Chapter 13

JUST Common Sense

 

No One's POV

Soyoung’s parents along with Luhan’s flew home right away when they got the news from Zico that Soyoung almost got into an accident that could’ve caused her death. They arrived first thing in the next day and gave her special treatments, her mom did so anyways. Her dad just laughed it off, glad that his daughter wasn’t seriously injured.

On the other hand, Luhan’s parents gave him a strict lecture along with Yun Yi the whole afternoon while Mei Lien watched them suffer from the long lecture. Mei Lien felt bad for getting them in trouble. Luhan’s parents didn’t know anything about what Luhan had said to Soyoung and that wasn’t the case of why they were lecturing Yun Yi and Luhan.

Who lets a kid out of the house unsupervised?!” His mom shrieked at Luhan and Yun Yi. “You let Mei Lien play alone outside while you and Yun Yi were in here and Mei Lien almost lost her life! If it wasn’t for Soyoung, gosh, you both would’ve been so dead by now!

Luhan, I’m so disappointed in you as your father, and as for you, Yun Yi, I’m so disappointed in you as a friend of your parents. You shouldn’t have let Mei Lien go out by herself.

Yun Yi bowed, “I’m sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Lu. I really hadn’t thought that this would happen. I’ve underestimated.

Luhan sighed and apologized quietly. “Sorry.

“We’re not the ones you need to apologize to,” his father bellowed. “Hurry and go over to the Kim’s and apologize immediately. Because of your thoughtlessness, you almost cost the end to Soyoung’s life. Hurry and go!

Yes, dad,” Luhan answered before getting up. His body felt like it was dreading and he didn’t want to move, but because it was a request, he must do it.

 

 

“Soyoung, do you want any more porridge?” her mom yelled from the kitchen.

Soyoung smiled, “No, mom. I’m fine. Stop working and come sit for a second. I’m completely fine.”

“Okay, okay!” Her mother came over and sat next to her. “Aigoo, does your head hurt anymore, dear? The fall must’ve hurt.”

“No, it doesn’t hurt anymore,” Soyoung chuckled. “The pain subsided so I think I’ll be fine as long as I take my medicine.”

Her mom sighed and patted Soyoung’s hand. “I’m so proud of my daughter. I raised you the right way. You saved a child when your life was also on the stake because of saving her. My Kim Soyoung, you’ve grown up the right way.”

Soyoung laughed at her mom’s words. “Mom, I’m sure lots of others would’ve done what I did.”

“I have high doubts for that,” her mom laughed before the doorbell rang. “I’ll go get it,” her mom volunteered as she got up and walked over to the door. “Oh, Luhan!”

Upon hearing the name, Soyoung’s mood went down and her smile disappeared.

“Look, honey! Luhan and his friend came,” her mom shouted as she welcomed Luhan and Yun Yi in the house along with Mei Lien.

Soyoung turned her head and spotted Luhan smiling sweetly to her mom. At that moment, Soyoung wanted to throw the vase on the table at his face to wipe off his fake smile. She could see through it and wanted to kill him on the spot. How dare he come here after what he’s done?

“Mrs. Kim, sorry to bother you,” Luhan spoke softly. “We wanted to come here to thank Soyoung and apologize from putting her through such troubles.”

*Thank me and apologize?!! Since when do YOU want to thank ME and apologize?! You freaking asdfghjkl. You’re one actor, Luhan, but I can see through your ugly lies.* Soyoung thought with disgust.

“Ah, she’s right over there!” Her mom exclaimed as she grinned. “Go, go sit down.” Her mom pushed them further into the house and made them sit on the couch besides the couch that Soyoung was sitting at.

Soyoung couldn’t help but look at Luhan who pursed his lips before giving her a smile.

“Hi, Soyoung,” Luhan spoke. “We came here to thank you for saving Mei Lien yesterday.”

Soyoung scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Thank me? Why don’t you just blame me again, huh? It’s hard to believe the word of thanks coming from your mouth.” Soyoung’s mom’s eyes rounded upon hearing what Soyoung said. How could her daughter say that, yet she was confused at the same time. What was her daughter talking about? “Mom, my head’s hurting. I’m gonna go rest.”

“Soyoung-a,” she hear Luhan call after her as she retreated to her bedroom.

“Aha,” Soyoung’s mom budged in and bowed. “I’m sorry for her behavior. Her head must really be hurting a lot for her to act like that.”

“It’s fine,” Luhan shook his hand and gave a gentle smile. “I understand. Can you give our words of sorry to her? I really don’t think she wants to hear it from us, so would you please do that, Mrs. Kim?”

“Of course,” she nodded with a bright smile. “I’ll do that.”

“Sorry for bothering you,” Luhan bowed before getting up and heading to the door with Yun Yi and Mei Lien who hasn’t said a single thing.

“It’s fine. it’s fine,” she laughed it off. “Sorry that she had reacted like that. It was such a waste of your time.”

Luhan chuckled and shook his head, “It’s fine. We just came at a bad time. We’ll be leaving now then. Come on Mei.” Luhan took the little girl’s hand but she didn’t budge. She had her eyes glued on the stairs since Soyoung had left to her room. “Mei Lien-

Ge ge, I want to go talk to the pretty jie jie,” Mei Lien requested in Chinese. Although the little girl knew Korean, she only speaks Chinese to Luhan.

Yun Yi faked a smile and pulled Mei Lien. Thinking that Mrs. Kim doesn’t know Chinese, she told Mei Lien, “You can’t. She doesn’t want to talk to you and she hates us. Let’s go. You don’t need to talk to her.

She was wrong. Mrs. Kim, a business woman, understood exactly what she had said and wasn’t so pleased, although she didn’t show it. Instead, she answered back in perfect Chinese. “The pretty jie jie, Soyoung, doesn’t hate you, Mei Lien.” She had caught onto the little girl’s name. “She would be more than happy to talk to you.” Mei Lien’s face brightened while Yun Yi and Luhan were surprised to have heard her talk Chinese. “Go on up to her room. It’s the first on the right down the hall.

Thank you, Miss!” Mei Lien exclaimed as she ran out of Luhan and Yun Yi’s hold and up the stairs.

So Luhan,” Mrs. Kim continued in Chinese, “Why not tell me a bit about your friend here? I’ve been seeing her around your house but never really heard much of her. Since we have time, care to take some time and introduce me to her?

Luhan sheepishly smiled and nodded as he took off his shoes. “Sure…

Yun Yi had no choice but to return to the living room again.

Although it wasn’t noticeable, Yun Yi had a feeling that Soyoung’s mom found a dislike to her already. Soyoung’s mom couldn’t have agreed more.

 


 

Author's Note♥:

I did a quick update! I'm sorry it's so short. There's so much going on, especially school. I'm sure many of you guys can relate, especially you're taking all of those Honors classes, you know? Teachers be giving you a SH*T LOAD of homework. Seriously, they don't see that we have a life outside of school too. Not to mention the fact that they trap us at school for 7 freaking hours & only set us free after 2 PM and continue the torture with homework. OTL. I'm so tired of that school lyfe! ;~;  & so this sorta explains why this update was so short & unedited. I'm sorry, lovelies~

Don't forget to COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE & OR UPVOTE on your own will. I'd very appreciate it though ;D

 

Thanks For Subscribing∞:

Thanks to these BEAUTIFUL people who subscribed to 'JUST Common Sense'!

| roxxanne | carpediiem | unrequited-lover | kkatherina | kmarieily | reina-k-D_O | CITYOFJOANNE | KittyC | MsAwesomeTokki | pandamaomao | venasan | Imjustagirlnextdoor | htethnin | Lunew21 | iambrielleiant | Alicevandort | blueisland101 | xkimchi | asian_ninja712 | BlingBlingTiger | pandalolove | saranghaexo88 | Lynnda | Chubbiee | avisdawn | Jiyeon_JN | -Anita | Micha0524 | isabelleloveluhan | KPOPCHICKKAA | snadya | xSungYoung | ChaCha24 | 2pmfan4ever | rheesmiles | asdfjkl_unknown | absadeeheng | i-am-serene | hungryPie | kawailu | rainbow_bananas | AkaruiHoshi | liralyre |