Chapter 17

JUST Common Sense

 

No One's POV

He was on his way to Soyoung’s place. He sure was exhausted after a whole day of hanging out with the guys and Yun Yi. He was still bothered by the fact that instead of hanging out alone with him, Yun Yi chose to hang out with everyone. Not exactly what he had in mind.

He had planned that they would go roam the beautiful parks, how many couples tend to do, but the minute Luhan started the car, Yun Yi had abruptly changed her mind. Instead, she decided to choose a place to go out, and that was none other than Kris’s place.

It wasn’t that he was annoyed by it. He wasn’t. He was just a bit disappointed. Today was supposed to be a day with just the two of them.

Luhan parked in front of Soyoung’s house and turned off his engine before getting out of the car and walking up to the front door. He rang the bell and waited patiently.

He could hear Mei Lien’s voice shout from inside as he heard feet shuffling over to the door. Within a second, the door was pulled open and he was greeted with a jolly Mei Lien and an approaching Soyoung, who had a bright smile on her face.

Ge ge!” Mei Lien shouted from excitement. It was the first time she had been away from him for so long since the day she came to Seoul. The little girl literally jumped onto her favorite person in the world as he happily gave her a boost up so that he had a firm grip on her.

You look like you had a great time,” Luhan commented as he chuckled.

I did! Soyoung jie jie is very fun to be with!” Mei Lien responded.

Soyoung wasn’t sure what they were saying, but she caught onto the slightest words of ‘ge ge’ and ‘jie jie’. At least Mei Lien seemed proud; Soyoung didn’t need an explanation of what they were talking about.

Mei Lien had told Soyoung earlier that she only speaks Korean when she’s with someone who doesn’t know Chinese, and that someone so happens to be Soyoung. When Mei Lien’s with Luhan, she speaks Chinese to him.

Is she now?” Luhan questioned, not showing the slightest amusement. “What did you guys do today?

So much things!” Mei Lien emphasized with her arms. “Ge ge, you didn’t tell me that Soyoung jie jie can draw so well! And most of all, you didn’t tell me that she likes art! If you told me that sooner, I would’ve come over sooner!

Luhan’s brows raised in amusement. “I…. actually never knew that she draws.” He looked over at Soyoung in amusement before giving a gentle grin and looking back at the little girl in his arms. “Should I really bring you over more often then?

The little girl didn’t hesitate to nod her head instantly. “Can you, ge ge?!

Luhan’s eyes soften. “I would, if I can, but we wouldn’t want to be a bother Soyoung and her family, right?

At his reply, Mei Lien’s smile dropped to a frown before nodding, understanding.  Soyoung, who had noticed this, stepped up.

“What’s wrong?” Soyoung asked boldly. Seeing a frowning Mei Lien didn’t make her feel good. The girl was always so cheerful.

Luhan shook his head and gave a polite smile. “It’s nothing. Thanks for hanging out with her today. She’s been bored recently since she got to Seoul.”

“I’ve been told,” Soyoung regained her smile.

Still, again, it felt weird to see this side of Luhan. To be able to talk to him like this felt nice, yet, at the same time, it gave off a strange feeling.

“She’s a really sweet girl. I’d love to have her over anytime,” Soyoung admitted, in which Mei Lien pounced.

Ge ge!” Mei Lien shouted happily. “Did you hear that? She said I can come over anytime!”

The two young adults couldn’t help but laugh.

*So that’s what they were talking about.* Soyoung thought joyfully.

“We’ll get going now,” Luhan faced Soyoung. “Thanks for watching over her.”

She nodded gratefully and shifted eyes to the little one. “You’ll come back, right?”

Mei Lien nodded eagerly. “For sure!”

Soyoung broke into a wide smile. “I’m looking forward to hanging out with you again. Bye!”

She waved slightly as Luhan walked towards the car. Mei Lien returned the wave before Luhan buckled her in. Leaning against the door frame, Soyoung watched the two until Luhan had successfully seated the little girl. Thinking that he would leave immediately, Soyoung her heels to close the door but was only stopped when she heard Luhan call her name.

“Soyoung!”

She stopped abruptly and peeked out the door to see Luhan running back up to the front door.

“What is it?” Soyoung asked, opening the door wider.

Luhan’s face didn’t show of playful anymore, nor did it have the smile he had on earlier. Instead, he had on a more serious expression. Other than his expression, he gave off a peaceful aura.

“About last night,” Luhan began, “I’ve been thinking about what I said.”

*Great. Is he going to tell me to forget about it?* Soyoung thought bitterly, but she didn’t show it. She urged him to go on.

“And I was serious when I said I want a new start,” Luhan continued, his words catching Soyoung by surprise. “I won’t hold any grudges against you when you haven’t done anything wrong to me, so in return, I’m asking you to do the same.”

Soyoung played it cool and raised her brows. “Did you think that I didn’t take you seriously last night?”

“Of course not,” he replied curtly. “But you sure did think that I want you to forget about last night.”

Luhan gave a sly smirk as he left Soyoung speechless.

*Can he read minds or something?!” she mentally shrieked.

“And no, I can’t read minds,” Luhan sighed, inserting his hands into his pockets. “It’s called common sense. You’re very obvious, you know that?”

The female rolled her eyes and nodded, “I’ve been told.”

Luhan nodded his head. “I see. So, no grudges?”

“Well, let’s see.” Soyoung brought her arms up and crossed it over her chest as she rubbed her chin. “You do owe me a lot. Not to mention the fact that I saved someone precious to the world. Ah, but then your words from that day. I don’t know. No grudges, or grudges?”

Luhan rolled his eyes before giving her an ‘are-you-kidding’ look.

Soyoung chuckled. “Just kidding. Okay then, a new start with no grudges then. Keep your words though, you hear me? I hate it when people go against their own words.”

“I’m a man,” Luhan praised himself. “Of course I wouldn’t do that.”

“Just this one time, I’m going to trust you on your words,” Soyoung pointed at him. “Don’t disappoint me.”

Surprisingly, that had brought a grin to Luhan’s serious face. “Don’t underestimate me. I won’t. Good night.”

And with that he trotted back to his car before driving off, and this time, Soyoung watched them until they were out of sight before shutting and locking the door.

 

 

 

 

The fact that Luhan was still up at this time annoyed him. Once again.

It’s past 2 AM and everyone else is sleeping.

After picking up Mei Lien and coming back to Kris’s place, they all had their fun of watching a horror movie, in which they were all glad that Mei Lien wasn’t one to get scared easily. Even if she was, before the terrifying parts did get there, the little girl had already fallen asleep in Kris’s lap.

After the horror movie, they all decided to lighten the mood by watching a comedy one. By the time they finished that, it was already 1 AM and everyone decided it was time to stop for the night.

Suho, Baekhyun, Lay, Kyungsoo, Xiumin, Tao, Sehun, and Kai had decided to leave for home instead of spending the night, so they left right after the movies.

The rest of the guys slept at Kris’s place.

Kris decided to have Mei Lien sleep with him in his room since she was already knocked out anyways. Yun Yi, on the other hand, got a room all to herself. Chanyeol and Chen shared a guest room upstairs and knocked out up there. Luhan, like Yun Yi, got a guest room all to himself. It was the room that he always stayed in when he slept over at Kris’s place. He liked that room more and he found a huge liking to that room. And of course, that room was none other than the attic.

The attic must be scary and dusty, right? But no, not in Kris’s house.

His attic was the bomb! It was amazingly nice and clean. It was serene and nowhere near the attics that were shown on TV. If anything, it was more like an attic built for the gods, yet, it was absolutely simple. There were no cool designs on the walls that made the room stand out. Its simplicity brought out itself and that was why Luhan prefers the room more than any other rooms in Kris’s house. If he could, he would’ve designed his parents’ attic to be the exact same way.

The only weird thing about tonight when sleeping in this room was that he couldn’t sleep. Not at all.

And that bothered him to the max.

He’s lacking sleep and he knows it too. The light circles under his eyes weren’t really noticeable, but if tonight he doesn’t get his sleep, those light circles would be replaced with panda eyes.

“Damn,” Luhan groaned as he rolled onto his side.

He knew why he was still up. It was about her. Again. Kim Soyoung.

It wasn’t a bad thing that he was thinking about her. In fact, he’s not mad or bothered that he was thinking about her. He was just annoyed because he knows that he would get those panda eyes if he doesn’t sleep. That was why he was annoyed.

But annoyed because he was thinking about Soyoung?

Not at all.

Sure, it made him feel weird that he was thinking about her. Well, not her, but her words. It was quite weird for him, but he didn’t feel it was a bad thing. Instead, he was awed by them.

                | You do owe me a lot. Not to mention the fact that I saved someone precious to the world.|

Those words she said earlier to him, he still remembered them.

*Someone precious to the world.* As much as he was annoyed from not getting his sleep, the small grin didn’t fail to appear. *She sure knows how to word things.*

Luhan sighed and rolled onto his back again. As tired as he was, he couldn’t sleep. He laid there for what seems like years, before he heard creaking footsteps. Immediately, Luhan became alert. *What was that?*

Luhan glanced towards the door as he heard the footsteps come closer to the room. Cautiously, he sat up and walked over to the door before flinging it open only to jump in shock.

“Mei Lien!” Luhan gasped, his chest pounding. The horror movie didn’t get to him when they were watching it. But who doesn’t become paranoid after watching a horror movie? He sighed in relief before crouching down to her height. “You scared me.

Mei Lien gave out a quiet giggle. “Sorry, ge ge.”

With that apology, Luhan brightened, the fear he had in him vanished away. “It’s fine. Weren’t you sleeping?

Yeah, but I woke up,” she stated the obvious. “Ge ge, can I come in and sleep with you?

Don’t you want to sleep with Kris?” Don’t get him wrong. The little girl can sleep with him anytime she wanted, but he thought that she would prefer her cousin over Luhan. She hasn’t seen him since the day they all left back to Seoul and to see him again in months, Luhan thought that she would want to be with Kris more.

Yes, Kris is the cousin of Yun Yi and Mei Lien. Their parents are very close. Kris’s dad is the brother of Yun Yi’s mom and Yun Yi’s mom was a close friend of Kris’s mom. They get along quite well, the adults do. When it comes down to Yun Yi and Kris themselves, that’s a different story. It wasn’t that they didn’t get along. In fact, they do, but something about Yun Yi had always irked Kris. The guy never did voice what it was though.

No, not tonight.

With her answer, Luhan led her in before closing the door. “Are you still tired?” The answer was obvious as he helped her climb onto the bed. She was still tired, he knew.

Kind of.” Mei Lien yawned before laying down as Luhan pulled the blanket over her. “Ge ge, why aren’t you asleep yet?

Because I had a feeling that a princess would come to me tonight, so I stayed up waiting for her,” Luhan smiled softly. His tired eyes gave away as he brushed her hair away from her face. “And she happened to show up, just like I had thought she would.

Who is the princess?” Mei Lien wondrously asked. She knew the answer, but the answer sounded the best when her favorite person says it.

It’s you,” Luhan tapped her nose lightly causing the girl to pour out quiet giggles. He gently laughed himself before bending down and giving her a quick peck on the forehead. “Come on. Let’s sleep. Your sister’s going to throw a fit if we end up waking up late tomorrow.

He slipped under the covers next to the little girl.

Good night, Luhan ge ge,” Mei Lien yawned, getting comfortable.

Good night, Mei. Sleep well,” Luhan responded as he watched the child sleep. When he heard her even breaths, he smiled softly. *Sweet dreams, little princess.*

And with that, he, himself, drifted off to a soundless slumber. Maybe he won’t end up with such dark panda eyes after all.

 


 

Author's Note♥:

I was planning to update yesterday, but because of a tragic shock, I couldn't and didn't have the energy to do so. Today, I woke up knowing that I will have to face reality, so I had to it up and be happy for the decisions that's been made. For you guys, I decided to update today. It's only best for me to be strong myself, so here's an update. At least updating made me cheer up by a bit & thinking of you guys motivated me to keep writing this chapter, so I hope you guys enjoy this chapter too.

Don't forget to COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE & OR UPVOTE on your own will. I'd very appreciate it though ;D

 

 

Thanks For Subscribing∞:

Thanks to these BEAUTIFUL people who subscribed to 'JUST Common Sense'!

| roxxanne | carpediiem | unrequited-lover | kkatherina | kmarieily | reina-k-D_O | CITYOFJOANNE | KittyC | MsAwesomeTokki | pandamaomao | venasan | Imjustagirlnextdoor | htethnin | Lunew21 | iambrielleiant | Alicevandort | blueisland101 | xkimchi | asian_ninja712 | pandalolove | saranghaexo88 | Lynnda | Chubbiee | avisdawn | Jiyeon_JN | -Anita | Micha0524 | isabelleloveluhan | KPOPCHICKKAA | snadya | xSungYoung | ChaCha24 | 2pmfan4ever | rheesmiles | asdfjkl_unknown | absadeeheng | i-am-serene | hungryPie | kawailu | rainbow_bananas | AkaruiHoshi | liralyre | SMfan4evrAKB48 | Hellogec4 | Clou9Nine | dreamandshine | KaeJae | Yue97BAL | jungseungyeon | pretty_pamela | Putri02 |akpopfan | jain127 | jujube1908 | laceyblare | Cold-TowardsYou | Natalie_phuah96 | fangirl2000 | ExoticBabyArmy | kimminjung112 | chineseandkoreanboys | dbsk_cassie  |