Rivals in Love

How? When? Lee Jinki !
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Risa's pov:

 

"Joo Won oppa?" 

"I said that I didn't wanted to admit that we're friends."

"W-why?" I asked, scared for the answer.

"Because I have taken an interest in you."

It was like time stopped for a moment and all the noise around me was pushed to the background. My head was filled with the words that Joo Won oppa told me.

My heart skipped a beat and I felt my eyebrows knitting together in a deep and confused frown.

"W-what?" I asked, my voice shivering and hesitant, almost scared to ask for an explanation.

"Risa," he chuckled amused but I could hear tha this voice was hinted with nervousness. "Don't tell me that you don't know what that means? I'm telling you that I like you." he said, making me bite the insides of my cheeks, feeling troubled by this confession.

I leaned against the wall and took in a deep breath, letting everything sink in.

"Risa? Are you still there?" he asked, I hummed in response.

"I... I'm s-sorry...," I tried to apologize, having difficulty to explain. "T-this is s-so s-sudden." 

"I... I'm sorry for that. Is it because of our age difference?" he asked hesitantly.

"No. No... It's not because of that. I'm just t-taken aback by this sudden c-confession."

"I'm sorry for surprising you like this but I don't regret confessing my thoguhts and feelings to you. Please think about this. I would like to go out with you." he said, this time determined.

"I...I..." I sighed softly, not able to tell him directly about this. 

I was so unlike me. I used to be direct and didn't bother myself with these stupid thoughts yet why now...? Is it bcause of the drama? Is it because he's a big star? 

Why am I having difficulty to explain things clearly to him?

"I'm sorry." I apologized, over and over.

"Don't. I'll give you time to think about this. I'll...call you later. Take care of yourself." he said before hanging up.

My hand fell down to my side, barely able to keep my cellphone between my fingers.

This is such a mess...ugh!

 

I sighed as I looked at the door in front of mine. It wasn't the grey colored door of my appartment, but a black colored one.

Standing there for a few minutes, I finally moved my arm, fingers reaching for the numberlock, ticking in the pincode.

When I heard the system make an allowing sound, my hand pushed the door open, my body moving along.

I could hear the TV and people talking as I closed the door behind me, taking off my shoes.

"Risa?"

I lifted my head and looked at Jjong looking at me with a confused expression. It quickly disappeared though, his lips curling up in a bright smile.

"You're here for Jinki, right? He's on his way back from his schedules." he explained, going to the kitchen before giving me a can of green tea he took out of the fridge.

"Thanks." I smiled, nodding my head, walking towards the living room where Minho was gaming.

"Hi, Risa. What's up." he asked, too focused on his game to let him make some eye contact with me.

"Complicated." I sighed, opening the can before taking a big gulp of it.

"I read it. You came back from the company?" Jonghyun asked, sitting next to me, pulling his knees up and crossing them on the leather couch.

I hummed, nodding my head, placing the can of green tea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter