Chapter 34

JUST Common Sense

 

No One's POV

“I like you,” Baekhyun said gently, his eyes filled with strong emotion as his eyes bored into Soyoung’s. “I really do. You have no idea how much it I like you. I’ve been liking you for the longest time and it was so hard to just hold back. It was so hard to hold back my feelings, afraid that you would turn me away. I was so afraid that our friendship would end with those words, that if I tell you my feelings for you, you would avoid me and ignore me. It was so hard for me to hold back, but when I see you with him, I can’t help but be disappointed. Why can he do it and why can’t I? Why can he confess to you and why can’t I? Such thoughts comes across my mind every time I see you with him and it hurts me so much to know that I’m not the person making you laugh and smile. It kills me each time I see you laugh and smile brightly with him. It kills me each time I see you with him, because it always comes back to haunt me that I’m too late for your heart… I was too late, and I didn’t properly tell you that I love you… I love you, Kim Soyoung.”

Soyoung knew he meant it, the way his eyes portrayed the feeling, and she couldn’t help but be moved by his confession. She smiled and put up an ‘O.K’ sign. “That was perfect!” she exclaimed. “It’s only been the third time and you managed to perfect the lines and portray the emotion needed. You were born an actor, Baek.”

The boys settled in the game room after Baekhyun got a chase out of Luhan, who was still irked that the male had been letting Soyoung in on things she didn’t need to know, his exact quote being: “Why do you tell her unnecessary things? I feel so exposed.” But of course, the most he could do was give him a great lecture, in which he opposed of doing so, so he just sat by Kris and watched the others play their video games. Being the female she was, Soyoung never really has a good experience with video gaming, so some of the boys decided to hang out with her towards the back of the room instead, and because they had nothing much to do, Baekhyun had asked Soyoung to help him practice his lines for his upcoming musical.

Baekhyun broke into a grin, moving out of his acting phase. “You really think so?”

“Think so?” Chanyeol scoffed. “How the hell did you even pull that off on your third try? I didn’t know you can act.”

Baekhyun shrugged with a grin as the others agreed with Chanyeol. “I guess taking the acting class helped a lot. Plus, memorizing the lines is a huge part with helping me memorize lyrics, so I overlook the lyrics every day or so.”

“The way you said your lines though,” Tao mumbled, “It sounds so rated.”

“I thought he did really well though,” Yixing praised him.

“True, he did pretty good,” Sehun nodded.

“Yeah, but did you really have to use Soyoung’s name?” Kai rolled his eyes. Sitting next to Soyoung, who had a script in her hand, he glanced at the script. “It clearly says that the name of the female lead is Soojin.”

“Yeah, Hyung. You’re making Soyoung feel uncomfortable,” Sehun mused.

“That’s fine!” Soyoung brushed it off. “I think having him say the name of the female in front of him would make things more surreal and easier. Until he practices the scene with the actual female lead, I think using another name is totally fine.”

“Yeah, so stop ganging up on me,” Baekhyun happily stood up for himself with confidence. He took a seat next to Yixing and looked over the script. He frowned slightly. “I really think they should change the female lead though.”

“And why is that?” Yixing bothered to ask as he took the script away from Baekhyun to overlook it.

“She can’t sing well,” he muttered, earning a look from Yixing.

“Just because she can’t sing well doesn’t mean that she should be casted out.” Yixing looked through the script. “I’m sure she can improve on her singing and I’m definitely sure that if she was chosen for the female lead, then she can act well. Why don’t you help her improve her singing while she helps you improve your acting?”

“You both could benefit from it,” Soyoung agreed with Yixing. The male looked over and gave a gentle smile in which Soyoung melted from. Yixing was always the one to give her that smile when he felt they agreed on something or they though alike. It felt nice, to be honest, because it truly meant that he was up for being a friend of hers.

Baekhyun shrugged slightly and rubbed the back of his neck. “I don’t know… I mean, I guess I’m okay with the idea, but she’s a hard one to break. She won’t take advice from anybody. She’s the princess type, you know? She wants everything done her way. Plus, she’s hard to work with and having her yap at other people almost every minute gets annoying.”

“Are you sure you’re not making excuses?” Kai scoffed and leaned back against the couch as his eyes were on the screen, watching Tao race Kris. Although the back of the room was quiet, the front sure wasn’t. In fact, it was noisy and there were lots of complaints about cheating.

“Why would I make those excuses up?” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “It’s not excuses anyways. It’s the truth. You try working with her. I heard she can dance too, but we haven’t gotten there yet.”

“I’m good,” Kai replied bluntly, barely paying attention to the guy. “By  the way,” he turned his attention away from the gamers and looked at Soyoung. “What happened to you and Luhan downstairs? It’s like you guys made up or something.”

“You make them sound like they’re some couple,” Tao chuckled but was as curious as Kai. “But yeah, what happened?”

“He apologized for giving me an unnecessary attitude,” Soyoung waved it off. “It was nothing big or anything.”

“He seemed to be in a bad mood the whole day,” Kai responded to her. “He was giving me the attitude too, which is weird, because it was just me and you. The others didn’t feel anything from him.”

Soyoung nodded, understanding what he had meant. “It was because of us that he was in a bad mood, that’s why. He said it was because of something about being jealous.”

“Jealous?” Kai gawked as so did the other five that were in the back with them. “Why the hell would he be jealous?”

“Well,” Soyoung leaned back against the furniture and thought, “He said it wasn’t necessarily jealousy, but more like… envy?”

“Envy?” the latter scoffed. Of course Luhan wasn’t hearing any of this as he was one of the boys up front who was too occupied with the game itself, and complained every time he lost to the other player. “Envy for what? What did I do that made that guy envy me? I know I’m good looking, and of course, I’m a way better dancer than he can ever be, but he wouldn’t envy me for something like that.”

“That’s not what she meant, stupid,” Yixing scolded with a roll of his eyes. *Man, this kid is useless.*

“He envied me,” Soyoung laughed, correctly Kai. In return, the male gave her a questioning look. “Earlier when we were in the car, he told me that he was ‘jealous’ that I was able to get you up by poking, or tickling you if you wanna call it, because he didn’t know you were ticklish. The way he made it sound, he seemed to be upset that he wasn’t being a good enough friend to know that you were ticklish.”

“Come again?” Kai blinked. What did he just hear? Him? Ticklish? Luhan didn’t ‘know’ Kai was ticklish? For hell, of course Luhan didn’t know Kai was ticklish, because Kai wasn’t ticklish, and Luhan knew that. Kai had pretended to be so for Soyoung, because truth be told, he found her adorable when she tried waking him up earlier, and to play along, he acted as if he was ticklish. So now what was this he was hearing from her, telling him that Luhan envied her for that? And like said again, Luhan KNEW that Kai wasn’t ticklish. *Something smells fishy here.* “Um… So he was annoyed the whole day today because of that?”

Soyoung nodded, “Yeah.”

Kai furrowed his brows slightly as the others were whole focused on the games now, not paying any attention about what the two were talking about. Tao and Sehun had already moved up to the front to watch the older boys play their racing game with excitement.

“You lost!” Tao cheered happily as he pushed Xiumin over. “You lost, Hyung! Ha! It’s my turn to go against Luhan Hyung! Move!” He stole the controller away from the elder and shoved him aside.

Soyoung laughed upon seeing the scene, her attention now on the boys in the front. Now, it was only Kai left who wasn’t paying attention to the games. Now it was only him left who was left to wonder. *I’m not ticklish, and Luhan knew that, meaning he knew that I was just playing around with Soyoung…  If that’s the case, then what was the real reason for giving us glares the whole day?*

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan stretched after giving the controller to Sehun, who eagerly took it. He was tired of always losing to these people. It wasn’t fair. Luhan was never one to play video games, so of course he’d lose, but no. No one would give him a free pass to victory. Annoyed with his losing situation, he stood up, letting Sehun take his spot, and sat on the couch instead. Luhan watched him, Kai, Kyung, and Chanyeol race each other. As everyone else cheered them on, betting on who’d win 1st place, Luhan scanned the room and noticed something.

Someone was missing.

She was missing.

He straightened up and looked around the huge room once more, confirming that she wasn’t in the game room. He nudged Chen’s arm and looked at him. “Where’s Soyoung?”

“Soyoung?” Chen didn’t take his eyes off of the screen. “She said something about touring the house and going outside to get a view of the stars.”

Luhan rolled his eyes at the guy. *That was all the information he got from her when he let her go? This guy is useless. I feel bad for whoever his future girlfriend will be, because they’re sure going to have a hard time finding him if they ever get lost… But was Soyoung really that bored that she had to leave the room?* He glanced over to the other couch and scoffed. So much for a caring best friend he was. The Kizo guy was already knocked out. Looking at all the helpless guys, Luhan stood up and left the room in search of her.

*Where should I start first, outside or the room farthest to the right?* He sighed heavily. He was already annoyed because of the game. Did she have to go places without telling him to get him even more annoyed? *Let’s start with the rooms first.*

After checking every guest room in the house, Luhan was certain that she was outside. She showed no trace of being inside after all, and the fact that her shoes weren’t in the closet, it sure helped a lot. He groaned in frustration. *Why didn’t I think of the shoe closet beforehand? Going through every room was so useless.*

With that thought, he slipped on his shoes and walked out the back door which lead to the backyard. The backyard gave a better view of the stars, Luhan knew. *Where could she be?*

If you thought that the backyard was a basic backyard, you’re wrong. Kris’s grandma wasn’t just any rich woman, she was the rich woman. Her house could have been accounted for a mansion, and with a mansion, the property was huge. Her backyard was practically like a Palace’s ground, another reason why Luhan was feeling stressed. He would have to look all over just to find her.

“Soyoung!” Luhan shouted as he walked on forward. If yelling this late at night was the fastest way to find her, he’d do it. It’s not like anyone else would hear him. “Kim Soyoung!”

When there was no reply, he cursed silently. Was she that far to have not heard him call her name. “Where is she?” he sighed in frustration as he continued on.

After several minutes of trying to find her in the dark, yet under the lit sky, he whipped out his phone and was about to search for her name on his contact list when he realized something. *Damn. I don’t even have her nukber.* Annoyed, he shoved the phone back into his pocket and was about to turn back when something caught his eyes. Not too far from where he was, someone was laying on the grass, facing the sky. He narrowed his eyes, trying to make out the figure before relief washed over him and a small fireworks emitted in his chest. *I finally found you.*

“Soyoung, what are you doing there and not even answering me when I called your name?” Luhan demanded for an answer as he walked over to her. When he received no answer, he only became annoyed. After looking for her all over the place, she was just going to ignore him? “Kim Soyoung—”

He stopped speaking immediately as his eyes widen in amusement. “Soyoung?” Luhan uttered her name as he crouched down and looked over her. Seeing her breathing evenly, Luhan softened unknowingly. “Are you awake?” He asked, with a gentle smile. Knowing he wouldn’t get an answer, he sat by her and watched her sleep. *How did you even fall asleep out here?* He laughed quietly to himself as he brought a hand to her face and gently brushed the strands of hair away from her face. He propped his knees up and rested his arms on them as he gazed at her sleeping face. The thought that the female sleeping peacefully by him was the person that saved the life of someone he cherished, it made him guilty, yet, it made him feel a sense of warmth.

“Soyoung, you’re sleeping right?” he whispered. When there was no reply from her, he smiled a fragile one. “About what happened during the summer, I’m still shocked that it was you who saved Mei Lien. Who does she think she is? Why would she risk her life for someone she doesn’t even know? Wasn’t she scared? Questions like these still come to mind once in a while prior to the accident. Coming to know you, I’m still curious to as why you saved her. You’re always so noisy and annoying at times, but you’re still the same person who risked her life to save another.” Luhan paused to recollect himself before breaking out into a laugh. “I’ve told you before about my problems with befriend girls. 8 girls in total, remember? During that time, I was in love with Yun Yi, so I always worried when I found out they had feelings for me. Because of this, I stopped befriending girls. You know of this too, right? Well, what I really want to say is… I guess, it’s fine if I befriend you. No, it is fine to be friends with you, because I trust you. I trust you and know that I won’t have to worry about you falling for me. You’re Kim Soyoung after all.  Plus, I want to be friends with you. It’s been a while since I’ve had a female friend, and I think you’re the only one who got closer to me than the others… And it’s easy for me to trust you. You don’t mind being my friend, do you?”

Luhan glanced down at her, his heart melting unknowingly. He inhaled the fresh breeze with grin.

“Luhan!” Chen’s voice could be heard from far away, taking Luhan out of the relaxing zone. “Soyoung! Where are you guys?”

Luhan sighed. *What a way to ruin someone’s relaxing time, Chen.* He rolled his eyes before nudging Soyoung lightly. He didn’t want to wake her up and would rather carry her back to the house, but because Chen was here, it would make things seem awkward. Plus, Luhan didn’t want to get caught staring at Soyoung and speaking to her when she’s asleep. “Soyoung,” he whispered as he nudged her lightly.

“Luhan!” Chen’s voice called once again.

“Soyoung, wake up,” Luhan softly called. The female’s brows furrowed unpleasantly and moved a bit. “Soyoung.”

“Are you guys out here?!” Chen called once more as he moved closer to their area.

Soyoung peeked open her eyes when she heard her name be called by Luhan. “What is it?” She asked, her voice hoarse as she sat up with the help of Luhan.

“You fell asleep out here,” the male laughed quietly.

“I did?!” she shrieked before realizing her surroundings. She, too, broke out into laughter. “Wow, I guess I did. Gosh, it felt so good to be out here though.”

“Yeah, this place has a beautiful view,” Luhan repeated the word from earlier when they were back at the restaurant.

“Soyoung-a! Luhan! Are you guys out here?!” Chen’s voice sounded once again.

“Is that Chen?” Soyoung asked in which Luhan nodded.

“It seems like it is.” He stood up and helped Soyoung. “Let’s go back. The guy’s going to wake up the neighbors if we don’t.”

At his response, Soyoung laughed and followed right after him as he held her by the hand, softly pulling her after him, keeping her in balance. Waking up from a good sleep, Soyoung was still quite unbalanced.

“Lu—“ Chen was about to call out loud again when two figures made themselves known as they walked towards him. Chen grinned. “Where were you guys? I was looking for you.”

“We were stargazing,” Luhan replied as he passed by the male with Soyoung by his side. “Why?”

Chen followed right along as Soyoung kept quiet, the drowsiness seeping back into her.

“Nothing, I was just looking for you guys,” Chen shrugged.

“You could’ve woken up the whole neighborhood,” Luhan rolled his eyes.

“They wouldn’t hear me,” The other male laughed as he noticed their interlaced hands. He gave Luhan a questioning look in which he didn’t pay attention to. Chen then looked over to Soyoung and noticed. “Was Soyoung sleeping? She looks like she just woke up.”

“It was just a small nap,” Soyoung assured the guy with a smile. “I was looking at the stars and unknowingly fell asleep.”

“Oh, I see.” The male flashed her a grin. “Well, you don’t need to worry. Kris has already decided who sleeps where today and you get the room with its own bathroom.”

“I do?” She muttered, still tired.

“Yeah. I’d say it’s one of the best room aside from his grandma’s and his,” Chen shrugged.

“Kris has his own room here?” Soyoung questioned, quite amazed. For someone whose family was so rich, she didn’t understand why he would live in such a small house. Well, at least the place where he lived back in Seoul was much smaller compared to this place, and although Soyoung hasn’t seen his parents’ house yet, she could tell it was just as big.

“Yeah,” Luhan answered her this time. “When we still lived in Beijing, Kris often came during the weekends to hang out here and for some peace and quiet. His parents often throw business things at him so he hates it at home, so he comes here to relax. His grandma doesn’t throw the business crap at him, so he prefers being here more than his parents’.”

The three entered the huge house before closing the door shut and locking it up.

“I’ll take you to your room,” Luhan suggested. He turned to Chen. “I’m going to sleep right after I take her to her room, so don’t need to find me if you guys need me. I’m in the usual room I usually stay in.”

“Okay,” he nodded before walking the opposite hallway.

“Where’s the room that you usually stay in?” Soyoung asked Luhan as the guy dragged her behind him.

“Across from yours,” he replied bluntly. He reached their destination and opened the door for Soyoung. “Your suitcase should be in the room. The maids should have put it in there already. If you need anything from anyone, my room is right there.” He pointed behind him. “And if for some stupid reason you don’t want help from me, there’s always the game room. Kris is usually up late playing his games and I’m sure more of the guys would be up with him too. Or, if you’re more comfortable with females, then the maids are always available in the living room.”

“The maids will still be here?” It was hard to believe that they could endure that long.

“Maids here are available 24/7,” he shrugged it off. “They switch off with other maids.”

“Oh.” Now it made more sense.

Luhan examined her face before a tint of red painted his face. “Uh… Good night then.” He didn’t wait for a response and quickly went inside his room, leaving the female to be dumbfounded.

“Um… Good night to you too, Luhan,” She muttered before going inside her assigned room and closing the door.

 

 


 

 

Author's Note♥:

THANK YOU to everyone of you for being so patient. Again, thank you very much. I'm back for now, and hoping to not go anywhere and stay for a while. Things are more settled now than they were last week. Thanks for understanding my short absense. I tried my best for you guys with this chapter, so I do hope you guys enjoy it. As for the soundcloud player, I couldn't find the song on Soundcloud so I had to do it through YouTube. I hope you guys are okay with that. Again, thank you my lovely readers

 

 

Thanks For Subscribing∞:

Thanks to these BEAUTIFUL people who subscribed to 'JUST Common Sense'!

| roxxanne | carpediiem | unrequited-lover | kkatherina | kmarieily | reina-k-D_O | CITYOFJOANNE | KittyC | MsAwesomeTokki | pandamaomao | venasan | Imjustagirlnextdoor | htethnin | Lunew21 | iambrielleiant | Alicevandort | blueisland101 | xkimchi | asian_ninja712 | BlingBlingTiger | pandalolove | saranghaexo88 | Lynnda | Chubbiee | avisdawn | Jiyeon_JN | -Anita | Micha0524 | isabelleloveluhan | KPOPCHICKKAA | snadya | xSungYoung | ChaCha24 | 2pmfan4ever | rheesmiles | asdfjkl_unknown | absadeeheng | i-am-serene | hungryPie | kawailu | rainbow_bananas | AkaruiHoshi | liralyre | SMfan4evrAKB48 | Hellogec4 | Clou9Nine | dreamandshine | KaeJae | Yue97BAL | jungseungyeon | pretty_pamela | Putri02 |akpopfan | jain127 | jujube1908 | laceyblare | Cold-TowardsYou | Natalie_phuah96 | fangirl2000   | ExoticBabyArmy | kimminjung112 | chineseandkoreanboys | dbsk_cassie | oranghead | jia_loveluv | minhyuk-baegopa | PressPlay |jasminejane | krisgangsta | berry1207  |Chocolithugs| yukiandini | leehyunae_pearl |I-Love-EXO | bacon9 | hanxing | itzailee | Tokkichu | LilRosiie | pupamika | Kpopsizzle | BBgirly | TheRedEyedWolf | xingxingbaekhyeonnie | cutielove1108 | lolydev | Heyinpiniteu | ronnieee | blueskyy  | Cakepopsareawesome12 | infinitybaby | LoveKpopBoyBand | exoticstaorin  | lisatran | wariii | YuNgWoNnIe | Supafast_Jellyfish | shin_chaye  | scattered  | ravenous_red  thekyuhyunie | lin_ling9697 | chiel13 | Kitty_Min | Haesica08 | CakePOP_Crush | Khimmie | thechanyeolvirus | ggie15 | sela_305 | Rielah| euniice9 | flammerablelovelove | aNDe4STAR | lucy_0960 | JeLLY_BeaNS | xxikpxx | miiskax | Vieffje | Millies | luckystar92 | november11 | shiki3600 | 999666 | natasyaain | MaRiA2000 | chaeki19 | CamillaN | LuhanLittleDeer | PanXxhsu | --bubbletea-- | Kosianfanfics | XXanimexliveActionXX | Iamgay1 | Teamin | louise_sone | djputitbackon | fxkrys | RiaSkittles| | Nubci4 | luhannieyy | Nabylah91 | NightPM | originme0324 | Yeonyeonna | nasaroytaki | Deeena | Joesphine | kwangmin2001 |