Promised

Frozen Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm back!!!!!!

Oh look, WiFi!!!!!!

Oh wow, laptop!!!!!!!

Happy author is happy. xDD

Welcome 9 new subs and thanks to EunhyuradeLuffy for upvoting!! :D

 

Donghae’s POV

Hyukkie.

Hyukkie.

Hyukkie.

Please don’t leave me.

Come back.

Please.

I’m sorry.

Hyukkie…

You promised we’d be together forever.

Please…

I love you.

* * *

“H-Hyukkie…”

I opened my eyes. Slowly. Painfully. As his nickname rolled off my tongue, tears rolled down my cheeks as well.

Hyukkie.

Is he gone… forever?

I took in the glaringly bright lights hanging above my head and also the unusually familiar whitewashed walls in front of my face. Where was I? Somehow I felt like I’ve been in here before. But I never let myself think much about it because all I could think of was Hyukkie, Hyukkie and Hyukkie.

What did the doctor say?

“I’m sorry, we tried all we could.”

No.

This can’t be it.

Hyukkie can’t be gone.

He promised.

Hyukkie wouldn’t break a promise like that.

I know it.

“Hyukkie…” I tried to sit up, only just realizing that I was on a hospital bed with white crinkly sheets beneath me.

Oh.

So that’s why it felt so familiar. I’ve been here, twenty years ago.

 

 “NOOOO!!!!!!” I heard Minnie hyung scream. “Noooo… Hae…”

“H-hyung…”

 

I sighed, hugging my knees. Why was it all happening to me? First I lose both my parents and now I lose Hyukkie as well? Someone up there must really hate me so much. Why did it all have to happen to the people I loved the most?

I closed my eyes and rocked myself to and fro, imagining it was Hyukkie hugging me and comforting me. I remembered his soothing strawberry smell and I cried again, almost thinking I could actually faintly smell it. I must really miss him so much.

No, I told myself. I can really smell strawberries. Either Teukie hyung bought me strawberries, or he’s really here.

Please let it be the latter.

The hospital room was quite big and I think it was separated into two partitions by thick curtains. They were drawn shut, but I thought I could smell strawberries from behind the curtains.

Curiosity got the better of me. I didn’t dare to get my hopes up just in case they came crashing all the way down again. But still, I had to check it out.

I got off the bed rather shakily and quickly found my shoes before getting off the bed with a gentle creak.

My heart thumped louder and louder as I neared the curtains separating me and the next partition. The strawberries smell grew stronger. I almost dared not look because I didn’t know how much of a disappointment I could handle.

I finally dared to take a peek. My heart stopped.

Hyukkie.

Hyukkie.

HYUKKIE!!!!!

Hours of laying around in bed must have done wonders to my poor foggy brain. It took me too long to register that it really was Hyukkie. His eyes were still closed but I could see his chest moving up and down, plus the regular fogging of the oxygen mask on his face just confirmed that he was alive, and breathing. I couldn’t contain myself any longer.

“Hyukkie…” I half-whispered, not daring to believe it was real. I didn’t want to suddenly wake up from this dream, if it was a dream.

I took small careful steps towards his bed. He looked so peaceful sleeping, I tried keeping quiet so he wouldn’t suddenly wake up, because he barely had enough sleep for the past few days. I reached out a hand to grab his cold hands, caressing his forehead with the other.

Hyukkie’s eyes slowly fluttered open, and I could see my reflection in his dark brown eyes with confusion written all over it. He tilted his head to look at me.

“Hae…?”

“Hyukkie…”

I lost it. Hot tears fell freely from my eyes and I sobbed uncontrollably.

“You’re alright…”

Hyukkie’s gaze never left me as he slowly nodded his head. I harshly rubbed away the freefalling tears with my sleeve and made a huge mess in the process. I gave him a wry smile. He slowly inched his way to the side of the bed and then seemed to invite me on the bed with his pleading eyes. I climbed onto his bed and rested my head on his shoulder, taking in huge gulps of his telltale strawberry scent I now loved even more.

I could feel him my head and I snuggled even closer to him, burying myself into his arms. I fell asleep almost immediately, feeling secure in the safest place in the world.

He was alright.

Hyukkie was alright.

He didn’t break our promise.

We can be together… forever.

* * *

Kangin’s POV

“Aww, Kanginnie, just look at the both of them. Aren’t they just the cutest together?”

I popped my head between the curtains and looked where Jagi was pointing at. He was grinning widely at the sight of both my dongsaengs cuddled together on Hyuk’s tiny hospital bed. Although it looked rather cramped, but I could see that they both didn’t mind, judging from the smile on both their faces. I shook my head in amusement. Jagi just couldn’t stop ‘aww-ing’ at the ‘adorable sight’ because they ‘finally found love in each other’s arms’.

“Jagiya, you’re gonna make them blush in their sleep if you keep saying things like that. Let’s just leave them alone until they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter