Chapter 29

JUST Common Sense

 

No One's POV

It’s been two weeks since the performance in front of the whole Music department. Although the showcase was to happen the week after that, it didn't happen. Instead, the showcase was pushed back due to the judges and professors not having the finalists list done yet. Although many of the students were eager to know if they made it to perform or not, they were more focused on the fact that the judges hadn’t chosen the performers yet. It all summed up to be that there must’ve been lots of great performances for the judges to be taking so long. Along with the fact that this year's Showcase will be different from the previous years, students were more excited than ever. They haven't been told how it would be different, but they all knew there would be a major change and many were overly excited.

The following two weeks only became the regular weeks they’ve been having, excluding the eager talks about the unique showcase they will be having without having to know when it will happen.

 

Today, after reaching home and doing her assignment for her Composing class, Soyoung decided to bake some cupcakes. She was craving for them and plus, it’s been quite a while since she’s baked anything. She sort of misses it. Soyoung wasn’t the best baker, but she wasn’t the worst either.

“Should I make vanilla, or chocolate?” She thought about it before coming to a decision. “Strawberry! Mom likes strawberry better than Vanilla and Chocolate. Hm… Maybe I should do some vanilla flavored for dad too.”

With that being said, she got started right away, taking out the materials needed. Her parent’s left for another business trip to Japan just a week ago and are returning this evening. It was another good reason to bake the cupcakes. Plus, it’s a Friday.

After mixing the batter and everything, she placed them in their mini-cups and put the tray into the oven. She set the temperature to 350 and settled down onto the couch after washing the utensils.

Soyoung sighed. “The house can become quite lonely… I should’ve called Zico and Kyung over. I wonder what they’re doing.”

To kill time, she the TV and watched random reality shows. For some odd reason, she wasn’t in the mood to laugh. Even if the guests had said something funny, she couldn’t bring herself to laugh.

Instead, her mind wondered off to its own place and before she knew it, Soyoung was thinking of a particular someone.

*I wonder if Luhan’s as bored as me right now. His parents are also on the trip with my parents…* Soyoung sighed and shook her head. Just then, the ringer rang, signaling the baked cup cakes are done and ready to go. Immediately, the female got up and jolted over to the oven. Putting on the oven glove, she reached into the oven to pull out the tray and set it on the counter, letting the cupcakes cool off. She was contented with how they had turned out.

She prepared the frosting, while she let the cupcakes cool down. Once she was set, she easily coated the tops with the blue, white, and pink frosting. She made sure it was smooth before moving onto the more difficult task. She designed mini floral designs onto the cupcakes, specifically mini roses with its beautiful green leaves; And just for decoration, she added lines to make it look more attractive.

Although it took lots of effort and patience, she was finally done after 2 hours. The decorating was always the hard part for her and Soyoung always found it quite difficult. She usually quickly only coats the cupcakes, then eat it, but today was different. She suddenly felt like wanting to make it attractive. Her parents were coming home and she missed them. Of course she’d want it to look attractive.

“Finally done!” She cheered herself on as she proudly took a picture of it. “This is going to Facebook. Kyung’s going to be so jealous because he won’t be getting any~” she sung as she quickly posted it up.

 

“So pretty,” she praised as she put her phone down before grabbing for one of the treat she made. She lifted it to before taking a small bite. She squealed in delight. “My cupcakes are the best!”

She happily ate the cupcake as she picked her phone back up. She had already gotten some likes for the photo and a comment from Kyung and one from Zico.

Soyoung snickered as was about to reply to his comment when she received another notification. Clicking on the icon, she raised her brows in wonder.

鹿晗 and 9 others likes your photo’ the notification read.

 

*鹿晗? Who’s this…? Gosh, I should’ve paid attention in Chinese class back in middle school. I can’t even read this.* She frowned slightly. *I wonder who this is. I don’t remember adding this person and why is the profile picture so blurry?!*

She glanced at her cupcakes and dismissed her phone. She carefully grabbed a decorative plate and placed the cupcakes carefully on it. By the time she was done was, Soyoung picked her phone back up, once again wondering who this so-called Chinese person may be.

Brought down from curiosity, Soyoung decided to see who this guy was. She clicked on the notification and quickly clicked on the name, leading her to a profile. The “+1 Add Friend” button was visible and she became confused. *Who is this guy?* She wondered.

Without glancing at his profile picture, she skipped down to his posts. The most recent was just 10 minutes ago, to her surprise. Sadly, the post was also in Chinese and so Soyoung couldn’t read nor understand it. The post had over 100 likes already. *Wow, he must be some Facebook famous Guy.* She over looked the comments and suspicion struck her. *The last guy called him ‘Lulu’… That sounds familiar.*

 

Translation:

 She was about to leave his profile, when his profile picture finally caught her eyes as the picture was bigger than earlier.

 

 

*Isn’t that… Luhan?!* Her eyes widened as she clicked on a photo. Soyoung zoomed in to take a closer look. *It is him! Is he stalking me on Facebook?!*

She snickered, “How can he stalk my Facebook but not add me? This is a total stalker. Tsk tsk. I shall confront him about this.”

Without thinking properly, she clicked on the ‘Message’ button & unknowingly typed in her message.

 

 

Quite irked and forgetting about the cupcakes in front of her, she clicked on her notification icon again only to be shocked. The notification from earlier wasn’t there and the photo ‘likes’ no longer has his name as one of the people who liked her photo.

Confusion crossed Soyoung’s face along with disappointment. *I was sure he liked my photo. That’s how I even got to his profile… Did he unlike my photo?* With a slight pout, Soyoung sighed. She overlooked Luhan’s message and a frown only formed. *Wow... This is embarrassing. I don’t have any proof now. How am I supposed to prove it to him now?! ... I should just act like I never messaged him… Yeah, things will be better that way. Maybe the embarrassment will die down.*

She took a deep breath and clicked the “Delete Conversation” button.

The warning came up and a pang of guilt and disappointment unknowingly washed over her. She hesitated. *Just act like nothing happened… Haha. Yeah, it’s already embarrassing enough that I don’t have proof.* The mindset immediately got to her and without further thinking, Soyoung chose the option in blue – to delete their conversation. *There was nothing important about it anyways.*

At the thought of their pointless argument that she had started without thinking smart, Soyoung laughed heartily. She was brought back to reality when she realized that the cupcakes were still freshly out in the opening. “I should put them in the fridge so they can cool by the time mom and dad comes back,” she mumbled to herself before getting to work.

 

 

 

Meanwhile~:

“What is this? Why is she taking so long to reply?” Luhan hugged his pillow to his chest and began to ponder about it. “She should have replied by now. It’s already been five minutes. Is she still searching for proof?” The idea made him chuckle. “Wow, she really is dumb. Doesn’t she know that when I unliked her photo, the notification will no longer be there? Is she still trying to figure out why she can’t find my name anymore? Either way, she still should’ve replied. How can she leave people hanging like this?”

Quite annoyed by the fact that Soyoung was taking too long to reply to his oh-so-quirky message, Luhan slouched against the headboard, an unknowing frown bestowed upon his lips. “Is she even going to reply back?”

“Who?” a male voice entered his room.

Luhan didn’t bother to look up, knowing who it was. Instead, Luhan waved him off. “No one.”

Yixing raised his brows, amused, as he put down his cup of hot cocoa along with the plate of cookies down on the nightstand. “Really now? ‘No one’?”

He laughed when Luhan sent glare his way. Yixing put his hands up in defense before grabbing a cookie and eating it. Luhan followed suit, taking the cookie whole into his mouth.

“So… I saw that post of yours,” Yixing chewed on his cookie. “Who is she?”

Luhan cursed in his mind. He knew well that Yixing saw it. Funny story. Yixing was one block away from Luhan’s house when he had read the post and ran all the way to Luhan’s place minutes after the post was up.

“How did you manage to get here so fast anyways?” Luhan rolled his eyes, trying to drift away from the subject. “I swear, I posted that status up about five minutes before you got here. It’s like you knew I was going to post that status up.”

Yixing laughed at Luhan’s will to wanting to chop the guy’s head off for asking. “Like I said, I was a block away from your place when you posted the status up. I was helping my aunt’s friend move her new furniture into her house and I was headed home when we were done. Then BOOM! You’re flirtatious status showed up.”

Luhan sent another glare. “It was NOT a flirtatious status.”

The friend gave Luhan a look. “Really? It wasn’t flirtatious? Should I show you the post again to remind you?”

Luhan rolled his eyes. How can the quietest guy out of their group of friends be the most annoying... after Chanyeol, and Kai, and Tao, and Chen, and Sehun, and – “I was mocking people, okay?”

“And by people, you mean?”

“So annoying,” Luhan complained as he quickly stuffed another cookie into his mouth, only causing another uproar among his friend. *He’s seriously annoying though. I wasn’t being flirty. I was just saying.*

“Okay then, let’s say you were mocking someone… Err — some ‘people’,” Yixing began after taking a sip of his hot cocoa. “Although I’m sure it’s just ONE girl, who is she anyways? You never seemed to talk about any girls since we arrived in Seoul and then… suddenly this weird post about… Cupcakes.”

Although he didn’t seem as if he cared about the subject, deep inside, Luhan was dying from embarrassment. Yes, he found it to be embarrassing, because he never did like being the center of attention because he likes someone… Not that he likes that girl though. He was just saying…

“She’s just a typical girl. Annoying just like many others,” Luhan responded with a stout reply. He didn’t dare look up at his friend and kept his eyes on his mobile device. Yet again, the question struck him. *Why hasn’t she replied yet?!*

Without Luhan noticing, due to him being too occupied with his phone, Yixing pulled out his and clicked on the Facebook app. He overlooked Luhan’s status once again.

* ‘You’re so mean. How can you make cupcakes and not give me any? I’m sad and disappointed in you… I really want some of your cupcakes. Give me some? No, it’d taste better if you feed me. Feed me? ;)’* Curiosity dawned upon Yixing all over again. *Who is this person? He talked about cupcates... Cupcakes… I don’t know anyone who made any cupcakes today. Yun Yi sure didn’t make any cupcakes today. She can’t even bake so who is Luhan talking about?*

“Who is this girl?” Yixing muttered to himself quietly. “…Perhaps… Could it be—”

“Why is it taking her so long just to reply?!” Luhan raged as he jumped off of his bed, holding his phone tightly near his face with a frown. He turned to his friend. “Does it make any sense???” Luhan questioned the blank friend of his. “I mean, how long does it take you to realize that there’s no proof and reply back to the person who messaged you? Wouldn’t you reply right away?!”

“Uh… Yeah, totally would,” Yixing replied with a nod of his head. He was quite amused with Luhan’s behavior at this very moment. It wasn’t every day that this happens. Since when does he ever get mad when some girl don’t reply to his message. Although Yixing had no idea what Luhan was talking about, he found it amusing.

“Exactly!” Luhan grinned as he looked back to his phone then with a sigh, only frowned again, returning to his devastated state. “But she isn’t replying at all. It’s been practically ten minutes now and she hasn’t even replied yet. What is wrong with her? Doesn’t she know better to not keep the other end hanging?”

*Wow. Ten minutes. Just ten minutes, Luhan? Not twenty, not thirty, but ten? The question is what is wrong with you. Not what is wrong with ... whoever this girl may be.* Yixing thought with a short laugh.

Luhan groaned as he slumped down onto his bed once again. “Kim Soyoung, you crazy girl. What is taking you so long?” he mumbled as he continued to stare at his screen.

Though Luhan was quiet and just mumbling nonsense, Yixing picked up the name. Her name. A light brightened in his mind. *I knew it! I knew it was her.* He was proud of himself for guessing right, although he hadn’t necessarily said it out loud.

Yixing put his phone into his pocket and cleared his throat. “So… What’s up with Soyoung?”

Luhan froze him bouncing up and down. *! Did I just— Damn! I did say her name out loud! Wow. Nice going, Luhan.* “Who? I have no idea who you’re talking about,” Luhan replied, not even glancing up.

Yixing could see the blood rushing to Luhan’s face.

“Hm… okay then. I guess you don’t know Soyoung. Well, Soyoung is a friend of mines,” Yixing began, finally earning a look from Luhan, who gave a look that said: what-the-hell-are-you-trying-to-say? He ignored the look and continued on with a grin. “Kim Soyoung is a friend of mines that just so happens to live right across from you. I was wondering, would you care to give her a visit?”

Luhan rolled his eyes. “No. I don’t want to know another annoying idiot,” Luhan responded.

A sly smile came upon Yixing’s lips before he got up and headed towards the door. Luhan silently questioned his actions.

“Fine with me,” Yixing answered as he left Luhan’s room. Luhan could hear him shuffle down the stairs. He could hear Yixing yell from downstairs. “I’LL GIVE HER A VISIT MYSELF!”

At the mention of visit Soyoung legitimately, Luhan’s eyes rounded. *No… No! Yixing, what are you trying to do?!* He heard the main door downstairs close and immediately, Luhan got to his feet and zoomed down the stairs, slipping his shoe and out the door. He ran across the street, just in time to see Yixing ring Soyoung’s doorbell.

“Yixing!” Luhan yelled as he reached Soyoung’s front door also. *! ! ! What if she opens the door and sees me?!* “What are you trying to do?!” Luhan hissed, putting his phone into his pocket. He tugged on his friend’s arm desperately. “Let’s go back. Come on—“

Just then the door opened and there, standing by the door way was her.

The girl that made cupcakes but didn’t share him any.

The girl that questioned why he didn’t bother adding her after he liked photo and ‘stalked’ her wall.

The girl that he just had an immature argument with.

The girl that never replied back to his message fifteen minutes or so ago which frustrated him to no end.

The girl that he was so desperately wanting a reply from.

That girl was standing by the door way, eyes as wide as his and all Luhan could do was curse in his mind. *! Now what do I do?!*

“Yixing… And L-Luhan?” Soyoung stuttered. “What are you guys doing here?”

Yixing gave an angelic smile. “You don’t mind if we intrude for a bit, do you? Luhan’s been craving for some cupcakes lately.

 


 

 

Author's Note♥:

I updated two days early! Just in case I won't be able to update he coming Sunday, I decided to update today! & Yes, I used the Facebook interaction - again. I hope you guys don't mind. After reading this chapter, how do you think Lay/Yixing's character will be like in this story? Let me know, lovelies~

Anyways, I did some changes here & there through out the story. A major change is that I have officially changed Luhan's last name to his original Last name: Lu, instead of having his last name be Xi/Xiao. So from now on, his full name is just Lu Han & his parents will be refered to as Mr. & Mrs. Lu! I also changed the dates of the Showcase for the story, because it was a huge mistake from the beginning anyways. It's nothing you guys really need to reread over, so no worries! :))

Thanks for reading, guys! Leave comments, by the way. I love reading your comments! ;) 

Don't forget to COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE & OR UPVOTE on your own will~. I'd very appreciate it though ;D

 

 

 

Thanks For Subscribing∞:

Thanks to these BEAUTIFUL people who subscribed to 'JUST Common Sense'!

| roxxanne | carpediiem | unrequited-lover | kkatherina | kmarieily | reina-k-D_O | CITYOFJOANNE | KittyC | MsAwesomeTokki | pandamaomao | venasan | Imjustagirlnextdoor | htethnin | Lunew21 | iambrielleiant | Alicevandort | blueisland101 | xkimchi | asian_ninja712 | BlingBlingTiger | pandalolove | saranghaexo88 | Lynnda | Chubbiee | avisdawn | Jiyeon_JN | -Anita | Micha0524 | isabelleloveluhan | KPOPCHICKKAA | snadya | xSungYoung | ChaCha24 | 2pmfan4ever | rheesmiles | asdfjkl_unknown | absadeeheng | i-am-serene | hungryPie | kawailu | rainbow_bananas | AkaruiHoshi | liralyre | SMfan4evrAKB48 | Hellogec4 | Clou9Nine | dreamandshine | KaeJae | Yue97BAL | jungseungyeon | pretty_pamela | Putri02 |akpopfan | jain127 | jujube1908 | laceyblare | Cold-TowardsYou | Natalie_phuah96 | fangirl2000   | ExoticBabyArmy | kimminjung112 | chineseandkoreanboys | dbsk_cassie | oranghead | jia_loveluv | minhyuk-baegopa | PressPlay |jasminejane | krisgangsta | berry1207  |Chocolithugs| yukiandini | leehyunae_pearl |I-Love-EXO | bacon9 | hanxing | itzailee | Tokkichu | LilRosiie | pupamika | Kpopsizzle | BBgirly | TheRedEyedWolf | xingxingbaekhyeonnie | cutielove1108 | lolydev | Heyinpiniteu | ronnieee | blueskyy  | Cakepopsareawesome12 | infinitybaby | LoveKpopBoyBand | exoticstaorin  | lisatran | wariii | YuNgWoNnIe | Supafast_Jellyfish | shin_chaye  | scattered  | ravenous_red  thekyuhyunie | lin_ling9697 | chiel13 | Kitty_Min | Haesica08 | CakePOP_Crush | Khimmie | thechanyeolvirus | ggie15 |