Chapter 51

JUST Common Sense

 

It had been two weeks since the accident; Soyoung and Baekhyun had yet to be discharged from the hospital. Apart from losing lots of blood, the two did not get any severe injuries that resulted in serious physical therapy, but their doctors had suggested that they stay in for at least a few more days.

Soyoung's parents were off to work once again when the boys and Soyoung herself convinced them that Soyoung would be fine in their hands. Baekhyun's parents came to down to visit him everyday. The boys also came down everyday to visit the two and to keep them entertained.

The only person who didn't give the two a visit was Luhan himself. Ever since that day, he stayed cooped up in his room. The boys had tried to get him to come out, but he refused to see any of them.

No one told Soyoung anything about Luhan's return, so she still had no clue.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, always asked if Luhan came with the rest even though he always knew the answer. He had felt extremely bad that Soyoung was in the hospital because of him, and he felt extremely horrible that because of him, Luhan didn't get his chance to confess. From the reports that the boys have been givng him, Baekhyun knew well that Luhan was blaming himself

"Did he not come again?" Baekhyun asked as Sehun, Kai, Yixing, and Suho entered the room.

They shook their heads and sat on the chairs. 

"You know Luhan. He's just stubborn like that," Sehun spoke as he put down the packed lunch onto the night stand.

"Did you guys even tell him that what happened to Soyoung and me wasn't his fault?" 

"We'd be jerks if we didn't tell him that," Kai rolled his eyes. "That kid just doesn't believe us. Even though we told him that you said so, he wouldn't budge. I think he's just still super shocked that we almost lost two important lives."

"Especially on a day that he had planned somehting special? I'd be quite traumatized myself." Suho sighed and shook off the matter. "How are you feeling? Are you hurting anywhere?"

Baekhyun shook his head and put his bed up to a ninety degree position so that he could see the boys with ease. "I'm feeling fine. I actually feel perfectly fine. I don't see anything else with me, nor do I feel like anything's wrong with me. I just don't get why I can't leave the hospital yet."

"Just because you can't feel any pain or see any open wound doesn't mean that you're perfectly fine." Yixing took the packed lunch and opened them up, setting the side dishes on the stand. "If they discharge you now, you might come back a week later with some head pain or back pain even. They need to keep you supervised to make sure you're stable and that you won't return with anymore pain in the future."

"It's been two weeks since I got myself here, and I have never complained of any pain. I'm really sure that I'm perfectly fine,
 Baekhyun argued as he took the chopsticks from Yixing and began to eat.

The room remained quiet as Baekhyun ate his lunch.

 

 

 

"Luhan, you can't stay in there forever. You need to come out too, you know?" Kris stood by the male's door as he pounded on the door.

Everyday, Kris gather some of the boys to help get Luhan out of his rooms. They have always failed in doing so and always left within thirty minutes, but not today. Today, Kris was determined to get Luhan to come out of his room once and for all. Their secret weapon?

Lee Eunbyul.

"We haven't told Soyoung that you've returned to Seoul yet. If you don't come out now, we have no choice but to inform her," Chanyeol announced.

Luhan still gave no response from the other side.

"Your parents are also worried about you, you dimwit." Zico sighed heavily. Although he never really liked Luhan, he knew what he was going through, and he knew the guilt would heavily lay on Luhan's shoulders. Zico was also human, and so no matter how much he may dislike Luhan, or so he thought, he wouldn't want him to go through things alone.

Luhan didn't even budge.

The guys then looked to Eunbyul, their last hope.

They had been standing there for almost two hours now, trying to convince him, and for those two hours, Eunbyul hadn't said a single thing yet. After all, she was their secret weapon. If after they have tried everything and nothing works, they wanted her to be the voice to pull him out. They had a feeling she would be the key to getting him out from that cavern.

"I think we can only depend on you now," Kris quietly spoke.

Eunbyul exhaled quietly and nodded. Unlike the boys who had faith in her, Eunbyul felt that she wouldn't be a help at all. Luhan barely knew her and she barely knew Luhan. They only spoke a bit before back when they were preparing the cconfession site, but that was all. She had no confidence in herself to bring him out, but no one would ever know if she doesn't try.

Eunbyul swallowed and stepped up to the door. Before speaking, she gave a light knock on Luhan's door.

"Hey, Luhan. It's me, Eunbyul." She cleared awkwardly. It was uncomfotable to see the three guys stare at her as she was speaking. Kris, who noticed how uncomfortable she was, took the two men downstairs as they let her speak in peace, and so she continued. "Look, I know we've all been telling you continuously that it's not your fault for what has happened to Baekhyun and Soyoung. You're probably tired of hearing it, but I'll say it again. It wasn't your fault. It isn't your fault. It has never been your fault from the start. What has happened to Baekhyun and Soyoung was an unexpected accident that was caused by another accident down the road, and that's the truth."

She sighed heavily, not sure how to continue. She paused for a short moment before continuing as she had found the light of what to say and how to convince him. "I was once in your position too, so I know how you're feeling. There was a time in my life when a good friend of mine almost lost his life because of what he did, and what he was doing was for me. His name is Minsoo. There was a party going on, but we were short on some ingredients for the food, so I asked him to take a trip to the grocery store to buy some things... He was ran over by a drunk driver and quickly rushed to the hospital. It was an accident that I would never want anyone I love and cherish to go through, but it happened anyways, and I blamed myself for what happened. I was lucky that he was able to hold through all the pain, and when he finally woke up, I was so relieved. I never knew that something so small could cause the most heart breaking and horrifying moment in my life, and seeing that he had lasted through what I had thought I put him through, I was so relieved. Even when he woke up and became fine and healthy again, I continued to blame myself and I kept myself away from others who loved me and cherish me, just like what you're doing right now."

Eunbyul waited for a response, a sign, that he was listening to her. She knew Luhan must've known that she was waiting for a response, because once she paused, a light knock sounded on the door. A smile spread across her face, because that meant that Luhan was listening, and that at least showed that he was still alive in his room.

"It took me a long time to become who I was once and who I am now." Eunbyul put her hands onto the door knob and leaned her head against the door. "If it wasn't for Minsoo, I wouldn't have been able to return to my normal life. Do you know what he said to me when I was at the lowest in my life, when I felt like I could no longer find the light in my life because of that accident? He told me that the reason he was able to make it through such low chances of living was because of me, because I gave him strength to come back to the people he loves. He told me that because I continued to call for him, because the people he loved continued to pray for him, he was able to pass the tough stages and come back to us. That's why he told me it wasn't my fault, or anyone else's, and that applies to you too, Luhan. For what has happened to Baekhyun and Soyoung isn't your fault, because you continued to hope for their well-being and you continued to pray that they would be okay, and they are. Right now, they're up and smiling, and laughing, and able to enjoy life again, because out of all of us, you prayed the hardest and hoped for the best. They were able to pull through a miracle because of you, Luhan... Luhan, if it really had been your fault, do you think Soyoung and Baekhyun would have forgiven you? If it really was your fault, do you think Baekhyun would continue to ask us if you came with us to visit him? Of course not. He would've resented you so much, but because it's not your fault, he doesn't resent you at all. He misses you, Luhan... If it was your fault, do you think Soyoung would continue to think of you and dream of you?"

She paused at the mention of Soyoung. "Luhan, Soyoung misses you the most. She still doesn't even know that you've returned. I've spent a few nights with her, and every night that I've spent with her, she always dreams of you. She continues to call your name. Do you know how heart-broken I was every time she wakes up to see only me and the boys, but not you? Luhan, don't you see how she was able to pull such a miracle after going through the accident? It's because she was thinking of you the whole time. The whole time that she was on the verge of crossing the line of life and death, she was thinking of you. She knew she had to see you before she leaves us. She knew she had to see you before anything else happens to her. That's how she pulled through. She told me. Soyoung told me when I was staying the night with her. She told me that you were her miracle. She told me that, because of you, because she needed to see you, she couldn't just leave. You were her miracle, Luhan. You are her miracle. You need to get your up and out of that room and go see her right this instant. You need to tell her everything. She sruvived and lived till now, because she needs to hear those words. She's here right now becuase of you, Luhan. You can't just stay in your room like this."

Eunbyul's heart raced madly as she waited for another response. Everything she had said was all true, from her own experience, to the point of Soyoung telling her such things. Everyhing she had said was from the heart, and she only hoped that Luhan would wake up with her words. A few minutes, yet, Luhan made no movements, and Eunbyul knew he was hesitating.

"Listen, Luhan!" She  sighed heavily as she hit his door, not caring if she had probably scared him and the guys downstairs. She was irritated that he was taking so long to make a decision. She was mad that he was being so stubborn, though she should've known because Kai told her all the time. She just hadn't thought that Luhan would be this stubborn. "You need to get your sorry out of your damn room right now, and you need to go see both Baekhyun and Soyoung. I don't know if my words convinced you or not, but if you still believe what has happened is your fault, then get your out of that room right now and go apologize."

At the shoutings, Kris, Zico and Chanyeol ran up the stairs. It sounded urgent, and they were quite worried that maybe something had happened, but when they found Eunbyul raging in front of the door, they didn't do anything but listen to her words, because they agreed with her.

"If you really think this is your fault, you should go apologize, shouldn't you? You think it's right to just disappear on the world just because you think you caused something that would sin you for life? Okay, so what if it does sin you for life. The least you can do for Baekhyun and Soyoung is apologize, and show that your sorry is sufferring to show them that you're going through some type of pain, but really, like that would make them any happier. Get out of that room and do something at least, whether you believe it's your fault or not. You're making the rest of us suffer too. Now, that's something that really is your fault, and I have my words for it, so if you don't want to make more people suffer, get out of that room."

She breathed heavily as Kris patted her back, the boys grinning. They didn't want to be the one to break it to Luhan, and they were glad they didn't, because Eunbyul did an awesome job at it.

"I think that'll do it," Kris spoke quietly for only them to hear. "Come on, let's go. I'm sure something will happen from here."

"Nice job, Eunbyul," Zico smiled.

Chanyeol shot her a smile and headed downstairs first with the rest to follow.

Now, it was all up to Luhan to decide what to do.

 

 

 

"Here," Kyung held out the spoon of porridge towards Soyoung's lips. "You need to eat more if you want to get out of the hospital. The more you eat, the better."

Soyoung frowned and shook her head. "I've had enough. I don't think I can eat anymore."

Kyung sighed and placed the spoon back into the bowl of porridge. "Why are you refusing food? It's so unlike you. You usually devour everything you encounter."

Soyoung rolled her eyes as some of the guys snickered a laugh. "I just don't feel like eating anymore. I really do feel full. I finished most of the porridge. I think that's good enough."

"No. Finishing the whole bowl of porridge will be good enough, not most of it." Kyung pursed his lips before packing up the porridge. 

"Give her a break," Kyungsoo patted Soyoung's shoulder with a smile. "At least she's eating. It usually takes people quite a while to get their appetite back after an accident. We're all lucky that Soyoung's able to get up and eat already."

"Exactly." Soyoung stuck out her tongue at Kyung.

He rolled his eyes plafully as he grabbed the folded wheel chair fro beside the bed. "Alright. Well, since you're done eating, let's go check on Baekhyun like you had wanted to."

"Finally! I thought you guys had really forgotten that I requested to go see him."

With the help of the boys, Soyoung was carefully settled into the wheel chair then carefully pushed out of the room with them right behind her.

Soyoung's room and Baekhyun's room were just a few rooms away, so it wasn't hard to see each other, but when the boys weren't here, it did become quite difficult to see Baekhyun. Although she had received no severe injuries, her doctor explained that her strength wasn't to be used so much for now to keep her health stable, so when she needed to get into the wheel chair, she needed others to help her, and she really didn't like bothering the nurses.

Once they entered Baekhyun's room, Soyoung's smile widened.

"Hey," Baekhyun greeted her as so did the four others who came to visit him.

"Did you eat yet?" Soyoung asked him as Kyung pushed the wheel chair close to the bed.

"Yeah, just finished," he gave her a smile. "You?"

Soyoung smiled, nodded, and looked at the rest of the boys. "You guys ate too, didn't you?"

They all nodded their heads.

The room stayed quiet for some seconds. 

Baekhyun just stared at Soyoung. Everyone did, while Soyoung only smiled and looked down at her hands. For her, Baekhyun's heart ached. He knew that Soyoung knew they all had been hiding something for her, but as much as she may know that, she never did ask what it was, and that was what bothered Baekhyun so much. She continued to pretend that she didn't know and that she was okay, when really, she was dying of curiousity, He just wondered what it was that was holding her back.

"Are you in pain anywhere?" She asked him to break to the silence.

Baekhyn shook his head. "No, I'm fine. Because you're here, I'm guessing you're not feeling any pain either."

She shrugged, "Yeah."

Silence, once again.

Soyoung waited for someone to speak, but no one did. She waited for a movement, but no one moved. "I'm craving some ice cream."

"Should I go get some for you?" Kyungsoo volunteered as he nudged Kai.

Kai cleared his throat, "Yeah, me and Kyungsoo can go grab some for you, if you want."

Nothing else.

Soyoung waited for anyone else to sy something, but they were all waiting for her to speak. IT was always her. They were always waiting for her to speak. She gave them a smile, "That would be nice. Thank you."

The two boys then left the room, and once again, it was quiet.

Soyoung finally reached Baekhyun's eyes, and what she saw in his eyes saddened her. He seemed desperate for soemthing, although she had no idea what it was. He was looking at her, staring at her, gazing at her, as if he was desperate for her to say something. It made no sense to why he was being this way, but Soyoung didn't say anything. She just stared right back.

"This is awkward," she heard Sehun whisper, causing Baekhyun to look away.

Soyoung looked back down at her hands then motioned for Kyung to take her back. "I only came to check on you," she told Baekhyun with a smile. "If you're doing fine today, then I'm going back to my room. I'm feeling kind of tired today."

Baekhyun put on a smile and nodded, "Go and take a good rest. I'll come by later when you're awake."

Kyung held the handles and pushed her out of the room.

Once she left the room, her smile dropped, and it was replaced with a frown. 

He was definitely hiding something.

Everyone was hiding something, and Soyoung was going to find out what it was that everyone's trying so hard to hide. 

 


 

Author's Note♥:

EXO's comeback. Guys. I almost died. They all were so darn beautiful & the songs from the album were definite killers. My favorite from the album is Playboy & Lady Luck. Those two songs just got me good & Kai got so many more lines. His voice is freaking asdfghjkl! He really has the potential & talent to SING & Rap. Especially Sing. His voice is very unique also, so I'm sure he'll get even more lines in the future. Sehun barely got any lines though, so I hope SM will give him more lines for their next comeback, or repackage album, if they have one, which I'm sure they will have. Anyways, guys, I hope you guys felt okay reading this chapter. It didn't really satisfy me to write this chapter like this, but I felt I can't fix it for a better scene... Well, thanks for reading! Love you beautifuls!

 

ThankFor Subscribing∞:
Thanks to these BEAUTIFUL people who subscribed to 'JUST Common Sense'! 
♥ | roxxanne | carpediiem | unrequited-lover | kkatherina | kmarieily | reina-k-D_O | CITYOFJOANNE | KittyC | MsAwesomeTokki | pandamaomao | venasan | Imjustagirlnextdoor | htethnin | Lunew21 | iambrielleiant | Alicevandort | blueisland101 | xkimchi | asian_ninja712 | BlingBlingTiger | pandalolove | saranghaexo88 | Lynnda | Chubbiee | avisdawn | Jiyeon_JN | -Anita | Micha0524 | isabelleloveluhan | KPOPCHICKKAA | snadya | xSungYoung | ChaCha24 | 2pmfan4ever | rheesmiles | asdfjkl_unknown | absadeeheng | i-am-serene | hungryPie | kawailu | rainbow_bananas | AkaruiHoshi | liralyre | SMfan4evrAKB48 | Hellogec4 | Clou9Nine | dreamandshine | KaeJae | Yue97BAL | jungseungyeon | pretty_pamela | Putri02 |akpopfan | jain127 | jujube1908 | laceyblare | Cold-TowardsYou | Natalie_phuah96 | fangirl2000   | ExoticBabyArmy | kimminjung112 | chineseandkoreanboys | dbsk_cassie | oranghead | jia_loveluv | minhyuk-baegopa | PressPlay |jasminejane | krisgangsta | berry1207  |Chocolithugsyukiandini | leehyunae_pearl |I-Love-EXO | bacon9 | hanxing | itzailee Tokkichu | LilRosiie | pupamika | Kpopsizzle | BBgirly | TheRedEyedWolf | xingxingbaekhyeonnie | cutielove1108 | lolydev | Heyinpiniteu | ronnieee | blueskyy  Cakepopsareawesome12 | infinitybaby | LoveKpopBoyBand | exoticstaorin  lisatran wariii YuNgWoNnIe Supafast_Jellyfish shin_chaye  scattered  ravenous_red  thekyuhyunie lin_ling9697 chiel13 | Kitty_Min | Haesica08 | CakePOP_Crush | Khimmie | thechanyeolvirus | ggie15 | sela_305 | Rielah| euniice9 | flammerablelovelove | aNDe4STAR | lucy_0960 | JeLLY_BeaNS | xxikpxx | miiskax | Vieffje | Millies | luckystar92 | november11 | shiki3600 | 999666 | natasyaain | MaRiA2000 | chaeki19 | CamillaN | LuhanLittleDeer | PanXxhsu | --bubbletea-- | Kosianfanfics | XXanimexliveActionXX | Iamgay1 | Teamin | louise_sone | djputitbackon | fxkrys | RiaSkittles| | Nubci4 | luhannieyy | Nabylah91 | NightPM | originme0324 | Yeonyeonna | nasaroytaki | Deeena | Joesphine | kwangmin2001 | chinkieachel | naham142 | dawnxiamara | dancingdeermachine | diemsee | yangyomine | sleeplessnight | Deeelfy | Nami_97 | arenith | bygluvar | choxaxa | raniaa | PaoLu42090 | chie22 | KL_PINEAPPLE | Solana401 | Cjayyy | Fishys_Wife | Oswins | chenniey | numico | luckytohaveu | Exo_Fighting | EykaaFinkuru | fian_octa | anvancaro | 10strawberri | Pikrachu | macky1989 | miraluhan | Tafunazasso | TheBlossom122 | venus1014 | lolipop_18 | kirakinz | Asiangirl_21 | kimyunmi | J-loves | RegitaS | chanluhan | kissmelover123 | Stef-Luvs-Kpop | ShadyCakes | ZackeryFrost | anasianlover | naa_ly88 | KaWing | Reyzus | BubblySnowflake | Zawmhan | Kpoplover1307 | bfb1a499 | Hunnnie | beantart | exopuzzle | sharsharr | evolkpop | maizaux | Sparklebutterfly | ManUnited | HyueSung | BANA_STARLIGHT | Yvaine | xxsyfaizh | bevbrandy13 | sweetieana | remyeollie | Aeviou | Vorticism | Kpopidolwannabe| BabyHan | Got7saranghae | seductive_fairy | evoleihsif21 | kpoprocks56 | asimpleasian | 574109 | aretirabell | kawaiifangurl4lyf | xoxo128 | bellaburn | chanyeolequallove | kha7irun96 | seosohee | forevaluvkpop | RosaKhang | joycetricia | Eunhee48 | lourdeslulu | hannamprasetyo | infinitehopes | LovelySoulmate | ekashafyka | zombieee | kiss_xander23 | exofantasticelfshine | -Snow_White- | Qiwenn | Taelin | ainluhanexo | byun_haemi | moonlight07 | Lealiss | peace1212 | myamya | alelealee | hellostrangersheart | oppajj | myamya | alelealee | hellostrangersheart | dodooro | raiza03 | KrYxing | luexoxiolu | nina3132 | Hotcakes1800 | Fluffy_bunny16 | FuzzyBall34| sparklingdresses | its_kimchixx | _yoonie_ | Nessal | fyminseok | Zilkeeny | livihwang | xinfinity2010 | kimchiiee | LollieCupcakes | Thewolf-whocried-ma | sparklingdresses | dekleene87 | squeakumz | Stacy-lacy | HyeMean | Chromic-Karneval | Dian821 | meinim | megan14 | lulumygosh | nakatsudesu2 | ShikshinLovesTurtle | ZLchin | Chocoholics28 | Derpyna | attatya | Grwlhan | SonJieun | babypandacakes | irenexo13 | xiaozharbor | gdlovesme | emeezed | leeyumi | hanasong | christinegorilla | exooverdose77 | wintermintcookie | Giggles02 | babyboo07 | sbroces | Sarnadh | sarishay | Renzo0o | Penbook | maryship | beejanmi | Fadilla | Kim_Joyce | randomlady | fi3srdn | Babey_Ella | rainbowunicorn1 | naegalaxy | kimmeth | patricianicole624 | pastel-sky | thrownhopes | BapUkiss | musicgurl | xoTANox | CNSD999 | EykaaFinkuru | denisse143 | vernfantasia | Dolphin_Uranus | moonlight_23 | playthepiano | Fei_Lin | SakunoEchizen | Zimin131 | hikaraexo| Mizuku | misseunhye | maizaux | rahmasari | MapuiiRalte | Cassie07 | V-Kookie | Keke_Yessir | |lulu_1320 | Zuali_Renthlei |