Dinner

Frozen Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* Welcome 2 new subs!! You guys just make my day so much happier... ლ(o◡oლ)

** Thanks to EunHaeKyuMin1996 for upvoting!! You know I love you too!! ^_^

 

Sungmin’s POV

“Here boy, this will help you sleep,” the nurse approached my bed and handed me a small, white pill along with a glass of water. I shook my head profusely, I couldn’t do it. I didn’t want to go to sleep, not when my darling brother was still in a critical condition. Hae was in the bed next to mine in this intimidating white room that smelled of too much disinfectant. His head was wrapped up in bandages and both his left arm and leg were done up in casts. I couldn’t stop my tears from flowing down my face. I brought up a bandaged hand to wipe them away but they still continued to fall. I tried sitting up by myself to get a better look at my brother but the stubborn nurse held me down and tried to force me to take the pill. I thrashed about in bed, not wanting to do anything she told me but then she suddenly reached out for a needle and syringe and jabbed me in the arm. I screamed so loudly even that even more nurses came running from outside. I was still thrashing like a mad man but eventually my vision became blurry and I felt my breathing slow down. My eyelids were starting to fail me and I couldn’t bear with it any longer. Tears fell freely from my eyes as I heard a loud wail replacing the regular beeping sound on the machine monitoring Hae’s heartbeat.

“NOOOO!!!!!!” I screamed, flailing my arms about. “Noooo… Hae…” Sweat was pouring out from my face, mingling with the tears trailing down my face. I suddenly felt someone embracing me and I cried out, struggling to break free.

“Shhh, Minnie darling, it’s alright. I’m here,” a warm soothing voice said into my ear.

My eyes bolted open and I saw it was Kyu who was hugging me. I stopped struggling and wailed into his chest, unable to control my emotions anymore. Kyu ran a comforting hand up and down my back, not letting me go from his embrace. He leaned in and placed a chaste kiss on my forehead, finally managing to calm me down.

“Bad dream?” Kyu whispered lightly, now gently rocking me up and down on the bed.

“I saw Hae… I thought… He’s not around anymore… I can’t… I thought… It—it keeps haunting me… I can’t forget it… Kyu…” I hiccupped.

“Shhh, Minnie he’s alright, the doctors said he’s alright now… It’s not like in the past… He won’t leave us again, he’s a real fighter Min, you know that.”

“I just can’t get that scene out of my head… You know after we lost our parents in that crash, I—I almost lost him as well, and they almost took me away from him… I just – I can’t…”

“I know baby, that’s why you hated hospitals. But Hae’s alright now, he’s just in the next room, nobody will ever take you away from him again, Minnie, I promise,” Kyu then leaned in to tilt my chin up so he could plant a small kiss on my lips. I smiled a little and sighed, hugging his neck.

“I should probably check on Hae now, Kyu. Thanks, I love you.”

“I love you too.”

* * *

Author’s POV

Donghae slowly opened his heavy eyes and blinked a few times to clear his blurry sight. He recognized the sapphire blue wall in front of him and came to realize that he was in his own bed at home, tucked in snugly under the blankets. He glanced to the left and saw his brother sitting on his chair, head slightly drooped, probably asleep. Donghae stirred and tried to get up on his own. He didn’t account for a splitting headache to suddenly appear and groaned, holding his head in his hands. Sungmin woke up from his disturbed sleep and hurriedly walked over to the younger, wrapping him with another blanket and holding him tight.

“Thank goodness you’re awake, Donghae,” Sungmin sighed.

The younger lifted his eyes to meet his brother’s tired and disheveled face and felt a slight pang of guilt. He didn’t know what happened, but he knew that he was part of the reason for the eye bags under his brother’s eyes.

“What… what happened, hyung?” Donghae whispered softly.

Not letting him go, Sungmin slowly his brown locks and held him even closer.

“We don’t know, Eunhyuk just found you lying on the floor with an abnormally low temperature in the lab yesterday. Do you feel better now?”

Donghae widened his eyes at the mention of Eunhyuk’s name. He pulled away from Sungmin’s embrace and faced him. “Where’s Hyukkie?”

“He went back to work today. But he spent the whole

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter