Chapter 33

JUST Common Sense

 

No One's POV

Although the rest were quite confused to why Luhan had reacted in such a way, no one asked why. The moment Luhan stormed away was the moment that Kris’s grandma came out to greet them upon hearing the information beforehand from Kris earlier. Of course, Luhan had to refrain from showing annoyance on his face, force on a smile, and greet her. Eventually, he had forgotten about it, too, as everyone warmed up to her once again.

Although it was quite hard for the Korean boys to understand the Chinese grandma at times, they all managed to make it through. The Korean boys were just glad, very glad, that she knew Korean, because if she didn’t, things would’ve been difficult.

Kris’s grandma took an immediate liking to Zico, Kyung, and Soyoung, which was a relief as she wasn’t one to just take someone into her liking zone easily, or so they’ve been told. Yixing had told Soyoung on the way here that it took his grandma a while to take a liking to Kai, Chanyeol, and Tao, and when she eventually did, it was as if she had always taken a liking to them. Hearing that during the car ride sure did make her nervous, but now that she knew that his grandma liked her, she felt like a big task had been accomplished. Especially with the fact that his grandma had even insisted on calling her nai nai, meaning Grandma, as she was told by Yixing.

They had just got done eating late dinner, being 8 PM. None of them were hungry, but being it that it’s been a while since the boys visited her, she insisted them to eat, so they did.

“I’ll do the dishes,” Soyoung volunteered as all eyes turned to look at her, except for Kyung and Zico, that is. Confused by their actions, she raised her brows. “What?”

The elder broke into soft laughter before waving the matter off. “You don’t need to do that, Soyoung,” she spoke in fluent Korean. Soyoung still found it amazing that she was able to speak Korean so fluently even though she should’ve been used to it by now. “My maids can do it themselves.”

True to it, she really does have maids, and chefs, and butlers, and servants. Sure, Soyoung’s family could’ve afford to hire such people and pay them without even faltering, but much like Luhan’s parents, her parents found it quite silly to hire such people when there was no need to. “Clearly we’ve all got hands and feet to do whatever we need to do and plus, it’s only the three of us. There’s no need for such people and tire them out,” as her mother once told her when she was younger. This being the case, it became a norm for her to volunteer to do her parents dishes as they were busy people. It became a norm for her to look after the house and look after herself.

“It’s fine, really. I can do it,” Soyoung suggested with a polite smile. “The least I can do is help out around here.”

As lazy as Soyoung can be, she was never one who could sit still for so long. Sure, she does that when she paints and draw, but that was because she was painting and drawing. She could only afford to sit still because of it.

“If she wants to do it, then let her do it,” Luhan, who was still irked about earlier, said. Although he wasn’t showing it, Soyoung could tell he was annoyed, mad even. She just didn’t know why. She slightly frowned at his words, but didn’t say anything back.

The elder only nodded, “Okay, well, if you do want to do it, then I won’t tell you to not.” She smiled and looked over at Luhan. “Why don’t you join her?”

The rest gawked as some even laughed. Luhan and Soyoung were one of the people who could only gawk at her words.

*Me, wash the dishes, with her?!* his mind shouted.

*I am NOT going to clean the dishes with someone who’s unnecessarily mad at me!* she gawked.

“Well, that’s settled then,” Kris chuckled before getting up. “Let’s go to the game room, guys. These two can do their work.”

“What about your grandma?” Kyung asked.

The elder shook her head. “I have to go out for a bit. Business calls.”

“This late at night?” Zico gawked. For someone who’s known as ‘grandma’, she didn’t look that old, but still, a woman shouldn’t be going out at night. It was dark and late. If anything happens, it wouldn’t be good.

“Don’t worry,” she chuckled. “I think you might’ve forgotten that I do have my own body guards.”

And yes, he did, In fact, they all had forgotten, even the grandson himself.

“I’ll take my parting now. I should be back a bit after midnight, so if you guys are tired,” she looked at Kris, “you know what to do.”

Kris smiled and nodded, “I got that covered.”

The elder bid goodbye before leaving the dining table and soon out of the house.

“Okay, now we can go,” Kris laughed as the boys followed along.

Luhan looked over at Soyoung as the two met eyes. He rolled his eyes and looked away. “I’m not going to help you, just so you know.” With a grumpy expression, the guy stomped off, out of the dining room, leaving her by herself.

Soyoung scoffed. “I don’t need your help anyways,” she muttered to herself as she cleaned up the dishes with some maids who helped her out. Cleaning up after over 10 people was a lot of work, and Soyoung was glad they were there to help her.

After gathering everything to the sink, Soyoung shooed them away in a polite manner, as to say that she can do the rest now. Although it was hard for them to understand at first, due to them not understanding Korean and Soyoung not knowing how to speak Chinese, they understood and left for other duties.

Soyoung sighed and turned back towards the sink. The dishes, there were lots, to be honest, and it was more than one person could do, but who was she to complain? The maids did it all the time. it up, Soyoung slipped on the dishwashing gloves and got to work.

As she was only half way done with scrubbing half of the dishes, a shadow lingered over her and she looked up to see one defeated looking man by her side. Soyoung gave a glare.

“What are you doing here?” she shot at him as she turned back to the dishes. She wasn’t exactly sure why she was mad at him. Maybe it was because he was mad at her for no particular reason, as much as she knew, that triggered her to return the mutual emotion. Maybe it was because he gave a nasty attitude to her the whole day that threw her off enough for her to be mad.

“Why do you think I’m here?” he replied, yet this time, his reply was filled with guilt instead of annoyance and anger. He slipped on a pair of dishwashing gloves before turning on the water and rinsing the dishes that she had already scrubbed.

Soyoung, who noticed the change in his whole-day-annoyed attitude, became baffled, but still kept a cold exterior. “You said you weren’t going to help me.”

“Well, I changed my mind,” he responded kindly, not throwing out the unmannerly attitude that would’ve gotten Soyoung ticked off, more than she already was.

Taken aback from his response, Soyoung decided to just stop with the provoking. Instead, she decided to just ignore him and his presence. After some 10 minutes, Luhan noticed what she was doing. Ignoring him was the least he wanted from her. For some odd reason, he didn’t like the fact that she was ignoring him, but then again, Luhan was never one who liked to be ignored.

“Look, I’m sorry, okay?” he apologized quietly. Soyoung didn’t reply and just continued scrubbing as he went on. “I guess you have the right to be mad at me for giving you an attitude the whole day without giving you an explanation—“

“Damn right!” she cursed, finally giving into his mini talk. She turned her head to look at him, drilling holes into his head. “Why were you giving me an attitude? Is it because of what happened on the plane, because if it is, I already apologized for that and you said it was fine and that you hold nothing against it.” It was true, after reaching Beijing’s airport, she did apologized, and like she stated, Luhan shrugged it off and accepted the apology without further doings.

“It has nothing to do with the airplane,” Luhan assured her.

Soyoung sighed in frustration. Now that it was only the two, she actually had time to ask him why he was being the way he was, but for some weird reason, she didn’t want to know. Of course, she didn’t like the way he kept glaring at her every time their eyes met, nor did she like how he always had to say something against her that day, she couldn’t help but not want a reasonable answer to why he was being that way. Earlier, when it irked her to the core, she did want to know, but now, she didn’t want to know anymore. For some odd reason.

“To put it at its most simple form,” he continued, “I was just being immature and stupid.”

*But why?* She thought to herself. She took off the gloves and put them aside as she had just gotten done with scrubbing, done with her portion.

“I know it’s not an excuse,” Luhan urged on as he, too, finished with rinsing the dishes and taking his gloves off. He turned towards Soyoung, who looked away and waited for him to finish. “And I know it’s unreasonable, but something triggered my stupid and immature side. I’m usually not like that, and I’m sure you know that, right?”

*Of course I know that. Why do you think I knew something was up with you when you started giving me an attitude?* Although she had such thoughts, Soyoung still kept quiet and waited form him to speak.

Luhan took her silence as a negative and sighed dejectedly. “Okay, fine. I’ll tell you the reason why I was being that way, but if I tell you, you have to promise to not have weird thoughts, because I really do only like Yun Yi and only her. No one else, okay?”

Soyoung gave him a bewildered look. *What is that supposed to mean?* “Um… Yeah, sure.”

Luhan sighed heavily. Should he tell her the truth? He didn’t want her to get the wrong idea, but then again, she deserves to know the truth. “Okay… Well, earlier in the car, I saw how intimate you were with Kai, and I guess it bugged me…”

Soyoung registered his words into her head before something clicked. *He told me not to think weirdly and then told me that he only likes Yun Yi… Then this confession about me being close with Kai…* She furrowed her brows. “Were you perhaps—“

“No!” he stressed, interrupting her. “I was not jealous, okay? I told you to not have weird thoughts, didn’t I? Why would you go against my words and think that?”

Soyoung raised her brows in amusement. That was certainly not what she was thinking. “I was going to ask if you were annoyed because me and Kai took so long…”

“Oh,” a light clicked in his mind and a shade of red painted his face. *OHHH!* “Oh,” he repeated, trying to think of an excuse. Luckily, he had. “Oh!” he repeated with a laugh. “Well, I guess that was another problem too. Well, you know when I mentioned jealous earlier, I didn’t mean anything of it. It’s just, well, I didn’t even know Kai was ticklish but you seemed to know and yeah, and well—“

“I get it,” Soyoung laughed. For the first time that night, Luhan felt relieved.

*She laughed.* His mind rung of sweet chimes. *She laughed and she’s smiling.*

“You don’t have to explain any further,” Soyoung assured him with a smile. Her sudden state of anger from earlier had vanished upon seeing him so troubled. “I understand, and don’t worry, I didn’t have any weird thoughts.”

Luhan quickly registered her words and a grin spread across his face. “That’s a relief then. I thought that you might’ve misunderstood.”

“Don’t worry, I would never,” she laughed. “I understand your loyalty to the girl you having been loving for the past 10 years.”

Luhan gaped. He knew she knew about who his crush was, but how on earth did she get the information of how long it had been? “Okay, who told you?”

She covered from the laughter that was waiting to burst. “Baek did.”

 

 

 

 

 

“How do you think they’re doing down there?” Kyungsoo asked as his eyes didn’t leave the screen.

They were all engrossed in the different game systems that were set up around the room. It was quite something to know that a grandma would have a game room in her house, but because the boys came over often in the past, making it Yixing, Chen and Kris who came the most, she had set the room up just for them.

“Well, I’m guessing they’re doing fine since we haven’t heard a voice shouting yet,” Baekhyun shrugged it off.

Kyung laughed, “True. If they weren’t, Soyoung’s voice would be the first one we hear.”

“I don’t think it was a good idea to send that Chinese guy down there,” Zico announced for the umpteenth time in which they only laughed.

“I wonder what was wrong with him today though,” Tao voiced out. “He kept glaring at her.”

“Really?” Kai mused. “Funny. He kept glaring at me too. Did he glare at any of you?”

“Nope,” Tao answered.

“He wish he can,” Kris replied.

“I’m older than him,” Xiumin responded.

“He didn’t even look my way,” Chen laughed.

“Same,” Sehun answered nonchalantly.

“I don’t think he even remembered I was here,” Kyung mused.

“I’m the one who didn’t even remember he was there,” Suho chuckled, eyes on the screen.

“I didn’t even pay attention to him,” Chanyeol voiced.

“He has no reason to glare at me,” Kyungsoo shrugged.

“If he was, I didn’t notice,” Yixing replied to the question.

“Please, he would never,” Baekhyun joked.

“I’m the one who was glaring at him,” Zico answered in which all eyes turned to him. “What?”

They laughed and shook their heads before returning to their games.

Kai sighed with a grin, “I wonder why he threw glares at me and Soyoung then.”

“He probably hate your guts,” Baekhyun joked with a laugh, but stopped shortly. His eyes furrowed. “Did you guys hear that?”

“Hear what?” Suho asked as the rest shook their heads.

“That,” Baekhyun replied. “Someone called my name. Didn’t you guys hear it?”

The others gave him a weird look and shook their heads.

Just as Baekhyun was about to explain further, Luhan’s voice rumbled throughout the house.

“BYUN BAEKHYUN!!!”

Baekhyun’s face paled as the others were filled with laughter. Whatever Luhan had called his name for, he knew it was not good. Whatever the reason was, Baekhyun knew he was in trouble.

“No, Baekhyun, I think he hates your guts,” Kai smirked.

 


 

 

Author's Note♥:

Early update! Woot! Woot! I owe it to you guys anyways! What do you guys think of this chapter? Haha. Lu is so asdfghjkl ;)

Don't forget to COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE & OR UPVOTE on your own will~. I'd very appreciate it though ;D

 

 

Thanks For Subscribing∞:

Thanks to these BEAUTIFUL people who subscribed to 'JUST Common Sense'!

| roxxanne | carpediiem | unrequited-lover | kkatherina | kmarieily | reina-k-D_O | CITYOFJOANNE | KittyC | MsAwesomeTokki | pandamaomao | venasan | Imjustagirlnextdoor | htethnin | Lunew21 | iambrielleiant | Alicevandort | blueisland101 | xkimchi | asian_ninja712 | BlingBlingTiger | pandalolove | saranghaexo88 | Lynnda | Chubbiee | avisdawn | Jiyeon_JN | -Anita | Micha0524 | isabelleloveluhan | KPOPCHICKKAA | snadya | xSungYoung | ChaCha24 | 2pmfan4ever | rheesmiles | asdfjkl_unknown | absadeeheng | i-am-serene | hungryPie | kawailu | rainbow_bananas | AkaruiHoshi | liralyre | SMfan4evrAKB48 | Hellogec4 | Clou9Nine | dreamandshine | KaeJae | Yue97BAL | jungseungyeon | pretty_pamela | Putri02 |akpopfan | jain127 | jujube1908 | laceyblare | Cold-TowardsYou | Natalie_phuah96 | fangirl2000   | ExoticBabyArmy | kimminjung112 | chineseandkoreanboys | dbsk_cassie | oranghead | jia_loveluv | minhyuk-baegopa | PressPlay |jasminejane | krisgangsta | berry1207  |Chocolithugs| yukiandini | leehyunae_pearl |I-Love-EXO | bacon9 | hanxing | itzailee | Tokkichu | LilRosiie | pupamika | Kpopsizzle | BBgirly | TheRedEyedWolf | xingxingbaekhyeonnie | cutielove1108 | lolydev | Heyinpiniteu | ronnieee | blueskyy  | Cakepopsareawesome12 | infinitybaby | LoveKpopBoyBand | exoticstaorin  | lisatran | wariii | YuNgWoNnIe | Supafast_Jellyfish | shin_chaye  | scattered  | ravenous_red  thekyuhyunie | lin_ling9697 | chiel13 | Kitty_Min | Haesica08 | CakePOP_Crush | Khimmie | thechanyeolvirus | ggie15 | sela_305 | Rielah| euniice9 | flammerablelovelove | aNDe4STAR | lucy_0960 | JeLLY_BeaNS | xxikpxx | miiskax | Vieffje | Millies | luckystar92 | november11 | shiki3600 | 999666 | natasyaain | MaRiA2000 | chaeki19 | CamillaN | LuhanLittleDeer | PanXxhsu | --bubbletea-- | Kosianfanfics | XXanimexliveActionXX | Iamgay1 | Teamin | louise_sone | djputitbackon | fxkrys | RiaSkittles| | Nubci4 |