Chapter 20

JUST Common Sense

Luhan's POV

Eating late, super late, lunch, or I guess we can call it early dinner, with Soyoung was quite awkward. The hospital’s café was small, but it was comfortable and pleasant.

Yes, Soyoung is with me.

It was a weird encounter I had with her. For one, I didn’t expect her to be here at the hospital. And for two, she was sitting alone on the stairs in an aftermath state of crying. She was sniffing and kept wiping at her face when I saw her. I’ve got to admit; hearing someone cry in the hospital when you’re alone is quite … petrifying. But when I saw that it was Soyoung, the feeling of being afraid went away and I immediately began to wonder, why?

Why is she here at the hospital?

Why is she here on the stairs?

Why is she crying?

Why?

I quickly approached her after that, and believe me, she was embarrassed to have me see her in that state. It was written all over her face even if she doesn’t say anything. She wouldn’t tell me what was wrong, but quickly assured me that she was fine, so I stopped asking her. If she doesn’t want to tell me, I understand. I wouldn’t tell her either, if I was in her position, but that will never happen.

She seemed like she had nowhere to go for now, so I asked her if she would want to accompany me to get some food, telling her that I didn’t eat yet. She obliged and here she was, with me right now.

I actually don’t mind her presence. At least doing this would sort of pay off my debt of owing her for saving Mei Lien. Plus, she looks like she needs food anyways. She’s way too skinny.

I gave a sincere smile while pushing the bowl of seaweed soup towards her. “Eat this,” I told her. “It’s good for your body. When I was younger, before I left for China, I used to throw tantrums a lot. When I do that, my mom would make me some seaweed soup and tell me to eat it. It actually helps me calmer than before.”

Soyoung stared at the bowl before looking up at me with a neutral expression. “Are you saying that I’m throwing a tantrum right now?”

I was taken aback by her question. Obviously, that wasn’t what I had meant.

“I’m trying to say that it will make you feel better,” I assured her, urging her to eat it.

She sighed heavily before picking up the spoon and eating the soup. Feeling slightly more content, I began eating as well. Soyoung seemed like a whole different person today. I don’t know what had happened to her, and I’m not going to bother asking her, but let’s just hope that she’ll be back to normal tomorrow, or by the end of the day.

 

 

“Thanks for letting me eat with you,” she muttered, not even looking me in the eye.

I had the urge to tell her that it was for paying her back for saving Mei Lien, but kept myself from doing so, because one, that wasn’t the only reason. And two, I don’t want to ruin her day even more.

“Yeah, no problem,” I managed out instead. I looked up to see the gray clouds and no ray of sun. I dropped my gaze back down to her. “Are you sure you don’t need me to send you? It looks like it’s about to rain.”

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

She finally looked at me and gave me a weak smile. I felt relieved, for some odd reason.

“Thanks for the offer though,” I thanked me with a curt bow. “Maybe I’ll see you later, if you’re going home?”

Without thinking, I nodded. “I’ll be home.”

“That’s good then,” she pursed her lips with a sigh before waving. “Bye.”

And like that, she walked out of sight.

That’s when I sighed.

I hadn’t thought of heading home today, honestly. I didn’t even realize that I had said that, at least not until she’s already confirmed it with ‘that’s good then’. What is that supposed to mean?

I don’t know. What was that supposed to mean? I shrugged it off before heading back inside the hospital. Thank god, I’m full now after all of that food.

Hm. She’ll see me when I get home, though?

Okay, for her sake, I’ll look forward to seeing her too. For her sake.

 

 

 

No One's POV

“Yo, Luhan, who was that girl you were walking with outside?” Sehun asked when Luhan went back to the rest of the boys in Chanyeol’s hospital room. “She looks familiar, but I didn’t get to see her face.”

Everyone turned their attention to the said male.

“You stalked me?” Luhan questioned as he settled onto the hospital armchair.

“I went out to get a drink and just saw,” the younger one defended himself.

 “It was Soyoung.” Luhan shrugged it off as if it was nothing.

“Soyoung?” Kris repeated in a question form.

“Your neighbor?” Lay added after the foreign leader.

“The one girl that you brought over to Kris’s place the other day?” Kai raised his brows.

“That girl you argued with?” Tao jumped in.

“Her? The girl that can’t get our names right?” Sehun gawked.

“Ah, she’s the girl Suho made you go out in the rain to fetch?” Xiumin joined.

“That girl?” D.O wanted to laugh, quite amused.

The questions were shot out at an amazingly furious speed as Luhan had to quickly reply it in his head to figure out their questions.

“Yeah,” Luhan answered, quite annoyed by the way they had asked, “Her.”

“That’s weird,” Chanyeol mused. “You didn’t argue with her today, did you? You guys were literally at each other’s neck the other day.”

At the thought of that day of their argument to that night when Luhan apologized and fixed everything, Luhan’s cheeks turned a crimson red. He didn’t know why the thought of that night always warmed him up, but he sure does know why it happened. He’d be so dead if the guys found out about that night, though. They’d make fun of him. He had let his pride down for a girl.

Correction; A girl that isn’t Yun Yi.

“Oh, you’re blushing,” Suho pointed out with a sly smile.

“I’m not,” Luhan tried to play it out cool, his expression neutral like always. “It just happened that we didn’t argue today. She looked sad so I thought it’d be kind of me to not say anything to her.”

“And that’s why you treated her to some food?” Sehun challenged.

Luhan whipped his head to the left, eyeing Sehun with an annoyed look. “You said you didn’t follow me.”

“I was curious,” the younger one averted eyes, wanting to crack up.

“You treated her to food?” Chanyeol gawked.

“Since when does Luhan treat girls to food?” Chen chuckled, earning himself a glare.

Sighing in defeat, Luhan spoke, “Guys, we just bumped into each other and she looked sad. I was going for some food anyways so I thought it’d be kind of me to offer her to come along.”

“Wait, you? Being kind?” Baekhyun guffawed. “Unbelievable.”

“What’s wrong with being kind once in a while?” Luhan glared at Baekhyun.

The others just laughed it off.

“Luhan, let’s face it, you’re just not kind,” Baekhyun offered to slip in the truth. The guys couldn’t help but nod with some laughter hinted along.

“Are you kidding me?” Luhan scoffed. “I can be kind. In fact, I am kind.”

“Name a time when you were ever kind,” Baekhyun challenged with an entertained grin. He’s winning already.

“Oh, lord,” Luhan rolled his eyes before listing. “Times when I was kind in the past. Okay, remember that time when Kris was sick so I went to all of his classes just to get his assignments and I was late for dance class but I didn’t complain? And that time when Xiumin wanted to buy that expensive necklace for his ex-girlfriend because their 1 month anniversary was in two days but he didn’t have enough money so I purchased it for him so he could give it to her? Oh! And that time when Tao was rejected by the girl he liked so I treated him out so he would feel better. And of course, Chen didn’t do his homework for math class so I gave mines to him and I ended up getting the punishment instead. There’s more. That time when you Skyped me with that Chinese girl you liked and asked me to talk to her for you because you didn’t know much Chinese so I had to translate your every word to her in Chinese, which was a pain in the . There was also that time when Lay wanted to perform a dance for the girl he liked as his confession to her, but he was so nervous that he couldn’t come up with a dance at the top of his head so I gave him my choreography so he can confess to her in that way. And you know I don’t give away my choreography easily. There’s too much, but I’ll name this much, because they’re all downright kind.”

Kris nodded, “That’s true. They are. I mean, you did grab my homework for me and was late to dance class but didn’t complain. Yup, then the next day, you used that against me into buying you food, putting me in a guilt trap.”

“I remember that necklace,” Xiumin chuckled. “I told you that my ex really liked it, so you told me to treat you out to some food.”

“Yeah, a week after you treated me out when I got rejected, you made me buy you donuts,” Tao frowned deliberately.  

“Hey, you may have gotten the punishment, but I paid you back and did your homework for a whole week after that,” Chen defended.

“I didn’t even use your choreography though,” Lay rolled his eyes.

“That’s because you changed your mind and confessed to her by just giving her chocolates,” Luhan rolled his eyes at Lay’s response. “I was still being kind by offering some help by suggesting and showing you my choreography.”

“You made me buy you lunch for a whole month because of that,” Lay sneered.

Luhan sighed. *Damn, they’re all going against me.*

“Just add,” Baekhyun cleared his throat with an amused grin, “That Chinese girl that you helped talk to for me confessed to you that she liked you instead of me.”

“No one told you to make me talk to her,” the latter flared. “You should’ve known that she would’ve fallen for me at first sight.”

Baekhyun cringed slightly but got back to point. “Anyways, do you not see what we’re trying to say here? As ‘kind’ as you can be, you’ll always use it against the person for them to do something in return. That isn’t being kind. That’s called an eye for an eye, or whatever it’s called.”

“It’s not like I meant to,” Luhan tried defending himself. “It just came to be.”

Suho chuckled, “Maybe it really did come to be. What’s up with you making them buy you food in return though?”

The rest laughed at the connection Suho made while Luhan sulked.

*I am kind, okay?* he reminded himself as the others made fun of him.

 

 

 

 

                | “Soyoung, where are you?” Zico spoke on the other line.

                | “I’m already home,” Soyoung replied as she sighed heavily. “Sorry for not telling you. I wasn’t feeling well.”

                | “And because we were at the hospital, you went back home because you weren’t feeling well?” She could hear Zico laugh through the phone. “How ironic.”

Soyoung cracked a small smile. Ironic it is.

A long sigh escaped from Zico’s line before he spoke again.

                | “I’ll be over soon, okay?” His voice softened as he asked for permission in which Soyoung granted before hanging up.

From his tone, Soyoung knew he had a hard day too, just like her. Whatever Songhye had said to Zico, Soyoung knew that it must’ve been hard for Zico.

 

Zico made himself inside as Soyoung opened the door wider to let him in. Neither of them said a word to each other as they sat side by side. There wasn’t anything to talk about. There’s nothing to discuss as of right now.

They just needed silence right now. They just needed peace and quiet for now and nothing else because in a couple of days, things wouldn’t be so quiet and the silence would be what they miss.

The Kim’s house phone suddenly rang, but neither of them bothered to move an inch. Soyoung didn’t even bother to pick up.

After the fifth ring, Zico sighed. “Pick up the phone. It could be something important.”

Yet, Soyoung didn’t bother to move. Once again, the male sighed before looking over to the female only to soften.

There, stressed out and concerned, sat a Soyoung who was soundly asleep, head nodding off. A gentle smile swiped across Zico’s face.

*Pabo cheonsa.* He lifted his arm and with gentle care, he carefully placed her nodding head onto his broad shoulder. Feeling comforted, Soyoung unconsciously moved closer and snuggled against him. *It must’ve been a harsh day for you today…*

He pressed his head against hers and sighed quietly for the umpteenth time that day. *Let’s just hope for the best, Soyoung.*

And for the rest of that day, they stated like that; Soyoung asleep beside Zico and Zico asleep beside Soyoung. Whether the phone rang again that day or not, they didn’t know, because it was about time they escaped reality, even if it was for just some hours.

 


 

Author's Note♥:

Updated! School's really taking a toll on me. I don't update as fast anymore. I'm sorry guys! I'm trying my best!

On another note, I just wanted to let you guys know that I have taken the bonus chapters down & they are no longer here. I had moved those bonus chapters to another place, which is here:

| Here |

The reason why I moved it is because those chapters are just bonus chapters & they don't really have anything to do with the plot itself. Sure, the characters are the same & all, but they don't necessarily interfere with the plot so I don't want any confusions! :)

The reason why I moved it & not delete it? Because I have a feeling that some of you guys might want to reread those Bonus chapters & if you do, they're right there! So go ahead & read them! That's where all my future bonus chapters for this story will go to after it gets posted here for about a week or two.

Don't forget to COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE & OR UPVOTE on your own will. I'd very appreciate it though ;D

 

 

 

Thanks For Subscribing∞:

Thanks to these BEAUTIFUL people who subscribed to 'JUST Common Sense'!

| roxxanne | carpediiem | unrequited-lover | kkatherina | kmarieily | reina-k-D_O | CITYOFJOANNE | KittyC | MsAwesomeTokki | pandamaomao | venasan | Imjustagirlnextdoor | htethnin | Lunew21 | iambrielleiant | Alicevandort | blueisland101 | xkimchi | asian_ninja712 | BlingBlingTiger | pandalolove | saranghaexo88 | Lynnda | Chubbiee | avisdawn | Jiyeon_JN | -Anita | Micha0524 | isabelleloveluhan | KPOPCHICKKAA | snadya | xSungYoung | ChaCha24 | 2pmfan4ever | rheesmiles | asdfjkl_unknown | absadeeheng | i-am-serene | hungryPie | kawailu | rainbow_bananas | AkaruiHoshi | liralyre | SMfan4evrAKB48 | Hellogec4 | Clou9Nine | dreamandshine | KaeJae | Yue97BAL | jungseungyeon | pretty_pamela | Putri02 |akpopfan | jain127 | jujube1908 | laceyblare | Cold-TowardsYou | Natalie_phuah96 | fangirl2000   | ExoticBabyArmy | kimminjung112 | chineseandkoreanboys | dbsk_cassie | oranghead | jia_loveluv | minhyuk-baegopa | PressPlay |jasminejane | krisgangsta | berry1207 |