Recur

Frozen Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WHAT AM I DOING UPDATING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK. O_O

Annyeong 13 new subs, gomawo to all you awesome peeps for upvoting!! sukirapanda, Liviaismuah, eunshehae, Diamondspark1809 and peptoo... XOXO

 

 

Kangin’s POV

Jagiya and I rushed out of our house at top speed and broke nearly all the road regulations when we sped our way to Hyuk’s apartment. We let ourselves in with our spare key (Hyuk gave us a spare after what happened last time just for emergency cases like this) and rushed into the spacious apartment.

“HYUK!!! WHERE ARE YOU??” I yelled after stepping into the place.

“H-Here, bedroom,” I heard him say quietly so both Jagi and I ran in. My heart broke at the sight.

Hyuk was cradling a bluish-looking Hae in his arms on the bed, leaning against the headboard. I could see that his fingers were numb with cold but he never stopped Hae’s blue face. The bedcovers were tightly wrapped around the frozen comatose form and there were tear stains on Hyuk’s face. “H-Hyung,” he called, mustering a small smile.

“What happened?” I asked again, gesturing for Jagi to get another pail of hot water, since the one in the room already felt lukewarm. “Why is he frozen like that?”

“I-I don’t know, I just w-woke up and he was already f-frozen stiff…”

I sat down on their soft bed and touched Hae’s face. I shuddered. It was just like touching a block of solid ice in the freezer during winter. I quickly checked for his pulse but he was too frozen that I couldn't even locate it. “Dammit,” I cursed under my breath, still looking for his pulse. “Is he still breathing?”

“Barely,” Hyuk whispered, cradling Hae’s head fondly and placing a kiss on his forehead. “He woke up a little while ago but then slipped back into unconsciousness again. I just don’t know what to do anymore…”

I felt my heart bleed when I witnessed fresh tears plunging from Hyuk’s eyes. He wrapped his arms and legs even tighter around Hae, rubbing on his frozen back without stopping. “I feel so useless,” he wept.

Jagi came back with the hot water and I didn’t hesitate to start dipping the already icy-cold towels back into the water to heat them up before gently holding them to Hae’s blue face. Jagi also brought another small pail to put Hae’s feet in. Hae’s head lolled in Hyuk’s lap, and Hyuk steadied it, softly caressing the frozen face. “I couldn’t even protect him… I’m so useless… I-I thought everything was back to normal, and we could f-finally resume our old lives…” He buried his face in his hands and let out a loud sob, blaming himself for everything. “I hate myself!! I couldn’t even protect the person I loved the most… I’m so sorry Hae baby… I’m so, so sorry… I won’t ever forgive myself for this… P-Please, Hae… Please, I’m so sorry… Please don’t leave me… I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you… Don’t leave me… Please…”

“Hyuk,” I intervened, pulling away his hands from his face and hugging him tight. “The last thing Hae would do is blame you for something that wasn’t in your control. So stop blaming yourself. Stop hating yourself. Hae will be fine, he’s a fighter and you know we would give our all to get him back. He wouldn’t leave you like this. He loves you, Hyuk. He wouldn’t leave you alone. I just know it.”

I patted his head and let him cry on my shoulder, gripping tightly onto my body for full support. Jagi was taking care of Hae in the meantime, so I only had to worry about this big baby clinging onto me. “Shh… Hyuk he’s gonna be fine, we’re gonna bring him back… He’s not going to leave us just like that…”

Hyuk took in a deep breath and tried to calm himself down, only letting another stray sob escape his lips. “Y-You’re right… I-I shouldn’t… I-I’m sorry…”

“Kanginnie,” Jagi called, and we both turned our heads to face him. He smiled and nodded at Hae. “He’s waking up.”

“HAE!!!” Hyuk exclaimed, and I released him from our hug so he could hold the younger. “You’re awake…” He whispered, nuzzling his face into Hae’s fingers.

“C-C-Cold…” the younger whispered, but at least the smallest of smiles was gracing his lips.

“I know,” Hyuk answered, caressing his cheek. “I know, baby, I know… Just bear with it for a little while longer, alright? Kangin hyung and Teukie hyung are here… You’re gonna be alright…”

“Were you c-c-crying?” Hae asked, his eyes trailing on the tear stains on Hyuk’s face. “I’m sorry…”

“Hush, baby,” Hyuk said, rubbing away the telltale signs. “It’s not your fault, it was mine...”

“S-Silly,” Hae smiled, and Hyuk bent in for a kiss. I nudged Jagi and he smiled back at me, holding his hand over my eyes as the two kissed. I playfully batted away his hand and gave it a light squeeze as he leaned his head against my shoulder.

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

Hae was still feeling like a block of ice, but at l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter