chapter 61

THE MAGICAL PAINTING

The painting was rectangular longitudinal …

It was a dark painting that collected all the dark colors in it …the mix had a green golden light to it that gave it mysterious atmosphere …

There was a lot of red small chairs from all shapes you could imagine but all of the chairs legs were broken  except one chair in

The front that had only two of its legs  and on that chair stood a man on the tip of his toes and in his hand was a light ball that he was trying to connect to a long electric wire that was hanging from the ceiling …the light ball was on and that gave the room a bit of light which gave the chairs  and the broken legs kind of creepy shadows …the painting was taken at an angle to the man's right from behind him …

Now the strange thing was that the man was looking surprised and inquiring but not at the broken chairs or at the light ball in his hand .no..he was looking at empty space above the chairs ….

Yunho's breath came out shaking then he smiled at top and said :

"what do you think top? Did you expect something like this ?

"ehm…actually no ..i expected something more classical …what is the meaning of this I wonder …what did he want to say here ?...what's up with all those broken chairs ?"

"and that man ..what was he looking at exactly ?"

"and that is what caught your attention ????"

They looked at yoochun who looked at the painting with hatred and said :

" for me THAT is what caught my attention …"

He pointed at the man's other hand –not the one which he was holding the light ball in it- …the hand was almost not noticeable because of the man's body but that hand was holding …an ax ???!!!!

Yunho's and top's eyes widened ….

Did the man break all the chairs legs by himself ? but why ? why would he break all those chairs and even the chair he was standing on leaving only two legs ? why would he do that if he wanted to hang the light ball on the ceiling ??..

Yunho smiled in the corner of his mouth and said :

"yoochun kun …"

"hmm?"

"your dad is sick !!"

"I KNOW THAT ..i know that more than anyone …when I think he killed himself and my mom for this I become even more sure of how sick he was .."

Yunho thought for a moment then said :

"yoochun ..do you know the man in the painting ?"

"no ..i never saw him in my life …"

And they got quiet again while looking at the painting …

Top said :

"if you allow me to speak yunho sama …"

Yunho and yoochun looked at him and yunho nodded his head so top continued :

"I think he wanted to say that humans have in their hands both the ways to destroy and to build …and if there was someone who is holding the humans from the good road then that someone would be the humans them selves …in short he wanted to say humans are their own enemies "

"then why is that man looking ahead of him into the emptiness ? what is that look on his face ?"

"though humans have everything in their hands they keep losing their chances by not focusing or not completing the job they have on hand to the end …and that apply on both the god and the bad person …because if the bad person who broke all the chairs finished his job and broke all the chair's legs the good man wouldn’t have been able to stand on that chair and connect the light ball …"

Yunho tipped his head to the side thinking while yoochun nodded in understanding…top continued :

"anyway ..what ever the point was in what he drew is not what on my mind ..more like why drawing this painting as something  to help traveling through dimensions ? why not draw something that has to do with that idea ??.."

Yunho said :

"yeah that is weird but I think that this painting held to him more meanings than just a tool to travel with it through dimensions .. I think it had a spiritual meaning to it for him .. maybe cause he poured all his magic into it .. maybe he wanted to write the sum of his life in it "

"maybe he wanted to leave a message to yoochun kun in it too "

So said top …yoochun looked at him surprised and said :

"a message for me ??"

Top nodded his head a quick yes so yoochun said with a sad smile on his face :

"no .. no I don’t think I was that important to him "

"but that might hold some truth to it "

So said yunho smiling so yoochun and top looked at him and he continued:

"in the end this painting was not supposed to be seen by anyone but you ..it was directed to you and only you "

Yoochun gulped and said in a shaking voice :

"why ? if he had something to tell me why not tell it to me directly ? why kill himself before telling me ?"

"you took the painting and you saw the message ..for him the message was delivered "

"but .."

Yoochun went silent and a tear was threaten to fall from his eye…

Yunho smiled in satisfaction and said while stretching his arms above his head :

"its kind of funny if you think about it .he ended up doing exactly what he was warning you about …he had everything in his hands and he lost it while he was looking at the other side …"

Yoochun said in a small voice meant to be heard by only him :

"it depends on the "everything"  you mean ….maybe he gave up his life in what he thought to him was everything .."

"yoochun kun "

Yoochun looked at yunho with tears in his eyes and yunho continued calmly:

"I don’t know you ..and I don’t really care about you or your life if you live it happily or miserably …but I will tell you the facts ..when your dad made this painting unseeable by any human but you he was giving you something special …he thought of you as someone special enough to be the only one able to see this .he gave you something he didn’t give to anyone else ..this painting ..you said it ..he killed himself for it and he allows only one person to see it …and that person is you "

Yunho smirked and continued :

"well ofcourse now we all can see it …"

Yoochun wiped the single tear that escaped his eyes with his arm …the subject of his dad and their relationship had been bothering him since so long …he didn’t imagine that anyone would be able to show him that his dad cared for him even a little bit and then this …and who did it ??? yunho !!!!...

Yunho looked at the painting again ,smiled absent mindedly and said :

"I cant wait until jaejoong see this …"

Yoochun looked at him ,bit his lip but didn’t comment …

Yunho then looked at his watch and said :

"this all took exactly 22 minutes "

Yoochun's eyes widened and said :

"ehhhh? I thought it took long hours …"

Yunho looked up and said :

"lets get some rest ..we all are tired by now "

 

*********************

 

Jaejoong and risa went to the living room and sat on the sofa …risa was looking at the floor and jaejoong was looking at her ... jaejoong smiled at her and said :

"its been a long time since we had the chance to be alone together right ?"

Risa nodded and blushed while looking at the floor …jaejoong  smiled thinking that she really is cute but then his mind took him to yoochun and yunho ..what are they doing ? are things going well or are they fighting or –

"jaejoong ?"

Jaejoong blinked at risa and smiled saying :

"yes ^_^?"

She bit her lip ,looked to the side and said :

"you keep staring at me …"

Jaejoong then noticed that he was looking at her while spacing out so he blushed and said :

"sorry ..im sorry just ..you really are cute "

Risa's face turned into a tomato and she said :

"u-umm…"

She then stood up and walked toward the book shelves on the wall and said :

"yunho has a lot of books doesn’t he ?"

Jaejoong  smiled at the cuteness and said while getting up and following her :

"yeah ,he loves books "

Risa touched the nearest book shelve and said :

"he likes philosophy "

Jaejoong  glanced at the books she can see and said :

"yeah …I think you can tell that much after you talk to him for a while .. though I doubt he believes in any of those books' philosophy .. I think he got a philosophy of his own he just likes to umm figure out how others think maybe .."

Risa hummed while looking at the books then said after a quick glance at jaejoong :

"how about you?"

"me ?"

Risa walked around while looking at the books displayed on the walls and said without looking at jaejoong :

"yeah you …do you believe in this books' philosophy ?or yunho's ?"

Jaejoong followed risa with his eyes and said :

"I think this books are too complicated for me and as for yunho …though I do know what he means and I think most of the time he is right about things but …I think he sees umm people's only dark side ? or maybe he saw so much that made him know things I don’t know yet …for me I think I agree with some of his philosophy and disagree with some …as my best friend we used to talk about those things a lot but then I always ended up feeling like a child while listening to him … maybe he is too wise for me or maybe I just believe that fairytales still exist … just you need to look for them …or maybe …maybe I think its like I see the glass as it is while yunho sees only the empty half and those books question if there is a glass to start with …"

Jaejoong  then smiled and said :

"sorry I think I confused my self here "

Risa looked back at jaejoong and said :

"no .i think I understand what you mean completely "

Jaejoong smiled at her then walked to her and said :

"how about you ?"

" what about me ?"

"how do you see the glass ?"

" I think I used to see it as only half full but then lately im starting to see the empty half too "

Jaejoong smiled at her and was about to say something when ..

" you all think of this glass too much ..for me when I see a glass I only think about drinking it "

Jaejoong and risa looked back to see yoochun ,yunho and top…

Risa smiled at top who was directing his talk to her but jaejoong knew he was meant by the talk and looked at yunho who said to top :

"and that is the most frightening philosophy of all top "

Then he added in his mind :

"do this once again top and I wont be this easy on you "

Top gulped and said in his mind :

"im sorry yunho sama I think that the tiredness is getting to me that I forgot my place "

Yunho was about to say something to top when jaejoong  smiled at him and said :

"how did it go ?"

Yunho smiled back and said :

"wonderful *looking sideways at yoochun* yoochun here helped a great deal "

Yoochun said :

"do you still need me yunho?"

Yunho looked at yoochun and said :

"not at the moment but I am not sure yet …you can leave if you want ..top-"

"but we didn’t talk yet "

Yunho looked at risa ,sighed and said :

"yeah sure ..come with me to my office "

He looked at yoochun and said :

"you wait here with jaejoong"

Then looking at jaejoong and said :

"im sorry jaejoong I keep making you babysit "

Yoochun blushed with mixture of rage and embarrassment but before he could say anything yunho led the way for him and risa to his office …

Jaejoong smiled sheepishly at yoochun and said :

"shall we sit?"

Yoochun sighed ,smiled at jaejoong and followed him to the sofa ..when they sat down top came closer and said to yoochun:

"want to drink something ?"

Yoochun felt that he was indeed thirsty so he said :

"orange juice ?"

Top smiled bowed and left …yoochun looked at jaejoong  and said :

"shouldn’t he ask you too ?"

Jaejoong smiled and said :

"nope he knows what I drink "

Yoochun  nodded then looked back at the office room and said :

"I wonder what risa want from yunho"