Chapter 49

JUST Common Sense

"Just keep her for another three hours. That's all the time we need you to stall," Baekhyun spoke into his phone as he rapidly taped paper hearts to the wall. "I told her that I'll come for her at 7PM, so I guess you can take her to dinner at 6 and stall time there instead? You know, just talk about random things, pass time for that hour."

"You do know that three hours isn't short, right, for stalling time?"

"I'm well aware of that, Taemin. But you should be glad you're even with her right now while everyone's working their asses off for this. I mean, even Luhan is here helping us." Baekhyun took another stack of paper hearts from the table.

"He is? So I'm guessing when the others found out that he's been back, they gave him a good beating?"

"You have no idea," he rolled his eyes. "Anyways, make sure Soyoung doesn't suspect anything. She's been quite suspicious of me because I had to keep telling her that I've been busy. She's a smart girl. You have no idea how many times she almost caught on. She literally asked me if I was secretly dating someone. Can you believe that?"

"Well, are you?"

"Of course not!" Baekhyun scowled and taped more hearts to the wall. "I literally spent hours and days just to prepare this confession site for Luhan. If I was dating right now, and was doing this as well, I would've been a single lad already, not saying that I'm not, but you know what I mean. My girlfriend would've dumped me already."

"Right."

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to be dating someone right now though. It does get quite lonely from time to time." Baekhyun playfully sighed.

"Baekhyun! Help me put up this sign, will you?!" Sehun shouted from across the room. The rest of the gang was busy doing their own thing, scattering around to get things finished.

"Coming!" Baekhyun set down the paper hearts. "Got to go. Remember, just stall time till 7. Don't let her know about anything. After you drop her off at home, come back here."

"Alright. Understood. Soyoung's coming. Hanging up."

After the phone call, Baekhyun rushed over to Sehun and helped him plaster the huge sign front wall of the gallery sight. They made sure it was straight, not crooked, and made sure it was on tight so that it wouldn't come slipping off during the confession.

"There. All good," Baekhyun grinned brightly.

The two stood in front of the banner and stared at it proudly.

"I can't believe this is really happening. Luhan's going to be asking someone out." Sehun crossed his arms over his chest. "And that someone is Soyoung. That's really a huge surprise."

"Because they used to want to rip each other's head off?" Baekhyun chuckled and patted his back. "Come on. We gotta get things done fast. We don't have much time left."

 

 

"So you're telling me, that when I'm giving you the chance to choose a restaurant to go to, you want to choose your home, netflix, and pizza instead?" Taemin blinked, profoundly surprised at the decision made.

"No," Soyoung shook her head. "I'm telling you that when you gave me the chance to choose a restaurant to go to, I chose my home, netflix, and pizza instead. The past tense is the matter, Taemin."

She reached for a slice of pizza and ate it with glee.

Taemin shook his head with a laugh. "I really didn't expect that, and I'm still surprise that we're eating pizza here instead of eating out."

"We've been eating out a lot lately, especially since we've been out a lot this past week." Soyoung leaned forward and picked up another slice of pizza, handing it over to the male, who took it willingly. "Staying home doesn't feel so bad."

"If this is about the money, don't worry, Soyoung. I've got you covered, and I'm not going to ask for a pay back," Taemin approached with a smile, biting into his slice of pizza.

"Of course not," she laughed. "I just really want to stay home. Unless you don't want to, then I guess we can go out to eat."

"I just want you to choose where you want to eat and where you want to be." Taemin glanced at her and softened. Home. That was definitely where she wanted to be. "I'm fine with anywhere, really."

Soyoung nodded and chose a random movie off of netflix from the comedy section.

"Are you going to the hangout in a bit? Baekhyun told you, right?" Soyoung asked as the movie loaded.

Taemin thought for a bit, jogged his memory, then smiled. *A hangout. That's what he told her.* "Yeah, I am, I guess. You are too, aren't you?"

"I have nothing better to do, and my parents won't be back till tomorrow morning, so yeah. Not that I'm trying to say that I sneak out of the house when my parents are gone or anything, but you know," she clarified, clearing to which Taemin snickered at.

"Right, like you don't," he .

"But I don't!" She argued with a laugh. "I barely go out."

"Right." His questioning tone sent her a sigh, but of course, the two knew this was all just a joke.

Soyoung rolled her eyes. "Believe whatever you want."

"I will. Don't worry about it."

"You are so rude!" Soyoung claimed with a shake of her head and a smile. She took another slice of the pizza, and so did Taemin.

Three hours. That was all the time Taemin had to try to stall. So far, time was flying by nicely.

 

 

Luhan breathed in, then out, and in, then out again. His heart wasn't racing fast, and he wasn't nervous for this so-called big day; he wondered why that was. Yesterdsay, he went to sleep nervous. His heart was beating madly the previous night, so why was it that he wasn't feeling anything? No, scratch that. He was feeling something.

Confused.

That was what he was feeling. He was feeling confused. Today was the day he was going to confess his feelings, but he wasn't feeling nervous, just confused. Something about today just didn't feel right, and he was worried

Luhan gripped onto the pencil in his hands, then in a quick motion, he dropped the writing utensil and phoned Baekhyun.

"Yo! What's up!"

"Baekhyun, there's something wrong." Luhan his lips. He was sweating furiously, and although he didn't know what was wrong, his guts was telling him something was definitely wrong.

"Wrong? Like what?"

"I don't know." He clenched his fist, then unclenched, and clenched again, then unclenched again. As time came closer to his confession time, he was only getting more worried.

"What do you mean you don't know? You're not making sense."

"Look, it's this gut feeling, okay? I feel like something's wrong, but I don't know what it is." Luhan's voice picked up speed, and he was beginning to internally panic. 

"Okay... Well, then can you tell me what you think might be wrong?"

Luhan closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Think. He was trying to think, but he really couldn't think of anything. He just knew something felt wrong. He couldn't pinpoint anything, and that was what was driving him insane. "Something. Just something. I can't say what it could be, but I really don't have a good feeling about anything today."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! You can't say that about today, Luhan. You do know that today is the day you confess to Soyoung, right? You don't want to jinx anything, do you?

And that exact reason was why Luhan was even feeling edgy. "I know that. It's just, something feels wrong, so I was just telling you."

"Well, whatever that could be, just watch out for anything that can go wrong. Maybe you're just too nervous that you're feeling odd things. That could be all."

Luhan pursed his lips and sighed in defeat. He couldn't even explain what this feeling was like. How did he expect Baekhyun to understand? Maybe Baekhyun was right anyways. Maybe he had been too nervous from the start, and maybe that nervousness resulted in... this. "Yeah, maybe you're right. I'm hanging up then."

And so he did, not knowing what was going to happen later that night.

 

 

"And when Baekhyun gets Soyoung here, he's going to say that he forgot something and tell her to go on ahead. So then, he's going to leave her, and she's going to come in by herself, and BAM! Doors are closed and locked! Kai and Eunbyul got that job. Next, Kris will turn off all the lights and Chanyeol will cut the strings that holds up the banner, which will unfold the banner. Kris will then be turning on the lights that points at the banner for Soyoung to see." Suho continued to explain the roles each of them held for this confession. "She'll wonder what's going on, and the chances of her running towards the door will be huge, but once she sees that banner, she'll know something's up, but she won't try to run away anymore, so we need for the banner to come down as fast as possible, and the lights too."

He glanced at Kris and Chanyeol who both nodded, signifying that they'll work as fast as they can.

"From there on, Yixing will begin playing the piano for mood. Well, for mood too, but it's the song Luhan wrote for Soyoung, so we can't really say anything about that," Baekhyun continued for Suho. "Once Yixing begins the piano playing, Zico, Kyung, Sehun, Kyungsoo, Chen, and Xiumin, you guys will start taking off the coverings for the portraits. There is a total of nine portaits we put up, so you guys pair up and take three portraits. Start on the portrait closest to the door, on the left. When Kris hears the cover fall to the ground, he'll turn on the lights for that portrait. Before he turns it on, you guys need to go to the next portrait, and keep that going until the last portrait. Once the last portrait is revealed to her, Suho and Tao will turn on the speakers and Luhan's mic, and from there. The magic begins, and we all just need to stick to the wall, in the dark, and watch everything unfold right in front of us."

At the simple plan, everyone let out a breath of relief. After many days of preparing this, they were all very tired, but knowing they've accomplished something special, they all felt relieved. 

"I can't believe this is going to happen," Chen breathed. "I really didn't think this would ever happen."

"I swear they were going to take each other to hell and back when we first saw them together," Kai commented.

"It seems they're going to take each other to heaven instead." Kyugnsoo quietly stated, though he was just as excited as everyone else was.

"Whatever happens from now on, let's just hope Soyoung says yes," Eunbyul hoped with a great smile. Kai grinned softly and gave her hand a hopeful squeeze of joy. 

 

 

"I thought you were going to stay with me and wait for Baekhyun. Weren't we planning to leave together?" Soyoung stood by the door as Taemin put on his coat.

"No?" Taemin grinned and patted her arm. "I would, but I have to go prepare. I needa go shower and just, you know. Prepare for a day out, night out, whatever. I'll see you later, alright?"

"After buying you pizza and letting you watch movies with me, you're ditching me. How sweet." Nonetheless of the joke, she smiled and made sure he got into his car and started its engine before she closed the door.

She only had thirty more minutes before 7PM, the time Baekhyun told her that he would be coming at to get her. She should've asked what they were going to do and where they were going to go, so she would know what to wear, but feeling too lazy to ask, she went to shower first, then came out to chose a usual daily outfit. A simple tee and jeans.

The shower had taken just enough time, because right after putting on new clothes, drying her hair, and searching for her coat, Baekhyun had arrived right at her door.

"You smell good," Baekhyun commented. It was a usual comment between the two. At first, Soyoung had found it weird, but she had gotten used to it.

"As always, according to you." Soyoung gave a light laugh and grabbed her wallet and was about to put on her shoes when Baekhyun stopped her.

"You're not going to go out in those clothes, are you?" Baekhyun questioned.

Soyoung raised her brows and did a double take when she realized the clothes he was in. A suit. A neat, clean, black suit. "So the occasion is meant to be fancy?"

"It's important. I'd rather describe it like that." He smiled and turned her around to face the stairs. "Now go back into your room and choose a beautiful dress."

"Alright, alright. Geesh. You should've told me earlier." She returned to her room, then sat, and pondered.

Dress. 

"A darn dress." she sighed and looked at her closet. For the past five minutes, she only sat and stared, because she honestly had no good dress for an 'important' event. She really thought they were going to just hangout. Guess this was one high class hangout they were going to have.

"Are you done yet?" She heard Baekhyun yell from the level below.

"No!" She replied back with a shout. "Hold up! I'm almost done!"

With a sigh of defeat, she grabbed for her most liked dress, at least the dress that she thought was better looking, and changed into it. She grabbed a more appropriate coat for the dress and headed back down the stairs.

"Better?"

Baekhyun smiled at the sight of her beauty and nodded. "For the occasion, yes. Come on. The others are heading there already."

She slipped on her gold flats and put on her coat before heading to Baekhyun's warm car.

"Where are we going anyways?"

"Somewhere I think you'll like. I think you've been there a few times already, but probably not for this reason." Baekhyun put on his seatbelt and drove off.

"What do you mean?" Soyoung scrunched her brows and cleared the fog from the passenger's window to get a view of nature covered in snow.

"You'll see when we get there." Baekhyun continued driving.

The two began talks about random things, and it wasn't when they came to a stoplight that Soyoung noticed something strange.

"Baekhyun, it seems like there must've been an accident far in front of us. Traffic seems to be going pretty slow."

"Yeah, it seems so. I should've taken the freeway, huh?" Baekhyun sighed and signaled to the left lane where Traffic moved faster on out. "I'll go to the next exit and circle back around to avoid the whatever's holding us back."

Soyoung nodded and agreed that would be the best way.

It didn't seem to be the best way anymore when they passed the accident site, and they saw a litle girl run towards the left lane, their lane, and it seemed like it was too late for a stop.

A chilling screech sounded.

...

CRASH!

 


 

Author's Note♥:

SoundCloud playlist back up! Anyways, I'm sorry that I haven't updated for a month now. Things have been very busy for me, and everytime I found time to write, I get interrupted. But I'm finally done, so I'm really proud of myself! I guess this was not what you guys had expected to happen, but things happened... I'm sorry to say, the ending probably won't be to your expectations--

By the way, lovelies! My cousin, WinterHarmony, JUST told me that she joined this writing contest that I've had my eyes on for a while. I didn't even know that until she told me just yesterday when she submitted a story. I was so surprised, because I thought she wasn't planning to write anymore, but she said she wanted to join the contest, so here I am helping her promote her story! She's a great writer. I've read some of her works & I've got to be honest, she has a beautiful imagination & she's a writer. She really is. In fact, she was the person who even encouraged me to start writing, not just fanfics, but just write stories in general, songs, poems. She was the one person who first encouraged me to do what I came to love to do, so I owe a lot to her. She's gifted with writing talent. So check her fic out! It's a vampire fic starring OC & Mark of GOT7! I'm sure excited for it & I'm going to be reading it for myself also! Join me :) Click Here For Beats Of Silence Writting By WinterHarmony 

Anyways, one of the few reason to why I wasn't able to update was because I was preparing for a performance I had to do for my school's Winter Performance night /because my school is an art school/. I played the piano - a piano medley. I decided to put the medley up on YouTube because people wanted to hear it & after working on that medley, I was inspired to continue creating medleys out of the KPOP songs I love. I already have two medleys up, so here you go! I'm showing you guys right now! (And yes, EXO songs are part of this because that's how much I love EXO. Haha)



 

 

ThankFor Subscribing∞:
Thanks to these BEAUTIFUL people who subscribed to 'JUST Common Sense'! 
♥ | roxxanne | carpediiem | unrequited-lover | kkatherina | kmarieily | reina-k-D_O | CITYOFJOANNE | KittyC | MsAwesomeTokki | pandamaomao | venasan | Imjustagirlnextdoor | htethnin | Lunew21 | iambrielleiant | Alicevandort | blueisland101 | xkimchi | asian_ninja712 | BlingBlingTiger | pandalolove | saranghaexo88 | Lynnda | Chubbiee | avisdawn | Jiyeon_JN | -Anita | Micha0524 | isabelleloveluhan | KPOPCHICKKAA | snadya | xSungYoung | ChaCha24 | 2pmfan4ever | rheesmiles | asdfjkl_unknown | absadeeheng | i-am-serene | hungryPie | kawailu | rainbow_bananas | AkaruiHoshi | liralyre | SMfan4evrAKB48 | Hellogec4 | Clou9Nine | dreamandshine | KaeJae | Yue97BAL | jungseungyeon | pretty_pamela | Putri02 |akpopfan | jain127 | jujube1908 | laceyblare | Cold-TowardsYou | Natalie_phuah96 | fangirl2000   | ExoticBabyArmy | kimminjung112 | chineseandkoreanboys | dbsk_cassie | oranghead | jia_loveluv | minhyuk-baegopa | PressPlay |jasminejane | krisgangsta | berry1207  |Chocolithugsyukiandini | leehyunae_pearl |I-Love-EXO | bacon9 | hanxing | itzailee Tokkichu | LilRosiie | pupamika | Kpopsizzle | BBgirly | TheRedEyedWolf | xingxingbaekhyeonnie | cutielove1108 | lolydev | Heyinpiniteu | ronnieee | blueskyy  Cakepopsareawesome12 | infinitybaby | LoveKpopBoyBand | exoticstaorin  lisatran wariii YuNgWoNnIe Supafast_Jellyfish shin_chaye  scattered  ravenous_red  thekyuhyunie lin_ling9697 chiel13 | Kitty_Min | Haesica08 | CakePOP_Crush | Khimmie | thechanyeolvirus | ggie15 | sela_305 | Rielah| euniice9 | flammerablelovelove | aNDe4STAR | lucy_0960 | JeLLY_BeaNS | xxikpxx | miiskax | Vieffje | Millies | luckystar92 | november11 | shiki3600 | 999666 | natasyaain | MaRiA2000 | chaeki19 | CamillaN | LuhanLittleDeer | PanXxhsu | --bubbletea-- | Kosianfanfics | XXanimexliveActionXX | Iamgay1 | Teamin | louise_sone | djputitbackon | fxkrys | RiaSkittles| | Nubci4 | luhannieyy | Nabylah91 | NightPM | originme0324 | Yeonyeonna | nasaroytaki | Deeena | Joesphine | kwangmin2001 | chinkieachel | naham142 | dawnxiamara | dancingdeermachine | diemsee | yangyomine | sleeplessnight | Deeelfy | Nami_97 | arenith | bygluvar | choxaxa | raniaa | PaoLu42090 | chie22 | KL_PINEAPPLE | Solana401 | Cjayyy | Fishys_Wife | Oswins | chenniey | numico | luckytohaveu | Exo_Fighting | EykaaFinkuru | fian_octa | anvancaro | 10strawberri | Pikrachu | macky1989 | miraluhan | Tafunazasso | TheBlossom122 | venus1014 | lolipop_18 | kirakinz | Asiangirl_21 | kimyunmi | J-loves | RegitaS | chanluhan | kissmelover123 | Stef-Luvs-Kpop | ShadyCakes | ZackeryFrost | anasianlover | naa_ly88 | KaWing | Reyzus | BubblySnowflake | Zawmhan | Kpoplover1307 | bfb1a499 | Hunnnie | beantart | exopuzzle | sharsharr | evolkpop | maizaux | Sparklebutterfly | ManUnited | HyueSung | BANA_STARLIGHT | Yvaine | xxsyfaizh | bevbrandy13 | sweetieana | remyeollie | Aeviou | Vorticism | Kpopidolwannabe| BabyHan | Got7saranghae | seductive_fairy | evoleihsif21 | kpoprocks56 | asimpleasian | 574109 | aretirabell | kawaiifangurl4lyf | xoxo128 | bellaburn | chanyeolequallove | kha7irun96 | seosohee | forevaluvkpop | RosaKhang | joycetricia | Eunhee48 | lourdeslulu | hannamprasetyo | infinitehopes | LovelySoulmate | ekashafyka | zombieee | kiss_xander23 | exofantasticelfshine | -Snow_White- | Qiwenn | Taelin | ainluhanexo | byun_haemi | moonlight07 | Lealiss | peace1212 | myamya | alelealee | hellostrangersheart | oppajj | myamya | alelealee | hellostrangersheart | dodooro | raiza03 | KrYxing | luexoxiolu | nina3132 | Hotcakes1800 | Fluffy_bunny16 | FuzzyBall34| sparklingdresses | its_kimchixx | _yoonie_ | Nessal | fyminseok | Zilkeeny | livihwang | xinfinity2010 | kimchiiee | LollieCupcakes | Thewolf-whocried-ma | sparklingdresses | dekleene87 | squeakumz | Stacy-lacy | HyeMean | Chromic-Karneval | Dian821 | meinim | megan14 | lulumygosh | nakatsudesu2 | ShikshinLovesTurtle | ZLchin | Chocoholics28 | Derpyna | attatya | Grwlhan | SonJieun | babypandacakes | irenexo13 | xiaozharbor | gdlovesme | emeezed | leeyumi | hanasong | christinegorilla | exooverdose77 | wintermintcookie | Giggles02 | babyboo07 | sbroces | Sarnadh | sarishay | Renzo0o | Penbook | maryship | beejanmi | Fadilla | Kim_Joyce | randomlady | fi3srdn | Babey_Ella | rainbowunicorn1 | naegalaxy | kimmeth | patricianicole624 | pastel-sky | thrownhopes | BapUkiss | musicgurl | xoTANox | CNSD999 | EykaaFinkuru |