Antidote

Frozen Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys!! Today's update is a little short... And I decided to expand the ending (blame me for being so long-winded) so there'll be a few more chaps after this... :P

Welcome 8 new subbies!! ^_^


 

 

Author’s POV

“What’s this I’m hearing about cyanide??”

“Potassium cyanide, boss,” Eunhyuk answered. “I used it to form an antidote for the virus.”

“Is this the reason why my best marine animal behaviourist is still in coma right now, Lee Eunhyuk-sshi?”

Eunhyuk cringed at his boss’ tone. He could see that the boss was very angry behind that somewhat calm demeanour. “N-No sir, I didn’t give Leeteuk hyung the cyanide one. I gave him another kind, of sodium chloride. It’s perfectly harmless, sir.”

“How sure are you?” The boss rubbed his fingers on his forehead, a sure sign of his frustration and agitation. “You do know, Eunhyuk-sshi, that you do NOT simply prescribe any kind of drug or antidote to anyone without the FDA’s approval? Some of them have heard about it and they’re coming to check the rumours about us developing an illegal drug. I know you were doing it with good intentions, but what ever made you even think of using it without running tests first?”

“In all defence, boss, I did run tests for the antidotes, both of them. Actually I was planning to dispose of the cyanide one and only tell you about the other, because I was pretty sure you wouldn’t have approved of it anyway. And yesterday was an emergency; I did it with Kangin hyung’s agreement. I know this looks bad for the antidote because hyung still hasn’t woken up yet, however it is obvious that he stopped heating up immediately after I administered the injection into him. In fact he is not in coma, sir; he is only unconscious. I believe he will wake up again after a while. Please give me some more time,” Eunhyuk asked, looking at his boss with determined eyes.

His boss sighed. “I would, if only the FDA people weren’t coming to check our labs tomorrow. I don’t want to get you into trouble, Eunhyuk-sshi, you’re one of my best staff and I’d hate to lose you. Although it seems like this virus is getting out of hand, I still want you to play it safe. Don’t give any more injections to anyone, please. I don’t want any of my staff to fall into unconsciousness again. Please dispose the cyanide version of the antidote and then give me a full description of the salt one you speak of. Go now.”

“I understand sir, I’m sorry. I’ll be going now.” Eunhyuk bowed and then exited the main office. He found Donghae outside waiting for him and the creases on his forehead immediately smoothened out. “Hae,” he said, enveloping the younger into a hug. “Were you waiting for me?”

Donghae nodded, closing his eyes and letting his head rest against the elder’s chest. “What did he say?”

“Mmh, he wasn’t very glad that I gave Teukie hyung the injection without asking him first.”

“Are you serious?” Donghae pulled away and looked into his boyfriend’s eyes. He saw dejection, disappointment, frustration, regret

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter