoong remembered …

'are you ready to leave yoochun and risa behind jaejoong sama?'

Jaejoong gulped …he doesn’t want to think about this now ..he is happy now …

Yunho lowered jaejoong's arms ,kissed his hands then let go of him and said :

"we have to start now "

Yunho then started to murmur words softly while looking down …jaejoong wasn’t scared ..he was used to seeing yunho doing spells …

Suddenly the circular thing above them started to make noises as if it was boiling then slowly some liquid started to fall on them …

Jaejoong lifted his head to look up but was surprised to see that there was nothing falling on them ..nothing he can see ..but the shadow on the floor and the sound of water pouring on them was making him believe there is something but he just cant see it …

He looked at yunho who was still murmuring spells …he smiled at him lovingly and admiringly …

Suddenly jaejoong felt yoochun walks into the room ..

There was no yoochun in the room …he looked around …no yoochun not here ..but he feels him ...he feels him getting closer and closer …

Top saw him looking left and right so he smiled and said :

"jaejoong sama..you are looking for yoochun right ?..he is not here ..but remember you are wearing his aura now "

"o-oh..ok"

"yeah"

So said top then they got silent while yunho continued to murmur spells …Suddenly yunho stopped ,looked up and the water sound stopped too …

Yunho smiled and said :

"now you can move"

They both moved from under the circular thing …jaejoong moved the collar of his shirt around while saying :

"weird feeling …its like yoochun is under my clothes "

Yunho frowned while saying :

"I know it’s a disgusting feeling "

"but I don’t get it …what happened to your and my aura then?"

"they are still here ..i just covered them with yoochun's aura …and now let me try.."

Yunho gulped and looked at the painting then continued :

"this is supposed to work.."

Jaejoong said worriedly :

"what are you going to do ?"

Yunho said carefully :

"top is going to open one side of the cube for me and I will try to make a contact with the painting"

Jaejoong stared at yunho for some time so yunho said :

"I will be careful ofcourse …and don’t offer to do this instead of me because the day that I will use you in experiments wont come while I am alive"

Jaejoong frowned and said :

"but yun chan..you are the only yun chan in this whole world…you are the only one who can make this painting work.. I –"

"and if something happened to you because of the painting I will burn it myself "

Jaejoong tipped his head to the side and said :

"what could happen anyway?"

"that is something hard to figure out since the magician who made it didn’t say in specific ..it could be direct or indirect… it could be a curse .. figuring out something like that is something hard to do "

"then…yun chan.."

Jaejoong gulped and said seriously:

"be careful"

"I will be ..top"

"yes sir"

Top took a deep breath ,lifted his hands and started murmuring things then slowly the part o the cube that was facing only him  opened and he said :

"its ready yunho sama"

"ok"

Yunho nodded and walked in confident steps to face the painting through the opening …he stared at it ..then stared longer ..then he smiled and looked at top and jaejoong while saying :

"things are going alright"

"really?"

So said jaejoong happily while top said :

"that is good "

"but its early to be happy about this ..its not enough to be able to look at it directly ..we have to be able to deal with it magically too "

Yunho got closer to the painting ,took a deep breath then put his hands together as if praying and started murmuring …two minutes went by peacefully and jaejoong was starting to relax when yunho opened his eyes suddenly and said :

"fuc-"

The room started to shake as if there was an earthquake …

Jaejoong was about to yell 'earthquake' but one look to yunho's face and he knew this is not something natural ..

"counter spell!!!"

So said yunho then he started jumping through the room from place to another without stopping …disappearing here and appearing there while murmuring spells like jaejoong never saw him do ..

Jaejoong looked at top who was clearly trying his best to close the opening in the cube ..there is something strange happening in the cube ..the painting was flipping around in the cube fast then it got closer to the opening and stuck to it …if the opening wasn’t smaller than the painting it would have escaped through it long ago…

Top was reading faster ..his hands are in their place but his tongue moving faster and faster …

Jaejoong was surprised to see the corner of the painting changing shapes …the painting was the same but the corner seemed like it was being pushed inside ….

"yunho sama there is a hole in the painting ..i am losing control"

So said top nervously ..jaejoong started to feel the earthquake calming ..so that is what yunho was doing ….but then looking back at the painting it was changing position and suddenly the corner of the painting -that looked like it was pushed inside or like there is a small whirlpool in it- was getting closer to the opening until it was facing the opening then suddenly the whirlpool started pulling everything in the room to it …like a big vacuum …

"…"

So yelled yunho and was about to jump infront of the painting when suddenly jaejoong ran to stand infront of the painting then he screamed and his head was thrown back as if something hit him in the face but he didn’t stop …he reached into the cube and closed the whirlpool hole like thing with his bare hand …

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH~"

Jaejoong screamed in pain…it wasn’t just his hand that was covering the hole that was hurting him also his arm that was stuck in the cube and his face that was hit by something ….yunho yelled :

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING??"

"closing the hole ..its smaller than my hand "

"get away from it "

Yunho pushed jaejoong's hand away and put his hand in its place then screamed in pain too …when his arm went in the cube it felt like it was being chewed on …it was a good thing he had a lot of spells around him and jaejoong or the moment their arms went in the cube they would have disappeared …

Jaejoong stood there panting while watching yunho closing the hole with his hand while his face was controlled in pain ..jaejoong's face was specially hurting him specially his left eye..there was also warm liquid flowing on his face …his face most be covered in blood …what was that that hit him in the face to start with ?..he didn’t see anything ..it was as if the air was suddenly like a sharp sword ….

What to do now ?? what to do ?what to do ? what to do ?!!!...

Jaejoong suddenly yelled :

"TOP YOU ALREADY LOST CONTROL ON THE PAINTING …GO GET YOOCHUN..RIGHT NOW !!"

Top looked lost then looked at yunho who yelled :

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR ? MY ARM IS GOING TO BE CUT OFF!!"

In the next second top appeared next to yoochun who was drinking some coffee and without any words he put his hand on his shoulder and jumped with him back to the research room …

Yoochun stood in the middle of the room looking around in horror …the room was a mess …jaejoong standing there shivering while his face covered in blood …yunho's hand stuck in the cube and he looks like he is in a lot of pain and still murmuring something …

"wh-what the.."

" TOP…MAKE THE OPENING BIGGER AND I WILL SNATCH THE PAINTING OUT"

Yunho has to get the painting out of the cube so yoochun could close the hole in the painting ..the painting cant hurt yoochun but the cube can so the painting should be out of the cube so yoochun can close it …it seems that the aura yunjae took from yoochun doesn’t reach the cube …

Yunho screamed in pain and top's murmuring became louder and faster …yoochun yelled :

"WHAT IS IT ??WHAT DO I DO ?"

No one answered yoochun ..jaejoong was standing there rocking in his place while more liquid falling from his face …maybe blood and maybe tears no one knew ..

Top and yunho were murmuring spells …spells on the cube because they lost control over the painting …yunho's voice was shaking and hurt …

Yoochun then was surprised to see top shaking his head is despair then after two minutes starting to murmur new words that were clearly different from the ones before …maybe different language …yunho yelled :

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING??"

Top didn’t answer …top was working on destroying the painting so it would stop vacuuming everything and so yunho can get his arm out of the cube …

Yunho looked at top a monster like look and said between his teeth :

"top do as I tell you and go back to the spells I told you to read …NOW "

Top looked at him like he is about to argue but yunho yelled :

"NOW "

Top took a deep breath and went back to the spells he was saying before ….then at one point his and yunho's words were the same said in one voice …

The opening started to get bigger which allowed yunho to pull the painting out then in his free hand he pulled yoochun closer to him and put yoochun's hand in place of his own to close the hole then said to yoochun:

"don’t you dare to move your hand …I will kill you !! I swear I would"

Yoochun nodded 'yes' ..yunho then held his arm that was inside the cube and started to scream in pain…it seems he can finally use his mouth for something other than spells …

Was it over?..

"yun cha-"

Jaejoong didnt get to continue before yunho walked fast to top and punched him right in the face using his unwounded hand to send him flying two meters in the air …

"YUN CHAN!!!"

"ARE YOU CRAZYYYYY!!!"

So yelled yunho madly …top tired to sit up while rubbing the side of his face then said :

"forgive me yunho sama in that moment your arm was  about to get cut "

"what do you care about my arm??? …you care about my arm more than about me ???…this is the only painting of its kind in the whole world !!..the only one on this earth …it’s a treasure …it’s a legend …a miracle…don’t destroy it without a permission just because someone's arm is stuck in there !!!!"

Top stood up slowly and said while bowing his head :

"I am sorry yunho sama I misjudged the situation and was about to cause a disaster .."

Yunho was looking at top madly but he couldn’t say anything anymore after all top was only trying to help …

"yun chan is your arm alright??"

Yunho looked back at jaejoong about to say something but the shock stopped him …

"you…what happened to you? What is all this blood on your face?"

"I don’t know ..something flew at my face the moment I stood infront of the painting "

"you stupid idiot !! how come you stood infront of it after the counter spell started working ??"

Jaejoong looked down murmuring :

"I couldn’t think of anything else but do that"

"show me ..where is the wound ? where is all this blood coming from ?"

So said yunho while he held jaejoong's chin in his unharmed hand to tip his head up so he can look for the wound …yunho gulped and said :

"this is a linear wound "

Yunho went silent while looking at the wound that reach from jaejoong's left eyebrow till his mid cheek …

It goes through his eye …

"can you open your left eye?"

"I am not sure ..there is a lot of blood "

"show me "

Yunho leaned closer to jaejoong's face while checking the wound ..

Thank god …it seems like jaejoong closed his eye before the wound was inflicted and the wound was not deep enough to cut his eyelid and hurt his eye …but all this blood ..

He sighed sadly …jaejoong…

Yunho touched jaejoong's head then held him by his hair and pushed jaejoong's head on his shoulder …

"yun chan …your clothes will be soaked in blood!!"

"shut up"

Jaejoong lifted his head off yunho's shoulder and said :

"yun chan ..what about your arm?"

Yunho didn’t answer so jaejoong lifted yunho's sleeve up and his eyes widened in horror …

The part of yunho's arm that was inside the cube looked like a dried piece of wood …

Yunho murmured :

"don’t touch it ..it hurts "

"is ..what is this ?"

"don’t worry …this is a treatable wound …show me yours "

Jaejoong lifted up his sleeve and showed his arm to yunho …it was covered in first degree burns but he was able to move it freely unlike yunho's ..it was clear that the difference was the time that their arms spent in the cube …yunho sighed …

"we will do a plastic surgery for your arm"

"umm.. excuse me "

They looked at yoochun who was sitting on the floor while covering the corner of the painting with his hand …he continued :

"what is happening here ?....until when am I going to stay like this holding the painting like this???"