Chapter 46

JUST Common Sense

 


Three weeks have passed by, and no one could necessarily promise that they were three smooth weeks. Everyone had their ups and downs, especially the boys who found out late about Luhan's decision about staying for one month, when they all had actually thought he would only be there for three days at the most.

Soyoung spent those three weeks just missing one person. Her mind was actually all over the place, the fact that she felt she hadn't settled everything with Taemin yet, especially because the minute she told Taemin about how she had been blind all along and that she was truly sorry, the guy told her that everything was okay.

 

The next day, he called her and told her that he booked a flight to come back to Seoul to visit her, but it wouldn't be until the next three weeks that he would be coming, which was this very day. Baekhyun found it quite funny how Taemin booked a flight the minute he knew he lost Soyoung. She had told Baekhyun, and Baekhyun couldn't help but laugh at the guy. He thought that Taemin deserved that.

 

Soyoung, who was patiently waiting for Luhan's return, was also waiting for Taemin's landing this day. He told her that he had made it at Seoul's international airport already and that he would be by her doorsteps in no time. She was usually calm about things like this, but the fact that Taemin and her shared some type of romantic feelings in the past, it made her nervous.

 

How would she react when Taemin arrive?

 

"Honey, relax, will you? It's just Taemin," her mother patted her back.

 

Soyoung shot her a look. "Yeah, Taemin, the guy who I almost got married to if it weren't for Baekhyun telling me the truth about you and dad."

 

"Well, he isn't a bad guy after all, and we thought he would be perfect for you!" Her mother smiled sweetly.

 

Baekhyun had shortly told Soyoung about her parents' plan about getting her married to Taemin. She had remembered confronting Taemin about it too, and she was in disbelief when Taemin admitted the truth. Though she never really believed any of them, because it sounded more like a joke, really. I mean, who does arranged marriages anymore?

 

"I know, he isn't a bad guy at all," Soyoung agreed. She had to agree. Taemin wasn't a bad guy. He was kind, and considerate, and way beyond perfect, but he wasn't for Soyoung. She sighed. "Do you and dad really have to go to that business meeting and leave me alone with him? Do you both really trust him that much. I mean, he is a guy after all, mom."

 

"You've only known him since a few months ago, but your father and I have known him since he was in diapers, honey." Her mother soothed her daughter's back and stood up when Soyoung's father came out from their room with his handsome self. "We'll be back before dinner, so while we're out, take good care of Taemin, will you?"

 

She walked her parents to the door. "Yes, I got it down, mom. You two just enjoy what you can while on that boring business meeting."

 

"If, for some reason, your mother and I aren't back by dinner, feel free to order take outs, or go to a near by restaurant." Her father pecked her forehead before getting in on the driver's side.

 

He drove off once her mother was in on the passenger's side, so now all Soyoung could really do was wait for Taemin's arrival.

And that was something that she definitely wasn't good at doing. She figured that out just now.

 


 

Three weeks, and Baekhyun was as frustrated as ever.

 

"I swear! When that gets back, I'm going to break his bones! No! You know what? Don't even come home! He better not come home!" Baekhyun threw his phone at Yixing's bed, angry that his call wasn't getting picked up.

 

"I've lost count, but if I were to guess, I'm guessing that was probably your millionth time you've said that this past month," Yixing blinked as he strummed a few strings of his guitar. He was recently told that he had won the contest he entered in not too long ago. The producers, who had chosen him as the winner, had wanted to see more of his samples, so he had been going at it with new songs since knowing the results.

 

"Well he's not answering his damn calls!" Baekhyun crazily ruffled his hair before lifelessly falling onto his bed.

 

"He hadn't been answering his calls since the day he left," Yixing pointed out. "And if anyone were to be mad, it would be the rest of us for not knowing that he'd be gone for a whole month. I mean, if you knew, you should've told us."

 

"Just shut up," Baekhyun sighed as he threw a pillow at Yixing's feet in which the guy could care less about.

 

"Why are you at my house anyways?" Yixing wondered as he stopped focusing on his music works. "You've been here for the past hour, and you've been calling him non-stop."

 

"There's something important I need to tell him." Baekhyun ruffled his hair in frustration. "And something that I need to confirm with him."

 

"It's been three weeks. I'm sure that if he's not picking up your daily calls, he might've bought a new phone." Yixing returned to his own works of music.

 

"Do you have Yun Yi's number?" Baekhyun wondered. He had just thought of this idea. Why didn't he think of it any sooner? If he couldn't get a hold of Luhan, it would be obvious that he should get a hold of Yun Yi, because Luhan should be with her after all.

 

Yixing arched a brow and nodded. "I do, but why? You're suddenly asking, and you don't even know her all too well."

 

"Well, Luhan should be with her, and she's probably the only way to get a hold of that jerk." Baekhyun snatched Yixing's phone off his counter. Thankfully, Yixing’s language setting was set onto Korean, unlike Luhan who usually had his setting on Chinese. "Wu Yun Yi."

 

It took a few rings before a feminine voice picked up.

 

"Yixing? You're suddenly calling after so many months. I'm surprised." Baekhyun knew it was Yun Yi on the line, but he didn't understand a thing, for she was speaking Chinese. Well, he understood little. Baekhyun, although a minor business man's song, he was never really good with learning a new language. He was never fond of Chinese, especially, even though he had a quite a few Chinese friends.

 

"I can't understand you," Baekhyun blurted. He mentally face palmed while Yixing laughed his off.

 

What stupidness was Baekhyun spouting?

 

"Who's this?" Yun Yi questioned in Korean once she realized that the voice wasn't Yixing's.

 

"It's Baekhyun," the guy responded, glad that she knew Korean, though her accent was quite thick. "Hey, uh, his Luhan there?"

 

"He's not. Did you need something from him?"

 

"Yeah, I need to talk to him. Can you give me his phone number?" Baekhyun sat up.

 

"You're his life long friend, and you don't have his phone number?"

 

His eyes widen. "What do you mean? Luhan still has his old phone?"

 

"Well, he never changed his phone since he came here. At least I think so, because I still contact him with his usual number."

 

"That !" Baekhyun groaned, speaking to Yixing. "He has just been ignoring my calls. She said that he never changed his phone!"

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"Oh! I was talking to Yixing." Baekhyun sighed heavily. "Look, Yun Yi, do you think you can give the phone to Luhan? I need to talk to him."

 

"Well, if he's not answering your calls, that means he doesn't want to talk to you, so why would I give your call to him if he doesn't want to talk to you?"

 

Baekhyun wasn't the most patient today, and playing push and pull games was the last thing on his mind. "Can you just do me this favor?"

 

"Alright, fine. I'll do you this favor on one occasion. You tell me what's going on between you and Luhan."

 

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his brows. "There's nothing going on between me and Luhan."

 

"Really? Because ever since he came back for his long visit, he hasn't been himself. He avoids talking about you boys and his neighbor girl. He's not even telling me when he'll go back to Seoul. There's something definitely wrong with him, and he's not speaking up."

 

"Oh, so that's what you mean." Baekhyun pursed his lips. "Well, of course, things happened. This is a new country after all."

 

"Really now."

 

"Okay, fine! I'll tell you. BUT! You have to pass the phone onto him, and you better make him answer my calls," Baekhyun demanded.

 

"Alright, deal."

 

Baekhyun knew it was time. It was time to let the cat out of the bag.

 

 


 

"Luhan! Come here!" Yun Yi shouted as she headed down the stairs and out the back door to the back yard.

 

Luhan, who had been playing with Mei Lien, glanced over with a smile."Yeah?"

 

Mei Lien also looked over.

 

"Mei, go to your room. I need to talk to Luhan," Yun yi commanded. Her tone was very serious. It caused Luhan's smile to wash away, and Mei Lien immediately went to her room. No one wanted to mess with Yun Yi when she was downright serious.

 

once assured that Mei Lien had entered her room, Yun Yi, who had her arms crossed, sighed and walked over to his side and sat down by him.

"Luhan, you're such a crazy mad man."

 

Her words caught him by surprise. She didn't sound so serious anymore.

 

"Why are you even here when you should be there?" Yun Yi questioned, and of course, Luhan had no idea what she was meaning. "You need to go back. I know that you've already found your answer, so why are you still loitering around here?"

 

"Yun Yi, what are you talking about?" Luhan frowned and put the back of his hand against her forehead. "Are you feeling okay?"

 

She pushed his hand away. "You need to go back to Seoul, Luhan."

 

And again, her words stunned him.

 

"Do you want me to go back that bad? You don't want me here?"

 

"Luhan, Baekhyun told me everything. The very reason why you're here." Yun Yi pursed her lips. "I have to admit, I really hate that I'm being seen as an escape route right now, but at the same time, gosh, Luhan. I never knew you were such a coward when it comes down to romance. You weren't even like this in the past."

 

Luhan mentally face palmed and cursed Baekhyun in his head. Did the guy really have to tell her this? He averted eyes and blew a raspberry. "I'm sorry."

 

"What are you sorry for exactly? The fact that you were using me as an escape route or are you being sorry for running away without glancing back?" She pursed her lips and brought her hands together. "Luhan, look. I've been hiding it for a few years already now, but I'll just tell you. I know you like me."

 

Luhan's eyes widen, and his heart pounded against his chest. *How did she find out? So this whole time, trying to keep my feelings in the shadow, she knew this whole time?*

 

"No, you liked me, Luhan." Yun Yi gave a melancholy smile. "I'm sorry that I played you like fool all these years. I never returned the feelings, that's why I didn't want to bring it up because I felt it was unfair if I tell you about my feelings when you didn't even confess. I was quote surprised that you were able to hold it in all these years to the point of even losing your feelings for me."

 

"I wasn't planning on ever confessing," Luhan muttered, ears turning red. Boy, this situation was pretty funny.

 

"Yeah, I figured that out just some minutes ago when Baekhyun told me about your situation." She smiled and patted his back. "You need to get on your feet and go back to Seoul, Luhan. You've spent all of these years focused on me, and now that you're finally pullen from this odd trance, you should go for what your heart desires now. You like her. You like Soyoung. You've changed this much, haven't you noticed? When you came back for a visit, I knew there was something off about you. Although it's hard to say, I have to admit, you don't find such interest in me anymore. I don't see those hearts in your eyes when you look at me anymore. I mean, I wouldn't know if you like Soyoung, but from what I'm hearing and from what i'm observing, even though you're physically here, your mind and heart is in another place. If it's not with Soyoung, I don't know which other female would have stolen your attention. You were never one to stick with females."

 

"Didn't you hate Soyoung? Talking about me changing, you've changed a lot yourself." Luhan tried to change the subject, mostly because he was flustered by everything at the moment.

 

"I never hated her," she admitted. "I may have disliked her, but did you seriously think I can hate someone who saved my little sister's life? i guess, at that time, I just envied her because I wasn't the one to save Mei Lien. I resented her for taking the role that I had during that time, but at the same time, I was so thankful towards her. It was just hard for me to face her and thank her. Just that action of putting her life in danger just to save another, it made me realize that Soyoung wasn't just another female in this world. She's special, Luhan. And knowing that she's the one who had unknowingly taken your heart, I'm so happy. If anyone, it'd be Soyoung for you. If I had to leave you in anyone's care, it would be her."

 

A soft smile came upon his face. Boy, were those words cheesy. This wasn't like the Yun Yi he knew. "You're funny, you know?"

 

"Luhan, I'm being serious here," she groaned, slapping his arm. "Be serious too. I really mean it when I said I'm glad it's her for you. You need to go back. I booked a flight for you already. You're leaving tomorrow morning."

 

And at the unexpected announcement, Luhan mentally choked. "You seriously did?!"

 

"Yes! I want you to go out there and be a man, you coward! I mean, I heard a lot of things from Baekhyun, half of what he said, you probably don't even know. Imagine how heart broken Soyoung was when she found out you left because of her!"

 

"Baekhyun told her?!" Luhan panicked. *Soyoung's not supposed to know!*

 

"Maybe? But you know, just imagine, will you? Be a man and confess to her. You made it with holding in your feelings for me, but, Luhan, you can't do the same with Soyoung. I think you have it hard for her." Yun Yi gave an encouraging smile.

 

*She's right. I do have it hard for Soyoung.* Luhan bit his lower lip. He was hesitant on what to do. He was sure that he truly liked Soyoung, but what if his mind and heart were just playing tricks on him? What if he really did still like Yun Yi--

 

"Luhan, seriously. Stop fighting a useless fight and go for it. If you lose to that Taemin guy, I'm never going to forgive you, and I'll make sure to even help in their preparation for their wedding."

 

*Just how much did Baekhyun tell her?!* Luhan swallowed. Well. What she was saying didn't sound good, and he would never want that to happen, so what now?

 

"You said you booked a flight for me for tomorrow morning?" Luhan questioned.

 

Yun Yi nodded.

 

"Make that for this evening, will you?" He smiled, and in return, he earned a grin from the female. "I'll come back to visit another time. I have something serious to take care of."

 


 

"You're really unattractive when you're nervous," Taemin confessed with a laugh.

 

Soyong gasped playfully and jokingly punched him. "Never say that to a lady! You're so rude! i wouldn't be nervous if you hadn't arrive with such seriousness from earlier."

 

When Taemin had arrived an hour ago, rather than giving her a sweet smile, he gave her a long stare, and his eyes didn't seen so happy. Rather than happy, they made him seem as if he was in pain.

 

"I was just kidding," he chuckled before ruffling her hair. "Just be as you are. I do better with people who show their true selves to me."

 

"I am being my true self," Soyoung argued. She leaned back against the couch and turned her attention to the movie that was playing. "I'm not nervous anymore, at least."

 

Taemin arched a brow. "Are you sure about that?"

 

Soyoung stole him a glance then sighed in defeat. "I wouldn't be so nervous if you stop staring at me. A movie is playing right in front of us, and instead of watching the movie, you're body is turned towards me, and your eyes are illiterally burning holes into my head."

 

"It's because I miss you," Taemin admitted with a sweet smile. His eyes turned to the shape of crescent moons. "Being away for so long made me miss you a lot. I didn't even get to see you, and now that I do get to see you, I want to keep staring at you until I go back to the states."

 

"You're such a weirdo, you big baby." She pushed his face away with a laugh. "It's not like I'm going to vanish within a second."

 

*When you gave me that call about your true feelings for Luhan, and how you cut off your feelings for me, you did vanish within a second. To me, I lost you with just those two words of you apologizing to me. To me, you vanished within a second. I was hurt. I am hurt, Soyoung.* Taein offered a melancholy smile, one that Soyoung wasn't able to detect as filled with pain. "You're right, but still. I want to see how much you've changed since the last time I've seen you."

 

"I didn't change much at all, Taemin. I may have gained a little bit more weight because i ate a lot over break, but other than that, I'm sure I didn't change much." She handed him the bowl of popcorn and turned her attention to the movie again.

 

If there was anything that Soyoung was glad about since Taemin's visit, I would be that he didn't make things awkward, and acted naturally as if they had always been friends from the start. Soyoung was glad that Taemin kept his distance as just a friend rather than a love interest, because it made things easier for her.

 

Taemin, on the other hand, was in despair. He wanted to hug her and hold her in his arms. He wanted to experience what other couples experience when they were close to each other. For once in his life, he wanted to experience everything that couples experience. For once, he wanted to feel what this thing called Love felt like. Soyoung was the person to make him want experience these experiences, but now that he was no longer in her eyes, he knew that he wouldn't ever be able to experience those longings. At least not until someone like Soyoung comes around again, and Taemin had a feeling it would never happen again. He was never one who took interest in romance, but Soyoung was able to make him experience fluttering butterflies. He was truly falling for her, but knowing that Soyoung had made sense of her true feelings now, he wouldn't be able to do anything with those fluttering butterflies anymore. Although he was by her side as she created those butterflies to flutter like crazy, he would have to act as if they weren't there, all for her sake, because he didn't want to break what they had. He lost her as a love partner, but he wouldn't lose her as a friend.

 

Taemin gave a silent sigh in defeat before turning to face the screen. "Should we watch something else? This movie seems boring. Maybe that's why I've been staring at you this whole time instead of paying attention to the movie."

 

"What an excuse!" Soyoung laughed, but she didn't deny it. She, too, thought the movie was boring. She grabbed for the remote and went back to the home screen as she flipped through the tons of movies that were available. "What should we watch then?"

 

"Some comedy? Fantasy?" Taemin shrugged and stole a glance at Soyoung's side profile. The sight of her tugged on his heart strings, and just like that, he was yearning for her once again.

 

"How about this one? A Millionaire On The Run? I heard that it's pretty funny," Soyoung suggested, not taking her eyes off the screen.

 

Taemin continued to glance at her and nodded. "We can watch that one."

 

"Alright then!" Soyoung played the movie and leaned against the couch, popping popcorn into .

 

Taemin examined her side profile, and a soft smile replaced his frown. *I'll only view you in this way for the last time. I won't look at you as someone I like in the future, so in return, stay by my side and stay my friend. Today will be the last time I want to be with you as a man, and in the future, I will make sure to continue to stay by your side as just a friend. In return, just be happy with him. I gave you up so that you can be happy. Don't make me regret about giving you up. Don't make me regret that I gave you up when I was so close to having you by my side forever, Soyoung. Just stay happy with him, will you?*

 

"It's starting!" She smiled happily, taking her can of Pepsi and sipping on it.

 

Taemin smiled and returned his attention to the big screen. *Thank you, Soyoung, for letting me experience the happy feeling couples gets to feel when they're with each other. Thank you for letting me experience something I've always wondered about. And most of all, Thank you for allowing me to like you. I enjoyed the time I spent liking you, and I enjoyed the times I spent talking to you. Thank you, Kim Soyoung.*


 


 

Author's Note♥:

It was my birthday two days ago (The 19th of December), and I had wanted to update then, but I had no access to any computers or laptops of any sort until today, so I'm late. I was also very busy! It was my last week of school before Winter Break, but i had so many things going on for me the whole week! I'm currently took a CNA class (Certified Nursing Assistant class) & in order to pass the class, we have to go out to Clinicals. In other words, we had to go to a Nursing home and help with their Nurses take care of the seniors & boy! It was a great experience! The clients were all very kind. The staffs were okay. There were many complaints from my freinds about the staffs there, but other than that, it was really fun! We had to work there for 16 hours total, 8 hours a day. We only spent 2 days with them, but we all became very close, haha. Anyways, I had the state Exam for CNA just this past friday, which was on my birthday! I was nervous to the core, because I felt like I did really bad, but I actually passed! So Now, I'm proud to say that I'm officially a Certified Nursing Assistant! My license will be coming in within a week! I'm so excited, guys! Haha. On the other hand, it's going to be Christmas soon! It's my favorite holiday, so I'm excited! Did anyone watch 2014 Gayo Daejeon? I didn't get to watch it live, so I was a little upset, but that's okay. Haha. Anyways, I'm working on something for you guys for a Christmas gift! Hopefully I'll get it done by then so I can give it to you lovely ones! Hopefully you guys enjoyed this update! Tell me what you thought about it below! :)
By the way, guys, I miss Luhan & Kris. A Lot. :'( & I just miss all of the EXO boys in general. Oh gawd. My heart's breaking bceause I'm missing them so much.

 

 

Thanks For Subscribing∞:

Thanks to these BEAUTIFUL people who subscribed to 'JUST Common Sense'!

| roxxanne | carpediiem | unrequited-lover | kkatherina | kmarieily | reina-k-D_O | CITYOFJOANNE | KittyC | MsAwesomeTokki | pandamaomao | venasan | Imjustagirlnextdoor | htethnin | Lunew21 | iambrielleiant | Alicevandort | blueisland101 | xkimchi | asian_ninja712 | BlingBlingTiger | pandalolove | saranghaexo88 | Lynnda | Chubbiee | avisdawn | Jiyeon_JN | -Anita | Micha0524 | isabelleloveluhan | KPOPCHICKKAA | snadya | xSungYoung | ChaCha24 | 2pmfan4ever | rheesmiles | asdfjkl_unknown | absadeeheng | i-am-serene | hungryPie | kawailu | rainbow_bananas | AkaruiHoshi | liralyre | SMfan4evrAKB48 | Hellogec4 | Clou9Nine | dreamandshine | KaeJae | Yue97BAL | jungseungyeon | pretty_pamela | Putri02 |akpopfan | jain127 | jujube1908 | laceyblare | Cold-TowardsYou | Natalie_phuah96 | fangirl2000   | ExoticBabyArmy | kimminjung112 | chineseandkoreanboys | dbsk_cassie | oranghead | jia_loveluv | minhyuk-baegopa | PressPlay |jasminejane | krisgangsta | berry1207  |Chocolithugs| yukiandini | leehyunae_pearl |I-Love-EXO | bacon9 | hanxing | itzailee | Tokkichu | LilRosiie | pupamika | Kpopsizzle | BBgirly | TheRedEyedWolf | xingxingbaekhyeonnie | cutielove1108 | lolydev | Heyinpiniteu | ronnieee | blueskyy  | Cakepopsareawesome12 | infinitybaby | LoveKpopBoyBand | exoticstaorin  | lisatran | wariii | YuNgWoNnIe | Supafast_Jellyfish | shin_chaye  | scattered  | ravenous_red  thekyuhyunie | lin_ling9697 | chiel13 | Kitty_Min | Haesica08 | CakePOP_Crush | Khimmie | thechanyeolvirus | ggie15 | sela_305 | Rielah| euniice9 | flammerablelovelove | aNDe4STAR | lucy_0960 | JeLLY_BeaNS | xxikpxx | miiskax | Vieffje | Millies | luckystar92 | november11 | shiki3600 | 999666 | natasyaain | MaRiA2000 | chaeki19 | CamillaN | LuhanLittleDeer | PanXxhsu | --bubbletea-- | Kosianfanfics | XXanimexliveActionXX | Iamgay1 | Teamin | louise_sone | djputitbackon | fxkrys | RiaSkittles| | Nubci4 | luhannieyy | Nabylah91 | NightPM | originme0324 | Yeonyeonna | nasaroytaki | Deeena | Joesphine | kwangmin2001 | chinkieachel | naham142 | dawnxiamara | dancingdeermachine | diemsee | yangyomine | sleeplessnight | Deeelfy | Nami_97 | arenith | bygluvar | choxaxa | raniaa | PaoLu42090 | chie22 | KL_PINEAPPLE | Solana401 | Cjayyy | Fishys_Wife | Oswins | chenniey | numico | luckytohaveu | Exo_Fighting | EykaaFinkuru | fian_octa | anvancaro | 10strawberri | Pikrachu | macky1989 | miraluhan | Tafunazasso | TheBlossom122 | venus1014 | lolipop_18 | kirakinz | Asiangirl_21 | kimyunmi | J-loves | RegitaS | chanluhan | kissmelover123 | Stef-Luvs-Kpop | ShadyCakes | ZackeryFrost | anasianlover | naa_ly88 | KaWing | Reyzus | BubblySnowflake | Zawmhan | Kpoplover1307 | bfb1a499 | Hunnnie | beantart | exopuzzle | sharsharr | evolkpop | maizaux | Sparklebutterfly | ManUnited | HyueSung | BANA_STARLIGHT | Yvaine | xxsyfaizh | bevbrandy13 | sweetieana | remyeollie | Aeviou | Vorticism | Kpopidolwannabe| BabyHan | Got7saranghae | seductive_fairy | evoleihsif21 | kpoprocks56 | asimpleasian | 574109 | aretirabell | kawaiifangurl4lyf | xoxo128 | bellaburn | chanyeolequallove | kha7irun96 | seosohee | forevaluvkpop | RosaKhang | joycetricia | Eunhee48 | lourdeslulu | hannamprasetyo | infinitehopes | LovelySoulmate | ekashafyka | zombieee | kiss_xander23 | exofantasticelfshine | -Snow_White- | Qiwenn | Taelin | ainluhanexo | byun_haemi | moonlight07 | Lealiss | peace1212 | myamya | alelealee | hellostrangersheart | oppajj | myamya | alelealee | hellostrangersheart | dodooro | raiza03 | KrYxing | luexoxiolu | nina3132 | Hotcakes1800 | Fluffy_bunny16 | FuzzyBall34| sparklingdresses | its_kimchixx | _yoonie_ | Nessal | fyminseok | Zilkeeny | livihwang | xinfinity2010 | kimchiiee | LollieCupcakes | Thewolf-whocried-ma | sparklingdresses | dekleene87 | squeakumz | Stacy-lacy | HyeMean | Chromic-Karneval | Dian821 | meinim |