Courage

Frozen Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is twice as long as my usual wordcount... Took me so long to beta it... =.=

I hope you enjoy reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it!! :)

** Welcome 3 new subbies!! :D

***Special awesome thanks to JungMaeRi for upvoting!! I <3 you so much!!! ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆

 

Author’s POV

Later that day, a very red-faced Donghae and an awkward Eunhyuk were back in the lab, working together on a few microscope slides. Donghae kept stealing glances at Eunhyuk from time to time, turning a little redder at every glance, while Eunhyuk was trying his very hardest to focus on his work, but instead scenes from before kept replaying and replaying in his head.

 

*Flashback*

“Hae?”

“Eunhyuk – I mean Hyukkie…”

“Uhh, what are you doing here?”

“I… I… uhh…” Donghae looked like he was going to faint anytime.

Eunhyuk’s eyes traveled down Donghae’s face and stopped at his lips. He unconsciously his lips and lowered his head a little more as if he wanted to kiss him. Donghae shut his eyes tightly and just waited for something, anything to happen. He could already feel Eunhyuk’s raspy breath on his lips. Just a little bit more…

“E-excuse me sir?”

Eunhyuk’s eyes flew open and he almost jumped off Donghae. He looked up to see the janitor staring down at them. “W-what…? Why are you here?”

“Sir, I’m here to clean the tanks as always,” he pointed at the cart behind him before continuing. “So, um, may I ask what were you two doing on the floor?” He held out his hands to help the both of them up. Donghae was on the verge of fainting while Eunhyuk cast uneasy glances at both Donghae and the janitor. Sensing that he shouldn’t push any further, the janitor just chuckled a bit before going back to clean the tanks.

*Flashback end*

 

The awkward atmosphere from earlier was still there, and neither one of them felt obliged to say anything to each other. Both felt worried for different reasons; Eunhyuk was wondering if Donghae actually heard every single thing he ‘told’ Nemo, plus he also didn’t know what came over him to almost kiss Donghae like that. Meanwhile Donghae didn’t know how to approach Eunhyuk after the near-kiss, and also wondered if he was mad at him for eavesdropping. They sat in the suffocating silence, with only the sound of the ticking of the wall clock maintaining their sanity. The other staff sensed something wrong and nobody dared to disturb them.

Five minutes before the both of them could finally call it a day, the doors to the lab burst open and a very happy, singing and dancing Leeteuk pranced in, dragging along Kangin who was staggering behind. The poor latter was trying not to trip over his own feet while being pulled and pushed by the former and also avoiding banging into the tables, chairs, microscopes and display glass. The whole lab watched in amusement as the duo noisily made their way towards where Eunhyuk and Donghae were gaping at them.

“Eunhyuk deeeeeeaaaarrrrrr…!!” Leeteuk exclaimed loudly before suddenly letting go of Kangin (making him stumble across the table, trip over the chair and land with a loud ‘oof!!’ on the ground right on his ). Leeteuk jumped on Eunhyuk, hugging him like a koala bear and almost squeezing the life out of him. Eunhyuk was still dazed until Leeteuk jumped him and he quickly held onto the table to prevent himself from falling over.

“Can’t… breathe… hyung…” He wheezed. Leeteuk loosened his hold on him but still clung onto him for dear life. Eunhyuk wondered just what got into his hyung to make him behave like this, giggling into his chest like a shy five year-old kid.

In the meantime, Donghae was helping Kangin to get up from the cold, hard floor where Leeteuk conveniently left him. Donghae couldn’t help laughing at him as he pulled the big man upright before brushing dust off his pants and making sure he was alright by making him sit on a chair. Kangin groaned audibly when his made contact with the surface and tried to cover his red face in embarrassment.

Eunhyuk stole a glance at both of his hyungs before suddenly guffawing out so loud that even Donghae and the rest of the people in the lab got startled. Donghae grinned at his outburst. Just as he was about to ask everyone to please get on with their work, the clock chimed five and everyone immediately started filing out of the lab, leaving only the four of them behind.

Eunhyuk dropped down to a nearby chair in exhaustion when Leeteuk finally let go of him. The latter then walked over to Kangin and cooed at him, softly apologizing for what happened just now. Kangin just peeked at him through his fingers before burying his face in his hands again, making Leeteuk laugh a little.

Both Eunhyuk and Donghae watched the two lost in their own world for a moment before Eunhyuk purposely cleared his throat a little too loudly for them to hear.

“So may I ask what happened, hyung?”

Leeteuk stopped tugging at Kangin’s fingers and finally settled down on a chair n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter