Fever

Frozen Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Welcome 5 new subs!! (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

 

Author’s POV

After an uneventful day in the lab, Eunhyuk was dead tired. He hadn’t slept a wink for the last 48 hours and he had spent his whole day in the lab staring into microscopes. His eyes hurt, his head hurt, his entire body hurt. He nearly walked into a wall twice and would definitely have ended up with a flattened nose if Donghae didn’t pull him away at the last possible second.

“Goodness, Hyukkie you’ve got to be more careful!! What’s wrong with you today?” Donghae clutched onto Eunhyuk’s arm after the second near-accident and led him towards the exit. “I don’t think you should drive in this condition. Give me your car keys, I’ll drive us back.”

They made it back to the apartment in one piece; let’s just say Donghae wasn’t one of the best drivers out there. He had moved in with his boyfriend just a little under a week ago with much blessing from Sungmin. Donghae liked to think that Sungmin acted like that because he wouldn’t be around to mess up the house anymore (not that Sungmin was much of a clean freak anyway), and not because Sungmin would be able to get Kyuhyun to move in once he was gone.

Donghae opened the door and helped a semi-conscious Eunhyuk onto the couch. He already felt the burning skin under the layers of clothing and was gritting his teeth so he wouldn’t cry. No, he had to be strong for his boyfriend, especially when he was getting sick like this. He touched a cool hand to Eunhyuk’s feverish neck and forehead. Eunhyuk groaned and flinched at the touch. He was mumbling incoherent words to himself but Donghae was too busy rummaging through the cupboards looking for the first-aid kit to listen to what he was saying. He returned with a thermometer, two tablets and a glass of water. He slipped the thermometer into Eunhyuk’s half-open mouth before going off to look for ice cubes or an ice pack.

Donghae gently placed the cool ice pack on Eunhyuk’s forehead. The latter flinched again at the discomfort and tried to shake it off.

“Hyukkie, you’re burning up. Don’t move,” Donghae pleaded. He returned the ice pack to Eunhyuk’s forehead only to have it shaken off again.

“Please, for me? Don’t move; you won’t get better if you keep throwing it off…”

The thermometer read 38 degrees Celsius. At least it was just a normal fever. Donghae made Eunhyuk sit up and swallow the pills before dragging him into the bedroom and placing him on the bed. He undressed his bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter