Promise

Frozen Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Because I feel kinda bad for leaving this fic for a few days... :/

Welcome 9 new subbies!!! ^o^

Thanks Piccola_Marti for upvoting!! I love you!! :D

 

Author’s POV

“Hae baby, where do you want to go today?”

“Can… can we just walk somewhere? It’s our last day here, and I don’t feel like going too far.”

“Hmm… How about we go to the park? Since we didn’t really make it to the ‘date’ last time…”

Donghae smiled and reached for Eunhyuk’s hands. He entwined their fingers together and tiptoed to peck Eunhyuk’s lips before drawing away almost instantly.

“I’ll take that as a yes, then,” Eunhyuk smiled, tightening his fingers and leading Donghae out of the suite after grabbing their coats.

* * *

The weather was rather chilly as it had just been raining not too long ago. The ground was covered in puddles, big and small, reflecting the mischievous glint of sunlight occasionally poking out from behind the cloudy sky. Few people were about in that misty afternoon, though nobody could really tell it was already past noon because the sky was still rather gray from the overshadowing clouds.

Donghae couldn’t help stepping into all the puddles he could find, a playful smile adorning his smooth, pink lips. He stepped into an extra large puddle and giggled when big and beautiful ripples formed, creating an attractive pattern underneath his feet. Luckily they both had on waterproof shoes, so neither really minded even when Donghae unintentionally jumped a little too hard in a puddle, causing the water to splash around.

“Oops,” Donghae smiled apologetically at an old man who was glaring at him for wetting his shoes. Eunhyuk couldn’t contain a chuckle, seeing Donghae bowing a few times to the old man before resuming with his puddle game. Eunhyuk caught up between them and grabbed Donghae’s hand, making the younger stop for a while and look at him.

“Don’t walk so fast, I can’t keep up with you, baby.”

Donghae giggled again. “Ahjusshi,” he mumbled to himself.

“What did you say?”

“I didn’t say anything, Hyukkie.”

“Oh really?” Eunhyuk took another step towards Donghae and slipped his free arm around his waist. “I heard something that sounded like… ahjusshi…” He whispered into his ears, a teasing smile tugging at his mouth.

Donghae’s face reddened immediately upon the proximity. Before he knew it, he felt the elder’s mouth close in on his lips, the arm on his back pressing him further into the kiss. Donghae closed his eyes and let himself melt into it, enjoying the impromptu kiss on the sidewalk, trying to ignore the people that were looking at them, some chuckling even at the sight of two guys kissing on the road.

Eunhyuk moved his lips against Donghae’s but the younger tried to draw back, his face as red as a tomato. He was feeling the pressure of the many eyes on them.

“Hyukkie…” He panted. “We need… to stop… before…” Donghae trailed off and hid his face in Eunhyuk’s shirt in embarrassment. The elder simply nodded and released him. A red-faced Donghae peeked out from his chest to look at the non-existent crowd staring at him. Turns out, it was just them and the old man he splashed earlier, who was now walking away with an evident smile playing on his lips.

Donghae quickly untangled himself from Eunhyuk and walked away, forgetting that his hand was still latched with the elder’s hence pulling him along towards the park. Eunhyuk shook his head in amusement and hastened his steps to match with the ecstatic Donghae.

* * *

A cool gust of wind blew across the park, creating beautiful ripples that spread out and eventually lapped at the river bank in a soothing rhythm. The trees made a swishy sound as numerous first leaves fell from the branches and danced along with the wind before quietly settling down on the brown earth. A few pink flowers also fell victim to the mischievous wind as they soared high in the sky before dropping down onto an unsuspecting Donghae.

Eunhyuk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter