Freeze

Frozen Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

** Welcome 2 new subs!! :D

Things are gonna get angsty because drama is finally happening!! I guess...? :P

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

We resumed work the next day. I couldn’t help humming to myself while working; I was still bathing in the afterglow of our absolutely unforgettable first date together. I scanned the lab and saw that Hae was clearly spacing out again at his station. I sneaked behind him without him noticing and cleared my throat loudly.

“Ahem, please get on with your work, Donghae.”

I held back my laughter as he got startled and snapped back to the present, frantically searching for his pen that mysteriously disappeared into thin air. I actually managed to snag the pen on the way. Behind him, I accidentally let out a giggle. Hae turned around and saw me holding his pen so he tried getting it back from me. I held it high in the air, and him being a little shorter than me, had to jump a little to try to get it back. I chuckled when he pouted.

“Hyukkie, I need my pen back!”

“Where’s my ‘hello’ kiss?”

He blushed. How could he get even more adorable by blushing? He stopped jumping and shyly placed a peck on my cheek. Dissatisfied, I shook my head. “You’ve gotta do better than that.”

Hae stood on tiptoe and met my gaze before connecting our lips for a fraction of a second. “There, now give me back my pen… Please, Hyukkie?”

I wanted to push him for another kiss, but he started showing me his big, wet and round eyes complimented with a cute little pout. I froze for a while when I saw his puppy dog eyes I have been seeing every night in my dreams. I guess Hae didn't know that his big, round and innocent eyes were one of my biggest weaknesses. He just looked so innocent and vulnerable, as if I had just stolen some candy from a little kid. Snapping out of it, I just grinned and handed the pen to him. “That’s not really fair you know, those puppy dog eyes of yours…”

My baby merely scrunched his face together and pulled his tongue at me. Aishh that kid.

Somehow, my thoughts went back to the memory of the washed up dolphin we witnessed just the day before. I couldn’t help wondering what caused its death; I guess so many years of being in the marine biology line just made me naturally curious.

* * *

 

Donghae’s POV

I felt a little funny throughout the day. It started with a slight headache after lunch, and that lasted for perhaps an hour or so. Then my arms started feeling numb and it was like I couldn’t feel them for a while. Most important of all, I kept shivering in the lab. I got a little worried, thinking perhaps I’d caught a cold or something. I excused myself from my station and went to the infirmary to look for a thermometer to take my temperature. What I saw scared me.

“32 degrees Celcius?!?!”

My eyes had to be playing tricks on me. I’d most probably be dead by now or totally frozen if my body temperature was really at 32°

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter