Chapter 4

JUST Common Sense

 

No One's POV

3 months. It has been 3 months since school ended for Soyoung and since Luhan came back to live in Seoul. It had been a weird 2 months, yet comforting. Soyoung’s mom had FINALLY let her off from doing chores and let her enjoy her summer, knowing that she was going to attend college this coming fall. Not only that, but she has gotten lots of more time to hang out with Kyung and Zico too. As for Luhan, he had been enjoying time with the rest of EXO most of the time, doing this and that, going from place to place. To total it up, they both were contented with summer life so far. Now they only have a couple of weeks left before college starts for them.

 

Luhan's POV

I woke up with the sun shining in my face. I groaned, not wanting to get up yet. I had forgotten to close the shades and now I regret for forgetting. It let the sun wake up me. What a nuisance.

I sighed, dragging myself out of bed. I grabbed my towel and a pair of clothes, heading to the bathroom. I the faucet – scratch that. I tried to turn on the faucet, but nothing was coming out from it. Curious, I turned the tub’s faucet on too, but no water came out. I groaned. Is there something wrong with the water pipe or something?

I was about to call out for my dad, but stopped abruptly. *Damn, they’re still on their trip.*

Yes, they were on their summer trip to the U.S, leaving me here because I chose to. I would be bored to death if I chose to go anyways. I was never interested in the U.S and I didn’t want to get in the way of my parent’s time. Instead, I walked back into my room, picked up my cell phone, and called my dad.

“Dad, the water isn’t coming. I think there’s something wrong with the,” I spoke tiredly when he picked.

I yawned as he told me to check all the other water ways in the house. I checked the kitchen sink – nothing. I checked the basement’s bath tub faucet – nothing. Even the basement’s sink didn’t have any water. I walked outside into the hot sun, shirtless, not bothering to even putting on a shirt. I slept like this and woke up like this, no big deal. It’s not like I’m going anywhere anyways. Just checking the hoes outside. Like expected, no water.

“There’s really no water coming out anywhere,” I yawned once again. I’m still truly tired.

Yesterday night, I was at Chanyeol’s place with the others and we basically bombed there till 4 in the morning. It was noon, but I was still tired. As tired as I was, my eyes popped open when I heard my parents’ suggestion of what I should do.

“No, that’s embarrassing, dad!” I whined. Trust me, it really is. I’m not close to the Kim’s like that. My parents may be, but I’m not and that suggestion made everything sound worst. “Staying over at the Kim’s for a couple of days is embarrassing. I didn’t even wash up yet. If I just show up without washing up, that’s not presentable at all.”

Your mother had already confirmed it with the Kim’s just now. They said it’s fine for you to stay over for a few days until your mother and I come back.” Dad, this is crazy. You really can’t expect me to do this. “I have to go, son. You better show up at their place. If you don’t , it will make  us look bad because we already told them.

Before I could even reject the idea once again, my dad hung up. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

Great.

Just great.

Perfect even.

 

 

 

Soyoung’s POV

I sat up and stretched, letting out a loud yawn. Best sleep since forever. Waking up in the afternoon really is the best sleep I’ll ever get. I smiled seeing the sunlight shine through my window as it laid nicely across my bed and onto me. It was so pretty. I was in a good mood waking up when I felt like it. If this could happen every day, everything in life would be so great.

Still feeling the sleepiness in my body, I slowly pulled myself out of bed. I need to shower. I always do when I can. Showering right when you get out of bed is probably the best thing after waking up. Grabbing my towel and an extra pair of clothes, I walked out of my room, still a bit dazed.

It smelled good. The scent I was smelling as I neared the bathroom. I wonder, is dad using a different type of shampoo now?

My eye were still heavy as I walked, enjoying the scent. Okay, I honestly LOVE this scent. It’s so refreshing. I stood by the bathroom door, knowing my dad was still in the shower. I yawned once in a while before I heard the shower turn off and I straightened up.

About time he was done. Since when does dad take so long in the shower?

The door flung open as I scolded with my eyes closed due to the tiredness in my body that still dragged, “Dad, you took so long in there. Since when do you use that shampoo? It smelled so good --“

My eyes widened as I let out shrilled scream. On the other hand, the handsome young man in front of me also let out a shout. I quickly pushed him causing him to stumble backwards and falling on his as I leaned against the wall in fear. “Who are you?! What are you doing here?!”

He got up and rubbed his in pain. His face was left with a scowl and it was then that I realized … He was shirtless. A hot guy is in my house, in my bathroom, shirtless. His mini-formed abs… Oh gosh! I quickly covered my eyes, feeling blood creep up to my cheeks.  “Answer me!” I yelled, my eyes covered. I don’t know whether I should feel scared or I should be embarrassed. For one, I called him dad. Two, I just admitted that he smells good and now for three, he is SHIRTLESS.

I heard quick shuffling up the stairs. “Soyoung, what’s wrong?!” I heard my dad shout as he ran over to me. I hid behind my dad. My savior was here, thank god.

I pointed at the guy in the bathroom. “H-Him! Who is he?!” I took a small peek at the familiar looking guy. Yes, he looks familiar. Very familiar but I couldn’t make out where I had seen him before. I saw him knit his eyebrows together.

“Mr. Kim?” Gosh, his voice sounded familiar too, and I’ve got to admit. It sounded really nice to my ears.

I heard my dad laugh, leaving both the guy and me in confusion. “Come here,” my dad dragged me out from behind him. “This is my daughter, Soyoung,” my dad spoke to the guy. The insanely good-looking guy. And no, I am not ashamed to have admit that. I saw his expression of confusion change to surprise, his mouth forming an “O” shape.

“I see,” he said quietly. He still seemed uncomfortable, but who is he to blame? I’m uncomfortable here too.

“Soyoung,” my dad looked at me. I looked at him. “This,” he nodded at the guy, “is Lu Han, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Lu."

My jaw dropped. Say what?!

“Do you guys really not recognize each other?” my dad laughed, patting my back. “It really has been a long time then, huh? Luhan, why don’t you get dressed and have a talk with Soyoung? You know, time to catch up, right?”

Luhan quickly bowed, “Okay, Mr. Kim.” He walked pass me and my dad as he made his way into the room across from mines. The guest room.

I looked up to my dad for explanation. So that was Luhan, but what was he doing here?

“I’ll tell you later of why he’s here if he doesn’t tell you,” my dad replied with a grin. He knew the look on my face without having me to ask. “Go shower quickly and come down for Lunch. Remember to call Luhan to eat to, okay?” and with that, he left me hanging.

What a beautiful day, right? I don’t even know any more if it’s a good day or bad day anymore, but it sure started out with an embarrassing event.

 

 

 

After a refreshing shower and dressing up in shorts with a t-shirt, I texted Zico. I told him about Luhan, that Luhan was here at my place. Instead of getting a text back, I received a call, which I picked up right away.

He’s really there?” I can hear the curiosity in Zico’s voice.

“Uhmm, yeah,” I replied awkwardly. Zico, there was a reason why I texted and not call.

“So how is it?”

“What do you mean?”

“I dunno. How does he look? Does he look different from when we were younger?”

Different from when we were younger…? Pfft! I don’t even remember how he looked when we were younger.

“Uhh … I dunno. I don’t remember how he looks when were younger, honestly. But his looks now… He’s … decent. Not that good looking, but not ugly either.”

“You have such a good memory.” I could hear the sarcasm in his voice causing me to laugh.

“I know, right?”

Just then, I heard my bedroom door open. I turned to see who had came in. My eyebrows raised when I saw that it was him, Luhan.

“Uhh, sorry, is there something I can help you with?” I asked Luhan, not listening to what Zico was saying on the other line.

He looked at me with a neutral expression. Thank god he has a shirt on now. “I was told to come tell you to come eat.”

“Oh,” I replied blandly, getting up from laying on my stomach. “Thanks. Can you knock next time though? It’s kinda rude to just walk in on people, you know?”

I could’ve sworn he rolled his eyes just now. “We’re even, right? You called me your dad and I came in without knocking. We both did wrong there. If I’m correct, I’m not even close your dad’s age.”

My eyes widened. Was that an insult to my dad, or was he just saying?

“Excuse me?” I gasped.

“Common sense. Come down and eat. Mr. and Mrs. Kim are tired of waiting for you.” And he left it at that.

I gaped at him. Rude much?! What kind of guest does that?

“Soyoung-a. Yah, Soyoung, are you still there?” I heard the other line spoke, causing me to come out of my thoughts.

“Y-yeah I’m still here, but I gotta go Zico. Lunch time for me.”

I heard him chuckle. “Alright, go get your food, you lazy bum.”

I laughed and hung up. Was Luhan like this in the past?

 I don’t know and I  don’t remember, but he better not continue being like that. I will kill him if he does.

 

 

 

Luhan's POV

I went back to the guest’s room after lunch. Mr. and Mrs. Kim suggested that I stay inside today because it was humid out. Not only that, but they had to leave for somewhere, I have no idea where, but they told me and Soyoung to catch up on each other … So that’s why I’m here.

 I don’t care about catching up with her. I barely know her. I barely even remembered that she existed. It’s not an insult, it was the truth. Well, now that the adults are gone and the girl had gone back to her room, I can stay in the room as well.

I had to stay here. I figured out earlier that the water wasn’t working at my house. Well, it’s the same with the electricity, unfortunately. The lights aren’t working either and the T.V isn’t either. Staying here was better for me anyways. Plus, Mr. and Mrs. Kim were welcoming so I don’t feel embarrassed for coming over anymore.

That was until someone called me ‘dad’.

Sigh.

What the hell? Do you not have eyes? Do I look like your dad?

If she didn’t know, being called a ‘dad’ is quite uncomfortable. I hid it from everyone, but inside, my heart beat was accelerating. That’s just how embarrassed I felt. I have no idea why, but I just find it extremely… You know what I mean. I’m not old, you know?

That Soyoung girl is so weird. Probably short termed memory too. I think she forgot me from our last meeting, or our fail dinner outing, if you want to call it. I can’t believe that she’s their daughter though.

Kim Soyoung was the girl that I bumped into about 3 months back when we went out to the family dinner outing. The same girl I told Kris about.

I’ve got to admit, I almost couldn’t recognize her because she has no make-up on, but with my good memory, I remembered. Thinking about it, she was never this good looking when we were younger. She was so messy when we were little. Now, she has more of a feminine look to her that somehow makes her stand out, but don’t get me wrong. She isn’t my type and I could care less about taking interest in her.

I’m just grossed out that I had told Kris how her body was like. The S-line shape and the size. It was now uncomfortable now that I think about.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m no ert. Not kidding. I just have those guy moments at times, you know? Trust me, I will never fall for her or even have the slightest interest in her. It’s just too weird. Plus, I can find better girls anywhere. Girls are all over me on Facebook and they fawn over me all the time when I go out in public. They can try to act cool as if they don’t care, but I can see right through them.

Talking about Facebook, I logged in and took a quick selca, posting up with a status: 

 

Within five minutes, my post hit the 500 likes and some comments.

Honestly, I don’t even know half of these people. It’s sorta annoying, but I guess I got use to it. As long as they don’t message and pester me, then I’m good. I honestly don’t even know how I came to be Facebook famous.

I read the comments with a dull face, no expression coming to town, but did when Sehun commented.

After reading his ridiculous comment, I quickly commented down.

It was just our way of playing around and people knew that. Believe it or not, but the rest of EXO are also Facebook famous like me and people who add us or subscribe to us knows that we’re all very close friends in real life, not just online.

I sighed, clicking my home button and switching the screens back and forth. I was bored out of my mind and I really don’t know what to do. I felt rude if I just go and turn on the TV, so I guess no TV for me for today.  “How long do I have to go like this for?” I whispered to myself. Boredom. I hate it to the core. Mom, dad, please come home quickly.

 

 


Author's Note♥:

Hi, subbies & readers. How are you guys liking this story so far? I hope you guys are enjoying it. I feel like my chapters are really y & if they are, I'm sorry! Haha.
A lot of you guys are saying that you guys really like the Facebook layout I used for the "Getting To Know The Characters" & I do to, honestly. I was looking around & suddenly saw the Facebook layout here on AFF & something clicked in my mind to use that layout for the characters & that was why I had a separate chapter for it & not put it in my Forward. For some of you guys who had asked, I did not make the layout. :)

As for the Facebook layout for this chapter, the owners are different & so is the layout itself.

Anyways, GUYS, it's FRIDAY, THE 13TH! Some weird stuff happened to me today, in the morning! Did anything happen to you? Comment below & tell me, or feel free to PM or post on my wall! I would love to know what happened!

Another thing, I sincerely thank you all who are reading & supporting this story. I'm so proud to have you guys read this story.

 

 

Thanks For Subscribing∞:
Thanks to these BEAUTIFUL people who subscribed to 'JUST Common Sense'!

| roxxanne | carpediiem | unrequited-lover | kkatherina | kmarieily | reina-k-D_O | CITYOFJOANNE | KittyC | MsAwesomeTokki | pandamaomao | venasan | Imjustagirlnextdoor | htethnin | Lunew21 | iambrielleiant | Alicevandort | blueisland101 | xkimchi | asian_ninja712 | BlingBlingTiger | pandalolove | saranghaexo88 | Lynnda | Chubbiee |