Gym

Frozen Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Annyeong!! Welcome 3 new subbies!! :D

 

Author’s POV

Donghae woke up shivering at the loss of heat next to him and blindly d around for something to cuddle into. His hand landed on the blue dolphin plushie beside him and he drew it in, wrapping his legs around the tail while hugging the head. He snuggled into the fluffy toy and closed his eyes, almost going back to sleep when it suddenly dawned on him that Eunhyuk wasn’t in the bed next to him.

He yawned and stretched his upper body, groaning upon hearing a few bones cracking in his body.

“Hyukkie, where – *yawn* – are you?”

No response.

He rubbed his eyes open and propped himself up in bed on his elbows. He tried sitting up and curled himself into a tight ball because it was quite a chilly morning. “Hyukkie?”

Still no response.

Donghae stole a glance at the clock which had its short hand pointing at eleven. He decided to get out of bed to look for Eunhyuk. He slipped out of bed and trudged towards the bathroom, thinking he should probably at least wash his face and fix his horrible bed hair that he caught sight of in the mirror.

He was brushing his teeth with his eyes half-open when he thought he heard a sound behind him. Startled, he quickly turned around, but it was just the sound of his dolphin plushie falling to the floor. He shrugged and turned back to facing the mirror to rinse his mouth before exiting the bathroom and walking towards the living room area.

There was no Eunhyuk in sight either, but Donghae saw a note attached to the television. He tore the sticky-note off the television frame and read it.

 

Hae baby,

I have some things to take care of and I won’t be back till evening. I’m sorry for not telling you yesterday. You can do anything you want in the hotel, but reserve tonight for me, alright? I’ll pick you up at six for dinner. Dress nicely, okay? I miss you already. :’)

Hyukkie.

 

Donghae sighed and pouted after reading the note. It was only a little after eleven now, and he had more than six more hours to wait till he could see Eunhyuk again. He thought he should get breakfast while he was up and perhaps pay a little visit to the hotel gym. He slipped into his sweatpants and a black wife beater before walking towards the hotel dining hall, locking his suite behind him.

He grabbed a muffin and a glass of orange juice at the buffet, finishing them in a few minutes. Then he picked up a small towel and headed towards the gym.

The gym instructor smiled at Donghae. The latter had been to the gym a few times before with Eunhyuk, and they had always done everything together, whether it was Donghae running on the treadmill with Eunhyuk watching, or Eunhyuk lifting weights with Donghae drooling. They never bothered with the gym instructor, but today since Donghae was alone, he decided to get some help from him.

He approached the instructor with a shy smile on his face. “Hi, um… My name… Donghae.”

The instructor returned his smile with one of his own. “Name’s Yesung. You can call me Yesung hyung.”

Donghae’s eyes widened. “You speak Korean?” he asked, reverting back to his native language.

The gym instructor nodded, leaning closer to Donghae. “Yeah, I came here to study since a few years ago, and I’m working in the meantime because I’m on break now. How about you?”

“I’m on vacation with my boyfriend. I’m pretty sure you’ve seen him around, right?”

Yesung nodded. “I have. He’s quite handsome, if I may say so myself. You’re one lucky guy,” he chuckled, making Donghae blush. “So, what do you want to do today?”

Donghae stopped playing with his fingers and looked at the instructor. “I was thinking of starting with something really basic, like normal push-ups and the like. I’ve got loads of time to kill.”

“Sure,” Yesung replied, leading the way to the workout mats.

* * *

Meanwhile, Eunhyuk was actually out running all kinds of errands to make sure that tonight would be the best night of their lives. He planned to finally declare his love for Donghae, and he wanted everything to be perfect: the dinner, the wine, and the show. The truth was, he happened to have a friend who had many connections in France, and he managed to pull a few strings so that he could have the most perfect and most memorable night together with his boyfriend, or at least he hoped so.

Eunhyuk rolled down and ticked off the items on his to-do list one by one until he finally came to a last un-ticked box: flowers. He didn’t know what kind of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter