Chapter 5

JUST Common Sense

No One's POV

For the second time this whole summer, Soyoung’s mom had told her to cancel all plans and make no plans because she had to stay home. It was revealed that she was going to have to help Luhan with his College sign ups since it was so different from China’s. Because there is only one more month left before Soyoung starts, she decided to help, just because she felt pity towards him. Just a bit.

“Uh, hi,” she pursed her lips into a smile as she stood by the door, making room for Luhan to enter their house.

It’s already dark out, practically around 8 PM. Why he chose to come this late? She had no idea, but it didn’t matter. She had nothing to do now anyways, except the fact that she was hoping to sleep early today.

“Hey,” he greeted, not making eye contact before walking in and taking off his shoes. She closed the door with a slight sigh, not wanting to do this anymore. These papers were boring, no doubt about it. When she filled these papers out back in the spring time when they took applications, it took her a long time because she was so distracted from not wanting to do the work.

Her mom knew she gets sidetracked easily, so why bother to ask her help him with his college papers? Beats her, she didn’t know either. At least her mom put trust into her for this, right? It’s the thought that counts.

Soyoung led him to the couch where he set the blue folder of papers on the table and took a seat across from Soyoung who grabbed a seat for her instead of sitting beside him on the couch.

“Sorry to bother you. My parents told me to come over,” Luhan spoke as he took out some papers that she didn’t even bother to glance at in the process.  She noticed once again, that he didn’t make eye contact with her when he spoke.

“Yeah, it’s fine.” She replied in such a plain tone that made him pause just to look at her before continuing. “So, what is it that you need help with?”

Luhan gave her a weird look, “I have nothing I need to get help with.”

Soyoung cocked an eyebrow. Did she hear right? He didn’t need help? “Then, why did you come over?”

He magically took out a pencil from his pocket. Soyoung glanced at the paper that he had taken out and found that it was a blank piece of paper. From what Soyoung knew, college papers are NOT blank. They always have something written on them. Common sense.

“Like I said, my parents told me to come over,” Luhan replied with no emotion to his voice of tone.

“So this has nothing to do with you needing help on your college papers?” she gaped. What is going on, really.

He scoffed inwardly and started doodling on the paper he took out. “Or course not. I may be Chinese, but I know my Korean very well so no need for that. What made you think that I came over for help?”

Soyoung ignored his question. “So you only came over because your parents told you to and you have no idea why they made you come over?”

Not even looking up at her, he responded, “Right.”

She couldn’t believe this. Was it her parents that lied to her, or did the Lu’s lie to her parents? Well, too late now. Both parents are out for the day and night it seems. They had went on a mini one day trip which Soyoung didn’t know about until last minute. Now it was only her in the house and because of Luhan, she had to cancel all her plans with Zico. She could’ve been having fun right now. Damn.

“This is crazy,” she rolled her eyes. “Why would you come without a reason?”

He rolled his eyes and lazily glared at Soyoung, “Are you dumb or deaf? I said I came because my parents told me to. I had that reason.”

“Well, besides that!” she emphasized. “Why would you come over if they just tell you to come over without a reason?”

“They did give me a reason,” he continued to doodle. “They told me to come over because they want us to get closer.”

She waited for him to continue, but he stopped it at that. “Closer…? Haha, you’re funny,” she used thick sarcasm. “Please, for the past 19 years of my life, get closer to you, now? Luhan, if we were to get closer, we would’ve done that YEARS ago. Not now.”

“Then tell that to the parents,” he responded nonchalantly, drawing whatever he was drawing. She didn’t even bother to check.

“And I would, because?” Soyoung was tired of his lame answers. It was tiring and so… bland.

 Okay, so she wasn’t exactly liking his personality at this point. It was kind of irritating. First of all, he never even made eye contact when he spoke to her. That’s downright rude. Two, he came over for a stupid reason that he kinda agreed to as pointless, stupid, and impossible. And lastly, three. Three, he’s so boring, no offense. That’s just how she sees him as.

“You tell me,” he replied shortly not adding anything else. Soyoung snickered and sighed in frustration. This was frustrating. Luhan was frustrating. Either ways, she was quite surprised that they both took on a mini conversation, if that’s what it’s even called. She was just a bit surprised. That was the most they both had ever talked together. Ever.

Soyoung got up willingly, not even wanting to acknowledge his existence anymore, not in a bad way of course. She just didn’t want to deal with someone she didn’t see as so important in her life. But, being the polite girl she is, she just had to ask. “Do you want anything to eat or drink?”

“I’m good.” Luhan didn’t even bother to look at her for reassurance or anything. It was as if he was talking… to nothing. To thin air.

“Suit yourself,” Soyoung threw her hands up in the air, giving up. She was right, they will never get close no matter how much their parents try. As she was about to travel her way up the stairs, Luhan had stopped doodling.

“That’s not a pretty kind way of treat your guests, you know?” His voice echoed against her ears.

She turned and gave him a weird look. “How else am I supposed to treat you? I asked you if you wanted to eat or drink anything and you clearly said you’re all good. Plus, you don’t really count as a guest. You’re the son of Mr. and Mrs. Lu, meaning I don’t have to treat you as a guest. You’re clearly like family.”

“So you’re saying you treat my parents like crap when they’re here?” His voice was dull, but she sensed a tint of protection in them against. She didn’t say anything wrong though, right?

“I never said that and no,” Soyoung sighed heavily, “I would never treat your parents like crap. What I’m saying is that you’re not a guest and you’re like family. You can dig through the fridge if you’re hungry. You can grab some juice or water if you’re thirsty. You can turn on the T.V if you’re bored. Heck, you can even search our whole house if you want. Do you get it?” She looked into his eyes, hoping he gets the concept. Instead, he pursed his lips and looks a bit troubled causing her to retain her patience. “Please don’t take offense to that as well. It’s not meaning to insult or anything.”

He inwardly rolled his eyes. “I know that, okay? I was just wondering, you put so much trust into me. Aren’t you scared I might steal something?”

“Please, I could care less,” you stifled a dry laugh. “You wouldn’t do something like that. Plus, I know your parents, for god’s sake.”

“So if I did steal something, you would tattle on me?” he snickered. “Wow, unbelievable.”

Damn, this guy. Soyoung calmed herself to her tired mode, “Look, can you just do whatever you were doing? I’m so tired of you and your behavior here.”

“Excuse me?” Luhan was taken aback. He didn’t realize there was something wrong with his ‘behavior’. He rolled his eyes and got up, holding his doodled paper up in the process. “Don’t worry, I’m done here anyways. I’m leaving, okay?” He shook the paper in his hand. “Make sure you give this to your parents. Bye.”

He placed the paper on the table and left with his folder after slipping his shoes.

She looked as the door closed in front of her eyes before walking over the table and picking up the paper that he had left.

Her eyes widened as she read what he had written, not doodled, surprisingly.

– I, Lu Han, had dropped by Mr. Kim’s house and spoken with Kim Soyoung, passing a conversation. It was pleasant and she’s a polite woman with lots of manners. I was offered drinks and snacks in which I took with delight. Thank you for everything, Mr. and Mrs. Kim. I had a nice time talking with Soyoung before leaving. You have a very smart daughter. You raised her well.

Signatured:  Lu Han

Soyoung couldn’t believe her eyes. He had just lied in the paper and to her surprise, they were nice lies about her. She hadn’t expect this. If he were to lie, she would’ve expected it to be about her being a bad-mannered girl and no respect and always talking trash. Maybe Luhan wasn’t so bad after all. She trailed her eyes down the paper and a small post it was stuck on to it.

“Write your portion about me on here and sign it like I did. You HAVE to have a similar story to mines or we both will suffer the consequences our parents have set for us.” She read the note and snickered. “What consequences? Is he crazy?”

Yet, she held onto the paper, hesitating whether or not to do what she was told. This wasn’t fair. She didn’t like being told what do to by someone her age, especially someone she barely knew. If it was Zico, it would’ve been okay, but not anyone else. Soyoung sighed and went to lock up the door before traveling to her room and placing the paper on her desk. She laid on her bed, her energy drained out for some odd reason. “Tomorrow,” she muttered, closing her eye shut. “I’ll do it tomorrow.” And with that, she slowly drifted off to a peaceful sleep.

 


Author's Note♥:

Again, I don't know how I manage to update so early, at least earlier than what I expected. I wasn't going to update today, BUT, today's a special day, so I thought, why not give an update? It wouldn't hurt. Do you guys know why today is so important, well, to me and maybe some of you?

Because today is the birthday of an awesome leader, one of the best leaders in the world, WOO JIHO!!! Have I ever mentioned about how much I love him? He's just so awesome! I love the guy to death & hav so much respect for him!

September 14, 1992 & now September 14, 2013.

Happy birthday to this handsome fella!

I might do a bonus chapter today for this guy ;)

 

 

Thanks For Subscribing∞:

Thanks to these BEAUTIFUL people who subscribed to 'JUST Common Sense'!

| roxxanne | carpediiem | unrequited-lover | kkatherina | kmarieily | reina-k-D_O | CITYOFJOANNE | KittyC | MsAwesomeTokki | pandamaomao | venasan | Imjustagirlnextdoor | htethnin | Lunew21 | iambrielleiant | Alicevandort | blueisland101 | xkimchi | asian_ninja712 | BlingBlingTiger | pandalolove | saranghaexo88 | Lynnda | Chubbiee | avisdawn |