Injection

Frozen Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ALOHA!!! ^_^

Welcome 3 subbies, and many thanks to softspotforhae and Syaz1997 for upvoting!! :D

** UNbeta-ed. XP

 

 

Author’s POV

“Hyung.”

Kangin stirred and blinked, rubbing his eyes as he tried to focus on the two newcomers. “Hyuk?”

Eunhyuk smiled and approached the man who was now fiddling with his blankets. “How’s Teukie hyung?”

“He hasn’t woken up yet. But he’s still breathing, thank goodness.”

“Oh,” Eunhyuk walked towards the bed in the middle of the infirmary and took Leeteuk’s temperature. “Well, he doesn’t seem to be burning up anymore. But it’s a little low; below average, I’d say…”

“Perhaps it’s the air-conditioning. I set the temperature a little lower than usual.”

“I see. Hyung, do you want to grab something to eat? You’ve been here for so long. Hae and I can take care of Teukie hyung for a while.”

“Okay,” Kangin replied, standing up from his chair and stretching himself. Several loud ‘pops’ could be heard and he grimaced. “I’ll be back in a while. Thanks Hyuk, Hae.”

Eunhyuk sat himself down on the chair where Kangin previously was and gestured for Donghae to come closer. The younger did and landed with a plop on his lap. He held Leeteuk’s rather cold hand and rubbed the freezing fingers, silently asking him to wake up.

After about five minutes of rubbing, Donghae felt the sleeping man stir. “Hyukkie, I think he’s waking up.”

Leeteuk slowly blinked his eyes open. He stared, confused, at the whitewashed walls. He tried to sit up but was gently held back by Eunhyuk. “Welcome back, hyung,” said Eunhyuk, tears of relief welling in his eyes.

“I’ll go find Kangin hyung. Be right back,” Donghae called, leaving the infirmary. Minutes later, Kangin came rushing in. “Jagiya, how are you feeling?” he asked, voice thick with emotion. Eunhyuk immediately stood up from the chair so Kangin could occupy it again.

“I’m a little confused, but otherwise I’m alright,” Leeteuk answered. He smiled when Kangin leaned in to peck his cheek, entwining their fingers together.

Eunhyuk held Donghae close to him, both of them witnessing their hyungs talking softly with each other. It was a rather touching scene, and Donghae couldn’t help shedding a few tears. “Your cure works, Hyukkie.”

Smiling, the elder patted him on the head affectionately. “Let’s give them some privacy and tell boss about the cure.”

* * *

Kibum’s POV

I knew something was wrong the moment five of my colleagues called in sick this morning. A little worried, I telephoned them, but it was the same answer given every time.

 

“I think I’m having a fever. Might be my allergies, though.”

“I feel so hot, I think I might be getting sick.”

“Nothing much, probably just a bug. It feels like I’m breathing fire.”

“Doctor told me it was just a fever, no worries.”

“I’m fine, just burning up a little.”

 

I scratched my head in confusion. So far, everybody implied that they were having a fever, and what coincidence was there that they all got sick at the same time, right after Teukie hyung’s collapse? I felt rather light-headed myself this morning, but I forced myself to get up and go to work as usual, because I was worried that Hyuk might not be able to cope with the antidote.

I decided to tell him about my colleagues’ weird bout of fever so I searched for him high and low. I only found Hae waiting patiently outside the boss’ office, and it occurred to me that where there’s a Hae, there’s always a Hyuk. I caught his attention from the other end of the hall, and asked him where Hyuk went. I think he finally understood my charades and pointed at the door, smiling.

Hyuk came out of the office just then. Based on the happy smile he was wearing, I assumed his meeting with the boss went well. I quickly caught up with them before they slipped away.

“Hyuk,” I started. “There’s something I need to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“Five people are missing today.”

“What do you mean, missing?”

“I called them up, and they all told me the same thing. Fever, it seems.”

“Fever?” Hyuk frowned, his brows scrunching together. “As in fever, fever?”

I rolled my eyes. “Yes, fever. That’s what all five of them told me. I think it’s rather suspicious, especially after what happened to Teukie hyung before.”

“Do you think they were infected too? How?”

That got me thinking for a while. Meanwhile, Hae piped up. “Were all five of them there when we found hyung in the supply room? Remember you pulled out a dish full of the virus. Perhaps the virus was airborne, and they caught

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter