Talk

Frozen Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ola peeps!! Welcome 6 subbies, and thankyu kiki-chan for your upvote!! :)

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

I don’t know what I just did but I hate myself for it.

I hated seeing my baby cry and know that I was the reason behind those precious tears. I hated breaking the one promise I kept making to my baby over and over again. I hated feeling like I couldn’t do anything about the stupid virus that was terrorising my baby. Worst of all, I hated this feeling of helplessness and hopelessness without him by my side.

I knocked myself on the head several times, hard. Stupid, pabo me. What in the world was I doing? Why did I even do what I did? How in the world did it happen? Did I really think that the two of us separating like this would solve all our problems?

Aishh. Pabo Hyuk.

I knew my baby wasn’t asleep yet because I could still hear him tossing about in bed. But it wasn’t like I was doing better than him anyway. I couldn’t sleep either. Just yesterday I was on euphoria for being back home with my precious baby after so long, and now I was trying to put some distance between the two of us. What was I even thinking??

The couch creaked rather loudly when I flipped to my left, trying to find a slightly more comfortable spot. I tensed when I heard the creak of the bedsprings and the soft pattering of feet to the bedroom door. I quickly shut my eyes and buried myself under the blankets I took out, pretending to be asleep. The last thing I needed now was to face him like this while I was still all confused, or else what little distance I was trying to put between us would dissolve almost immediately.

His footsteps stopped just three feet from my couch. I peeked out from the pile of blankets and noticed his tear-stained face. He was biting on his bottom lip so hard that it looked like it might bleed anytime soon. I felt the guilt eating me alive but I told myself I had to do this. It was for the better, I tried convincing myself.

Hae just stood there in silence, occasionally sniffing back a tear or two. I decided to fake waking up and ask him what’s wrong. (Who was I kidding, everything was wrong.) Just as I was about to put my plan into action, he spoke up.

“I know you’re awake, Hyukkie.”

I didn’t respond, but I could hear my heartbeat quicken.

“Please don’t ignore me. I just want to know something.”

He shifted his weight between his legs and then spoke again in a quivery voice.

“Do you… do you still… love me?”

My eyes widened. Why would he be asking such a question?

“Are… are you tired of me already?”

I was frozen on the spot. Every inch of my body wanted to get up and yell “NO!!!” but I couldn’t seem to move at all. He continued in such a small voice that I had to strain my ears to hear him.

“I’m sorry, Hyukkie, if you think I’m not worthy of you anymore. I can’t help it; I was born and bred this way. Maybe it’s because I can’t meet up to your standards, so you get tired of me already. I’m sorry for being so clingy and touchy. I’m sorry for barging in your life like this. If… if you don’t like me anymore, I– I can just move out and– and go back to where I came from… We’ll just return to being mere colleagues and no longer b– boyfriends… I– I think that’s the best solution if you don’t want me around anymore… I’m sorry for being so useless… I’m sorry for being so dense and stupid… I’m sorry for everything wrong I did… I’m sorry for loving you… I’m so sorry… I– I can just move out today if you want, th-then we can forget everything that happened between us for the last six months… Or maybe I should just transfer to another branch lab and never come back again… I… I…”

“STOP!!!!” I sat up and screamed, feeling my cheeks getting wetter and wetter by the second. “STOP STOP STOP!!! JUST STOP SAYING THOSE THINGS!!!”

“But I… I don’t want you to force yourself… to love me… I can move out…” He fell to the floor on his knees in a sobbing mess before taking off his ring and handing it to me. “You don’t have to love me if you don’t–”

“DAMMIT HAE JUST STOP SAYING THAT!!” I yelled at him.

“THEN WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?? I DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE DOING TO ME RIGHT NOW BUT I KNOW IT HURTS, HYUKKIE, IT H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter