Chapter 27

JUST Common Sense

Ch. 26: An awkward smile approached her face. “Um… Hi.”

 

No One's POV

“Holy shiiiiiiiiit!” An exclamatory praise from behind every came. All of the boys turned their attention to what Kai had been looking at.

There, on the painting stand, stood Soyoung’s painting of Luhan.

The room was filled with Awe’s and Wow’s, causing Soyoung to tint the shade of red. Luhan couldn’t help but grin at their reaction, because he too, still, was wowed by the painting.

“You freaking liar,” Kai whispered as he couldn’t keep his eyes off of the painting. “You said you were working on your painting. For , this isn’t yours at all!”

Luhan immediately hid his proud grin and masked on an annoyed face.

“Who painted that masterpiece?” Chanyeol asked with curiosity. It was already a giveaway that Luhan really hadn’t painted the masterpiece. Everyone knew Luhan and his drawing skills. There was no way he could’ve drawn himself so on point either.

Baekhyun quickly wield himself around and raised his brows. “When you said you majored in Visual Art, I don’t mean to underestimate you, but I didn’t think you’d be this good.”

Everyone’s attention was back on the female in the studio room.

“You painted it?” Kai questioned, eyes as wide as an owl. “You can paint this good?”

“Damn! You’ve got mad talent!” Chanyeol praised happily. “How long did it even take you to paint this?”

“5 days. Exactly 5 days,” Luhan replied for the female. “Now can you guys hurry with whatever you need because I need to help Soyoung with her part.”

“Hold up,” Baekhyun stopped Luhan from dragging Soyoung out of the studio. “Why is she here in the first place? And what do you mean her part?”

All eyes on them made them feel small. They were caught ‘cheating’, like they cared, but it sure didn’t go as plan, if there was even a plan.

“She draws me my painting and I help her with her performance.” Luhan put it as brief as possible before pulling her out into the spacious room. Everyone else followed with their eyes as if Luhan had said the most absurd thing.

“Then you guys are cheating on this project?” Chanyeol scoffed. “Wow. Isn’t that fair.”

“We’re not cheating,” Luhan replied without even looking at the boys. He sat by the painting stand, dragging Soyoung down with him. “We’re just helping each other out. Hurry up and use the studio before I kick you guys out.”

“For once, you tried hiding a girl in your room,” Baekhyun pointed out. “And you said you didn’t.”

Luhan sighed and glared at the latter. “Like I said, hurry and use the studio before I kick you all out.”

They all laughed before entering the studio, leaving the two alone. Luhan dragged her attention back to the lyrics.

“Hurry and sing,” Luhan commanded, waiting for her to show him what she’s got.

Soyoung uncomfortable cleared . “Do I really have to?”

“Are you scared?” He challenged.

The female immediately retorted. “I already said that I’m not.”

“Then show me,” Luhan portrayed a flat stare. “I believe I also said this before.”

Soyoung sighed in defeat and slumped her shoulders. “But… We don’t even have the music,” she made up a lame excuse. Even she, Soyoung herself, knew that it was a lame excuse. She had no other choice but to use such an excuse.

“That’s fine. I just need to know that you’ve got down the melody.” Luhan crossed his arms and stared at her.

Soyoung quickly averted eyes and shifted uncomfortably. “Stop staring.”

“Then start singing.”

She in a breath before glaring at the so-called man in front of her. “Why do you want to hear me sing so much? You act as if your life depends on my voice, my singing. God knows how good you are, but that doesn’t mean I am, and plus, can’t you stop commanding me in such a tone? It irks me so much! For someone who has never let anyone heard her voice, don’t you think I’m nervous? I’m not scared, I’m nervous. Don’t you know the difference between the two? Stop provoking me to punch your annoying face! It’s common sense that if someone clearly doesn’t want to do something out of their comfort zone, don’t force them, or at least give them time to adjust.”

She couldn’t hold it in anymore. It was irking, she had to admit, and at the same time, tiring. The nervousness she held in overtook her and all she could do was let it out. She wasn’t ready, but he was commanding her in such a tone that made her overly upset. It made her feel low and not in the right place.

Luhan raised his brows at her break out. He was rather surprised, but it wasn’t like he didn’t see it coming. Girls are like that. Every one of them was like that. When they’re pushed to their limits, they’re blow up. He knew because of experiences with Yun Yi. And because of those experiments, he was able to stay calm through it.

“Are you done letting out your nervousness and frustration?” Luhan questioned, masking on a blank mask.

Soyoung looked at him in disbelief. He could stand that? If it had been Zico, the guy would’ve stopped and looked away in shame. If it had been Kyung, he would’ve been scared half to death already. But this guy, Luhan, just happened to be unbothered by her outburst. How realistic.

“Um… Is everything okay?” Kyungsoo poked his head out from the studio room door.

Luhan sighed and dropped his gaze from the female. “Everything’s fine.”

“Okay…” The awkward male went back into the studio room with no further questions.

“Just once,” Soyoung spoke quietly, feeling quite bad for shouting at Luhan. “I’m going to just sing once. That’s all you’ll ever hear.”

Unknowingly, a grin crept onto Luhan’s face. “Fine, just once.”

Soyoung closed her eyes in distress and let out a shaky sigh. *It still isn’t fair that he’ll be the first one to hear me sing.*

Shaking off the uneasiness, Soyoung began to sing the song Luhan wrote. By the second, she came to be more confident found herself lost in the song. By the time she was done, Luhan was giving her another flat stare, but one that had more meaning to it.

“What?” Soyoung questioned as Luhan didn’t say anything upon her finishing the song.

“Didn’t you say you were bad at singing?” Luhan questioned back. “For someone who hid her voice this whole time, you’re not a bad singer.”

Soyoung scoffed unwillingly, but inside, she felt pleased. The compliment, she had taken it as if, wasn’t coming from just anyone, but it came from someone who truly desired music to be his life’s path. It was a good thing, for sure.

“But you’re not getting the beat right,” Luhan criticized, in which the female didn’t mind. He was just helping her to improve anyways. “That’s something we’re going to have to work on.”

“Then let’s work on it,” Soyoung said. She felt the need to perfect this song for the performance. She felt the need to perfect this song just for itself.

Luhan frowned slightly. “We can, but we’re going to need the studio. Or at least we need the music so it’ll be easier for you to learn the beat.”

“Oh…” Well, there goes her plan of perfecting the song. She can’t just bust into the room and tell the guys to get out.

“Come on,” Luhan said, getting up.

“Where are we going?” Soyoung questioned, following his actions.

“The studio, of course,” Luhan replied nonchalantly. “Where else?”

Her eyes widened upon hearing his words and she immediately stopped him from turning the knob to the studio room. “We can’t just barge in and tell them to get out though!”

Luhan smirked. “Whoever said anything about kicking anyone out? We’re just going in.”

He grabbed the female by the wrist and by force, dragged her into the studio room. Upon seeing the entrance of a female they weren’t so familiar with, the boys clumsily stopped the music with owl eyes. Many faces were flushed with red, afraid that maybe, she might’ve heard them singing, or in Chanyeol and Kai’s case, rapping.

Luhan stopped abruptly, eyeing the boys. “Why did you guys stop?”

No one answered, eyes stuck on Soyoung.

Luhan mentally gave a face-palming before calling out one of the boys. “Kyungsoo.”

Kyungsoo immediately lifted his gaze off of Soyoung to Luhan with alert eyes. “Y-Yeah?”

“Why did you guys stop?” Luhan questioned once again, rolling his eyes.

Soyoung frowned at the male’s actions and lifted her hand up to pinch him in which Luhan winced in pain while the others stifled a laugh. “Why are you so stern? You’re scaring everyone.”

Luhan rubbed his arm, where she had pinched as he scowled. “Was I scaring you? So then why would you pinch me? Be grateful I’m helping you.”

You be grateful I finished the painting,” she shot back before turning back to the boys and gave a smile. “Continue on what you guys were doing.”

Yet, no one moved and just continued to stare.

Luhan scoffed inwardly. “And you said I was scaring them.” Without letting her say anything back, he walked over to the mixing board, kicking Yixing out of the chair. He started to mess with some buttons, fixing some preparations for the song. “I’m going to help Soyoung with her beat for the song. Why don’t you guys just continue and ignore us, or if you’re bothered, you can go out there and sing or rap for practice until we’re done.” Luhan stopped shortly and turned to look at the boys. “If any of you lay even one finger on my bed, you’re banned from my studio, you hear?!”

With such a threatening warning, the boys nodded quickly. Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Yixing quickly made their way out of the Studio while Kai, Chen, and Baekhyun stayed behind in the room.

“You guys are staying in here?” Luhan looked at the remaining three.

They subtly nodded in which Luhan shrugged off before starting the music. He turned to Soyoung. “Try to sing it with the instrumental. Can you do it?”

Immediately, Soyoung shook her head. *I told him I was going to sing once! And does he really expect me to sing when the others are in here with us?!*

Baekhyun watched the two and a stifled laugh left his lips. All eyes in the studio turned to him. He looked at Soyoung. “Could it be that you’re shy in front of us?”

Taken aback by his question, Soyoung averted eyes.

“You’re making her feel more uncomfortable by asking her that,” Luhan stated the obvious, rolling his eyes. He tugged onto Soyoung’s hand. “Just this once. Baekhyun and Chen are great singers. If I can’t help you improve, they can help. The more people, the better. Don’t be shy.”

Kai scoffed, “Is Luhan being kind?”

Luhan threw a glare at him.

“He isn’t,” Soyoung replied. “He’s just doing this because I already finished the painting.”

The three chuckled at her response while Luhan threw a glare at her. “If I wasn’t being kind, I would’ve thrown the three guys out already and I would’ve left you alone to figure things out by yourself."

“Let’s just face the truth,” Kai retorted. “Even she knows you can’t be kind.”

“Kai—“

“Stop wasting time and let’s help Soyoung with whatever she needs help on,” Baekhyun insisted. “That’s the most kind thing you can ever do for her.”

Luhan ignored his last comment but stuck to his first. “Soyoung, you need to sing. You need to so I can help you with whatever you need help on.”

“Ahem!” Chen faked a cough. “You mean, we.”

Again, Luhan ignored his friend.  “You need to get out of the shy stage. Didn’t I already tell you that your voice isn’t bad for singing? No one’s going to make fun of you.”

Soyoung took a deep breath, feeling warmed up. She felt more comfortable than before, at least. “Fine… But, you all have to promise to not make fun of my voice, because I was never good with singing from the start.”

“Deal,” Chen immediately answered along with a nod from Baekhyun.

“’Hm… Well—" Kai began but tumbled forward when Chen elbowed the guy’s stomach. “Okay! Okay! Promise.”

Luhan glanced at Soyoung before starting the music. “Start at the right time. You remember, right?”

Soyoung nodded and took another deep breath.

When it was her queue to sing, she sung her heart out, although she didn’t really care.

Luhan and others noted the parts where she missed the beat and helped her willingly with it.

Before they all know it, the time had already become 1 AM. Although time had passed quickly with the four doing their best to help the female out, it had been useful and not wasteful. It wasn’t then when Kai yawned that they all realize how late it was.

“How is it already so late?” Chen yawned after Kai before opening the studio door. He paused when he saw three guys on the floor fast asleep. “Oh? Those guys knocked out already!”

He laughed as Kai followed shortly after him.

Baekhyun helped Luhan and Soyoung clean the studio up.

“You’re doing really well on the song. Your beats are perfecting,” Baekhyun complimented as he picked up some of the papers that Chen and Kai had been throwing around earlier.

“Thank you. I wouldn’t have been as close to perfecting my beats if it weren’t for you,” Soyoung thanked with a smile.

Luhan faked a cough and glared at Baekhyun. The latter only laughed.

“You all should go home now,” Luhan spoke as he entered his room and left the studio. Upon seeing the knocked out guys on the floor, he could only sigh. “You know what? Baekhyun, just take Kai and Chen home. These three can stay here.”

“What about Soyoung?” Chen asked.

“She lives across the street,” Luhan stated the obvious. “She can make it back with no problem.”

As he said that, Soyoung picked up her bag and swung it over her shoulder. “He’s right. I’ll make it home with no problem. I’ll be going. Thanks for all the help.”

She bowed quickly and left the room. Baekhyun nudged the guy.

“Aren’t you going to send her out?”

Luhan raised his brows. “Why would I need to do that?”

“Leave him be,” Kai waved the matter off. “The guy can’t be kind anyways.”

Luhan kicked Kai’s leg. “I can. Watch me.”

He quickly left the room and stalked downstairs and out the door. The wind was nice and it was calm, just like every night the past two months. He spotted Soyoung halfway across the street when she tripped on her own feet. Upon seeing her clumsy state, Luhan wanted to run up to help her, but stopped when he saw that she could help herself. A smile came onto his face.

“Are you always this clumsy, or are you just really tired?” he questioned even though he knew she wouldn’t hear him. He watched her enter her house before a wave of relief washed over him. Even though there was nothing to worry about; Even though she lived across the street; Even though she had claimed that there wouldn’t be a problem with walking to her house, he still wondered if she was sincerely this strong?

He never really gave respect to those around his age. Luhan never really cared about people around his age, but Soyoung was different. She was just a bit different, because  she’d sacrifice her life for someone else’s. It was what made her different. Just by a bit.

“You’re different, but you’re still a clumsy and annoying girl,” Luhan laughed to himself. Warmth filled his heart. “Good night, Kim Soyoung.”

 


 

Author's Note♥:

Gahhhhh!! I reached 100 Subbers! Thank you so much guys! You guys are amazing! Thank you so much for keeping up with this story! I'm sorry for my lack of updating the story. Yet, even with my slow updates, you guys still stay with this story. Thank you so much! ;D

Again, thanks so much! 100 Subbers aren't a lot, but to me, it really is! Thank you! & Look at this! I updated on a Sunday! [[My Timezone's Sunday. lol]] ♥ ♥ ♥

Don't forget to COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE & OR UPVOTE on your own will. I'd very appreciate it though ;D

 

 

 

Thanks For Subscribing∞:

Thanks to these BEAUTIFUL people who subscribed to 'JUST Common Sense'!

| roxxanne | carpediiem | unrequited-lover | kkatherina | kmarieily | reina-k-D_O | CITYOFJOANNE | KittyC | MsAwesomeTokki | pandamaomao | venasan | Imjustagirlnextdoor | htethnin | Lunew21 | iambrielleiant | Alicevandort | blueisland101 | xkimchi | asian_ninja712 | BlingBlingTiger | pandalolove | saranghaexo88 | Lynnda | Chubbiee | avisdawn | Jiyeon_JN | -Anita | Micha0524 | isabelleloveluhan | KPOPCHICKKAA | snadya | xSungYoung | ChaCha24 | 2pmfan4ever | rheesmiles | asdfjkl_unknown | absadeeheng | i-am-serene | hungryPie | kawailu | rainbow_bananas | AkaruiHoshi | liralyre | SMfan4evrAKB48 | Hellogec4 | Clou9Nine | dreamandshine | KaeJae | Yue97BAL | jungseungyeon | pretty_pamela | Putri02 |akpopfan | jain127 | jujube1908 | laceyblare | Cold-TowardsYou | Natalie_phuah96 | fangirl2000   | ExoticBabyArmy | kimminjung112 | chineseandkoreanboys | dbsk_cassie | oranghead | jia_loveluv | minhyuk-baegopa | PressPlay |jasminejane | krisgangsta | berry1207  |Chocolithugs| yukiandini | leehyunae_pearl |I-Love-EXO | bacon9 | hanxing | itzailee | Tokkichu | LilRosiie | pupamika | Kpopsizzle | BBgirly | TheRedEyedWolf | xingxingbaekhyeonnie | cutielove1108 | lolydev | Heyinpiniteu | ronnieee | blueskyy  | Cakepopsareawesome12 | infinitybaby | LoveKpopBoyBand | exoticstaorin  | lisatran | wariii | YuNgWoNnIe | Supafast_Jellyfish | shin_chaye  | scattered  | ravenous_red  thekyuhyunie | lin_ling9697 | chiel13 |