Chapter 12

JUST Common Sense

 

No One's POV

It’s been four days since Kyung’s mom was admitted to the hospital and she was feeling much better than when she first step foot there the first day. Zico and Kyung didn’t have much time to talk to Soyoung and took care of Mrs. Park in the hospital. Sometimes, Soyoung visited her as well, bringing her food that she loves. Although Mrs. Park felt bad that she was taking time away from their friendship, none of them minded. It was no problem, and it wasn’t taking time from anyone’s friendship. Like this, they would all just learn.

 

Today, as the sun shined brightly, Soyoung had woken up earlier than usual. She had no idea why she had such a hard time sleeping yesterday and waking up at 6 AM to not be able to fall back to sleep. Frustrated that she couldn’t sleep, Soyoung took a quick shower before heading outside. She overlooked the garden in front of her parents’ house. They were alive and proudly blooming, but they looked thirsty.

Having nothing to do, Soyoung got the hose and the water. She walked over to the plants and flowers that colored her yard. Holding up the hose, she sprinkled the plants with the water that they yearned for. She smiled upon seeing how nice the water looked in the sunlight. It wasn’t too cold nor was it too hot outside and with the water riding the midst of the wind, she couldn’t help but feel much better than when she was still in bed.

Her parents had left the house to her two days ago as they said they had to go on a business trip along with Luhan’s parents. Mrs. Lu had suggested that she could go over to their place if she was afraid to sleep alone in a house, but she rejected the idea as polite as she could.

First of all, it would be super awkward if she did that because it wasn’t just Luhan in the house, but the guests that were over at his place. She had seen a girl her age and a little girl lingering around his place and figured that they were visitors of the Lu’s. She didn’t dare bother them. And secondly, she wasn’t scared to sleep alone in a house. Heck, she’s done that so much times already and she actually liked it. It made her feel like she owns that place and the feeling was a nice one.

As she merrily watered the plant, she saw the little girl from Luhan’s place come out with a ball and played in the yard all by herself. Although it was just the little girl herself, she seemed to be having fun as she laughed and smile every time she kicked the ball and ran after it. Soyoung’s face lit up upon seeing the little girl.

*How adorable!* Soyoung’s mind shouted of glee.

The little girl looked up from the ball and met eyes with Soyoung. Soyoung smiled bigger and waved at the little girl. As expected, the little girl waved back excitedly, causing laughter from Soyoung. She continue to play with her ball as Soyoung watched her intently, still watering the plants.

It was then that the girl had kicked the ball too hard and it rolled towards the street. Soyoung’s smile was wiped off her face with she saw a car coming, but that wasn’t the problem. The problem was that the little girl ran after the ball to the middle of the street unaware of the car.

“Y-yah!” Soyoung yelled out as she dropped the hose and ran towards the little girl that still wasn’t aware of the moving vehicle. The driver hadn’t taken notice of his surroundings either as he drove on as well. “Yah! Move out of the street!” But the little girl didn’t seem to hear or pay attention.

Soyoung didn’t seem to care anymore as she lunged her body forward, embracing the little girl in her arms as the rolled away from the middle of the street. The driver seemed to have notice Soyoung and halted before he could hit the two.

After a long and eerie screech, Soyoung slowly opened her eyes and heard the little girl in her arms crying.

Her world seemed to be a bit fazed as she tried to make out what had just happened.

“Mei Lien!” an unfamiliar voice shouted as Soyoung felt her arms being pried open and the weight of the little girl lifting as she lied on the curb of the street. After her vision quickly cleared, Soyoung slowly got up, ignoring the pain her head and her sides.

Scratch that, all parts of her body was aching but she didn’t dare show any signs. She looked over to the driver who was begging for forgiveness from…

Luhan?

He was apologizing to Luhan who recklessly told the man to look out next time before letting the man drive off.

Luhan turned and saw Soyoung looking over at him before he turned and walked over to the crying girl and the overly worried older sister. He wiped the little girl’s tears and gave her an encouraging smile and said some things to her in Chinese, something Soyoung took notice of. She knew they were from China.

Although her world felt a lot more dizzy than before, Soyoung didn’t dare show. She just saved a little girl from getting run over, she should show her strength, right? Soyoung had expected for Luhan to turn to her and thank her, but her jaw dropped upon hearing what he has to say.

“Can you stop being so stupid?” Luhan stared at Soyoung hard. “You almost cost two lives. How would that be better?”

“What?” she was beyond disbelief. What kind of thank you saying was that? “B-but I was saving --“

“Next time, do something more reasonable. You could’ve killed yourself in the process and along with Mei Lien if you weren’t careful.” Luhan reasoned, not at the bit surprised that the blood on Soyoung’s head was running. Even Soyoung herself hadn’t notice until he had pointed it out. “Your forehead almost busted. What if you hit your head harder and you lost your memories, huh?”

She clenched her fist, trying not to shout at the careless Luhan who was lecturing her at this moment. At this moment that her head was pounding against her skull so bad. Soyoung glanced at the woman her age and was surprised to find her being glared at also by the Chinese woman. Why were these two putting hate upon Soyoung when Soyoung had just SAVED the little girl that goes by the name of Mei Lien? Were they insane?

Soyoung looked up at Luhan once again. “Jerk,” she muttered before turning away and walking over to her yard. It was then that her world had turned black. What ever happened after that, she hadn’t take register of. All she knew was she had heard a voice call out to her before she lost conscious.

 

 

 

 

Luhan's POV

I felt bad for saying those things to her. I hadn’t meant it to be like that, but at that moment when I saw that Mei Lien almost busted her head open, I was scared to death. It wasn’t Soyoung’s fault, I know, but the moment when the driver begged for forgiveness, I had given it to him without thinking much due to so much shock. When I came back to my senses, the driver was already gone and I had no one to blame, therefore, I took it out on Soyoung.

Now, sitting here in the hospital, I felt awfully bad. She saved Mei Lien when me and Yun Yi couldn’t, and I lectured her instead of thanking her. If it wasn’t for her, Mei Lien wouldn’t be here now. I’m very thankful, but how to tell her without having her to yell back at me for not saying it earlier. Plus, I don’t think she wants to see me at all.

When she had lost conscious, her so-called friend came just in time and took her to the hospital. I must have looked bad in Mei Lien’s eyes just then. I admit it though, I was a bad guy for saying that to Soyoung.

I sighed deeply, rubbing my face as I stood up. I’m gonna have to enter that room sooner or later, and so I chose sooner. The sooner, the better, as they always say, right?

Wrong.

Soyoung’s friend was sitting on a chair next to the hospital bed while Soyoung was not awake yet, laying on the bed. Upon seeing my face, he stood up in rage and pushed me out of the room. Because I was so surprised by his actions, I actually stumbled out as he, too, came out of the room.

“Why are you here?” he spat.

I sighed. Did it look like I want to be here?

“I came to apologize,” I replied with a blank expression. “Why? Am I not allowed. I did wrong so I came to apologize.”

“Apologize?” he scoffed.

I cringed. He seemed to have so much confidence, but to me, he was nowhere near that.

“You think she’ll accept your apology? You saw her bleeding forehead and all you did was let her go back home to see her unconscious.” he grabbed a hold of my collar and brought me close to his face. I was still unphased. “Go apologize somewhere else you know will make sense.”

He quickly released me before entering the room again. I blinked.

“What does he mean?” His last sentence didn’t make any sense. I’m not the dumb one here who doesn’t get it, right? He really didn’t make sense. Oh well, time to go back. If I’m not welcomed, there’s no point. I felt bad, but I really didn’t want to be here anyways.

Off back home to Yun Yi and Mei Lien then.

 

 

Soyoung’s POV

I woke up to have my head throb in pain but quickly subsided as I came to realization that I wasn’t home. I came to my senses that I was in the hospital. I had recognized the scent right away and when my vision adjusted, the room was similar to hospital rooms as well.

“Soyoung, you’re awake!” I heard Zico shout in glee. I turned my head to the right and saw him grinning, yet the look of concern crossed his face. “Are you okay? Does anywhere hurt? Do you want me to call the doctor down here?”

A smile spread across my face. So it was Zico’s voice that I heard call out to me when I lost conscious.  Aigoo, my best friend. “I’m fine. Don’t worry.”

“So it doesn’t hurt anywhere?” Zico asked once more. “Hold up, I’ll go call the doctor.”

Without me having a say, he ran out of the room and soon came back in later with a doctor by his side. After a quick check, the doctor left and had announced that I don’t think too much or do any heavy duties to get my mind whirling around too much. Therefore, activities that will cause me to breathe heavily will not be allowed for me and I knew Zico would make sure just that. The doctor also gave me medication to ease the pain in my head and told me that I could leave whenever I feel well again.

Zico sighed heavily, “What will your parents say if they see this? Will you get in trouble?”

“Of course not,” I replied. “I saved a life.”

“You did?” Zico was surprised to hear this. I nodded and told him the whole story, leaving out the part of what Luhan had said. It was better that way. “Did the derp even dare to ask if you were okay? Your wound was so noticeable but he acted as if he didn’t see it. Aish, I swear, I’m gonna kill that kid.”

“Whatever, it’s better that way anyways.” I pulled the blanket off of me. “I don’t anything to do with him. Let’s go home. I don’t like the feel of the hospital.”

Zico laughed as he helped me off the bed. “But don’t you go to the hospital often to see Mrs. Park?”

“That’s a different story,” I muttered. My head still ached but with Zico helping me, I felt better than never.

Like I had told Zico, I don’t want anything to do with Luhan anymore after knowing how he’s like. He’s a stuck up jerk who only sees what he thinks. I don’t want to deal with people like that. Therefore, I will make him suffer in any way I can if we ever communicate again.

 


 

Author's Note♥:

Don't hate Luhan! Haha.

Don't forget to COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE & OR UPVOTE on your own will. I'd very appreciate it though ;D

 

 

Thanks For Subscribing∞:

Thanks to these BEAUTIFUL people who subscribed to 'JUST Common Sense'!

| roxxanne | carpediiem | unrequited-lover | kkatherina | kmarieily | reina-k-D_O | CITYOFJOANNE | KittyC | MsAwesomeTokki | pandamaomao | venasan | Imjustagirlnextdoor | htethnin | Lunew21 | iambrielleiant | Alicevandort | blueisland101 | xkimchi | asian_ninja712 | BlingBlingTiger | pandalolove | saranghaexo88 | Lynnda | Chubbiee | avisdawn | Jiyeon_JN | -Anita | Micha0524 | isabelleloveluhan | KPOPCHICKKAA | snadya | xSungYoung | ChaCha24 | 2pmfan4ever | rheesmiles | asdfjkl_unknown | absadeeheng | i-am-serene | hungryPie | kawailu | rainbow_bananas | AkaruiHoshi | liralyre |