Missing

Frozen Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Welcome 4 new subbies!! And thanks to DannyJ for upvoting!! ^_^

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

Five minutes. Five minutes was just way too long. Too long to be away from my baby. We had been practically joined to the hip ever since the start of our vacation and I was so used to us doing everything together, that I was dying to see him again even though we only separated for a few minutes.

I returned to the performance arena where I left him and stopped short when I saw no Hae. I quickly rushed forward, hoping that he was probably just admiring the seals from another side of the tank but I never saw him even after circling the tank, twice. I started to panic. The aquarium was so big, Hae could be anywhere! I didn’t waste another moment as I started searching through the nearest aisles of fish tanks, hoping to catch a glimpse of him. I forced myself to stay calm and think rationally, instead of hyperventilating like I almost did. I bumped into a few workers and asked them if they had seen Hae, but all of them shook their heads and my heart started sinking deeper and deeper into the pit of my stomach.

I thought of calling him, but then my phone had died on me a long time ago. I mentally punched myself in the head when I realized that I had absolutely no means of contacting him. I spent nearly fifteen minutes looking high and low for my baby. But since the area was just too big, I couldn’t possibly cover the whole place on foot to look for Hae, especially since the aquarium was now starting to get more and more crowded with people.

In desperation, I decided to take another last look in the performance arena as a last resort. Perhaps he had gone off somewhere and already returned, and he was still waiting for me there. Slim chance, I know, but it was possible. I hastened my footsteps. If he really wasn’t there, then I’d probably have to seek help from the workers to look for him.

The arena was as quiet as when I left since there weren’t going to be anymore shows for today. I walked towards the seal tank and started going around it. To my surprise, I found Hae sitting quietly on the ledge of the tank. Relief washed over me and I let out a huge sigh. I ran towards him with my arms open and hugged him tighter than I ever hugged him before, lifting him high up in the air.

“HAE BABY, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN??” I exclaimed, feeling a single tear roll down my cheek. “I’ve been looking everywhere for you!!”

He let out a faint squeak when I lifted him. “Hyukkie, put me down!!”

“Not until you tell me where you’ve been.”

“I didn’t really go anywhere!!”

“But I didn’t see you when I came here to look for you.”

“I was… I was uhh, at the other side of the… the tank. Yeah, I was at the other side of the tank. That’s why you didn’t see me.”

Hae mumbled the last sentence. I looked at him rather suspiciously but he refused eye contact with me. Something told me he wasn’t really telling me the truth, but I decided to let it go and finally put him down. I ruffled his head and he glared at me for messing his hair up.

“Shall we go, baby?”

“I told you I’m not a baby anymore, Hyukkie.”

“Hae?”

“I don’t want to go yet,” he muttered rather quietly.

I tried to think of something to cheer him up, since he looked kind of down. “Perhaps we could go to the gift shop? We could buy some souvenirs there. I know there’s one because it’s on the map.”

His eyes brightened at the mention of souvenirs. “Can we go?”

I smiled. “Of course, my little baby Hae.”

He rolled his eyes at me and then tugged at my sleeve. “To the gift shop!!!” He yelled, charging towards the exit at twenty miles

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter