Kiss

Frozen Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hehe, sorry for not updating yesterday. I was on a drama-thon, watching Panda and Hedgehog the whole day... Hahaha ;D

Welcome 2 new subs!! (I was pretty sure there were 3 of you this morning... D': )

But on a happier note, thanks to both flying_art and ertHyuk for upvoting!! Saranghaeyo!! ^_^

 

Author’s POV

The next few days in the lab were totally busy for nearly all of them. Eunhyuk had come to the conclusion that the geometrical shapes were their main concern and he literally flipped through every single book in the library to look for information on them. Donghae, in the meantime, was kept on his heels assisting Kibum to isolate the phage and trying multiple ways to combat the symptoms they caused. Leeteuk and Kangin couldn’t help Eunhyuk on his work as they had been called in to help with a huge project in their department.

After going through his eighty-sixth book, Eunhyuk was already thoroughly frustrated. He hadn’t come up with any new information other than the fact that the shapes were probably mutated histones or something of the like. He still didn’t know why their shapes differed between him and Donghae. He decided that he should probably try to culture the mutated bacteria so he could study the phage even more closely, including their reproduction rate and all.

He left the library and entered the culture lab where he saw his boyfriend and Kibum fooling around. He frowned. “Hae?”

Donghae immediately turned around with a smile on his face. “Hyukkie!! I thought you’d never come!!”

Eunhyuk looked pointedly at the arm casually draped over Donghae shoulders and then back at his face, a few times. Donghae got the message and shrugged the arm off, giving Kibum an apologetic look. Eunhyuk then pulled him in for a long kiss, just to work off the frustration he had accumulated earlier in the library, and also to show Kibum that Donghae belonged to him, wholly. He didn’t like to share.

“What’s wrong with you?” Donghae whispered, when Eunhyuk pulled apart to breathe.

“I’m frustrated. And probably just a little jealous.”

“Tsk. You know I wouldn’t do anything of the sort.”

“But still.” Eunyhyuk kissed him again until Kibum had to clear his throat to remind them that they had an audience. The elder let go unwillingly. “Killjoy.”

Donghae lightly slapped him on the chest. “Let’s just get back to work.”

Kibum cleared his throat again, making Donghae giggle and Eunhyuk frown. “Did you want something, Hyuk?”

“Yes, I thought it would be easier if we cultured the bacteria instead of just examining the slides under the microscope. Then we could at least keep track of what they feed on, what their symptoms are and how they replicate, things like that. Think you can do that?”

Kibum nodded his head. “We’ve already isolated quite a number of those bacteria from both your samples of blood. They’re currently being incubated for a while, since I didn’t know if you’d want me to do it or not. I guess I’ll just take them out of the incubation box now.”

“Thanks, Kibum. I knew I could trust you.”

Donghae pouted, making Eunhyuk grin. “I helped too, you know?”

“I know,” said the elder, meeting their lips in a chaste kiss. “And thank you, too.”

“You guys. Please. Aish. People are watching, you know?” Kibum came out from the incubation room with a tray of petri dishes. “The bacteria are watching you, too. There must be millions and millions of them here, now.” He set the tray on the examination table.

“Really? How could you tell?”

“These white spots weren’t there when I put them in a few hours ago. I think the temperature was a little too suitable for these little mites over here. Perhaps I should just check and see.”

* * *

“That’s odd.”

“What’s odd?”

Kibum scratched his head and turned away from the microscope to look at Eunhyuk. “Hyuk, you said that yours was cylindrical while Hae’s was angular, right?”

“The last time I checked, yes. Why?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter