Something

Frozen Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You guise are the best... *wipes away tears* I love you all so much... (╥◡╥)

Welcome 9 new subbies!! And also thanks to CrystalRose and LoveSHINeeSuJu for upvoting!! Yeah!!! \(-ㅂ-)/ ♥ ♥ ♥

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

Hae is fine.

Hae is fine.

Hae is fine.

Hae is fine.

I think.

 

I couldn’t stop thinking about Hae. Ever since the last time Teukie hyung mentioned his suspicions about Hae’s ostensible hypothermia, I never let him out of my sight. It’s true, the dolphins that contracted this mutated bacteria seemed to have fully recovered, but you could never be too sure. I could never be too sure. I guess I am rather overprotective of Hae. He’s my darling baby after all.

It was really weird that nobody actually wanted to research further and dig deeper into the incident. I meant, usually the whole lab would have been abuzz with people falling over themselves trying to find a cure or remedy or just something, about a new virus, bacteria, or discovery. As of now, only Teukie hyung and Kangin hyung were the one finding out as much as they could about the mutations, roping in me, Hae and a few others in my department. The rest of the people in the lab were as good as none, since they apparently were more interested in teaching fish how to talk than doing research on a possible mutagen threat.

Just don’t ask me how.

* * *

I peered into the lens of the microscope. On the stage was a sample of Hae’s blood on a slide. I was busy examining the slides, trying to see if there were any similarities between his blood and also the ‘dead’ dolphins’ blood. Although technically E. coli were mostly found in the gut, Teukie hyung said that there might be a chance of their presence in Hae’s blood because he found some in the dolphins’ blood. I figured it would be easier to stick a needle into Hae’s finger (ouch!) than to stick it into his gut (double ouch!!).

After somewhat examining both slides for nearly an hour to no avail, I slumped back against my chair and let out a deep sigh. I never slept a wink last night because I was too busy worrying about Hae. I spent the night just watching him sleep in my embrace, and although I was dead tired in the morning, it somehow calmed me down a bit, knowing that he was alright. But then, who was I kidding? His last hypothermia attack was months ago. If he didn’t show any symptoms then, he certainly wouldn’t show any symptoms now, right?

I winced and held my pounding head in my hands. Coffee. I needed coffee.

“Hey, I missed you, Hyukkie.”

I raised my head to a glorious smell of coffee right in front of my nose. I took in a deep breath.

“Mm… Ahhh. Just what I needed.” I took the steaming cup from his hands. “Thanks, baby.”

Hae grinned. “What did you need? Coffee, or me?”

“Coffee.”

I took a sip from the cup, noting his sudden change in expression. He was about to turn and walk away when I grabbed his hand. “Did I say coffee? I totally meant you.”

“You meant coffee,” he pouted.

“You didn’t let me finish… I uhh…”

“I’m waiting.”

I couldn’t come up with a good save so I just pulled him on top of me for a tight hug. “I love you.”

He didn’t say anything but I thought I heard a chuckle. I slipped my hands into his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter