Fainted

Frozen Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woah, double update within 24 hours. I know you guys love me. xD

 

Author’s POV

“I’VE GOT IT!!!”

The entire lab turned heads to look at Leeteuk. It was barely nine and people were just starting to fill into the lab. Some were even still rubbing traces of sleep in their eyes, at least until Leeteuk decided to burst through the doors and start hollering for Eunhyuk.

“EUNHYUK-AH!! WHERE ARE YOU???”

“Hyung!!” Leeteuk spun around to find Kibum tapping on his shoulder. “Would you mind keeping it down? It’s rather too loud for nine in the morning.”

“Sorry, but I have something important to tell Hyuk. Have you seen him?”

“Eunhyuk-sshi? No, I haven’t. But I thought I saw his name on the ‘excused’ list for today. Maybe he called in sick or something. Why don’t you call him instead?” Kibum suggested.

Leeteuk smiled. “Good idea, let me just get my phone…”

“Jagiya!!” Kangin ran into the lab puffing and panting, much to the amusement of Kibum. “You… left… your… phone… in my… car…” he gasped, panting for air. He recovered briefly. “It kept ringing all the way here. But I guess it's stopped now.”

Leeteuk checked his phone. “Three missed calls, all from Donghae? I wonder what happened?” He was just about to return the calls when the phone started ringing again.

“Yeoboseyo? Hae, are you alright?”

“Hyung… H-hyung…”

“What is it? Why are you crying? What happened? Why aren’t you guys at work today?”

“H-Hyuk… Hyukkie he… He’s sick… I-I don’t know w-what to do…”

“Hyuk is sick? What happened?”

“I d-don’t know, he was having f-fever and now he… he’s not…”

Leeteuk’s hands were getting sweaty. He could feel his gut sinking. Something was wrong, majorly wrong. “He’s not what, Hae?”

“He’s not b-breathing anymore…” Donghae’s wails and sobs could be heard all the way across the lab. Leeteuk froze and dropped the phone in shock. Not breathing anymore!?

“Jagiya? What’s wrong? What happened to Hyuk?” Kangin shook his frozen fiancé. “Jagiya!!” He panicked when tears started rolling down his cheeks. “What’s wrong?”

“Hae said… Hyuk stopped breathing…”

“WHAT???!!!”

“We need to go!! Kanginnie get your car keys!! Kibum-ah, I’m so sorry, please tell boss-nim that we’re leaving on an emergency.” Kibum nodded and flew to their boss’ office. In the meantime, Leeteuk was already flinging himself into the car. Kangin drove as fast as he dared towards Eunhyuk’s apartment. The guard, seeing that it was them, let them in without asking for ID. They had been to visit Eunhyuk many times before and he could recognise them already.

Both Kangin and Leeteuk arrived at the door shortly after. Donghae threw open the door and fell into Leeteuk’s arms, crying his heart out. Leeteuk pulled him into a motherly hug and led him to the couch, while Kangin went in directly to search for Eunhyuk. He entered the bedroom, immediately finding a paler-than-pale body on the bed.

Kangin rushed over and grasped Eunhyuk’s clammy hands. It was still warm, perhaps from the fever. Leeteuk had mentioned the fever in the car. He checked for all symptoms of breathing; his pulse, his heartbeat, his lips colour… anything to tell him that he was still alive. Kangin found a very weak and irregular pulse, almost unnoticeable, and finally let go of the bated breath he did not even know he was holding. Eunhyuk was stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter