Chapter 55

JUST Common Sense

Everyone settled outside where they grouped up into groups of threes. They were all going to go sightseeing, and cars were prepared just for that purpose. Some suggested they walk, and Yun Yi assured them that taking car would be much faster and mcuh more convenient considering the places they wanted to go to. 

Yixing went in a car with Xiumin and Suho, while Tao went with Chen and Kyungsoo. Yixing was headed to visit his family, and Xiumin and Suho decided to tag along, because Xiumin missed Yixing's family, as well as Yixing's mother's wonderful cooking, and it had been a while since Suho met Yixing's family.

Chen and Kyungsoo decided to tag with Tao just because they wanted to meet his family. It's been quite a while since Chen had some tea with Tao's father, and Kyungsoo wanted to meet the parents of Tao since it's been very long since he has seen them. Their parents have no idea that the boys are back, and they couldn't wait to see how the surprise goes.

The rest decided to go on a tour. Yun Yi volunteered to take the remaining fellows around the famous mall that's been a buzz lately, just to show them around so they wouldn't be bored.

After long hours of going around the mall, they took a rest at the food court where Kris and Yun Yi offered to buy food.

"My legs are killing me," Kyung whined, glad to finally be able to take a break from all of the walking.

"This is only the beginning," Chanyeol grinned his mighty grin. He was not tired yet. In fact, he was enjoying the mall. He had already bought so many things that it satisfied him. "We still have so much more things to explore."

"You have all of those bags and you're still going at it?" Baekhyun in a breath, impressed by the giant's loyalty to shopping.

Sehun shook his head in dismay. "This guy's crazy."

"Hey, it's not everyday that you get to go shopping in China," Chanyeol defended himself, clutching onto his bags for dear life.

The women laughed softly at their silly talk.

"We can come back tomorrow, Chanyeol," Yun Yi spoke with her fairly-well Korean. "I think you have too much bags to carry with you."

"She's right. Your arms are going to fall off." Kyung snickered.

Kai grinned and squeezed Eunbyul's hand before pulling her closer to him. "Are you tried?"

Her attention shifted to him, and she smiled. "I am, but I enjoyed it."

"Should we call it a day?" Kai asked out loud.

While everyone nodded, Chanyeol sulked shaking his head. 

"We'll come back tomorrow, Yeol. You're such a baby when it comes to shopping." Baekhyun sneered.

"You're worse than Tao when he sees Gucci," Sehun commented, a comment that everyone laughed at.

"Okay, okay! Fine, we can call it a day, but take back your comment about me being more worse than Tao because I'm certainly not. No one can be worse than Tao when he sees Gucci." Chanyeol argued after a long sigh.

The group cheered from the made decision, leaving Chanyeol to be the only one sulking.

 

 

His pencil dropped from his hand as he nodded off. Soft snores could be heard from him and the pencil that dropped made as it softly landed on the carpeted floor.

Luhan had been studying all night for his Calculus 2 exam that would take place next monday. Usually, Luhan understood math very well, but lately, he wasn't understanding anything, so he felt he needed all the time in the world to study in order to pass that exam.

"Luhan, your mother called!" His aunt shouted from downstairs.

For a  family so small with a house so gigantic, his aunt's family were really loud and irregular from other wealthy families who ten to take class compared to them. If anyone were to meet his aunt and her family, they would've thought that they were just in the middle class who didn't like spending money on expensive things. But that  was wrong, because his aunt and her family were the top notch in the higher class and they definitely loved spending money, but they don't spend money on just anything. They spent money to buy clothes and food, and they donated them. Then they donated money to even larger corporations to feed the hunger.

His aunt and her family were the wealthy ones who liked to give back, and that was what he loved about his wealthy aunt and her family. They weren't greedy and selfish like other wealthy families.

"Luhan?" His aunt called again when she didn't hear him reply.

She jogged up the stairs and knocked on his door.

Luhan jumped with a gasp before registering the fact that he had fallen asleep, studying.

"Luhan, are you in there?" His aunt called once more.

Realizing that he had fallen asleep, and knowing he needed to sleep, Luhan yawned before he answered his aunt. "I'm in here. Come in."

She opened the door with a grin. "Your mother called. She said she's been calling you but you haven't been answering. Is something up?"

He returned the gesture of a warm smile as he shook his head. "Nothing's up. I've just been studying. I'll call her soon. Thanks for telling me."

His aunt nodded, and she looked around his empty room. "This is why you keep falling asleep when you study. Your room is so dull and blank. You need more color in your life, honey."

Luhan didn't mind the dull whiteness of his room. In fact, he'd rather keep this room white. It wasn't originally his room anyways, and he think the owner of this bedroom would like it better if he kept it this way. "It's fine. I like white anyways, and I think Xiao Hu would like it if I keep it white."

His aunt gasped, then she laughed. "Xiao Hu wouldn't mind anything if you decide to change the room up! He's dorming four hours up north anyways. It's not like he's coming back anytime soon."

Xiao Hu was her oldest son, same age as Luhan, who actually got along very well with Luhan. Luhan originally lived with Xiao Hu's family, and he had a room in this house, but last year when he told them he was moving back to Seoul for sure, they decided to turn Luhan's old room into Xiao Hu's future nephew's room. In other words, a baby-play room.

Xiao Hu's younger brother, Xiao Lu, who was only one year younger, got married to a loving lady two years ago, right when he finished with high school, and now, they were expecting a baby boy in just a few months. When Luhan ended up coming back without notice, they couldn't help but give Luhan Xiao Hu's empty room. It all worked out anyways, but Luhan still felt bad that he was interfering like this.  

"Would you like to come down for some snacks first and study later? I think you need the rest," his aunt offered.

Luhan thought about it and grinned. "I'll come down in a few minutes. Let me clean up the space first."

When his aunt retreated down the stairs, Luhan yawned again and rubbed his eyes. He began piling up all of his assignments, putting them away neatly in their folders, and he picked up his pencil that he relaized had fallen from his loosened grip. He made sure the desk was neat and clean before he followed downstairs to where he was surprised with a visit from her.

"Yun Yi? What are you doing here?" Luhan questioned as he approached her and the snack of trays. "Where's my aunt?"

"She's out in the garden," Yun Yi replied as she picked up a rice cake. "And I came because I just wanted to see how you're doing."

Luhan walked over and sat beside her as he picked up a snack and began chewing it. "I'm dying."

Of course, Yun Yi didn't take him so literally. "That's nice to hear, I guess."

A laugh emitted from Luhan, and he shook his head at her sarcasm. "Have you been busy lately? You haven't been coming around a lot. Are you parents putting you to work?"

Yun Yi pursed her lips, carefully choosing her answer. "My grandmother's the one putting me to work, so I guess it's like I'm busy, but I'm having fun, so I'm okay with that."

"What is she making you do?" Luhan was slightly curious, only becuase it's not like her grandmother to do such a thing. 

"It's not anything serious or hard to work with." Yun Yi popped the last bit of her piece of snack into . "Talking about that, do you think you have time this Saturday? I'm throwing a small, unprofessional party."

"A party?" Luhan was never one into parties. "What's the occasion?"

She shrugged in response. "Just, you know, haven't had one in a while, so why not? I promise, it's not business related. It's just going to be us and a few others. It's not a big party at all. I'd say less than a hundred people."

Luhan snickered at her choice of words. "Really? Small? Not big at all? Less than a hundred people?" His emphasis was quite obvious, and she had to give him props for realizing that's not a small number at all.

"Okay, well, it's not going to be huge, huge, huge one like other parties, alright? This party is just going to be a chill party. Alcohol served to a minimum, because no one's leavaing this party drunk. Maybe slightly tipsy, but not drunk. No. Big X. Huge no. And I made sure to tell my maids to keep cherries out of the drinks and food, all because you're alergic to it, so if you don't come, then that'd be a waste, because you know how much I love cherries."

Luhan softly chuckled. 

He had almost forgotten that he was once in love with this lady sitting next to him. "Alright, I got it. I'll cancel any plans I made for this Saturday just to come to your party."

"Awesome!" She sung with glee. "Party starts at 6PM. I haven't exacty chosen where it will be held yet, but I'll let you know by tomorrow. Dinner will be served, so you don't have to worry about that. I know I said unprofessional, but the dresscode is semi-formal... You know, maybe I will change it formal. Kris was suggesting that it be formal anyways, so I should change it to formal, right? Do you think that'd be better?"

"Kris?" Luhan caught his name immediately, and the smile that was once on his face vanished.

Yun Yi silently cursed herself. It's been a few days since Kris and the others arrived in Beijing, and being around them felt so natural. She had almost forgotten that Luhan has no idea they're here. "Yeah... Kris. Kris Liu, a friend of mines from my Calculus 2 class. Do you know him too?" She saved herself, and she hoped Luhan would buy the lie, because she had no such person as a Kris Liu in her class. In fact, there was no such person as Kris Liu in her life at all.

"Oh."

He bought it, and Yun Yi silently thanked the gods.

She cleared ehr throat. "So, formal or semi-formal?"

"Define semi-formal. You tend to have a less defined vocab for your choice of dresscodes." Luhan reached for another piece of rice cake.

"Semi-formal. No jeans. Keep it classy." Yun Yi in a breath. So how was so to describe a term she thought evryone understood. "Uh. You know, the usual."

Luhan lightened up. "If I were you, I'd just go with semi-formal then. If you have people wear formal for some party meaning to chill and relax, it just clashes together."

"Wow, you make sense," Yun Yi nodded as if she had heard the most intelligent thing ever. "I'll let my good friend, Kris, know that. Thanks."

Luhan shook his head with laughter. "Yeah, it'll be something to meet this guy at your party. I'm looking forward to it."

Yun Yi internally panicked, but she laughed it off. "Haha! Yes, definitely. Well, I stopped by to check on you and to let you know about my party. That's pretty much it, so I'll get going now."

"Back to to your grandmother's work?" Luhan joked, but Yun Yi softened.

"Yeah, back to my grandmother's work," she repeated after him, a soft smile played on her lips. 

The boys and the two amazing ladies they brought with them. Althoug it has only been a few days, Yun Yi had gotten along with them all very well, and she wondered how much she had changed to be able to enjoy time with these people. These people who used to despise her for the wrong-doings she had done in the past. If it wasn't wrong to say, Yun Yi would like to say that she enjoyed spending time with them.

"I'll get going then." She grinned and stood up, reaching for her purse. "I'll text you the location later, and if I have time, I'll come see you."

Luhan nodded with a grin as he watched her out. "I'll stop by whenever I'm free as well. Don't work to hard!"

He watched her from the doorway as she got into her car and drove off.

He smiled a gentle smile. It was heart-warming to know that someone was there to walk him through his hardships, and he owed a lot to Yun Yi. He's seen lots of change in her over the past year, and even he was surprise she has matured so much.

If it wasn't wrong for him to say, Luhan viewed Yun Yi as an inspiration. Lke how Yun Yi has changed and matured, Luhan wanted to do the same. He wanted to mature and grow stronger. He wanted to become a person who would know fault and accept his faults to help the people he loved and cherished.

Though he wasn't quite there yet, he's determined to get there as soon as possible, because there were people waiting for him, and there was him, who was dying to see them.

 

 

"Luhan said it. Semi-formal. That's final." Yun Yi sat, legs crossed over the other, arms crossed over her chest, as she faced Kris. "It'd be so much more relaxing than formal."

Kris sighed and shrugged it off. "Fine. We'll go with semi-formal then."

The two have been arguing back and forth about the dress code for almost an hour now, and Kris was getting tired of making the same points over and over again. He was going to let Yun Yi have it.

She grinned and stood up. "You should've said that earlier. We wouldn't have wasted time if you accepted it from the beginning."

Kris ignored her comment. "So how are we going to do this?"

"Now, we talk to the guys." Yun Yi smiled and walked out of the room, followed by Kris.

Everyone was gathered in the libing room of Kris's grandmother's mansion. His grandmother was currently out for business, and Soyoung, Eunbyul, Kai, and Yixing were out, exploring Beijing.

This was going to be an event that Soyoung wouldn't need to know about before hand. After all, it was an event planned specifically with her in mind.

"So, anyone have any ideas?" Yun Yi clapped as she stood in front of the group of boys.

"For one, we can't have the meet right away. That would ruin the fun," Chen suggested.

"Yeah, I agree," Sehun voiced. "And I think it'd make Soyoung feel very out of place. The last time she was here, she didn't feel comfrotable at all. To make her go to another party, nervous, if she were to see him right away, it might end up bad."

"She might have a mental break down," Tao agreed.

"We should have you stall Luhan's time so he can get to the party at a later time, then meet Soyoung. Give her some time towarm up to the party and loosen up." Baekhyun reached for a pillow and hugged it close to his chest.

"And if anything, we have to make sure they're not going to be the center of attention," Zico added while the others agreed quietly, nodding their heads. "She doesn't like eyes staring at her."

"And Luhan jut has this pure hatred for 'minding own business', so if they're going to meet, it has to be somewhere that's set just for them," Chanyeol chirped an idea.

"So the location has to be somehwere where guests are allowd to roam freely," Kyungsoo nodded. "Is there a place like that around here?"

"Not that I can think of," Yun Yi pouted a sigh.

"If we get an outdoor venue, it might work," Suho pitched in. "An outdoor venue with inside access for restrooms and breakrooms for those who just wants to chill inside."

"Hey, not a bad idea," Kyung grinned. "A place like that would work perfectly fine."

"I think my grandma has a resort that would fit that description," Kris smiled, getting excited for what they had planned.

"I think Kai said something about Eunbyul having more plans for this, and he said they all sounded great, so we should really wait for Eunbyul too to discuss this." Xiumin leaned against the back of the couch. "The thing is that Eunbyul and Soyoung has been stuck to each other since we got here, so trying to get Eunbyul alone would be hard."

"We'll figure something out soo, hopefully." Kris nodded, amazed with how fast things were being planned.

They had only thought of this yesterday, and yet, they've gotten things down already. Kris couldn't wait to see the looks on their faces when they see each other.

He couldn't wait to see their happiness.


 


 

 

Author's Note♥:

So I just realized that the last official time I updated JCS was a few months ago, on September 7th! That's so long ago! I'm so sorry guys! Now that I'm seeing the date, it really shocks me, and it really puts me in an awkward position.. Haha. Well, I've finally updated. My first update in 2016! I guess I didn't get it in before the new years, but I still got it in, so I'm just a little satisfied. Thank you for you all who has been with me until now. It really means a lot. Although 2015 wasn't as bad as 2014 was, there were still many hardships that I tried to recover from. I hope 2016 will be even more nicer to us all. I hope you have an awesome and amazing year. Let's try to put away all our sadness & try to escape them the best we can! Happy New Years to you beautiful ones! I want to say so much more, but I don't think anyone would want to read me blab on and on haha. I'm getting teary LOL Again, thank you  so much! I love you all so much!

 

 

ThankFor Subscribing∞:
Thanks to these BEAUTIFUL people who subscribed to 'JUST Common Sense'! 
♥ | roxxanne | carpediiem | unrequited-lover | kkatherina | kmarieily | reina-k-D_O | CITYOFJOANNE | KittyC | MsAwesomeTokki | pandamaomao | venasan | Imjustagirlnextdoor | htethnin | Lunew21 | iambrielleiant | Alicevandort | blueisland101 | xkimchi | asian_ninja712 | BlingBlingTiger | pandalolove | saranghaexo88 | Lynnda | Chubbiee | avisdawn | Jiyeon_JN | -Anita | Micha0524 | isabelleloveluhan | KPOPCHICKKAA | snadya | xSungYoung | ChaCha24 | 2pmfan4ever | rheesmiles | asdfjkl_unknown | absadeeheng | i-am-serene | hungryPie | kawailu | rainbow_bananas | AkaruiHoshi | liralyre | SMfan4evrAKB48 | Hellogec4 | Clou9Nine | dreamandshine | KaeJae | Yue97BAL | jungseungyeon | pretty_pamela | Putri02 |akpopfan | jain127 | jujube1908 | laceyblare | Cold-TowardsYou | Natalie_phuah96 | fangirl2000   | ExoticBabyArmy | kimminjung112 | chineseandkoreanboys | dbsk_cassie | oranghead | jia_loveluv | minhyuk-baegopa | PressPlay |jasminejane | krisgangsta | berry1207  |Chocolithugsyukiandini | leehyunae_pearl |I-Love-EXO | bacon9 | hanxing | itzailee Tokkichu | LilRosiie | pupamika | Kpopsizzle | BBgirly | TheRedEyedWolf | xingxingbaekhyeonnie | cutielove1108 | lolydev | Heyinpiniteu | ronnieee | blueskyy  Cakepopsareawesome12 | infinitybaby | LoveKpopBoyBand | exoticstaorin lisatran wariii YuNgWoNnIe Supafast_Jellyfish shin_chaye  scattered  ravenous_red  thekyuhyunie lin_ling9697 chiel13 | Kitty_Min | Haesica08 | CakePOP_Crush | Khimmie | thechanyeolvirus | ggie15 | sela_305 | Rielah| euniice9 | flammerablelovelove | aNDe4STAR | lucy_0960 | JeLLY_BeaNS | xxikpxx | miiskax | Vieffje | Millies | luckystar92 | november11 | shiki3600 | 999666 | natasyaain | MaRiA2000 | chaeki19 | CamillaN | LuhanLittleDeer | PanXxhsu | --bubbletea-- | Kosianfanfics | XXanimexliveActionXX | Iamgay1 | Teamin | louise_sone | djputitbackon | fxkrys | RiaSkittles| | Nubci4 | luhannieyy | Nabylah91 | NightPM | originme0324 | Yeonyeonna | nasaroytaki | Deeena | Joesphine | kwangmin2001 | chinkieachel | naham142 | dawnxiamara | dancingdeermachine | diemsee | yangyomine | sleeplessnight | Deeelfy | Nami_97 | arenith | bygluvar | choxaxa | raniaa | PaoLu42090 | chie22 | KL_PINEAPPLE | Solana401 | Cjayyy | Fishys_Wife | Oswins | chenniey | numico | luckytohaveu | Exo_Fighting | EykaaFinkuru | fian_octa | anvancaro | 10strawberri | Pikrachu | macky1989 | miraluhan | Tafunazasso | TheBlossom122 | venus1014 | lolipop_18 | kirakinz | Asiangirl_21 | kimyunmi | J-loves | RegitaS | chanluhan | kissmelover123 | Stef-Luvs-Kpop | ShadyCakes | ZackeryFrost | anasianlover | naa_ly88 | KaWing | Reyzus | BubblySnowflake | Zawmhan | Kpoplover1307 | bfb1a499 | Hunnnie | beantart | exopuzzle | sharsharr | evolkpop | maizaux | Sparklebutterfly | ManUnited | HyueSung | BANA_STARLIGHT | Yvaine | xxsyfaizh | bevbrandy13 | sweetieana | remyeollie | Aeviou | Vorticism | Kpopidolwannabe| BabyHan | Got7saranghae | seductive_fairy | evoleihsif21 | kpoprocks56 | asimpleasian | 574109 | aretirabell | kawaiifangurl4lyf | xoxo128 | bellaburn | chanyeolequallove | kha7irun96 | seosohee | forevaluvkpop | RosaKhang | joycetricia | Eunhee48 | lourdeslulu | hannamprasetyo | infinitehopes | LovelySoulmate | ekashafyka | zombieee | kiss_xander23 | exofantasticelfshine | -Snow_White- | Qiwenn | Taelin | ainluhanexo | byun_haemi | moonlight07 | Lealiss | peace1212 | myamya | alelealee | hellostrangersheart | oppajj | myamya | alelealee | hellostrangersheart | dodooro | raiza03 | KrYxing | luexoxiolu | nina3132 | Hotcakes1800 | Fluffy_bunny16 | FuzzyBall34| sparklingdresses | its_kimchixx | _yoonie_ | Nessal | fyminseok | Zilkeeny | livihwang | xinfinity2010 | kimchiiee | LollieCupcakes | Thewolf-whocried-ma | sparklingdresses | dekleene87 | squeakumz | Stacy-lacy | HyeMean | Chromic-Karneval | Dian821 | meinim | megan14 | lulumygosh | nakatsudesu2 | ShikshinLovesTurtle | ZLchin | Chocoholics28 | Derpyna | attatya | Grwlhan | SonJieun | babypandacakes | irenexo13 | xiaozharbor | gdlovesme | emeezed | leeyumi | hanasong | christinegorilla | exooverdose77 | wintermintcookie | Giggles02 | babyboo07 | sbroces | Sarnadh | sarishay | Renzo0o | Penbook | maryship | beejanmi | Fadilla | Kim_Joyce | randomlady | fi3srdn | Babey_Ella | rainbowunicorn1 | naegalaxy | kimmeth | patricianicole624 | pastel-sky | thrownhopes | BapUkiss | musicgurl | xoTANox | CNSD999 | EykaaFinkuru | denisse143 | vernfantasia | Dolphin_Uranus | moonlight_23 | playthepiano | Fei_Lin | SakunoEchizen | Zimin131 | hikaraexo| Mizuku | misseunhye | maizaux | rahmasari | MapuiiRalte | Cassie07 | V-Kookie | Keke_Yessir | xxxIBBVIP | lulu_1320 | Zuali_Renthlei | Baconjacon | ohmylulu | XxtaerilxX | AriEdwardStyles | ariannaiman1614 | Ulillia | chachinchong | Jaeheee | fatifatinette3 | Fa_Bicuque | QuE_HaiN | yolandakim | PearlExo | akshurao99 | wirisha | raeofsun | taecmars | krisxoxo23 | AmyLyn02 | shafikahshaf | -bubbletea21- | BrattyBae | xSsehunnie | yeolliepopyeol | rxdicxl | ILooveINFINITE | princelulu | thevoiceofasoprano | angelBBY | Jj_2620 | loikyungsoo | Ss501luv | hahalalatata | yoo_mi | Jacqueline861015 | krispyolk | kmc_jhj98 | cici_april98 | bulblover | loverof88 | myungsoobaekhyun | CheeseLovers | denisaoi | Un1c0rns | shawolmint06 | ExoticLee365 | tanpanama | fangirl_exo | winarnijh | Kpopper510 | wutwutkyu | zulxikhx | mejustgotlucky | mikasa07 | KpopLurve98 | 9_Vannessa_M | lalaloveee | animei88 | NanoMemo | DianaMina | --getyourfactsright | Aranka | yookkey | soshi16 | exp2014 | Meenyu | Cintya_ | Elfxotics88 | Aaliyaah | invaderyuki | Pan-Ha-neul | TygerKlaws101 | xekee925 | Allayna_Hope | AnaLuisaGMMG | kpopcassieexotic | mhayexo |