Chapter 48

JUST Common Sense

 

"Again? You have something you need to do, again. That's five days in a row that you've rejected my request to hang out, which is very unlike yourself." Soyoung pursed her lips and tapped her fore finger on the table.

She was currently having herself a warm cup of coffee in a cafe near the college, and she happened to called Baekhyun along the way, wondering if he would like to hang out since she had nothing to do, and her classes were canceled. Sadly, Baekhyun said he had things to do, but that only brought suspicion upon Soyoung. This wasn't the first time he rejected her this week.

"Um, yeah, sorry about that, Soyoung. I swear, you're still my best friend. I'm just legitimately busy. Unlike me, but believe me, I'm super busy."

Soyoung sighed and nodded as if he could see her. "Yeah, no, it's fine. Don't need to apologize. I understand, I guess. Just, what have you been busy with, may I ask?"

If anyone were to hear this conversation, they would assume that Soyoung and Baekhyun were some type of couple in which the boyfriend seemed to be avoiding the girlfriend at all costs, which would bring her to have doubts in their relationship.

"Well, that's nothing of your concern."

Soyoung furrowed her brows. There was no ice coated with his words, but she definitely didn't like hearing that.

"But I'll tell you when I meet you tomorrow. I promise."

"So it's nothing of my concern, but you'll tell me anyways," she was definitely not putting up with the way he was speaking with her, but quickly dismissed it. "Whatever. Just, when did you make plans to meet with me tomorrow?"

"Just... Now?"

"And after you've been rejecting my request to hang out five days in a row, what makes you think I'm going to come out to see you tomorrow?" She rapidly tapped her fingers on the table, her cup of coffee not so warm anymore.

"Come on, gorgeous. You can't resist the one and only Byun Baekhyun, especially when he's making precious time just for you."

His words managed to make her laugh, and she was grateful for it. What a conceited freak he is.

"What time and where?" Soyoung agreed to meet up with him.

"What time? Around 7PM. Where? Well, I'll come to pick you up, so don't worry about that. You'll find out where tomorrow."

She could hear his smile through the phone. He seemed excited about something, and that helped her warm up, because she could already tell she would be having fun tomorrow too then. "Alright, then. I'll see you tomorrow then. Who else did invite to meet up with us? The whole gang?"

"Only you. So far." His soft laughter behind the phone warmed her. "I'm going to get in contact with the whole gang right after you hang up."

Soyoung nodded with a smile. "Okay. I should hang up now so you can gather them then."

"Alright. See you tomorrow, Soyoung."

After hearing that Soyoung had hung up, Baekhyun stuffed his phone back into his pocket.

He returned inside the small, yet, famous art building, where fourteen young men and one young woman stood, all doing their own things. Seeing the progress everyone was making excited Baekhyun.

"Wooh! It looks like we're almost done!" Baekhyun grinned widely.

Zico looked over at him as he finished blowing his fiftieth balloon with the balloon pump that day. He had arrived not too long ago, with the rest of the boys. Everyone had been working on this so-called project for the past week now, everyday after classes, and still, Zico didn't know what it was about or who it was for. His wild guess, which derived from having to cut out tons of paper hearts, blowing up colorful balloons, cutting out letters, and so much more, was that Baekhyun was probably confessing to someone.

"So who is this woman you're planning to confess to?" Zico wondered, tying up the balloon. His eyes roamed the room. "You seem to come in later after we all leave to do exra work as well. She must be someone special." Everyone stopped working and their eyes flew over to Zico. "What?"

"You're saying that you're doing this with us right now, not even knowing what this is for?" Kyungsoo asked. He had thought that everyone knew what this was for.

Zico furrowed his brows and looked over at Kyung. Surprisingly, Kyung didn't look surprise. "So everyone here knows what this is for?"

"You seriously don't know?" Kyung blurted, then it dawned onto him why Zico wasn't doing anything odd. "No wonder you were so quiet about this. It's because you don't even know what this is for."

"What are you talking about?" Zico was only confused further. Why did everyone know but him? He turned his attention towards Baekhyun again.

"I swear I told you what this was for when I texted you," Baekhyun defended himself as he took out his phone. He went through their text history, and only frowned when he found no proof that he had told Zico anything about this plan. So he forgot to tell Zico. Oh Lord. He slipped his phone back in his pockets. "Um, well. I guess I didn't. Sorry. Why don't we go outside while the others work? I'll tell you."

Zico hesitated for a second but followed Baekhyun outside as everyone else continued doing their own work, some helping with decorations.

"So what is this about?" Zico asked once more.

"Well, you were right on one thing. This is going to be a confession," Baekhyun admitted. "But I'm not the one who is going to be confessing."

Zico sighed and placed his hands into his pockets. "So are you saying I'm doing this for some random stranger?"

"No," Baekhyun shook his head. "You actually know this person, trust me."

"If Kai and Eunbyul weren't here, helping our asses, I would've thought maybe it was for Kai's confession, considering the fact that he and Eunbyul aren't an item yet," Zico analyzed.

The shorter male nodded his head, "Yeah, well, it's not for them. It's for Luhan."

At the mention of the male's name, Zico raised his brows. "Luhan? Why am I doing this for him?"

"Because you're his frie$nd... Aren't you?"

Zico rolled his eyes. Given all the time they spent together, Zico had to admit, they were close enough to be called friends even though there were times when he despised him. "Okay, fine. But who is he confessing to anyways? He's not even helping us. We're all doing the hard work here. He's still in China, and from the looks of it, he doesn't seem to be coming back anytime soon."

Baekhyun pursed his lips. "For one, he has been helping us. He was the one who came in every evening to do the extra work for us. You know how we always come in the next day to see more progress? Well, yeah, that was all his doings, not mine. And for two, he's doing the hard work here, compared to us. While we're here doing the decorating and the prep, he's currently doing something else that also contributes for his confession. Look, the guys don't even know this yet, but I'm telling you anyways. Yes, he's back. Yes."

"He's back...?" Zico his lips then scoffed. "Wow, the kid's back and he didn't even come to say hi?"

"He's been busy," Baekhyun defended Luhan.

"Well, hell, I'm busy too, but I made my time for this." Zico frowned and sighed. "Who is he confessing to?"

"Soyoung," Baekhyun answered matter-of-factly, and with that answer, Zico froze.

Had he heard right?

"Soyoung?" Zico repeated. "Like, the Kim Soyoung? Our Kim Soyoung?"

"I'm sure there's only one Soyoung we both know, unless you know more than one, but yes, our Kim Soyoung," Baekhyun confirmed. He examined Zico's pale face. "Hey, you okay?"

"Where is he?" Zico grabbed Baekhyun's collar.

"Whoa! Calm down!" Baekhyun pushed him away. He didn't understand why Zico was reacting this way.

"Where's Luhan?" Zico asked again, this time, more demanding.

"At my place," Baekhyun answered. "Why-"

And he didn't even get to finish his question when Zico ran off already. Well, great. Less hands, less help now.

It made Baekhyun wonder why Zico reacted that way anyways. Though in wonder, he went back inside to help the others. He walked over to Kyung to help him blow the balloons.

"He went running for Luhan, I'm guessing?" Kyung asked, tying up the balloon in his hands.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Baekhyun wondered. He grabbed the hand balloon pumper and began pumping balloons with Kyung.

"I just figured. The guy's sorta protective of Soyoung." Kyung pumped another balloon.

Baekhyun tied a balloon. "Oh, I see why he reacted like that then. Why is he so protective of her? Does he like her or something?"

"Used to," Kyung admitted with a smile, because he knew he caught Baekhyun off guard with the unexpected answer. "I know, it was surprising for me too when he told me. That was back in middle school though, so don't worry about it. He no longer has those feelings. He just cares a lot for her, that's all. She's like a younger sister to us."

"Okay... So for him, it went from viewing her as a younger sister, to a love interest, and back to a younger sister?" Baekhyun found the situation to be sort of awkward. Of course, there was nothing wrong with having a friend fall for another friend, but he still found it weird in Zico's case.

"It's weird for me to think of it that way as well, but it's true." Kyung chuckled and pumped up another balloon. "I mean, I guess it makes sense, because middle school is the one stage where everyone tends to get confused when it comes to love, you know?"

"Oh, yeah, I guess that makes sense." Baekhyun nodded as a presence came next to him, and Kai sat down besides him.

Kai grabbed an extra balloon pumper and began pumping balloons as well.

"Eunbyul insists that I help out you helpless bums over here. Said you guys aren't getting anything done," Kai stated, obviously upset that he had to leave her side.

Kyung stole a glance behind him where the said female was cutting out paper hearts of all sorts of sizes. He returned his attention back to the balloons. "I'm surprised you guys aren't dating yet."

Kai's cheeks became as red as a tomato. "We're just not there yet."

"Yeah, why not? You two make it so obvious that you both like each other," Baekhyun stated the obvious.

"Exactly. You and Eunbyul need to get your acts together and become a couple. I usually don't care about this stuff, nor do I usually root others on, but just seeing you two hint your feelings at each other but not doing anything about it irks me. A lot." Kyung didn't care if he had sounded rude, but that was what he did best. Being rude was his specialty.

"Like I said, we're just not there yet," Kai cleared his throat. "I'm a man. I'll confess when I know we're both ready for a serious relationship."

"Oh, love, you're not even dating yet, and you're already taking everything so serious," Baekhyun posed an accent in which he and Kyung laughed afterwards.

Kyung high fived the shorter male. "He's right. You're not even in a elationship yet, and you're already taking things so serious. I've been told about your streak of not dating. Even I've dated more women than you have! I was so surprised when Sehun told me that you've only dated two girls in the past. And you weren't even serious about them."

Kai inhaled and sighed deeply. "This is why I don't want to ask her yet. It's because I don't know if I'm ready to be serious with us. I want to wait a bit longer and see how things go first."

Kyung sighed and shook his head in a playful manner. "My friend, you have a lot to learn. A lot."

"I used to think Luhan was behind the league out of all of us. I guess he's one step ahead of you," Baekhyun shook his head.

Kai shoved a balloon in Baekhyun face erupting laughter from Kyung and Baekhyun himself. "I realized my feelings for Eunbyul quicker than he realized his feelings for Soyoung, so that actually still makes him the last one of all of us, not me."

"Whatever you say," Baekhyun chuckled, tying another balloon.

 

 

At the sound of the door bell ringing, Luhan ran downstairs in a hurry. "Coming!" He shouted, though having no idea who it was. If it was Baekhyun, the guy would've just entered, because he had the keys to his own home, but if it was one of Baekhyun's guest, it would only be kind of Luhan to open the door, right?

But the minute he opened the door, he earned a punch to his face, causing him to fall to the floor. At the unexpected attack, Luhan geared up to fight back but stopped abrutly when he realized who it was.

"Zico?"

The said male pulled Luhan up by the collar of his shirt. Luhan dropped his arms and helped himself up as best as he could, though it wasn't helping much because the force Zico gave in was quite strong, and that meant things were serious.

"I barely gave in to you becoming friends with her. What makes you think that I'll allow someone as petty as you to like her?" Zico snarled, shoving Luhan against the wall with force.

Luhan winced, but kept a strong expression. *So this is what this is about.* He tightened his jaw, but scoffed lightly. "Do I really need your permission about this? I don't think I do."

"You hated her," Zico snapped. "You hated her so much that the sceond you spoke to her, you raised your voice at her. Even when she put her life on the line to save Mei Lien, you raised your voice at her. Someone as disgusting as you shouldn't even get the chance to stand by her side."

"You're right, someone as awful as me shouldn't even be by her side," Luhan admitted, not backing down. "But I am."

"Being a friend is one thing, being a lover is a whole nother thing," Zico hissed, tightening his jaw.

Silence passed between the two, tension quickly rising. Zico finally let go of his collar anf heaved a heavy sigh. "Don't do this confession. Give up on it."

"I will do this confession. I won't give up on it." Luhan stood firm on his end. Zico narrowed his eyes in hatred, yet, that didn't faze Luhan. "I understand why you don't want me to show that type of interest in her, and I understand why you wouldn't want someone like me to be by her side."

"If you understand, you should back off then."

"You think I haven't tried?" Luhan approached him. "I tried my best. When I realized my own feelings for her, did you think I pounced on to her in joy? I had my own share of fights within myself. I had to continue to hold myself back. I want her to be happy, just as much as you, so at that moment that I realized it, I didn't make a move. I knew that having me to stay away from her would be the best for her. I don't deserve her. She deserves so much better. I continue telling myself this, and I know it's true, even now. I don't deserve someone like her, and she really does deserve someone better than me... But to physically accept this truth, I can't. I can mentally, but I can't physically. The time I've been away, in China, you have no idea how hard life was for me. I yearned for her every day. I was struggling to even make it a day without her presence, her voice, her everything. But I still forced myself to live those days without her, because I knew that the moment I see her or even hear her voice, I wouldn't be able to stay away. I forced myself to stay away so that it would be fair for her, for all of you. Did you think I selfishly left for China just for myself? Of course I didn't. I left for all of us. If I didn't leave to China at taht time, I knew I wouldn't be able to hold back my feelings for her, and if ever, I were to tell her about my feeligns, I would be risking my friendship with her, and the friendship I have with all of you."

"Then why did you come back?" Zico snapped. He was wanting to pull another punch, but the thought of Soyoung held him back. Soyoung never liked violence. "You said you left so that everyone's friendship wouldn't be at risk, but what you're doing right now is doing exactly that."

Luhan's lips pursed into a thin white line. He shook his head. "If it was at risk, the boys wouldn't be helping me out right now."

"Your selfishness is blinding you." He clenched his fist and scoffed. "You left for China, you said, yearning for her. That if you hear her voice even, you wouldn't be able to hold back your feelings. I wonder how you came back. What. Did you pick up her calls? Read her texts? Is that why you came back?"

"I can live without Soyoung," Luhan admitted the truth. "I know that I can, but that would be one miserable life that I'd rather not live. I want to be with her. Someone I cherish in Beijing made me realize that. That I want to be with Soyoung. That I shouldn't just give up because there's another man I'm up against. That I should fight for her. That I should make my feelings known. And after making my feelings known, whether or not she wants to be with me, everything else will be up to her."

Zico kept his strong gaze locked onto Luhan's, and another brief moment of silence passed them. He released his gaze and sighed heavily, averting eyes. "You're not the right one for her."

"I know."

Zico glanced at him. "You don't deserve her."

"I know."

Zico kept a strong posture. "You shouldn't get the chance to be with her."

"I know."

Zico spoke quietly and carefully. "You know all of this, and yet you're going for her... You do know that if you ever make her cry or ever hrut her in anyway, it won't be just two guys going after you, it'll be thirteen guys after your , right?"

Relief filled Luhan, and he relaxed, a lightly laugh escaping his lips. The tension in the room immediately faded. He nodded, "I know."

Zico poked the inside of his mouh with the tip of his tongue. "This confession, you better do it right. I wouldn't want my efforts wasted."

"Thank you."

"I'll only give you this chance. Screw it up, you're done. And dead." Zico left the house after giving his acceptance and left Luhan filled with relief and joy.

It was definitely Luhan's showtime now, and he was prepared.

 


 

Author's Note♥:

I watched Back To 20 & it was a pretty nice movie. Not bad & Luhan totally nailed his acting! He's improved so much! Guys, I'm so into dramas & OSTs these days though. Haha. I'm currently watching Healer, Hyde, Jekyl & I, Kill Me, Heal Me, Persevere, Goo Haera, & some others that I don't remember at the moment :x But anyways, my favorite one, as of now that I'm currently watching, is Healer! Ji Changwook is so asdfghjkl! He's perfect & I just enjoy Healer so much over all! It's so perfect & their OSTs are perfect! My favorite OST from Healer is Highlight, although the whole track isn't out yet, I'm waiting for it eagerly. Haha. Hyde, Jekyl, & I is probably my second favorite that 'm watching right now. There's a lot of comparison between that & Kill Me, Heal Me. Other than the fact that both male protagonsits suffer from D.I.D (Dissociative Identity Disorder), I don't see too much how the plots correlates, so I wouldn't say it's plagiarism? But, they're both really good, still! Persevere, Goo Haera isn't bad either. It's actually VERY interesting as of now! Gawd! Jinyoung! My love! He's perfect as well. Oh! I also watched GOT7's Dream Knight Web-Drama! It had me cracking up! Gawd, Mark is FINE! When they insulted JR. Bambam & Yugyeom in Episode 2, it had me at my best. Whew! Check it out, if you're a fan of GOT7. You won't regret it. LOL Okay,  I should stop. I'm getting too excited. Anyways, Guys, I'm just here to tell you to check out Healer's OST, Highlight. It's beautiful. Everytime I listen to it, I tear up :')
Anyways, tell me about this chapter! Did you like it? Did you not? What are your thoughts? And... Are you watching any dramas right now? LOL If so, which one(s), & how are you liking them & their OSTs? Until next time! :)
By the way, about the SoundCloud playlists, something happened to it? I was using my sister's acc for it, and she told me she deleted her account?? Without letting me know, but it's okay, because I wrote down the songs on paper, so I'm currently making an account & creating playlists all over again. They'll be back up! :)

 

 

Thanks For Subscribing∞:
Thanks to these BEAUTIFUL people who subscribed to 'JUST Common Sense'!
| roxxanne | carpediiem | unrequited-lover | kkatherina | kmarieily | reina-k-D_O | CITYOFJOANNE | KittyC | MsAwesomeTokki | pandamaomao | venasan | Imjustagirlnextdoor | htethnin | Lunew21 | iambrielleiant | Alicevandort | blueisland101 | xkimchi | asian_ninja712 | BlingBlingTiger | pandalolove | saranghaexo88 | Lynnda | Chubbiee | avisdawn | Jiyeon_JN | -Anita | Micha0524 | isabelleloveluhan | KPOPCHICKKAA | snadya | xSungYoung | ChaCha24 | 2pmfan4ever | rheesmiles | asdfjkl_unknown | absadeeheng | i-am-serene | hungryPie | kawailu | rainbow_bananas | AkaruiHoshi | liralyre | SMfan4evrAKB48 | Hellogec4 | Clou9Nine | dreamandshine | KaeJae | Yue97BAL | jungseungyeon | pretty_pamela | Putri02 |akpopfan | jain127 | jujube1908 | laceyblare | Cold-TowardsYou | Natalie_phuah96 | fangirl2000   | ExoticBabyArmy | kimminjung112 | chineseandkoreanboys | dbsk_cassie | oranghead | jia_loveluv | minhyuk-baegopa | PressPlay |jasminejane | krisgangsta | berry1207  |Chocolithugs| yukiandini | leehyunae_pearl |I-Love-EXO | bacon9 | hanxing | itzailee | Tokkichu | LilRosiie | pupamika | Kpopsizzle | BBgirly | TheRedEyedWolf | xingxingbaekhyeonnie | cutielove1108 | lolydev | Heyinpiniteu | ronnieee | blueskyy  | Cakepopsareawesome12 | infinitybaby | LoveKpopBoyBand | exoticstaorin  | lisatran | wariii | YuNgWoNnIe | Supafast_Jellyfish | shin_chaye  | scattered  | ravenous_red  thekyuhyunie | lin_ling9697 | chiel13 | Kitty_Min | Haesica08 | CakePOP_Crush | Khimmie | thechanyeolvirus | ggie15 | sela_305 | Rielah| euniice9 | flammerablelovelove | aNDe4STAR | lucy_0960 | JeLLY_BeaNS | xxikpxx | miiskax | Vieffje | Millies | luckystar92 | november11 | shiki3600 | 999666 | natasyaain | MaRiA2000 | chaeki19 | CamillaN | LuhanLittleDeer | PanXxhsu | --bubbletea-- | Kosianfanfics | XXanimexliveActionXX | Iamgay1 | Teamin | louise_sone | djputitbackon | fxkrys | RiaSkittles| | Nubci4 | luhannieyy | Nabylah91 | NightPM | originme0324 | Yeonyeonna | nasaroytaki | Deeena | Joesphine | kwangmin2001 | chinkieachel | naham142 | dawnxiamara | dancingdeermachine | diemsee | yangyomine | sleeplessnight | Deeelfy | Nami_97 | arenith | bygluvar | choxaxa | raniaa | PaoLu42090 | chie22 | KL_PINEAPPLE | Solana401 | Cjayyy | Fishys_Wife | Oswins | chenniey | numico | luckytohaveu | Exo_Fighting | EykaaFinkuru | fian_octa | anvancaro | 10strawberri | Pikrachu | macky1989 | miraluhan | Tafunazasso | TheBlossom122 | venus1014 | lolipop_18 | kirakinz | Asiangirl_21 | kimyunmi | J-loves | RegitaS | chanluhan | kissmelover123 | Stef-Luvs-Kpop | ShadyCakes | ZackeryFrost | anasianlover | naa_ly88 | KaWing | Reyzus | BubblySnowflake | Zawmhan | Kpoplover1307 | bfb1a499 | Hunnnie | beantart | exopuzzle | sharsharr | evolkpop | maizaux | Sparklebutterfly | ManUnited | HyueSung | BANA_STARLIGHT | Yvaine | xxsyfaizh | bevbrandy13 | sweetieana | remyeollie | Aeviou | Vorticism | Kpopidolwannabe| BabyHan | Got7saranghae | seductive_fairy | evoleihsif21 | kpoprocks56 | asimpleasian | 574109 | aretirabell | kawaiifangurl4lyf | xoxo128 | bellaburn | chanyeolequallove | kha7irun96 | seosohee | forevaluvkpop | RosaKhang | joycetricia | Eunhee48 | lourdeslulu | hannamprasetyo | infinitehopes | LovelySoulmate | ekashafyka | zombieee | kiss_xander23 | exofantasticelfshine | -Snow_White- | Qiwenn | Taelin | ainluhanexo | byun_haemi | moonlight07 | Lealiss | peace1212 | myamya | alelealee | hellostrangersheart | oppajj | myamya | alelealee | hellostrangersheart | dodooro | raiza03 | KrYxing | luexoxiolu | nina3132 | Hotcakes1800 | Fluffy_bunny16 | FuzzyBall34| sparklingdresses | its_kimchixx | _yoonie_ | Nessal | fyminseok | Zilkeeny | livihwang | xinfinity2010 | kimchiiee | LollieCupcakes | Thewolf-whocried-ma | sparklingdresses | dekleene87 | squeakumz | Stacy-lacy | HyeMean | Chromic-Karneval | Dian821 | meinim | megan14 | lulumygosh | nakatsudesu2 | ShikshinLovesTurtle | ZLchin | Chocoholics28 | Derpyna | attatya | Grwlhan | SonJieun | babypandacakes | irenexo13 | xiaozharbor | gdlovesme | emeezed | leeyumi | hanasong | christinegorilla | exooverdose77 | wintermintcookie | Giggles02 | babyboo07 | sbroces | Sarnadh | sarishay | Renzo0o | Penbook | maryship | beejanmi | Fadilla | Kim_Joyce | randomlady | fi3srdn |