Chapter 28

JUST Common Sense

No One's POV

Her heart pounded at an extremely fast pace. She haven’t calm even down after the performance. She knew that it was just performing. She didn’t have to say anything. All she did was perform then left the stage. That was all she did, but why was it still so nerve-wracking?

Hm.

Maybe it was the fact that she didn’t think the whole Music department would be watching her performance. When they were all told to go to the auditorium to perform, she hadn’t thought that other Music classes would be there too. She had thought that it’d be only her class, and having Baekhyun be in that class with her, she was comforted. That was until the auditorium perked up and people showed up to the performance.

Whatever.

Her turn was over anyways, and she was glad she had the beat correct and memorized the lyrics. How embarrassing it’d be if she forgets the lyrics.

Soyoung let out a relieved sigh before bringing a hand up to her chest. “Why is my heart still beating so fast when I’m already finished with my performance?” she asked herself quietly.

She was no backstage of the auditorium where all the performers go after performing and they exit there. But Soyoung was still there, too nervous to move. Her legs felt like jelly and she could do nothing but try to calm down from the nerve wrack she had just received.

“You did great,” a voice perked up, surprising her.

“Baekhyun, you surprised me,” Soyoung managed a smile.

“Sorry,” he laughed before approaching her. “Aren’t you going?”

“Go where?” she asked, unaware of what he had meant.

“Back to the audience,” Baekhyun laughed at her unforgetfullness. He knew how nervous she was. Luhan had told him just last night after she left.

| “Even though she seems to always argue or make comments back at me, it doesn’t mean that she means it,” Luhan told him. “It’s because she’s just nervous about everything around her. That’s why when she gets mad at me, I don’t lash back at her. It’s a way for her to overcome her nervousness.”

Baekhyun gave him a weird look. “You seem to know a lot.”

Luhan shrugged and leaned back on the chair. “I’ve spoken to her parents just yesterday when they called.”

“Her parents called you?” Baekhyun was stunned upon the information. “Why?”

“They wanted to know how Soyoung’s been doing since they found out about us helping each other for this showcase,” he replied.

“Did they say anything else to you?” Baekhyun wondered. “I mean, considering the fact that you’re bringing up her nervousness for the performance?”

Luhan pursed his lips, slightly troubled, “They did, actually… I think I’m going to need your help.”

“My help? What for?”

“Soyoung’s parent’s told me about how she is with stage freight. It’s one of the reasons why she never really likes to sing in front of people,” Luhan looked at Baekhyun. “Tomorrow, when she performs, I won’t be able to be there to support her or whatsoever nor can I help her out if anything happens. I need you to stick close to her side in case anything happens.”

“Like what?” Baekhyun wanted to laugh. The guy made it sound as if it was a dangerous thing.

“When she’s nervous, Soyoung easily becomes light headed,” Luhan informed. “In case she faints or anything, you need to be there.”

Baekhyun stopped the joke and put on a serious. “Faint?” He became slightly worried in the process too. “You seriously mean it? She’ll seriously faint?”

“Well, it’s not like she would every time she has to perform, but something happened during the Summer time and… the doctors explained that it may become a slight problem for the time being.” Luhan thought back to the mini accident and grew guilty. “It’s not a big problem, but if she thinks too much or if she’s overly excited about one thing, it may cause her brain to shut down to calm her down. That’s what her parents told me, so because I can’t be there tomorrow, you need to watch her.”

“What happened in the Summer? Did she hit her head somewhere? It still affects her now?” Questions shot out of Baekhyun’s mouth rapidly. It was only common sense to be worried at a time like this. “Does she know her condition?”

“Soyoung doesn’t know what may happen to her.” Luhan slightly frowned. “It’s not that she doesn’t know nor is it a secret, but it’s something new to her. What happened over Summer… Are some issues and is none of your business. I heard that by the end of February, the problem should stop and it shouldn’t affect her anymore.”

Baekhyun sighed heavily. He never knew this stuff. Oh lord. What a bad friend he was. As he thought about this, curiosity crossed his mind. “Wait, why are you suddenly worried about her too? I mean, I know, you should because her parents told you to watch over her, but it’s not likely for you to be worried about just anyone.”

Luhan kept quiet for some seconds before telling the truth. “That person… I owe her a lot.”

“That person? You mean Soyoung?” Baekhyun blinked before becoming the puzzled guy he is. “What do you mean you owe her? You’ve been in China almost your whole life. How is it that you owe her?”

“I just do,” he admitted quietly. Luhan didn’t want to think about the matter nor did he want to talk about it. It always made him feel guilty, in which he does feel, and it made him feel regret, in which he should. The problem about that was, he doesn’t feel any regret. “Anyways, I mean it when I tell you to be by her side. Really look after her, you hear me?”

“Yes, yes,” Baekhyun emphasized. “I hear you.” |

 

Baekhyun smiled at her, coming out of his mind from Luhan’s words. *What is it that he owes her anyways?* “Let’s go.”

Soyoung nodded and took a step forward. Walking by her side, Baekhyun watched her carefully, concern crossing over him. *She doesn’t look fine. She looks like she’s having a hard time breathing.* Just as he had thought that, Soyoung stumbled forward. Baekhyun quickly caught her before she could hit her head on the floor. Panic spread throughout his body.

“Soyoung!” Baekhyun shouted as he could see her losing conscious, her eyes slowly rolling back. “Kim Soyoung!”

 

 

 

She’ll be okay then?” a slightly familiar voice spoke out.

Yes, she will. She just needs to rest so that her heart rate will lower,” a female answered.

“I see… Thank you. I’ll be going now then.

The door swiftly shut and that was when she felt light shine upon her face. Her nerves came back to her, herself back to her conscious state. Slowly, Soyoung opened her eyes and squinted, the light being a bit too bright for her eyes. For someone who had just woken up.

“You’re up already?” the female voice spoke from earlier asked. Soyoung slowly turned her head to the side and saw the University Nurse smiling over at her. The nurse came over with a cup of cold water in her hands. “Are you feeling better?”

She helped Soyoung up and gave her the cup of cold water as Soyoung gulped it down. She hadn’t realized how thirsty she was until now.

“Thanks,” Soyoung muttered with a hoarse voice. “This is the infirmary, right?”

The nurse nodded. “Earlier, your friend brought you in. Apparently you fainted after the performance for the preparation of the Showcase. How are you feeling? Is it hard for you to breathe?”

Soyoung shook her head. “I feel fine,” she spoke the truth, because all in all, she felt perfectly fine. It was hard to believe that she fainted, but then again, she knew it had happened. The last thing she remembered was tripping, or so she thought, and Baekhyun calling out her name. “But, you said a friend brought me in? Is It Baekhyun?”

“Huh? Oh, the boy that brought you in? I’m not sure. He didn’t give a name,” the nurse thought about it. “But he had golden blonde-orange hair. Is this person Baekhyun? Does that sound right?”

“Golden Blonde-orange?” Soyoung questioned back, slightly confused. The last time she saw Baekhyun, he had dark brown hair. This person was definitely not Baekhyun. “So, the boy he bought me here doesn’t have dark brown hair?”

The nurse shook her head. “He didn’t. He left just a couple of minutes before you woke up.”

“Oh…” Soyoung was stuck. Who had been that so-called boy that brought her here then? She was sure it would have to be Baekhyun.

“You can rest here until you feel well enough to go back and attend your classes,” the nurse informed her. “I suggest you stay here for the time being. Because of your sudden shock, it may be a bit difficult for you to attend your classes.”

“You said I had a sudden shock?” Soyoung asked. She knew she fainted. She didn’t know the reason why. She was never sure of why in the first place.

The nurse nodded. “In your condition, a sudden shock can easily come if you over think or get overly excited. In this case, you became over excited and nervous to the point where your heart can’t comprehend well with your nervousness and excitement and couldn’t send the signal to your brain fast enough, so your brain had a shutdown to calm your heart rate down. It’s nothing big. You just need to drink lots of cold water. You’ll feel better in no time.

Soyoung smiled at the thoughtful nurse. “Thank you. I’ll make sure to drink lots of cold water.”

 

 

 

“Holy ! You were ing right! Oh my ing god. Holy ing !” Baekhyun cursed, pacing back and forth. He still couldn’t get the fact straight that Soyoung had actually fainted, proving Luhan to be right about her situation. He was still a bit freaked out. Of course, not because of Soyoung, but more because of the fact that she had fainted in front of him. He had never experienced anyone fainting by him, in front of him, or even seeing it with his own eyes before. It scared him because he was afraid that maybe it was not just a slight brain shut down, but maybe, just maybe, she’s dead. Of course, he knows it’s not like that, but still panicking now, he was still freaked out. It was once in a blue moon that anyone would pass out right before you, or in Baekhyun’s case, first time in a blue moon.

“Now it’s going to be you next who gets a brain shut down,” Luhan rolled his eyes. He, on the other hand, was more relaxed upon the matter. After all, the nurse had said that Soyoung will be fine and that there is nothing wrong. She just needed rest in this situation. “Stop freaking out, will you?”

Baekhyun nodded, “You’re right. I need to calm down. I mean, Soyoung’s fine, so everything will be fine.” He exhaled and inhaled excessively. “She’s fine. Everything’s fine. I’m fine too, and you’re fine too. Haha. Who isn’t fine? Yup, everything’s fine. Everything’s perfectly fine—“

“Byun Baekhyun,” Luhan groaned. If he had known that Baekhyun would react like this, he would’ve told Chen to take care of Soyoung. For goodness sakes, the guy was about to pass out from freaking out too much. “Shut up!”

Stunned, Baekhyun sat by and Luhan. Luhan knew that Baekhyun was doing his best from not freaking out, and he appreciated that the guy was there when Soyoung fell unconscious, but still, he doesn’t need to be so freaked out. It wasn’t like Soyoung was heavy anyways.

Baekhyun turned to Luhan. “Do her parents know that she passed out?”

Luhan shook his head, “Not unless the nurse notifies them, then no.”

The latter frowned. “Is she really okay? I saw her earlier before she passed out… she looked like she had a hard time breathing.”

Luhan raised a brow at the guy. *Is he bipolar or something? I swear the kid was freaking out just seconds ago.* “She just needs some rest. That’s what the nurse said.”

Baekhyun nodded solemnly before realization hit him. “Wait, how’d you get there anyways? Weren’t you supposed to show off your artwork? How did you get out of class? Not to mention, just at the exact moment when Soyoung fainted.”

Luhan shrugged, “We didn’t really do anything other than give it to the professor and I just asked to come out to use the bathroom and came to check up on you guys. I just happen to come at the right time.”

“So did you really come to check on us, or her?” Baekhyun smirked, wriggling his brows only to earn a glare and a smack on the head.

“I just wanted to see how much of a fail you guys are,” Luhan rolled his eyes.

 “As if,” Baekhyun scoffed his obvious lie. Baekhyun knew the reasons very well. He slyly glanced over at Luhan before a grin replaced his face. *What a huge liar. Can’t even admit that you came to check on her. Sometimes you’ve got to drop that pride, Luhan.*

 

 

 

“I told you that I don’t need ice cream,” Soyoung sighed, taking the Popsicle anyways before eating the cold treat. “It’s not like I have problems with my throat.”

Zico sat next to her on the couch while Kyung made himself at home, lying on the other couch, taking up all of its space.

“You still need it anyways,” Zico scolded. “How can you perform in front of all of those people when you knew you were going to pass out?”

“I didn’t know!” Soyoung stressed for the last time. “It was highly unexpected.”

“You did well, by the way,” Zico ignored her remark.

Kyung perked up and looked over at the two. “Yeah, did you really produce that song?” Kyung raised his brows before laughing at his own question. “Wow, that was a stupid question. Of course you didn’t. You don’t have the right materials to, but then, why did they announce that you produced that song? Who gave the song to you?”

“You seriously doubt me in music that much?” Soyoung muttered before telling the truth without hesitation. “Luhan produced the song for me.”

Beside her, Zico choked on air earning an odd look from the female. As for Kyung, he was more interested than shock. “He did?” Kyung ignored Zico’s cough.

“Well, we’ll eventually need help from each other anyways.” Soyoung bit her Popsicle.

After regaining his breathing back, Zico gawked at her. “So this whole time, when you said you were working on your project, what were you really doing?”

“Working on his.” Her straightforward remarks made Zico scoff.

“You two are unbelievable. What cheaters,” Zico rolled his eyes. He didn’t like Luhan one bit. One minute, he seems like he was hating her and the next, she talks of him as if the guy never did anything. If she even remembers correctly what he had done to her, she should be mad than okay with being near the guy at all.

“Wow, he seems like he’s pretty good at producing music,” Kyung thought out loud before grinning. “I should collab with him or something.”

Zico gawked at the guy’s suggestion.

Soyoung, on the other hand, brightened. “You really want to? How about Yixing? You remember him, don’t you? Luhan said that Yixing is even better at producing his own music. You guys can do a triple collab! And with Zico, it’d be a quadruple—“

“I’ll never do a collab with that guy,” Zico interrupted Soyoung as he angrily bit into his Popsicle.

Soyoung grimaced, “This guy has issues. Fine with me then! Don’t. Kyung can do it on his own. They don’t need you anyways.”

Zico scoffed at her words. “They eventually will. Kyung needs my help all the time.

Kyung looked between the two and shook his head. “You kids are so immature. I was just saying. Taking things so serious."

Zico and Soyoung turned to Kyung.

“We are immature? Please. He’s the immature one!”

“I’m not!” Zico denied. “You are!”

Kyung chuckled. *Kids will be kids.*

 


 

Author's Note♥:

Updated! Was this a twist for you? Was this, in anyways, interesting? Probably wasn't. Haha. I hope you guys liked it, at least a bit.

Don't forget to COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE & OR UPVOTE on your own will. I'd very appreciate it though ;D

 

 

 

Thanks For Subscribing∞:

Thanks to these BEAUTIFUL people who subscribed to 'JUST Common Sense'!

| roxxanne | carpediiem | unrequited-lover | kkatherina | kmarieily | reina-k-D_O | CITYOFJOANNE | KittyC | MsAwesomeTokki | pandamaomao | venasan | Imjustagirlnextdoor | htethnin | Lunew21 | iambrielleiant | Alicevandort | blueisland101 | xkimchi | asian_ninja712 | BlingBlingTiger | pandalolove | saranghaexo88 | Lynnda | Chubbiee | avisdawn | Jiyeon_JN | -Anita | Micha0524 | isabelleloveluhan | KPOPCHICKKAA | snadya | xSungYoung | ChaCha24 | 2pmfan4ever | rheesmiles | asdfjkl_unknown | absadeeheng | i-am-serene | hungryPie | kawailu | rainbow_bananas | AkaruiHoshi | liralyre | SMfan4evrAKB48 | Hellogec4 | Clou9Nine | dreamandshine | KaeJae | Yue97BAL | jungseungyeon | pretty_pamela | Putri02 |akpopfan | jain127 | jujube1908 | laceyblare | Cold-TowardsYou | Natalie_phuah96 | fangirl2000   | ExoticBabyArmy | kimminjung112 | chineseandkoreanboys | dbsk_cassie | oranghead | jia_loveluv | minhyuk-baegopa | PressPlay |jasminejane | krisgangsta | berry1207  |Chocolithugs| yukiandini | leehyunae_pearl |I-Love-EXO | bacon9 | hanxing | itzailee | Tokkichu | LilRosiie | pupamika | Kpopsizzle | BBgirly | TheRedEyedWolf | xingxingbaekhyeonnie | cutielove1108 | lolydev | Heyinpiniteu | ronnieee | blueskyy  | Cakepopsareawesome12 | infinitybaby | LoveKpopBoyBand | exoticstaorin  | lisatran | wariii | YuNgWoNnIe | Supafast_Jellyfish | shin_chaye  | scattered  | ravenous_red  thekyuhyunie | lin_ling9697 | chiel13 | Kitty_Min | Haesica08 | CakePOP_Crush |