Experimenting

Frozen Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lots of you guys requested for Eunhae after the last chapter came out. Haha sorry, I was kind of trying to bring back Kyumin in the story because I abandoned them since chapter 15, I think. I just thought I wanted to be fair... Don't worry, this chapter now is purely Eunhae. No more too-intimate Kyumin anymore. ;)

Welcome 2 new subbies... :D 

**Unbeta-ed. Please tell me if you find any spelling or grammar mistakes because I'm getting lazier and lazier by the day. Idon'tknowwhat'shappeningtomeLOL...

 

Author’s POV

“Baby, are you alright?” asked Eunhyuk worriedly, when he noticed that Donghae was spacing out.

“Hmm?” The younger blinked a few times. “What?”

“I asked if you’re alright. You look kind of pale.”

“I’m alright, I guess. I just… it’s just taking up a lot of concentration… and I haven’t been sleeping well lately…” The dark circles under his eyes were proof enough.

“Come here, you. You need to rest.” Eunhyuk dropped what he was doing and embraced the younger in a warm hug. Donghae complied and nestled his head against his boyfriend’s chest, taking in huge breaths of air through his mask.

“Do you want me to sing you to sleep?” Feeling his head bobbing up and down, Eunhyuk began to sing softly all the kiddie songs he could remember. He gently caressed Donghae’s head while sneaking in a few kisses (through the mask) on the forehead when he changed songs. Donghae closed his eyes and smiled, enjoying every song his boyfriend sang to him in his melodious voice. He felt better almost immediately.

“Hyukkie…” Donghae mumbled sleepily. “I’m gonna fall asleep.”

“Then sleep,” said Eunhyuk, leaning against the wall. “I think we both deserve a break after working so long.”

The younger nodded slowly, his breathing slowly becoming regular.

“I love you.”

* * *

Donghae woke up on the couch in Eunhyuk’s private office. He yawned sleepily as he sat up and rubbed his eyes. Eunhyuk was sitting at his desk with his head buried in papers, a worried frown creasing his face. He looked up when he heard movement, and the frown on his face was replaced instantly with a bright gummy smile.

“Up already, Hae baby?”

“Mmh. That was the best sleep I ever got in days,” Donghae replied, getting off the comfortable couch and making his way to the desk. “What are you looking at?”

“Reports.”

“Oh?”

“Kibum sent them in. They isolated the phage from the bacteria and tried infecting other animal cells with it, but nothing happened. So far, they’ve tried it on rats, guinea pigs, pigeons and even fish. No success thus far.”

“I hope they just used cells and not the whole animal.”

“Of course, we aren’t that cruel. We just needed to find out if the phage would act up if they were introduced to others instead, so we could perhaps determine the nature of the phage. Plus, if these animal cells showed no changes at all, that means if by some means the phage starts terrorizing people… well at least just humans and dolphins are at risk.”

Eunhyuk paused for a while, scratching his head. “Well, it’s not like that’s much of a consolation either. Aish this stupid phage. I don’t even know if I should call it a phage or a virus now. Sometimes it behaves like a bacteriophage; other times it’s like a plain virus to me.” He exhaled loudly and leaned back against his office chair, rubbing his temples as he did so. “It’s driving me bananas.”

Donghae pattered over to the chair and placed his hands on both Eunhyuk’s shoulders. He began kneading the tense muscles with his skilled fingers, drawing contented moans from his boyfriend.

“Ahh, right there… Mmhhhh… That sure hit the spot… Ooohh…”

The younger couldn’t hold back a grin when he realized just how ual his boyfriend sounded now, emitting the moans and groans in such a sensual way. He pinched the back of Eunhyuk’s neck and massaged there for a while, making the latter feel a little dizzy, but i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter